Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2129

Thread: [Deck] UBGx Landstill

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: [Deck] UBGx Landstill

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But why do you need Stage Depths? You could easily run BUG Stage Depths, just not sure if you need to.
    This, the next problem is, how you gonna assemble the DD/Stage combo? Cus that would require some kind of tutor. Even in a grindy MU, chances are low your actually gonna pull off a DD/Stage. The real question is how do you want your games to look like? Dropping all the cuteness and go for BUG Depths. BUG Landstill is a solid deck, it really gained some with Fatal Push, i always felt that besides Decay and Deluge the deck was missing one mana (spot) removal. Push is just what was missing. Deed is there to, but often very slow and to late. Running one Life from the Loam can be very solid, pulling you thru the grind recurring factories, or sometimes force a waste+loam lock.

I have been on Intuition + Life from the Loam a couple of years back. Tried it in several shells, including BUG Landstill, UBg Tezzeret, BUG NicFit and BUG Midrange. Conclusion was that it was really slow and rather soft to gravehate. But if your going to go with something like this:

Intuition: Loam + DD/Stage
    Intuition: Loam + Wasteland + ?
    Intuition: Loam + Academy Ruins + EE or something
    Intuition: Loam + Volrath's Stronghold + creature

Looping Goys or DRS isn't that spectacular, i'd rather navigate Baleful Strix, Vendilion Clique or even stuff like Reclamation Sage or Eternal Witness. While recurring creatures with Stronghold seems good, it does replace your natural draw, which at most points is a pitfall. There are off course situations where keeping pressure with Goyf is strong, but you also would need to be able to turn a negative board-state. Baleful Strix probably is the better recursion target.

I think another good option is to just play a one-off Volrath's Stronghold, Life from the Loam and Creeping Tar Pit coupled with some Wasteland in a BUG midrage/shardless shell.

DD/Stage is only worth it if you build around it. Aggro Loam, for example, has KotR to tutor up the combo. The DD/Stage fits more naturally in the deck. But even then, a lot of people stay away from DD/Stage in Aggro Loam. DD itself is a dead card, while Thespian's Stage itself provides some utility making up for it a bit. Lot of times, you'd have an active KotR in play, a window to snipe Marit Lage, but one of the pieces is in the yard...
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_D View Post
    Is anyone still working on the UB build?
    5-0 MTGO deck from today:

// Planeswalker (3)
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// Creature (4)
    4 Snapcaster Mage

// Sorcery (6)
    1 Innocent Blood
    1 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

// Instant (18)
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce

// Artifact (1)
    1 Crucible of Worlds

// Enchantment (4)
    4 Standstill

// Land (24)
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Wasteland

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 2 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 3 Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 Vendilion Clique

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

^^ that list looks super spicy. I like how focused it is. With Miracles leaving the format, Decay is no longer as necessary. So cutting green entirely makes a lot of sense. I'm gonna try and put that thing together and give it a run.

I wish the pilot posted on here so we could pick their brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Same guy as above the next day placed 4th in the Premier tournament with some tweaks:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ier-2017-05-14

3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Tombstalker

2 Innocent Blood
    2 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will

4 Standstill

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Wasteland

1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Invasive Surgery
    1 Set Adrift
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Vendilion Clique

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Looks like Aaron Kasprzak has moved from Miracles to U/B Landstill (sorry for posting in the UBGx thread again but this seems like the best place). 5th place in today's 147-player Louisville SCG Classic:

// Creature (4)
    4 Snapcaster Mage

// Planeswalker (2)
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

// Land (24)
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Wasteland

// Instant (20)
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare

// Sorcery (5)
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

// Enchantment (4)
    4 Standstill

// Artifact (1)
    1 Engineered Explosives

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Crucible Of Worlds
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 2 Invasive Surgery
    SB: 1 Set Adrift
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge

xtuffx

Dec 2008

Scott = osmanozguney ? I remember when Jace was still Standard legal osmanozguney brought back the Pernicious Deed Landstill deck. I played that deck for more than a year. Loved that deck.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by HAVE HEART View Post
    Scott = osmanozguney ? I remember when Jace was still Standard legal osmanozguney brought back the Pernicious Deed Landstill deck. I played that deck for more than a year. Loved that deck.
    Nope, I just saw the list +1 to the Deed love though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Looks like Aaron Kasprzak has moved from Miracles to U/B Landstill (sorry for posting in the UBGx thread again but this seems like the best place). 5th place in today's 147-player Louisville SCG Classic:

// Creature (4)
    4 Snapcaster Mage

// Planeswalker (2)

// Land (24)
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Wasteland

// Instant (20)
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare

// Sorcery (5)
    1 Innocent Blood
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

