Page 119 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3301

Thread: [Deck] Turbo Depths

Re: [Deck] Dark Depths

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    I'm #3 on the Modern Competitive League Leaderboard (5 5-0s) with BR Hollow One.
    Ah thought that mighta been you from the jdm from reddit, nice!

@caseyc:

Yeah I have a hard time stomaching the price of surgicals on modo as well, but the lands interaction is pretty nice. I was gonna follow your lead on the extirpate haha.

Been a while since I've been able to play Depths, just got mine back from being altered. Almost have the entire deck foiled.
    For modern I play R/b Hollow One, Bant Tempo, Mono Blue Living End, and Bug Eternal Command. In Legacy I also play anything Tezzeretor.
    Can't wait to start playing Depths again!

*Edited picture size
    Last edited by Barthalamou; 01-29-2018 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Picture too large

@Caseysc

I also play B/R Hollow One in modern on mtgo lol.

I just top8'd CFB's 4k 115 people with my stock depths list as 2nd seed with a record of 6-1 with my 1 loss to the #1 Seed BUG delver in R4 who topdecked the 2nd edict while hellbent.

Sideboard:
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Karakas
    1 Mishras Factory
    1 Boseiju
    2 Rite of Consumption
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Pithing Needle

Beat
    Sneak and Show 2-0
    Miracles 2-0
    Dnt 2-1
    BUG Delver 1-2
    Grixis Delver 2-1
    Mirror 2-1
    Maverick 2-0
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    I just top8'd CFB's 4k 115 people with my stock depths list as 2nd seed with a record of 6-1 with my 1 loss to the #1 Seed BUG delver in R4 who topdecked the 2nd edict while hellbent.
    Congrats on the Top 8! Unfortunately I couldn't make it today. What other decks made it, if you know? (And I'm guessing you all split like usual.)

the other guy who got 3rd was playing miracles just posted in the dtb section.

anyways is bg depths favored against miracles?

Yea we split. I thought of no sirring due to the 7th seed being on burn but I was tired and wanted food.

Miracles depends on if you play boseiju and rite imo. If you have those, just hope to steal g1 and wreckem postboard with those.

I'd say it's not great g1 but post board improves greatly. Probably a 45-55 depending on pilot skill and sb build

The other depths player I actually beat in the mirror in r6 and we're playing almost a mirror 60.

It was criticalslays teammate on the deck iirc
    Solnox on MTGO

Quote Originally Posted by Barthalamou View Post
    Been a while since I've been able to play Depths, just got mine back from being altered. Almost have the entire deck foiled.
    These are great! Who is the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    Maverick 2-0
    Grats!
    One question - what's your plan vs maverick. I really struggle with this MU in the last time. Without having safekeeper I feel very behind all the time. Any good advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Barthalamou View Post
    For modern I play R/b Hollow One, Bant Tempo, Mono Blue Living End, and Bug Eternal Command. In Legacy I also play anything Tezzeretor.
    Can't wait to start playing Depths again!

*Edited picture size
    These are awesome! My Depths deck is almost fully altered now--here are my Depths:

Nice alters! I'm still running ftv depths while everything is foil. I'm wondering if wotc is gonna reprint dd and I was im pressed with their ima foiling. It's the one thing i want but cfb doesn't have any left in stock
    Solnox on MTGO

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    I was the Goblins player that was supposed to be a bye for you.

I think you should settle down on the rudeness while streaming - some people (like me) play multiple Legacy decks and also have pet decks that they enjoy. Being condescending about your opponent's deck doesn't make them look bad, it makes you look like a dickhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyc View Post
    Hey Steve, I was also in chat for the stream and apologize for anything I may have said that offended you. I appreciate the goblins love :-) I think there were a couple times where you misused Wasteland--either firing it off too early or tapping it down to play a goblin, which opened yourself up to the combo. Game 3 you pulled out impressively, hope to see ya around.

ALSO, DNSolver, that was wicked fun playing then going back and watching it from your side. I'm annoyed I made that game-losing mistake game 2--I knew it as soon as I put Scrying on the stack. Also we saw different little ways around what each other was doing. For example, I didn't even think that you could respond to me copying your depths by sacking it to Safekeeper, though I've used that before in different matchups. Also, you were worried I was going to copy your Depths, but not seeing that if I did there was a way you could've killed me. But yeah, very interesting playing you in the mirror, and even more interesting watching it from your side as well. Thanks for streaming man.
    I also watched the stream and I think this is highly blown out of proportion. The only things I think that were said are:
    "What a bye", "Interesting ideas, like playing goblins in legacy". Honestly I don't think any of these warrant your response in calling someone a dickhead. The first comment is true for many match ups for every deck. Whilst its not a bye, there are games that are/feel like 90%. You must know when choosing to queue with an untiered deck that you are not favorite in the majority of match ups. I don't think these are rude comments at all.

