Page 265 of 279 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Restarting the stats again post-Probe/DRS ban. Four round event meta consists of UWRb miracles (one Sea, 2 SB Thoughtseize, 1 Notion Thief) x1, RUG Delver x2, Team America x1, BUG Thresh x1, Turbo Depths x1, UR Delver x1, Merfolk x1, DnT x2, EsperBlade shenanigans (Academy Ruins) x1, EsperBlade x1.

R1 vs miracles 0-2. Counterbalance oracle: UU win the game. I'm going to toss out all games against Counterbalance combo because UW can't beat that card without running it. A separate tally will be kept, but there's little point pretending any card not called CB competes.
    R2 vs BUG Thresh: 2-0. Able to play around Stifle and Daze both games and hit enough white cards to 'duress' blue out of their hand while controlling the board; eventual win via unchallenged blue cards (Standstill/Teferi/Azcanta mix).
    R3 vs Team America: 1-2. Same concept as previous game. Both mull game 1 but they get there. Win mull to 6 game 2. Lose mull to 6 game 3. Favorable matchup due to their lack of burn but too many mana-screw mulls; close games though.
    R4 vs EsperBlade: 2-0: Game 1 they technically lose to Mentor, but Teferi/Azcanta/Standstill are all on board at same time. Game 2 opponent can't find Fetchlands and tap down 3 duals for TNN to which I respond with B2B; Mentor outraces and Portent target them puts game way out of reach. Their deck no longer has DRS and doesn't really put down credible threats until 3 mana; very easy to Standstill once and win off the back of the draw 3 if you ever StP the SFM. Opponent got a little ticked off game 1 because I didn't play for the Mentor win (which would have been quicker), but there really wasn't anywhere near enough pressure to abandon a completely safe win by default (outdraw them 4:1 each turn, not counting Standstills) while they were stuck on land topdecks, Batterskull bouncing/recast, and Lilly-otV.

Overall record 2-1. Counterbalance tally: 0-1. I've been happy with cutting down to 1x Fluster in the board. Will probably cut another card from board to get Blessed Alliance #2 (8-9 copies of TNN over last three rounds) and simultaneously achieve better positioning vs Burn and Goose.
    Can you share your list?

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Can you share your list?
    Pretty much same as before:

Lands (22)
    Island x3
    Plains x2
    Tundra x2
    Fetch (blue) x8
    Wasteland x3
    Factory x3
    Karakas x1

Creatures (5)
    SCM x3
    Mentor x2

Spells (32)
    Brainstorm x4
    FoW x4
    Portent x4
    StP x4
    Standstill x4
    Terminus x3
    Counterspell x3
    Search for Azcanta x2
    Teferi, Hero of Dominaria x2
    Blessed Alliance x1
    Noxious Revival x1
    Council's Judgement x1

SB:
    Surgical x2
    Disenchant x2
    C. Priest x2
    Council's Judgement x1
    Flusterstorm x1
    Karn, Scion of Urza x1
    E. Tutor x1
    RiP x1
    Powder Keg x1
    B2B x1
    Humility x1
    Serenity x1

Karn is mostly a test card from the vintage version of this deck. He's fine in matches where I expect opponents to bring in REB, but Czech is gone and I've not yet seen any convincing evidence that an REB deck, which can overcome white cards, currently exists (that doesn't play Counterbalance). Counterspell isn't Mana Drain, and without it I think Karn loses the aspect of being generically good in a proactive sense and really only pays off as a reaction to the previous scenario for us in legacy. I'll keep testing him for a bit and make space for SB Blessed Alliance by dropping a Disenchant or Serenity; E-Tutor is just a little too good at finding the unfair deck killer for me to want to cut at this time. Another card I'm heavily considering at this time is Sacred Ground and Teferi's Response (my local meta skewed heavily towards DnT).

