Page 52 of 279 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

Re: [DTB] UW(x) Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by gieli0 View Post
    This is my UWr landstill deck but as you can see I can realy use some tips.

main
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    2x Engineered Explosives
    1x Eternal Dragon
    4x Standstill
    2x Humility
    2x Oblivion Ring
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Counterspell
    2x Fact or Fiction
    4x Force of Will
    3x Spell Snare Instant
    4x Swords to Plowshares
    1x Academy Ruins
    1x Dust Bowl
    3x Flooded Strand
    3x Island
    4x Mishra’s Factory
    1x Mountain
    2x Plains
    2x Polluted Delta
    4x Tundra
    2x Volcanic Island
    2x Decree of Justice
    2x Wrath of God
    side
    4x Tormod’s Crypt
    3x Runed Halo
    3x Red Elemental Blast
    2x Echoing Truth
    3x Stifle Instant

I choose for the red splash to get my explosives on 3. Underground Sea's are also to expensive for me, I tried to stick to the old school UW landstill.

you might consider running 2-1 splits of both blasts. It will save you from pates, and as a cheap generalizes answer its effective. Also stifle/ tormods crypt need to be removed in favor of relic. Theres also no reason for 1 md mountain. Unless you randomly draw it your not really helping yourself at all.

Mar 2007
    RI

I'd agree with cutting the Mountain, probably for a Plateau (Allowing you access to a W/R source from Eternal Dragon and Flooded Strand). I'd cut a Polluted Delta for the 4th Flooded Strand as well, since there is no X/B lands you want to fetch, yet there are Basic Plains and ideally a Plateau that could offer more options. Otherwise your main deck is pretty close to what I'm using for UWb, only with 2 O Rings instead of 2 Vindicate, and your playing 1 E Dragon and 4th Counterspell in two spots that I have Tolaria West and a 3rd Engineered Explosives.

For the SB, I'd cut Tormod's Crypt, Stifle and Echoing Truth; for 3 Relics of Progenitus, 4 Meddling Mage, and 2 Firespout or Pyroclasm. I think the Relics work better at maintaining control of your opponents graveyard. Crypt can be devastating, but it's a 1 shot deal. An early Relic, especially if you are able to get a 2nd one going later, will usually lock graveyard strategies out. Assuming Stifle is boarded in for Combo matches, I'd personally rather have Meddling Mage. It pairs well with Runed Halo for giving you alot of threat density and usually will slow combo down digging for multiple answers that you can craft a strong hand to counter them, or sometimes just ride a Mage and Factory for a fast win, with Spell Snare and FoW providing back up. Pyroclasm seems like a good addition for agro matches, Goblins and such where you're otherwise sort of light on sweepers with only 2 Wrath of God.
    TPDMC

I have tested relic on the SB and i didnt feel confortable with it, i mean vs ichorid is a bit slow and vs threshold i dont really board it it, maybe im doing it wrong.

How do you SB agains:

Goblins
    Aggro loam
    threshold

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

I like relic better versus a wider range of decks. I used to play crypt when Ichorid was everywhere and now that I have relic I don't really fear it all too much. I can bring in meddling mage, runed halo, and relic against ichorid. Also, a single relic shrinks goyf and kills vore and gets rid of their engine/loam against loam. Reusable against survival, if you choose to bring in gy hate. Does better things against the thresh match because of being reusable. Plus it cantrips. Landstill does love drawing cards. All around, I like it more than crypt.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

@The UWr list: so you weaken your manabase for REB??? Why don't you try: Gainsay, Disrupt, Divert etc. and keep your manabase super tight otherwise get some more red in there to really use the color.

To the decklist above ^^

Oblivion ring is not a good choice when running EEs IMO. I often lose crucible to an EE, in your deck you'd lose crucible and your own O-ring. Ouch! If you feel you need the permanent removal, then get seas and run vindicate. Or drop 2 O-Ring for 1 wrath, and another EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehallek View Post
    A must answer card that is difficult to answer with current cards around.
    exactly

And unlike most Plainswalkers, both her abilities ADD loyalty. So the ultimate is always on the horizon. Elspeth is not a "win more" car at all.

