Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The EPIC Storm (TES) Vs. Fetchland Tendrils (FT) - The Competition

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

Re: The EPIC Storm (TES) Vs. Fetchland Tendrils (FT) - The Competition

@JACO, I think a lot of the recent reasoning involving not playing Confidant is that the life loss from it in conjuction with Thoughtseize + Fetchlands isn't sustainable. If you think Confidant is the right card to be playing, then by all means, let us know what your results with it are (in the appropriate thread, of course).

@Lego, I think he meant it was possible to completely punt some games and still post match wins for the most part.

@Omega, Spells go the graveyard after (upon is technically the right word) every other part of the spell resolves. So if you have 6 cards in the bin and play Cabal Rit, you will only get 3 black mana.

If a trinisphere is out, do COTV at 0-1-2 do something?
    Yes you just have to pay more mana for them to get countered.

Im still interested in hearing a time frame for the landstill MU. Not to harp on it but its been quite a while.
    I c h o r i d - my anti blue
    Manaless Ichorid- At least its cheeper than standard.
    We admit for the sake of the exercise that following is true:
    Landstill > Fromat
    Non-Basic Hate > Landstill
    Basics > Non-Basic Hate
    We can therefore logically conlude that
    Basics > Format

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Chalice at zero one and two have no interaction with Trinisphere at all. Trinisphere does not effect the converted mana cost of any spell. It only effects the mana that is required to cast each spell.

thank you for all those fast replies :)

It sure does help :)

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by freakish777 View Post
    @JACO, I think a lot of the recent reasoning involving not playing Confidant is that the life loss from it in conjuction with Thoughtseize + Fetchlands isn't sustainable. If you think Confidant is the right card to be playing, then by all means, let us know what your results with it are (in the appropriate thread, of course).
    If you're playing the deck correctly, there shouldn't be a whole lot of life loss from Confidant period. 4 Brainstorms, 3-4 Ponder, and 3-4 Sensei's Divining Top allow you to manipulate the top of your library enough for it to not be an issue (except against crappy decks like Burn, which are often entirely locked out by CounterTop).

Confidant does damage to your opponent, critically refills your hand against discard, and pushes you ahead in almost every control matchup. If left unchecked for 2 turns it will usually win you the game. If STP'ed, that's one less STP your opponent has to deal with the 4 Tarmogoyfs in your deck.
    Find me on Twitter at @JMJACO and @EternalCentral. If you have an interest in Vintage Eldrazi, check out my book Eldrazi Meditations.

The only way Confi is bad, is if you show a force off the first reveal that is blind.

is confidant read

-3 life. Reveal a card every turn and draw that card. Would you play it or thoughtseize? Thoughseize CAN be duress confidant CANT be anything else.
    Landstill > Fromat
    Basics > Non-Basic Hate
    Basics > Format

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by JACO View Post
    If you're playing the deck correctly, there shouldn't be a whole lot of life loss from Confidant period. 4 Brainstorms, 3-4 Ponder, and 3-4 Sensei's Divining Top allow you to manipulate the top of your library enough for it to not be an issue (except against crappy decks like Burn, which are often entirely locked out by CounterTop).

Confidant does damage to your opponent, critically refills your hand against discard, and pushes you ahead in almost every control matchup. If left unchecked for 2 turns it will usually win you the game. If STP'ed, that's one less STP your opponent has to deal with the 4 Tarmogoyfs in your deck.
    This deserves a QFT. Not that I play Threshold at all, but it seems people are underestimating the card. Just because some guy top 8s with UGb Thresh without Confidant, it doesn't mean you have to be a sheep and not run the card also.

Back on track I was asking a couple questions aside from the landstill timeframe MU what do emidln and bryant put the RGBSA MU at? And what are key cards ?
    Landstill > Fromat
    Basics > Non-Basic Hate
    Basics > Format

Any updates on the Landstill matches ? Or was the whole thing abandoned ? (sorry, just asking).

Quote Originally Posted by freakish777 View Post
    Well BThresh just won the 40 dual land event at the GP side and he ran MD thoughtseize, fetches, and confidant. It's easy to not take damage. Pondering lands to the confidant draw, brainstorm, top, etc. Not to mention nothing in thresh is super expensive aside from FoW.

I think that the positive of bob straight up winning the game if he sticks outweigh the negatives of possibly getting unlucky.

Back on topic, I really like what this thread is doing. I see alot of praising of both combo decks and it's good to see which one is preforming better vs. given matchups.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Information