Page 7 of 279 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Re: [DTB] UW(x) Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by NQN View Post
    Sounds good...but who the fuck plays Disenchant?
    Konsultant used too... he played 2 copies of them in fact...
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Just picture yourself using Oblivion Stone to survive against Goblins.
    On the tournaments i play (dülmen in germany) are only 2-3 Goblins Deck from 60-70, i think the most played decks is NGQ. So i think about adding Stones. Do you think Wrath or Stone in my meta

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaSava View Post
    Do you think Wrath or Stone in my meta
    If the NQG lists play Pithing Needle, Krosan Grip, Counterbalance or Stifle, Oblivion Stone is strictly inferior to Wrath of God.
    Also, there's a higher probability of Oblivion Stone getting hit by Counterbalance... just don't play it.
    The only advantage of Oblivion Stone over Wrath of God is the Dragon Stompy matchup which isn't even all that bad if you play the 6-Basics version with a Blue Elemental Blast in the Wishboard and the occasional Affinity/Enchantress which no-one plays (and even in the Affinity matchup, Stone might be too slow) - in all other matchups Wrath of God is better as it is faster and less vulnerable. Also, there are not enough Artefacts and Enchantments around in decks not having them as a main engine/way to victory (read: Affinity, Enchantress and the like) and you care of even less of these Artefacts/Enchantments making make the additional versatility of Stone not worth it over Wrath especially if you can also always handle the random problematic Artefact/Enchantment via Engineered Explosives or Cunning Wish for Return to Dust.

Also, don't copy any other of Patrick Richter's techs... most of them are rather horrible (I still don't know how that guy manages to top8 like every Iserlohn).
    Team SPOD - ...land of the brave...

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by Der_imaginäre_Freund View Post
    Also, don't copy any other of Patrick Richter's techs... most of them are rather horrible (I still don't know how that guy manages to top8 like every Iserlohn).
    He has got Germany's highest rating. So he's also bribing some opponents (he offers them all of his prize boosters if they concede for him for example, to retain his rating).

Iserlohn might have big events, but even nowadays the Top8 lists are random, random and... random. Except when one of the ayB-guys T8, their lists are always quite solid.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Pandora
    Jul 2007
    North Syracuse

Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    Konsultant used too... he played 2 copies of them in fact...
    Still do actually. I've been toying with my Runed Halo version and Krosan Grip seems to be just the boost the deck needs. I'm not certain if it's better than Extirpate though.

I have made mention to posting my project list after the last event I went to but I lost 7-games [3 entire rounds] to mana screw. The card gods were not on my side that day, I will wait until the deck either wins or loses on it's own. I am running the exact same mana count as I have been for years and I only lost one game to Wasteland, I really just kicked my own ass.
    Team Pandora

Team Disqualified Poster

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by konsultant View Post
    Still do actually. I've been toying with my Runed Halo version and Krosan Grip seems to be just the boost the deck needs. I'm not certain if it's better than Extirpate though.
    Would you play Krosan Grips over Disenchants, or do you play a copy over Return to Dust?

I have made mention to posting my project list after the last event I went to but I lost 7-games [3 entire rounds] to mana screw. The card gods were not on my side that day, I will wait until the deck either wins or loses on it's own. I am running the exact same mana count as I have been for years and I only lost one game to Wasteland, I really just kicked my own ass.
    I look forward to it to seeing the new list.

Pandora
    Jul 2007
    North Syracuse

I look forward to it to seeing the new list.
    Well I got a touch discouraged after the massacre I recieved at the last Hadley event but I have managed to win the last 3 local events with some revisions. The build has gone in an unexpected direction but has given me good results. After the Hadley event this month I'll post up my deck list. I am not however running Cunning Wish and as much as love playing that card the version I have built now is greatly out-performing my wish based version.

If I was to ever run Wish again I would run 1 Return to Dust and if I was using Green I would play 2 Grips that could be Boarded in. I wasn't reliably running Green Mana before with the 1 Trop and 1 Savannah so I just played 2 Disenchants.
    Team Pandora

Team Disqualified Poster

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by konsultant View Post
    Well I got a touch discouraged after the massacre I recieved at the last Hadley event but I have managed to win the last 3 local events with some revisions. The build has gone in an unexpected direction but has given me good results. After the Hadley event this month I'll post up my deck list. I am not however running Cunning Wish and as much as love playing that card the version I have built now is greatly out-performing my wish based version.
    Good luck at Hadley.

If I was to ever run Wish again I would run 1 Return to Dust and if I was using Green I would play 2 Grips that could be Boarded in. I wasn't reliably running Green Mana before with the 1 Trop and 1 Savannah so I just played 2 Disenchants.
    So you'd run Grips in the SB which would be boarded in if you were running a build similar to the Hybrid. But with the CWish version, you would run Return to Dust and 2 Disenchants in the SB? If you were to play the CWish build, what would your SB look like atm?