It is more like a "Hey, I was losing, and now this game is easy because of one card" card.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by Viscosity View Post
    exactly

And unlike most Plainswalkers, both her abilities ADD loyalty. So the ultimate is always on the horizon. Elspeth is not a "win more" car at all.

It is more like a "Hey, I was losing, and now this game is easy because of one card" card.
    It's not win-more, but it's a card that prevents you from losing. It can't help you much from recovering from a losing position, but it helps you win topdeck wars and helps make trouble match-ups like Threshold easier, especially post-board.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Nov 2007
    Germany

How is threshhold a 'trouble-matchup' for Landstill? Don't we run more removal than they run threats? At least with UW(b) Landstill I don't remember loosing to Thresh

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by Serbitar View Post
    How is threshhold a 'trouble-matchup' for Landstill? Don't we run more removal than they run threats? At least with UW(b) Landstill I don't remember loosing to Thresh
    Then you've obviously never played post-board against Gaddock Teeg.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

Also, some thresh builds run back to basics. Game 1 isn't that bad. They may sneak a game 1 win in every once in a while but it's the games 2 and 3 that can be brutal. Teeg + B2B can make a grown man wheep openly. True Story.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by rockout View Post
    Also, some thresh builds run back to basics. Game 1 isn't that bad. They may sneak a game 1 win in every once in a while but it's the games 2 and 3 that can be brutal. Teeg + B2B can make a grown man wheep openly. True Story.
    And they board in Rhox War Monks and Jotun Grunts. Fun, isn't it?

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus-God View Post
    And they board in Rhox War Monks and Jotun Grunts. Fun, isn't it?
    Careful, the tears are forming. I think it's mainly the white splash citrus-god and I are commenting on and maybe 4C with teeg sb. I guess any thresh deck could run B2B, but mainly the white splash is the hardest match up of the 3 different color splash thresh decks.

Edit: 300th post nice

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by rockout View Post
    Careful, the tears are forming. I think it's mainly the white splash citrus-god and I are commenting on and maybe 4C with teeg sb. I guess any thresh deck could run B2B, but mainly the white splash is the hardest match up of the 3 different color splash thresh decks.

Edit: 300th post nice
    5c Thresh isn't fun either; they board in Teegs, REB and Rhox War Monks.

I've tested against 4c Thresh as well; Confidant is a bitch. Let that thing resolve on Turn 2, and the thing friggin' makes you lose that game. Spending a WoG on it doesn't help. Although this doesn't matter Game 1, it's quite deadly-post-board because of the presence of Grip.

Versus thresh I often board in 2 random extirpates for their grips etc. and it works very well for me.
    It is really very easy to hate their grips. Sure teeg can be a bitch, but I see the tempo thresh matchup (ugb, ugr) more difficult than the slow ugw thresh with balance for example.
    Well, B2Basics can also be difficult, but I won't fear their grips.^^

Mar 2006
    St. Paul, MN

This is the list i will be running tomorrow. At the monster den's 1.5 (MN).

1 Eternal Dragon
    2 Decree of Justice

2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

4 Brainstorm
    2 Cunning Wish
    2 Fact or Fiction
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Swords to Plowshares

2 Wrath of God

2 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Engineered Explosives

3 Standstill
    2 Back to Basics
    2 Humility

4 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Tundra
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    6 Island
    2 Plains

Sideboard
    3 Dismantling Blow
    1 Pulse of the Fields
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    4 Meddling Mage
    3 Tormad's Crypt
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Swords to Plowshares

I only run 3 Standstill due to the fact that i keep siding them out. Fact or Fiction felt like a better draw spell most of the time. The back to basics has never hurt me, as I am in control of when it goes down. And I can win throw Elspeth, Decree or Dragon.

I will give you a tourney report later tomorrow night or friday. Tell me what you think.