To add to that, after the game they said your deck was cool and gave you props. But I'm sure that escaped your notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Ended up getting 2nd in the Legacy Challenge. Rixile already posted above wondering how to play the mirror match, having fought me in the semifinals. I personally play it pretty conservatively, but I know others who mulligan pretty aggressively looking for a pretty quick win. In the mirror, it obviously helps to have card advantage engines like Sylvan Library or Dark Confidant, and to have all your tutors be able to fetch anything (so Map over Into the North). It's usually bad to play Depths out.

As far as other matchups:

R1: Miracles 2-0
    R2: UB Standstill 1-2
    R3: Lands 2-1
    R4: D+T 2-1
    R5: Czech Pile 2-0
    R6: Eldrazi 2-1 (G1 kept a no-tutor hand with action, never drew a tutor)
    Quarters: UB Standstill (same guy) 2-1
    Semifinals: Turbo Depths mirror 2-0
    Finals: Red D+T 2-1 (won G1, lost G2 fair and square, G3 kept a pretty greedy hand that didn't pan out, and punted I think)

The greedy hand in the finals was:
    Bayou
    Depths
    Hexmage
    Pithing Needle
    Sylvan Scrying
    Sylvan Safekeeper
    Sylvan Library

I figured that any land would allow me to scrying, any crop rotation would result in a pretty fast win through turn 1 Safekeeper (which is what I did). I then drew Duress and for some reason cast that and missed on everything instead of Needleing my opponent's Rishadan Port they had played, though they also had Wasteland. Port bought my opponent tons of time and I drew Steppe and nothing until I got Magus'd out.

Kind of a disappointing end to my run through play mistakes of my own, but my win rate only dropped 2.2% down to 82.8%.
    Some approx maths from HG calculator in case in similar situation:

-Chance to draw mana producing land on next draw (19 land outs): 36% (19 land + 7 fast mana): 49% (19L + 7FM + 4 crop): 57%

-Chance D&T has in opening hand without mulligan) - (at least 1 wasteland) 40% - (at least 1 of Karakas or STP) 60% - (either) 78% (both) 24%

-Chance duress hits on blind opening 7 hand of D&T (assume 2 land) - 65%

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the line I would have played was 1st turn needle wasteland. 2nd turn safekeeper. if 1st land got wasteland kinda no hope.

DnSolver, on the second turn did you hold Dark Depths or play it - what do you recommend?

The main thing is that if I draw Crop Rotation, or even just Urborg, I saw the game ending very quickly through almost any interaction he had because I could play Safekeeper on 1, Hexmage on 2, and Needle on 3. Even if I just drew a mana source, I could Scrying for the Urborg I needed.

One thing you are forgetting with the turn 1 Wasteland play is that experienced D+T players (especially my opponent, in the *finals* of the event) are unlikely to spend their first turn Wastelanding against us. If we have Crop Rot + spirit guide, the game just ends, where just sitting on the Wasteland is probably better if they have no other turn 1 play like Vial or Mom. In this case, my opponent played Port -> Vial and ended up having a Wasteland in hand, so Needle wasnt going to accomplish anything because Needling Wasteland or Vial gets me ported off green in my upkeep, Needling Port might be okay but could backfire if he uses his Wasteland.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Hey guys been really getting into the team format lately and I'll be jamming legacy. I currently play elves but want to switch it up. So far so good but I was curious if there was a discord server I could hop in?

Apr 2016
    Germany

Tournament Report Frankfurt 2018 Legacy Main Event

Hi guys,
    quick info about me. I play hardcore Dark Depths since the 19.9.2014 after I get crushed pretty hard by the creator of the deck and saw the potential of it.
    Over the time and over 1000 matches later I developed "my version" off it.
    Maybe I talk more over my slots and why I choose them in my next post.

So 22.12.12 my friends and I decided to play in Frankfurt but our card pool just have 8 Dark Depths
    and 3 off us want to play it (2 Dark Depths & 1 Land.dec) so we order the last cards on mkm and then enjoyed
    the Christmas time.