Everything in the maindeck has been working out well pre- and post-ban. Wasteland has been especially effective in fair matchups due to the Azcanta puzzle this deck poses. Azcanta just sits there in enchantment form and the opponent is eventually forced to activate Wasteland targeting Factory (or I just Waste their Waste); Tundra is usually good for killing a Wasteland earlier on as well - after that Azcanta just creates too much specific card advantage and finding Teferi just shuts them out with double activations...and then to be sure you Standstill on top of all this, and uh....they concede. Alternatively you flip Azcanta to vindicate an enemy Wasteland and drop a Factory + Standstill. The Mentors are there because they don't interfere with all this nonsense and Magus of Entreat the Monks randomly wins games for free. The deck has been very reliable when it comes to getting to these mana states consistently against diverse strategies, and even pre-ban I wasn't really having that much trouble hitting Teferi mana and hardcasting Terminus - if you miracle a single Terminus by the mid-game you're massively favored to go into a solved late-game where you're out-drawing them and they eventually have to face some of the highest quality wincons in the game. The single regrowth effect with Noxious has been working well before, but with DRS gone that perfect amount of recursion is very close to feeling like Vamp. Tutor.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

Went undefeated tonight at my weekly (just 3 rounds) with the same list I last posted, haven't made alterations because it's been in my deckbox unplayed while I messed around with Turbo Depths for a while. Same win cons of 2 Mentor, 1 Jace, 1 Teferi, 3 Snap, 4 Factory despite Fox's suggestions :P

Matchups were Moon Stompy rd 1 and 2, Stoneblade rd 3. Basically got into position all 4 games with Red Stompy decks to just let Blood Moons resolve and win with Teferi activations. Mentor helps the aggro plan a lot when you can't wait forever. Deck is strong and fun. Drew 3 with Standstill 8? times, my favorite feeling ever.

Keep casting Standstill.

May 2015
    PDX

You running the same sideboard as me @ashent? Saw your maindeck list but didn't see anywhere you posted the board or how that's shifted with the bans.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

3 fluster
    2 surgical
    2 blue blast
    2 disenchant
    2 rip
    1 humility
    2 containment priest
    1 verdict

Hello, I just 3:1 in MKM trial in Prague with this list:

1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Myth Realized
    4 Standstill
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Island
    1 Karakas
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Plains
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Tundra
    2 Wasteland
    1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Ponder
    1 Council's Judgment
    3 Terminus

1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Damping Sphere
    1 Monastery Mentor
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Search for Azcanta
    1 Humility
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Disenchant
    1 Supreme Verdict

I defeated Lands, Eldrazi and White Stompy (Helm combo and Thalia + Lodgestone Golem). I lost only the first game with lands, but I feel I could have won.

The was pretty nice and Myth Realized was great and played around many cards. Humility was also a perfect SB card.

Can we get a little more elaboration on how Myth Realized "was great"? I'm honestly curious because the card always seemed to have potential in this deck from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Can we get a little more elaboration on how Myth Realized "was great"? I'm honestly curious because the card always seemed to have potential in this deck from my perspective.
    Personaly, the main thing is, that it is not a creature when it comes to the play. It sits down and waits - so you do not need to play around removal (except Abrupt Decay obviously). You just slam it and prepare for activation. If you think they have bolt or Punishing Fire, wait until it has 4 counters, if you think they have Swords then just wait till you have an answer. That is one of the main advantages. The second one is that it "combos" with the Standstill. You put it down the first turn, then Standstill and even if you do not play spells it grows. It can beat some big fellows like angler or goyf. It does not die to your (or opponen's) Terminus or other mass removal.

This is why I chose the card and it looks good so far.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

Myth Realized is fantastic when he's good, but also clogs up the decklist.

I've had positive results both with and without him, so I don't know what's right yet.

The main thing I'm thinking right now is that Myth Realized is less initial investment than casting a Mentor, and works through Standstill, AND dodges sweepers, AND dodges a lot of removal (but not all) until you activate him. Unfortunately though he doesn't leave behind monks when you respond to anything like even an Abrupt Decay, for example. Myth Realized as an 8/8 getting targeted with a Fatal Push is totally fine, that's great, and you probably already sussed out the Push anyway so you didn't activate it until you had a counter, so in that way he's very strong, but sometimes he eats a Decay or a enchantment removal early or something and you don't even get a little monk left behind.