How looks your boarding plan with the UWb Cunning LS against
    - Deaguy
    - Survial
    - Breakfast
    - different kinds of Loam-Decks?

May 2005
    Thursday...

It depends on what your Sideboard looks like. I still run Spell Snares in mine and such. If you want my build with boarding here's what I tend to do:

// Mana 25
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Wasteland
    1 Tolaria West
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Tundra
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Plains
    2 Island

2 Eternal Dragon

// Spells 36
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    2 Fact or Fiction
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Engineered Explosives
    3 Wrath of God
    2 Humility
    3 Decree of Justice

// Sideboard 15
    1 Return to Dust
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Fact or Fiction
    1 Enlighten Tutor
    1 Slaughter Pact
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Extirpate
    3 Runed Halo
    3 Spell Snare

Deadguy Ale:

-3 Wrath of God
    -1 DoJ
    -2 Fact or Fiction
    -3 Cunning Wish

+3 Spell Snare
    +3 Extirpate
    +1 Crucible of Worlds
    +1 Enlighten Tutor
    +1 Runed Halo

Breakfast:

-3 Cunning Wish
    -2 Fact or Fiction
    -3 Wrath of God
    -1 Counterspell
    -1 Decree of Justice

+3 Spell Snare
    +3 Extirpate
    +3 Runed Halo
    +1 Enlighten Tutor

Aggro-Loam:

-3 Cunning Wish
    -3 Wrath of God
    -2 Fact or Fiction

+3 Runed Halo
    +3 Extirpate
    +1 Enlighten Tutor
    +1 Crucible of Worlds
    Last edited by Bardo; 06-12-2008 at 08:48 PM.

It depends on what your Sideboard looks like. I still run Spell Snares in mine and such. If you want my build with boarding here's what I tend to do:

// Mana 25
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Wasteland
    1 Tolaria West
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Tundra
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    3 Plains
    3 Island

2 Eternal Dragon

// Spells 36
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    2 Fact or Fiction
    4 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    3 Engineered Explosives
    3 Wrath of God
    2 Humility
    3 Decree of Justice

// Sideboard 15
    1 Return to Dust
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Fact or Fiction
    1 Enlighten Tutor
    1 Slaughter Pact
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    3 Extirpate
    3 Runed Halo
    3 Spell Snare

Deadguy Ale:

-3 Wrath of God
    -1 DoJ
    -2 Fact or Fiction
    -3 Cunning Wish

+3 Spell Snare
    +3 Extirpate
    +1 Crucible of Worlds
    +1 Enlighten Tutor
    +1 Runed Halo

Breakfast:

-3 Cunning Wish
    -2 Fact or Fiction
    -3 Wrath of God
    -1 Counterspell
    -1 Decree of Justice

+3 Spell Snare
    +3 Extirpate
    +3 Runed Halo
    +1 Enlighten Tutor

Aggro-Loam:

-3 Cunning Wish
    -3 Wrath of God
    -2 Fact or Fiction

+3 Runed Halo
    +3 Extirpate
    +1 Enlighten Tutor
    +1 Crucible of Worlds
    I really like your list anti-american.

Draw Engine:

Your draw engine is well-rounded because pairing fact or fictions with cunning wish gives you more advantage compared to just running either one independantly. You also don't really run out of gas either and FoF can just supplement cunning wish really well. Considering both C. wish and FoF are huge CA enablers in the late game.

Countermagic:

I like your countermagic configuration especially postboard. Running 4 CS, 4 Fow, and 3 SS in the board covers huge amount of ground in just about any matchup. Also since you run a ton of removal they tend to sum up your countermagic configuration nicely.

May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    Cheat?
    lol.... the Plains and the Island were supposed to be a Savannah and Tropical Island. If you guys feel that there's too much Dragon Stompy in your meta, replace the Grips with Dismantling Blow if you feel that running a third Plains and Island is better suited for your meta.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

I knew that there was a discrepancy some where along the line....

Anyways, I really haven't gotten a chance to test the 6 basic version w/ 3 mishra's and 3 DoJs... I have been busy with other projects... I will test it, although I always liked the other version, and didn't ever have any mana/winning issues with it... the 2island/3plains/4mishras/2decrees...

I haven't had issues with it, although I do agree that decree is the quicker and more efficient kill-con.

I just think mishra gets weaker the less of them you run... I could be wrong.

I will test it soon however!

Hi,
    i reply my Questions:
    How looks your boarding plan with the UWb Cunning LS (with Imaginärer Freunds List) against
    - Deaguy
    - Survial
    - Breakfast
    - different kinds of Loam-Decks?