3.1.18 so two days before the tournament starts everybody of my group was ill. And ofc my cards havenīt arrived
    So we decide to canceled the whole thing :-/ -end of story.... just kidding

Yeahh here things started by a miracle I meet nice people from my region who want to go to MKM Frankfurt too so I tell my friends
    to send me there card viva express and things go right from here 20h later I have the cards from them and was on the way.
    I also was lucky enough to get my ticket with I canceled back :-) (only the one for the main event)

So we arrived Saturday and tried to get a place at the side event 0 chance so we go back to the hotel test a bit more after checked out some players

7.1.2018 MKM Legacy Main Event 380 Legacy Players should up to fight for the throne

R1 "Tin Fins" Bomberman Reanimator Hybried 1:2
    G1: I start with Land GSZ Arbor go. He make a Grisel with 4 LED Mana flooting says ok attack 3sec later ohhh wait I have 4 mana open no no I go back ok?
    Not even 2min in the tournament I felt sorry for him and donīt want to be a dick said ok he draw 7 and have Bomberman combo -> G2
    Nice first match vs fast combo :-/ and a strange build but ok I build my sb was built to fight vs BR Reanimator so I felt well equipped.
    G2. I kept Discard 2 Surgical Crop and Lands so I felt pretty good after discard he top decked Looting discards Grisel and Auriok and played Exhume
    Smiled at me good for me I had 2 surgicals he scooped because a lack of other win cons
    G3 I mulled to a hand with surgical and scry saw a second surgical but have nothing else
    T1 discard my surgical T2 Magus off the Moon T3 he played Looting discard grisel and Eona and played Exhume again…
    I was sitting there with 1 surgical in hand and know ok Iona (from SB donīt saw it g2) and Magus is GG and Grisel on 17 life sounds also not good
    He gets the Grisel and I never get to my turn

Yeahh great start in the tournament; he said I never had such nuts draw since a long time

0:1

R2 0mana Dredge 2:0
    After a long break because R1 toked us 10min I was paired vs a nice guy from Swiss/Austria can’t remember
    He won the roll and say I could start after I saw a starting hand with 1 IOK 2 Cabal I was quite happy because this hand
    is good vs both decks that would let you start (0mana Dredge or Grinding Station)
    G1 ok he was 0 mana Dredge after a few discards of my choice I had the combo out and could play DRS to go even saver
    decided not to give no intel and he was on 6 cards -> 20/20 flyes home the win and he was never abel to discard a card of his choice
    G2 Hand of DRS Surgical Discard makes me quite happy long story short after many Rounds where I flashed back Cabals viva Library Draw
    and drained him with 2x DRS I have a hand of Surgical Crop and played combo out 2x open DRS he goes to his turn and could after I make my 20/20
    Discard the first time a card of this choice in the hole match ofc it was not enough

Ok here we go give me more of it; Props for the foild out deck and ofc for the very nice opp

1:1

R3 ANT 2:0
    my op played without a card pad ok strange
    G1 i kept the good anti land// anti D&T Hand//anti miracle hand
    Port GQ TS DD Needel Needel Maze
    So T4 combo in Hand, Needel vs Hate but I decided to keep
    After T1 Delta USea BS I was sweeting, we played a while but he just play land go and I port him
    on T4 I could put out my combo or play Bayou into Cabal I thought I must discard only reason why I am living
    is that the Port steels him Mana I saw 3 DR 2 CR and 1 LP XXD ok he has 2 top decks and thankfully find nothing
    (still thinking the T1 BS was super strange because he kept a Hand with just Rituals Lands and 1x BS... good for me)
    G2 he has 0 chance T1 DRS T2 Cabal Fetch Arbor flashback Cabal T3 he hast just 2 bad cards in hand i go for GSZ -> Teeg
    and could play combo 1 turn later he was forced to play the pedal and top decked IT for chain bounce
    so he was left with 1 card and I have DRS Teeg Combo I flashed back a cabal soon later losing the DRS (put W to pool)
    he bounced my Teeg I replayed him and have combo open gg