Currently I am playing without him but I know I'll try again off and on in coming months. I sort of think it depends on what kind of removal the format has a lot of. Our list already makes targeted removal viable, unlike a lot of other UW control lists, simply because of Factory. We aren't going completely creatureless to negate these cards, so trying to do that is a little insane.. but dodging sweepers with Myth + Factories is very strong.

May 2015
    PDX

More post ban stats:

Had an 0-2 in a 3 rounder about a week back, no info on meta outside of my opponents.
    R1 vs ANT 1-2: remember them being able to go off through a T2 Standstill, no FoW. Game 2 they are getting pressured by Factory/CP (I cut Mentors for CP in this matchup simply for flash), have to Ad Naus from ~12 life, with response Surgical LED, they drop themselves to zero. Game 3 my mana colors are a little off, and one blue mana from double Counterspell against a Tutor line which began with a Defense Grid.
    R2 vs Aluren 0-2: Game 1 sculpted a hand that allowed Sylvan Library to resolve and only lost to Aluren/double FoW/2 creature combo (or ability to assemble combo) and they had it; don't think I change how I play this hand, letting them have Library vs my Standstill and save countermagic for the Aluren. Game 2 was just miscounting tempo/attacks allowed while keeping Aluren from resolving.

Tonight went 3-0. There were around 25 people playing which is abnormally high for a Thursday. There was 4x DnT, 2x RUG Delver, 2x Pox (one LoamPox), EsperStill, Aluren, Sneak and Show, Grixis Delver, UWx Blade, UWr miracles, and a lot of unknowns.
    R1 vs Grixis Delver (Bomat) 2-0. In both games Bomat puts on too little pressure and dies before being activated for value. Delvers and Gurmags are getting cast, but without any need to address Bomat, I have plenty of removal for them.
    R2 vs LoamPox 2-0. Game 1 we both mull to 6, FoW tags the turn 2 Smallpox into Mentor and game ends. Game 3 opponent gets stuck on mana then run into a few copies of Counterspell as I build to 5 mana and Teferi takes over.
    R3 vs DnT 2-1. All three games are mulls to 6 for me. Game 1 not enough time to stabilize with Terminus/Bstorm since I can't find white mana in time. Game 2 they keep 1 land Vial hand vs Disenchant/Wasteland. Game 3 I have plenty of white removal and keep Vial off the table, and game devolves into long drawn out big Thalia/Karakas recast it like 5 times against my white cards until Teferi eventually comes online and draws Mentor into the win.

post-ban record goes to 5-3 and 0-1 (vs CB). Haven't added the second Blessed Alliance to board yet but did cut Karn for a Canonist.

Nov 2016
    Kansas

Spoiler from C18:

Soul Snare
    W
    Enchantment
    W, Sacrifice Soul Snare: Exile target creature attacking you or a planeswalker you control.

Removal that gets under Standstill seems interesting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gibsonjunkie; 07-27-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Missed mana cost
    ╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~you are a beautiful strong tezz player~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~who don't need no tier 1 deck~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

May 2015
    PDX

@gibsonjunkie same mana issue as Myth Realized; either you open the game with Tundra (loss by Wasteland) or you accept that turn 3 is the first time you'd be able to play Counterspell. Directly competes with Myth Realized, and total cost of which means it's competing with Path and Blessed Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Spoiler from C18:

Soul Snare
    W
    Enchantment
    W, Sacrifice Soul Snare: Exile target creature attacking you or a planeswalker you control.

Where did you see this? It's not on mtgsalvation, are you sure it's confirmed?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Spoiler from C18:

Soul Snare
    W
    Enchantment

Its not really a new card. Soul Snare.