It´s just more individual party in your head.
    Apr 2007
    Germany

lol? Exactly the same question you asked before?
    The actual list from Clemens is nearly the same. The only difference is M.Mage and Snare. I bet you are intelligent enough to figure out wether snare or mage is better against any deck.

They're Fact of Fictions, one Eternal Dragon more than in Clemens List, so i'm not sure if the boarding plan is the same.

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

They're Fact of Fictions, one Eternal Dragon more than in Clemens List, so i'm not sure if the boarding plan is the same.
    My list is currently heavily fluctuating so that I haven't made up my mind about any boarding plans concerning it yet.
    I assume for the following that you're using the 24 lands (3 Factory) + 3 DoJ version.
    Also, feel free to point out any inconsistencies in the boarding strategies or any possible improvements.

Boarding Strategies?
    Against Deadguy Ale

-1 Decree of Justice
    -3 Cunning Wish
    +3 Runed Halo
    +1 Enlightened Tutor

Decree gets boarded out because if your opponent is doing his job well, he should deny you of lands making DoJ rather clunky.
    Cunning Wish gets the axe because there's just not a lot of good stuff to get: Slaughter Pact doesn't kill their biggest threats [Dark Confidant, Tombstalker] and the other cards are rather mediocre too.

Survival

This is very vague as there is nothing like a definitive Survival list. You have to adapt your boarding strategy to whatever variant you're facing (for instance you won't board the same against the more Rockish Survival variants than against the more midrange variants).
    Following is just a general boarding strategy that can be used for most of the variants.

-1 Crucible of Worlds
    -1 Eternal Dragon
    -2 Decree of Justice
    -1 Wrath of God
    +3 Runed Halo
    +2 Extirpate

Your gameplan here really is resolving and protecting a Humility and nothing else. Also, get rid of Genesis and Cabal Therapy (if they play it) as quickly as possible - those are the prime targets for your Extirpates, those and Krosan Grip if they play it. If you happen to face a red splashed variant, Burning Wish (after countering one) is also a good target for Extirpate as Wish usually is their only out to Humility.

Breakfast

-3 Wrath of God
    -1 Crucible of Worlds
    -1 Eternal Dragon
    -2 Decree of Justice
    -1 Counterspell
    -1 Standstill
    +4 Meddling Mage
    +2 Extirpate
    +3 Runed Halo

Meddling Mage will name Dread Return most of the time.

Loam-Decks

Again, this is a very vague description as there are huge differences amongst the Loam lists.

1) Against Aggro Loam:

-3 Wrath of God
    -1 Standstill
    -1 Counterspell
    -3 Cunning Wish
    -1 Decree of Justice
    -1 Eternal Dragon
    -1 Crucible of Worlds

+4 Meddling Mage
    +3 Extirpate
    +3 Runed Halo
    +1 Blue Elemental Blast

Wrath of God gets replaced by Runed Halo which does exactly the same thing most of the time as they can't afford to overextend into the Wrath of Gods you might have and because they actually only need to have one creature on the table in order to win so that there's even less incentive for them to play more.
    Cunning Wish comes out because its too slow.
    Decree of Justice is awesome at stalling Tarmogoyfs and Crushers but sadly they also have big, fat, trampling dorks which DoJ does nothing at stopping so that you can board one out.
    Crucible gets boarded out because Mage is better against Devastating Dreams as even with CoW on the table, they can still use Dreams as a tempo card to swing in for the win while you're trying to rebuild your manabase from your graveyard.
    The lone Counterspell getting boarded out might look random but it isn't as you're moving your sideboard Blue Elemental Blast to the main which acts the same function as their prime threats are red (Dreams, Crusher, Wish).

Meddling Mage comes in because he truly is Mr. Awesome in this matchup due to his flexibility: he can stop the Loam engine if you don't have Extirpate, he can stop their best chance at winning the game out of nowhere by chanting Devastating Dreams and in the lategame he can even prevent them from winning by naming some wincondition which is rather effective as they don't have many (10-12) and especially not many different ones.

2) Against 43Lands:

-3 Wrath of God
    -2 Humility
    -4 Standstill
    +4 Meddling Mage
    +3 Runed Halo
    +2 Extirpate

Coincidentally, this is also the boarding plan for the Landstill mirror.