// Enchantment (4)
    4 Standstill

// Artifact (1)
    1 Engineered Explosives

// Sideboard
    SB: 1 Crucible Of Worlds
    SB: 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Hydroblast
    SB: 2 Invasive Surgery
    SB: 1 Set Adrift
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    I actually finished in the top 4 ultimately losing to Kennan Haas - scg just reported it wrong. Match ups were:
    R1: 2-1 vs Eldrazi
    R2: 2-0 vs Elves
    R3: 2-0 vs Elves
    R4: 1-2 vs BUG Delver
    R5: 2-0 vs UB Reanimator
    R6: 2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    R7: 2-1 vs Jarvis on Lands
    R8: ID
    Qf: 2-0 vs Nate Barton on Grixis Delver
    SF: 0-2 vs Kennan Haas

I played the same list in the team classic with teammates Jarvis yu and Andrew Shrout - we were featured on r4 although none of my games were covered. (Yes they had the names fucked up on coverage too). List is pretty good imo if you're comfortable playing landstill although I'd probably go with 3 pushes and 2 bloods. You don't need more than 2 deluges imo and ensnaring bridge is unnecessary unless you expect a lot of Eldrazi
    "Take your time."

Legacy: UWR Miracles
    Vintage: UW Landstill

What about lack of ponders? Is it enough of library manipulation with just 4 Brainstorms / Snapcasters?

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this type of deck but anyways... I've been tinkering with an Esper Landstill deck lately and this is what I've got. What do y'all think? I haven't made a sideboard yet, I'm just trying to get a solid mainboard down.

Lands - 26
    1 Academy Ruins
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Scrubland
    1 Island
    1 Plains
    4 Wasteland

Spells - 21
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Innocent Blood
    2 Counterspell
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Vindicate

Enchantments - 4
    4 Standstill

Planeswalkers - 3

Artifacts - 4
    2 Thopter Foundry
    1 Sword of the Meek
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Creatures - 3
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Vendillion Clique
    "The enemy is getting too close! Quick! Inflate the toad!"

Jun 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden

There exists an UWx Landstill deck i believe! :)

May 2015
    PDX

@MrFrowny_ 26 lands seems a bit over the top. Snapcasters probably need to be set to a 4x. Black and white seem to be doing the the same thing, i.e. Deluge could be a Verdict, Innocent Blood/Diabolic Edict could just as easily be Blessed Alliance (gain points on burn as a bonus). Without discard the only unique effect of color #3 seems to come from Vindicate, but even that is a 1x. As we look at the removal suite, you are missing instant speed edict effects so you might be losing percentage points vs Dark Depths, Vial (especially if it is dumping say Mother of Runes into play), and the flash keyword. There is also the loss of SCM functionality on opponent's turns when on increased sorcery speed spells.

Thoper/Sword seems a bit egregious and pretty painful to even get online. Even if you found both pieces of the combo, what exactly are you going to do if they Decay the Sword while you're tapped out? Animate a Factory and stone rain yourself? This is three slots on a 2-card combo you have to naturally draw, and either side of that combo is worthless on their own. It's more suspect when white can easily recapture the otherwise lost life-gain angle. Continuing on this topic, Academy Ruins in a deck with 4 artifacts?

If we can assume white is there b/c StP is more reliable than Push, and let's also throw in Karakas in place of Academy Ruins, what exactly are you trying to get by using black?

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Here are 2 lists that I had brewed up merging Depths with Landstill:
    1. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubg-depthsstill/ Crops in Sideboard
    2. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ubg-depthsstill-2/ Crops in Maindeck

The nugget of an idea i had was that the Stage-Depths combo is a win-con you can play without breaking your standstill.

These lists are arriving in similar spaces from different directions:
    The one with the crops in the side (1.) is what i was exploring when taking my UB DepthsStill and incorporating a small green splash in the board to amplify the ability to get depths combo online quickly. The side crops also have some extra utility lands to get.
    The one with the crops in the main (2.) is from taking the BUG HexDepths that Negator77 has been championing and seeing what it would look like if I took out some of the land searching and combo (mainly the Hexmages), trimmed the manabase (i.e. no moxen), and replaced all that with parts of a LandStill shell.

Thoughts? I haven't yet tested either of these to date.

I've picked up the U/B List on MTGO recently and while it's a bit of a learning curve, it's been pretty good so far. I've played 5 leagues and 1 random 1v1 queue with it so far with records 4-1, 3-2, 3-2, 2-3, 4-1,0-1. Total of 16/10, I definitely could have won a number of my losses with better play (most of which involve deploying my lands lands). Still need a good bit more games under the belt.