But I am not sure if it has been play tested with Landstill or not. Honestly I don't think its good. Why would you preemptively play this then Standstill? Why not just Swords to Plowshare/Wrath the board before playing Standstill? And if you're worried about Man-Lands, isn't that what Wasteland is there for (or side out Standstill postboard)
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

May 2015
    PDX

Finally got around to playing more with the deck, 4 rounder.
    -R1 vs DnT 1-0-1: Very long g1, opponent gets me down to 4 life before I stabilize with Terminus and a plan of killing Vials; once they have to start casting their threats into Standstills (2 equip on board doing nothing) it goes south for them. Game 2 went to time but opponent conceded, but there were some interesting plays like Flicker their Prelate to StP targeting Mentor, and next time they went to Flicker a Flicker I sent in C. Priest.
    R2 vs Grixis Bomat Delver 2-1*: at 1-1 with a few min left opponent concedes; counting this one in the draw bracket. Bomat Courier is not good, I don't know why they play it both pre- and post-board...even when it hits the clock is too anemic to care about.
    R3 vs RUG Delver 0-2: can't find the white cards game 1, and game 2 Winter Orb makes the game pretty funny but I lose patience and drop a Teferi and opponent has a Snare for RiP (Goyf). Interesting and fun games made possible by Stifle and Wastelands, the truest form of magic.
    R4 vs miracles 0-2.

Record to 6-4-1 and 0-2 vs CB. Probably coming up on the end of testing, the deck can easily run 55-75% vs the field; but with CB legal and contaminating around 10% of overall matches, it's not really worth investing time into focusing on speed of play.

Oct 2015
    Seoul, KR

Jody Keith's UWr Landstill list from the Legacy Premier League is gas. Lots of fun.

He's in UW but not running Terminus and is instead slamming maindeck Supreme Verdict and EE into the midgame, supported by Swords, then still has the Humility there he was using before, but no Jace AOT anymore.

The only part of this build that I really don't like is the lack of Wastelands.

Jun 2008
    Central NY

Hey dudes, I tested out Myth Realized for the first time yesterday at a local 5-rounder (20~ participants) and I managed to get a top 4 split.

This was my first tournament since the Top banning, so I was pretty rusty, the list needs some fine tuning, I slapped it together based on some things I wanted to try out (Myth, terminus, etc). Still, UW Landstill has been my pet deck since 2006-7~, and it felt good getting to jam it again.

Some general impressions:

I think I'm going to stick with Myth for a while, it was pretty solid against everything not named Flickerwisp. It's a nice change of pace having a more proactive threat that "combos" with your sweepers and helps generate Standstill advantage.

I am in love with the counter-magic package. It seemed to be just the right balance of early game interaction and late game protection. Recurring Pierce/Snare/CS with Snappy as needed is also great.

I think it needs a 4th maindeck sweeper, either Terminus #3 or Verdict #2, maybe EE or Humility instead. I'm not sure yet, and I'm not sure how to fit it in. Maybe Crucible can go, but it does save your bacon in a lot of cases.

The SB and SB planning needs work, that was cobbled together 5 minutes before the event. I do really like E. Tutor + Targets though. It can also grab SS or Myth in a pinch.

Lands (22)
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Scalding Tarn
    2 Arid Mesa
    3 Tundra
    3 Island
    2 Plains
    1 Karakas
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Wasteland

Draw (11)
    4 Standstill
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder

Counter (10)
    4 FoW
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare

Removal (8)
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Terminus
    1 Supreme Verdict
    1 Council's Judgment

Utility/Win (9)
    3 Myth Realized
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Jace, TMS
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Side (15)
    1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Relic of Progentius
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Energy Flux
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Humility
    2 Engineered Explosives
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Disenchant
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Negate

R1: Loss 0-2 - D&T
    G1 - I make two critical mistakes back to back (playing wrong land, returning wrong order on brainstorm) that resulted in me not being able to sweep his board w/Terminus on the critical turn and I die. Rough shaking off the rust.
    G2 - I have a 7 card hand of one land and no removal, but it does have FoW and Pithing needle, I decide to mull, but my 6-cards are not as spicy, and he has the T1 Vial, Ports/wastes, I don't get to play magic.