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Are you guys really sure Runed Halo is a sideboard card? Why? Just because the wording is similar to Ivory Mask and Meddling Mage which are sideboard cards doesn't mean it also has to be. It's effectively creature removal in many/most cases. We play creature removal maindeck.
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Illissius View Post
    Are you guys really sure Runed Halo is a sideboard card?
    I'd love to play Runed Halo main, especially since close to no-one has access to enchantment removal preboard turning it into a spot removal + Extirpate which is pretty strong, especially against all of the aggro control decks running around.
    On the other hand, you already play quite a lot of removal main (so that you don't want to cut further on the non-removal package) and all (!) of them are better than Runed Halo - Engineered Explosives because of also being able to destroy artefacts and enchantments, Swords to Plowshares because of the cost and because it can actually get rid of the creature which is important against utility creatures like Dark Confidant or Meddling Mage, Wrath of God because it creates card advantage and handles multiple creatures which is especially important in your aggro matchups (Goblins & co.).
    The easiest cut would be Wrath of God but you actually really need that condition-less sweeper in many matchups because otherwise, doing only 1 for 1 trades, you're eventually going to be overwhelmed by creatures.
    Also, the matchups where Runed Halo really shines (aggro control) are rather good already so that I think that it best stays as an anti-combo card in the sideboard, with the little add-in of also being able to be boarded in when you have some mediocre cards in the main and normally nothing to board in (which happens quite a lot against random aggro/aggro control).

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Clemens "Der_imaginäre_Freund" Wolff and I played UWb Cunning Landstill at our monthly Event in hassloch and be both Top8ed, me with a 5-1 record an he with 4-1-1.

I lost against Christian Schäfer's Lands.dec-Variant (something like Eternal Garden) but annihilated the rest of the field. Clemens lost against BG Rock SOMEHOW and also SOMEHOW couldn't manage to win against UGW Threshold, ending up with a draw. O.o

Anyways, this is the liste we both played:

// Lands
    4 [ON] Flooded Strand
    3 [ON] Polluted Delta
    4 [A] Tundra
    1 [A] Underground Sea
    1 [A] Scrubland
    3 [PT] Plains (1)
    3 [PT] Island (1)
    1 [FUT] Tolaria West
    1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
    4 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (3)

// Creatures
    1 [SC] Eternal Dragon

// Spells
    4 [MM] Brainstorm
    4 [OD] Standstill
    2 [JU] Cunning Wish
    2 [IN] Fact or Fiction
    4 [A] Counterspell
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    4 [IA] Swords to Plowshares
    3 [PT] Wrath of God
    2 [TE] Humility
    3 [FD] Engineered Explosives
    2 [SC] Decree of Justice

// Sideboard
    SB: 4 [PS] Meddling Mage
    SB: 3 [SHM] Runed Halo
    SB: 3 [PLC] Extirpate
    SB: 1 [A] Blue Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 [FUT] Slaughter Pact
    SB: 1 [DS] Pulse of the Fields
    SB: 1 [MI] Enlightened Tutor
    SB: 1 [TSP] Return to Dust

Clemens will write a "Team SPOD's performance @ Hassloch" again, I think I will simply add my own impressions.

But my matchups were:

1. Oliver Salten with Geddon Stax 2-0 Win; Ret2Dust is BROKEN SHIT, as well as Meddling Mage naming "Armageddon", hihi.

2. Patric Hiness with Mono Red Painter "Facegrinder" 2-0 Win; his deck is quite inconsistent, it always makes 1 to 1 trades and generates 0,00 CA. he runs out of gas while i still generate Ca via Standstill and fact. I am also able to handle every single Painter he plays though he has got 8 Red Blasts and 2 Active Volcano MD.

3. Christian Schäfer with "Perfect Loam" 2-0 Loss; His deck is quite similar to Lands.dec. Additionally, he's developing it for a year or so, he did play it well. Worst matchup in the room. Whatever, 5-1 is still possible!

4. Richard Lessmann with UGW Thresh 2-0; he says he will concede because he can't win with Thresh. We do price split. I won the fungame 2-0 afterwards.

5. Sebastian Page with Dragonstompy 2-1 Win; g1 I forgot to fetch in response to Magus because he distracted me, I can't explain it. That's why it was "just" a 2-1 win and not 2-0. Oo

6. Fabian Moyschewitz with Baseruption 2-1 Win. G1 he manages to race me, but the other 2 games I have the usual standard-solid draw and he has got manaflood. g2 i boarded Runed Halos, but g3 I switched to the old Extirpate-Plan again since he only runs 12 critters: 4 MM, 4 Confidant and 4 Goyf. I always sweeped him with WoG and Explosives.

And so I ended 5-1, taking the 2nd place after Manuel "derheiler" Heiler, who won the event FOR THE THIRD FUCKING TIME IN A ROW. I mean, he sucks! And his deck also sucks! And... everyone who lost against him sucks! But it's OK since he is also Team SPOD.
    Only Harald "Locutus" Herrlich failed hard, performing 3-2-1 with Aggroloam. So 3 out of 4 persons of Team SPOD Top8ed.
    Last edited by Adan; 06-15-2008 at 05:16 PM.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Thread Information