Page 603 of 645 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607613 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 12895

Thread: Miracle Control

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Re: [DTB] Miracle Control

You did nothing wrong. Goodbye. You will be missed.

Well, for a few months I have had a short break from Legacy, and now this.

At least the condolences from non-miracles players warm a little.

The questions that remains after all the whining is: What now?

Assuming one can find the motivation to pick up a new deck, what will be the best (or least bad) control deck?
    • I suppose the most obvious answer is the 4CC deck with Leopold that have been cropping up left and right?
    • Death Blade? - Not true control as it is more midrange
    • UW Landstill? - Not proactive enough?
    • Blue Moon Modern port? Seems like it might have a decent matchup vs 4CC and Elves with Pyroclasm or it's big brothers.

Could some unknown UWx build compete? Are 4CMC sweepers playable in Legacy? I'm guessing no.

Will Mana Drain be unbanned to compensate control players?

Top didn't deserve it, I thought Terminus will go first and would change the metagame, with people still relying on CB/Top strategies...
    I'm clearly sad for the format on this day, although I'm a Storm player.

Good Luck Miracles players, time has come to make a new Control Challenger to enter the ring :)

So do we migrate to UW/X stoneblade, try to make some jank with scrollrack work, or just give up.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    So do we migrate to UW/X stoneblade, try to make some jank with scrollrack work, or just give up.
    People with money or collection to do so will move to BUGx, people without will try UWx Stoneblade but that's objectively inferior to the value engine that's BUGx. Terminus will be a 2-of max, ETA is useless, CB is useless.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by ozimek View Post
    The questions that remains after all the whining is: What now?

Assuming one can find the motivation to pick up a new deck, what will be the best (or least bad) control deck?
    • I suppose the most obvious answer is the 4CC deck with Leopold that have been cropping up left and right?
    • Death Blade? - Not true control as it is more midrange
    • UW Landstill? - Not proactive enough?
    • Blue Moon Modern port? Seems like it might have a decent matchup vs 4CC and Elves with Pyroclasm or it's big brothers.

Could some unknown UWx build compete? Are 4CMC sweepers playable in Legacy? I'm guessing no.

Will Mana Drain be unbanned to compensate control players?
    Control-ish archetypes:

BGx "rock" board control: anything with Pernicious Deed (and Gurmag Angler) and/or Toxic Deluge. Add blue for FoW and/or white for StoP. This should become a popular archetype with a bunch of different builds. Geared towards winning against stock BUG lists.

Tempo-Control: Delver Variants, Merfolk

Combo-Control: e.g. Painter-Stone, Splinter Twin, monoblue OmniTell, Ub Reanimator, Sneaky Show, High Tide, Stiflenought

Stompy decks / anything with Chalice @1: Eldrazi, Monored Stompy (Blood Moon, Magus, Fiery Confluence, Trinisphere, possible to run Ensnaring Bridge)

Lands based control: The Tabernacle, Grove of the Burnwillows, Wasteland, Life from the Loam, etc.

Midrange value control: Stoneforge Mystic and/or Monastery Mentor based lists running extra colors. Stoneblade, Deadguy Ale, Old school UW tempo, new variants.

Discard/sacrifice/Prison based control: Pox, Stax, Stasis, etc. Typically not very viable anymore.

Old-school Ugx "Miracle Grow" with Quirion Dryad + DRS?

Some UW control waiting to be brewed (with Standstill?)?

Some Ur Aggro-control list running Price of Progress?

Restore Balance control? Probably not possible to pull off reliably.

Terminus would still be somewhat viable in a Bant shell control deck with Brainstorm and Sylvan Library / Mirri's Guile, but SL/MG extra copies are redundant and you don't get the CB lock. In other words, yes it gets rid of creatures but it's bad vs non-creature combo. Dropping white for black (Pernicious Deed, Fatal Push, Maelstrom Pulse, Abrupt Decay, Toxic Deluge, Damnation, Thoughtseize/IoK) seems superior to jumping through hoops to enable Terminus.

Soothsaying

Mana cost: U
    Type: Enchantment
    Effect of card: 3UU: Shuffle your library.
    X: Look at the top X cards of your library, then put them back in any order.

I'm kidding.

As a DnT player, my condolences. You didn't deserve to have your deck killed. A terminus ban made more sense. What now is the question? Loved playing vs miracles, and again sorry for the killing blow.

As a 12 post player i feel very sad but i know it is for the wrong reasons.

I am a Lands player and will miss having a hard permission based control deck to play against. Basically every other (noncombo) deck becomes an aggro deck against RUG Lands. This was my only real control vs control match.

Maybe Scroll rack will make a T-1.5 Miracles deck?
    Maybe Tezz will rise to the occasion?
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Bahahaha!

This stupid deck is no more!

<- someone who played Ancient Tomb decks that actually had a good winning percentage against Miracles but is STILL super happy to see this terrible tournament-wrecking card banned.

I guess it's a measure of how infrequently Legacy sees a ban, but it's pretty weird to come in here and see people celebrating in what was likely the largest single strategy thread on the site (and now it's basically a graveyard). I mean Miracles is the only deck that I've fundamentally disliked enough to sell out of three times, but still, it was a hell of a contender.

Time to dust off my Portents nauw.

Jun 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden

So long and thanks for all the fish Miracles. I was always on the other side and got to watch you grow up. Fare thee well! :(

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    Time to dust off my Portents nauw.
    You know you want to

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=47558

Jun 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Razorking View Post
    As a 12 post player i feel very sad but i know it is for the wrong reasons.
    This made my day! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You figured out my Hatfields <3.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

I personally think that a ban against this deck was needed but really not Sensei's Divining Top! I voted for Counterbalance because then the deck could still exist but well...

Played always on the other side again this deck and it was a pleasure, sorry guys, you have my feelings!

Everyone whos thinking about quit magic from now on...Just stop! Dont jump from this bridge my friend! Legacy offers more than just Sensei's Divining Top
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Sorry for your loss. As a 12 Post player, I always defended Miracles's place in the metagame. I hope you all find a way to keep control alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Enjoy drinking and drafting? Try the booze cube
    Follow me on Twitter: @theboozecube

Boiyayoiyayoing
    Mar 2012
    SoCal, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    I personally think that a ban against this deck was needed but really not Sensei's Divining Top! I voted for Counterbalance because then the deck could still exist but well...

Played always on the other side again this deck and it was a pleasure, sorry guys, you have my feelings!

Everyone whos thinking about quit magic from now on...Just stop! Dont jump from this bridge my friend! Legacy offers more than just Sensei's Divining Top
    Miracles getting killed by this ban is dismal, but what is equally depressing is the lack of faith control players will have for WoTC going forward. Or am I being delusional?
    Whack lists currently playing:
    Rector Nic Fit
    Bizarro Stormy
    Rest In Pieces

Thread Information