R2: Win 2-0 - Budget Goblins
    G1/G2: He makes some dudes, I kill them and draw a billion cards.

R3: Draw 1-1 - Grixis Control
    G1: He opens with back to back Hymn, but I have back to back Spell Pierce for the counter. He gets some dudes, I'm able to reset w/Terminus after committing Myth and follow up by getting Standstill online. From here there is a ton of back and forth, but I am able to eek out card advantage from SS & Jace. I think eventually I'm able to get there with Snaps/Factory and Myth attacks after burning through all four Standstills.
    G2: I manage an early advantage and make a Jace, but I make a mistake not +2ing him right away and a turn or two later he eats it to a bolt which let's him get back in the game. We get into turns and I get got by an EOT Bolt, Snapcaster Bolt, swing with weenies.

R4: Win 2-0 - D&T
    G1: I FoW his first SFM and follow up with a Standstill. He breaks it and still manages an early army with 3~ SFMs. I get taken low but eventually sweep it all away and start going to town with a Myth with Standstill protection. He gets down a Flickerwisp which resets the Myth counters, but I have more kill spells and Standstills and Myth eventually gets back up to 5/5 range and ends it.
    G2: I get into some early trouble, but I sided in E.E.'s, the Volc to get them to 3, Humility, and E. Tutor. EE shows up to wipe two dudes and an equipment. Then I'm able to Tutor for Humility which locks up the game. 2/2 Myth & Factories hold strong against 1/1s until Jace pops.

R5: Win 1-0-1 - BUG Delver
    G1: He has the Turn 1 Delver backed by some Stifle disruption for my fetches, it blind flips and starts beating. I snag a Goyf with Snare, but he commits a G. Angler and I get brutalized down to 1 life. I manage to stabilize with a Terminus, then Myth & Standstill. He has Abrupt decay for my Myth in response to the Standstill and we play Draw-Go for 4-5 turns while I don't see any factories. I build up a hand of counter magic + Jace and some Snaps. I decide it's time to try and win proactively as I don't want to be in a position where he breaks Standstill at my EOT and has a ton of threats for me to try and answer. I brainstorm at his EOT, break the standstill, causing him to discard, I enter my turn with 9 cards in hand to his 7. I drop Myth + Jace with counter back-up. He has tons of removal for my Myths and Factories, but I also have answers for all of his threats and follow-on standstills that he gets forced to break. We get into a zero threat game with both of us at 1 life, I eventually land a Snappy to seal the deal. G1 took probably 40 minutes.
    G2: He builds a quick board of double delver and nails another fetch with Stifle. I manage set up Terminus with a brainstorm and protect it with Spell Pierce to stabilize the game and follow it up with Standstill onto an empty board. We run out of time.

3-1-1 is good enough for 4th seed.

Semi-Finals: Win 2-0 - Mono-Black POX
    G1: I keep a hand with 4 lands, Brainstorm, FoW, and Swords. He opens turn 1 Thoughtsieze, I Brainstorm in response... into 3 more lands. Naturally I put my two spells on top and cause TS to whiff on all lands. The 7 land opener ends up being critical against POX as he goes on the land destruction warpath. I'm able to stay in it with all my lands + Standstill. I get there with Factory and Myth beats.
    G2: I am far more choked on lands, but I have Snare to stop a Sinkhole which lets me get Standstill online. After a few turns I get Jace online and protect it.

Quarters: Split

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hi all. I usually played mud, and still do. i also played rug threshold back in the day and can now again. Thats said, i also enjoy this deck archetype. I thought id post my list and see what more experienced players thought about some of my more non traditional additions. Here goes.