My matches were:
    Storm 3-1
    Aggro Loam 1-0 (winning game 3 after fighting through 2x liliana ultimate)
    Charbelcher 1-1 (Sometimes, you just don't have it.)
    Grixis Control 1-0
    Grixis Delver 1-2 (I've felt pretty good in these matches, and believe my losses could have been avoided by keeping better hands. Both matches were lost in game 3 to keeping a 1 lander with a brainstorm and never finding either a 2nd land, or a black source before turn 5)
    Turbo Depths 1-0
    R/W Hatebears 0-1 (I attribute this loss entirely to me not believing someone playing magus of the moon maindeck would also play wasteland)
    Sneak and Show 2-0
    Infect 1-1
    Dredge 0-1
    U/W Control 1-1
    UR Delver 1-0
    Naya Sligh 0-1
    Jund 1-0
    Elves 1-0
    Soldier Stompy 1-0
    Punishing Fire 4 Color Dack Fayden Control 0-1

My thoughts so far:
    - Toxic Deluge is a house
    - Crucible of Worlds/Mishra's Factory is much better than I gave it credit for
    - Mulliganing is very important with this deck
    - Fatal Push is not swords to plowshares

My match highlights so far were against Grixis Control and Jund.

Against Grixis, I won game 3 in a stalled board state, after wastelanding one of his Seas and one of his Volcs. I have only seen Volcs, Seas, and an island throughout the match. My opponent has 2 fetches and I have my 3rd wasteland, 2 islands, a Delta, and a surgical and flusterstorm in hand to my opponents grip of 5. My opponent goes to fetch and I wasteland his other fetch in response. He fetches, and I surgical Volcanic Island in response, removing the other 3 volcs from his deck. His hand was Fetchland, Bedlam Reveller, Pyroblast, Young Pyromancer and Ponder. The only other threats in his deck he can now cast are a single snapcaster and single Cryptic Serpent.

Against Jund I just remember grinding through 2x lilianas, being ultimated by 1, and eventually winning with factories after ripping my singleton crucible.

Keeping one-landers with Brainstorm is brutal, and really the ultimate gamble. Did you at-least wait to cast it during your main-phase to see if you hit a land drop? Sometimes the hand is sooooooooo goooooood it's hard to throw it in the muck.

Now that Top is out, I am experimenting with this deck. I am a long-time DnT player, but I wanted to branch out this last year into Ux decks and started playing Grixis Delver and BUG TNN, but this is more my style of deck. I'll be reading the boards, but I might ask some dumb questions that were answered long ago, so I apologize in advance.

Here is the list I am using for testing (admitting that creatures other than Snapcaster might be unnecessary, but Cryptic Servant is there because you can cast it frequently fairly quickly, not quite Delve-mechanic fast (they were Tombstalkers), but still, plus unlike Gurmag and Tombstalker, they can be pitched to FoW.)

Planeswalker 2

Creature 6
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Cryptic Serpent

Sorcery 8
    2 Innocent Blood
    2 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

Instant 16
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will

Enchantment 4
    4 Standstill

Land 24
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Dread of Night
    2 Hydroblast
    3 Flusterstorm
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Invasive Surgery

Obvious questions I will read up on:
    1. When is the best time against a Uxx deck to play Standstill itself?
    2. What decks do you side Standstill out against besides Lands?

On sideboard cards:
    What matches besides Sneak and Show are people using Invasive Surgery for?
    Last edited by redtwister; 06-09-2017 at 02:52 PM.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    On sideboard cards: What matches besides Sneak and Show are people using Invasive Surgery for?
    Primary targets would be SnT, Life from the Loam, GSZ/NO. It would also be fine vs BUG decks in general given high representation of cards like Maelstrom Pulse and Toxic Deluge. Other sorcery cards you'd care about would be Reanimate/Exhume, Burning Wish, and Infernal Tutor/PiF.

Is there a strictly UB Landstill thread or do you all tend to cover UB as well as UBG and UBGx? I couldn't find a UB topic, so I posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by redtwister View Post
    Is there a strictly UB Landstill thread or do you all tend to cover UB as well as UBG and UBGx? I couldn't find a UB topic, so I posted here.
    There is no thread for UB Landstill as far as I know, so I would assume this is the place for it.

I was going to ask why Meekstone isn't play in Landstill lists? It seems to have great synergy with manlands, and can help slow down fast Delver starts.
    Nobody plays Legacy anymore, the tournaments are all too crowded

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

This past Tuesday I played this list to a 2-0 finish (3 rounds swiss, split last round). Beat Nic Fit and D&T. D&T did punt.

Spells:35
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Cabal Therapy
    4 Fatal Push
    3 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Spell Snare
    1 Stifle
    3 Counterspell
    3 Standstill
    2 Toxic Deluge