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by i_need_the_extra_turns View Post
    Versus thresh I often board in 2 random extirpates for their grips etc. and it works very well for me.
    It is really very easy to hate their grips. Sure teeg can be a bitch, but I see the tempo thresh matchup (ugb, ugr) more difficult than the slow ugw thresh with balance for example.
    Well, B2Basics can also be difficult, but I won't fear their grips.^^
    I often use leave Cunning Wishes in the Sideboard to combat the fear known as Krosan Grip. As much as I would love to resolve a Humility, sometimes they board in more threats than usual. Having a resolved Runed Halo isn't going to swing the match around. You could dig for a Cunning Wish to find another Humility via ETutor, but that means keeping Counterbalance and Teegs off the board. Personally, I'd say the best plan is to board in 3 Krosan Grips, 2 Chainer's Edict and a 3rd FoF in place of 2 Humilities, 3 Cunning Wish and 1 Brainstorm. My plan here is to keep the board clean of threats (War Monks, Enforcers, Mongeese and Goyfs) and Protection and card equity (Teegs, SDT, Counterbalance), meanwhile, I make a ridiculous amount of land drops and start chaining card advantage via FoF and Standstills. When I hit 9 lands, I will start hardcasting DoJs without mercy (assuming Goyfs or Enforcers aren't in play).

I personally believe that Tempo Thresh is my easiest match-up, due to their light threat density. I also run only 4 fetchlands. Doesn't matter much to me. Also, Stifling Eternal Dragons is a terrible play on their part; we should know how a small mistake like that can make me win this match up. This is also a match-up where I'm more amp to board in Extirpates against, mainly because their protection for their threats is awful. Extirpate also removes Wastelands, which is vital to their disruption plan.

@e-Hawk: Dude, is this Eric Hawkins? What's up, it's Melvin? You should cut a Dismantling Blow in the SB for a Return to Dust. This will for sure help your Stax MU. I think you should cut both your Polluted Deltas; being susceptible to Stifle sucks. Run another Basic Plains and another Basic Island to help with B2B and LD. Also, find room in your Sideboard for another Fact or Fiction, ETutor (To find CoW, B2B, and Humility) and another B2B. Those cards will go a long way.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

@ehawk: What kind of meta are you in where you need 3 dismantling blows? The norm in a cunning wish side board is 1. 3/3 split of standstill and swords should be 4 and 4. I can understand the drop of 1 standstill for your 2nd wish/fof but how can you justify 3 swords and 1 in the board? You have to pay 3 to find it and 1 to cast it instead of a simple 1 mana remove a threat. It seems really awkward to me. Hopefully it will work out for you. I will be waiting for the tournament report.

Mar 2007
    RI

Yea in the UW list I would cut B2B #2 and Crucible #2 for Standstill #4 and Swords #4. In places of the Swords on the board I'd add an Enlightened Tutor to give the option of wishing to pull up a silver bullet Enchantment.
    TPDMC

Banned

Feb 2008
    SF CA USA

Quote Originally Posted by Frid View Post
    I have tested relic on the SB and i didnt feel confortable with it, i mean vs ichorid is a bit slow and vs threshold i dont really board it it, maybe im doing it wrong.

How do you SB agains:

Goblins
    Aggro loam
    threshold
    Relic is the best mass grave removal in a long time. I threw in a pair in my SB for the heck of dealing with grave oriented decks. In addition to that, it gives me a card in return after blowing up everything.

Then if I don't need to pull the trigger immediately, the tap ability helps in bleeding that players grave. Although you won't be able to pick the card with it, it does lessen the amounts.

If one can't afford Crypt, then the Relic is the next best thing that is available to boot around.

Against Goblins, it only works if they are running the Bidding tactic against you, other wise i wouldn't board it in at all.

Against the other two decks, it can burn the grave without a darn (just because most modern loam decks run stuff in the SB that prevent cards from targeting the grave).

All in all, i see you are using it wrong.

Thread Information