Deck: Legacy UBW Landstill.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:3
    3 Snapcaster Mage

Artifacts:8
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Chrome Mox
    2 Mox Diamond
    2 Crucible of Worlds

Sorceries:4
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instants:17
    2 Counterspell
    4 Daze
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Impulse
    1 Intuition
    4 Force of Will

Enchantments:3
    3 Standstill

Others:3
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

Lands:22
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Swamp
    1 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Celestial Purge
    1 Disenchant
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Mindbreak Trap
    1 Submerge
    1 Seal of Cleansing
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 The Abyss
    1 Narset Transcendent

I believe that the intuition mb could also be another liliana the last hope with fewer abrupt decays in the meta, and could see another edict sb as well with all the sneak and show.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Feb 2015
    Germany, Bamberg

Hello,

I took my Landstill deck to GP Prague last weekend, only to play Legacy-sideevents. The sideevents were always 3 rounds, but at 2-0 you could ID with your opponent and you get both the same value. So I played 6 of the sideevents over the weekend and had the following results:
    2-0-1 (id),
    2-0-1,
    2-0-1 (id),
    2-0-1 (id),
    2-1,
    2-0-1 (id)
    Leading to a total score of 12-1-1 (without counting the IDs. I even played two of them for fun and won both). The deck felt awesome, almost unbeatable. The only match I lost to Goblins was a game 2 in which I had Crucible resolved, Wasteland + Fetch available, cycled 3 Brainstorms over three rounds and didn't find an anwser for opponents Vial. He also missed landdrops and I could have wasted his lands, if he had no vial, so a Disenchant/Teferi/Judgement probably would have won the game, but it wasn't meant to be. Conceded with my last BS resolving and had 8 Lands, 1 Fow, 1 Daze and 1 Standstill in my hand and that all with Crucible in play. Game 3 I keept Tundra, Misty Rainforest, Swords to Plowshares, Disenchant, Supreme Verdict, Terminus and Councils Judgement on the play, dropped my Misty T1, he played a Lackey, I go to my turn, played Tundra, sworded the Lackey, he Wastelanded my Tundra, played a Vial and I don't manage to find a Land in 4 Turns, had to discard twice and wasn't able to handle the Aether Vial the entire game, being on the play with Disenchant in my hand.

I am not sure, if I would change anything on the list, it felt really good. Sometimes that many colorless sources are bad, sometimes they are great, so I don't know if cutting the 4th Factory for a 4th Island or going up to the 4th Wasteland is a good decision. MVPs on the tournament were:

1. Search for Azcanta: It was many times the best card in the deck. Filters draws, especially under Standstill, synergizes with Crucible and the Sunken Ruin wins many games alone. I asked myself a lot of times, in which way this card is balanced.
    2. Teferi, Hero of Dominaria: Both the +1 and the -3 abilites are great, generating card advantage, tempo and being an answer to almost every permanent you don't like is just insane and that is also combined with a great finisher. Even the possibility to -3 himself every turn and not letting you die to drawing from an empty library was relevant in one game.
    3. Vendilion Clique: This card makes improves exactly the matchups, where you are preboard behind. Having a good beater with flash and disrupting your opponent is something that is really important when facing ANT, Show and Tell decks and in every control-matchup.

So here is my list:

Lands (23)
    3 Tundra
    4 Mishras Factory
    3 Wasteland
    3 Island
    2 Plains
    4 Flooded Strand
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Arid Mesa

Creatures (3)
    3 Snapcaster Mage

Instants (17)
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Counterspell
    2 Daze
    1 Flusterstorm

Sorcerys (7)
    2 Ponder
    2 Terminus
    2 Supreme Verdict
    1 Council's Judgement

Other (10)
    4 Standstill
    2 Search for Azcanta
    1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Sideboard
    3 Vendilion Clique
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Disenchant
    2 Blessed Alliance
    1 Council's Judgement
    1 Supreme Verdict
    Last edited by Freundla; 09-04-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Jun 2008
    Central NY

@Freundla

Thank you for sharing your experience and your list!

The search + crucible combo seems really strong.

Can you explain a little bit about your decision to run Daze? Any reasoning for playing that over Spell Pierce or Spell Snare?

Setting yourself back a turn on land drops seems a higher price in Landstill than with most decks, as you almost always want to hit 4+ lands on time.

Thread Information