0 card pad with Black boarded Jap Deck ok ^^

2:1

R4 Sneak&Omnitell 2:1
    I remember my opp from the Trial where I couldn’t play and spent some time looking around -> Omnitell yeahh
    G1 I know what faced so I kept my discard Hand after he found out what I was he was not happy because it should be
    a matchup in my favor with it was after Cabal T2 Fetch Flashback Cabal DRS he eto BS find Sneak and
    has Grisel with find his friend and petal in the first 7 cards g2
    G2 I mulled a hand with 0 threats to find a hand with just needel and 1 discard but no fast combo
    We played a bit he shuffled a Bloodmoon away because of DRS to go combo next turn but I have a Needle&GSZ Teeg soon after
    and found my combo and some discard before he could find something relevant
    G3 I hope I remember this right a fast S&T after forcing my discard I put in my Needel hoped for the best
    Griselbrand ok fine Needle it I have combo next turn he was not happy
    Jumps next turn and could take 20 the turn after I played Teeg because was afraid of Sneak with emrakul haste
    Then he BS eto untapps and played S&T
    My Board was: Token & random lands (tapped), Teeg Needel Urborg GQ
    Hand: Grip Urborg Libary
    He has 2 Volcanis open and 2 cards in Hand S&T on stack

What’s the right play? Because I have a question for a judge (with was sitting on our tabel&match) we go 2-3 stepps
    aside while I was asking the judge some random dudes watching our match start talking to my opp with he didnīt liked
    the judge got back and was not happy but my opp was a nice player and I donīt imply he wanted to talk so we both where happy
    that only the players who start talking with him get warnings

I continue with tapp Urborg GQ my own Urborg (my opp found this strange) get Forest and say ok he put in Omni and I my Urborg
    He played his last card a BS i rsp with Grip gg

props for my opp nice player and again for the full foild out pimp deck

3:1

R5 vs Czech Pile 2:0
    nothing to say here super easy and 0815
    biggest thing was having fetch arbor open vs edict

4:1

R6 URB Pyromancer Delver 2:0
    G1 he keept 2 wastelander and tryed to aggro mana deny me
    after my T1 Urborg Map I make T2 Bayou GSZ Arbor he wasteland again
    Land and sac map (donīt want to give him the option to play land and stifel)
    the things start to snowball really fast I had combo soon after and he a wasteland
    not sure i played needle or GQ but i forced him to rsp with wasteland and won
    G2 he tried the opp just sit with his wastelands and a t2 pyromancer with daze backup
    My hand was good with a t3 combo through wasteland but i canīt go through daze
    so i played viva my T1 DRS his T2 pyro my T2 toxic he dazed with cleared the way for T3 combo
    he finds more interactions we played for a view more rounds while i am copy his wastelands with stages
    and i go off with fetch open he smiles play edict i fetched he yeahh sure go on then his face turned soon after

Nice opp again; magic its fun but when you have the luck to battel a lot of nice players in a row it doubles the fun
    My friends form our car donīt have such a good day and thinking about dropping but agreed to play 1 more round and see

5:1

I took my time to look at the top tabels and saw a lot of Miracle/Stoneblade/FoodChain/CzechPile decks and hoped I finally get those

R7 I got food chain 2:0
    G1 nothing to say easy combo
    G2 i let him get infi griffins to combo eto and have toxic (i know he had no force even flashbacked therapy to donīt lose to topdeck)
    and win with a 17/17 XD

6:1

R8 Eldrazi Aggro 2:0
    I keept my only T2 combo hand of the hole event
    G1 t1 discard saw eldrazi
    t2 dropped hexmage combo and say topdeck your 0/1/2 off karadas with he didnīt (played 0)
    G2 really long game where I kept toxic all time in hand but never find the right time to play it
    he had 2-3 factorys and a jitte and i 1 maze and 2 stage with are copys of maze XD
    We need to call a Judge because he didnīt believe me his jitte gets off factory when he pass
    I finally dropped Toxic with gives him viva Reshaper a Spyglass he named stage and I won the next turn
    (had decay in hand but would took 1 turn more)

Nice game 2 toked like 20min+ maybe because in the beginning i was able to copy ports to slow the game super down
    My friends finally dropped because and where waiting for me we agreed when i lose 1 match i would also dropp
    because we have a 2h+ ride home

7:1

R9 Food chain again 2:0
    I was super happy after I was winning quite convincingly vs it R7
    G1 I felt bad for my opp he played with nothing just lands after getting ripped of this hand
    the 20/20 was a relive for him because his deck doesnīt do him favors just dcard land and counter from top
    when it was to late to matter
    G2 I had a T3 combo hand with the option to combo T4 again thx to DRS i did it T3 i checked his hand T3 nothing his turn eto I go for it he smiled Edict
    I ok my turn put out combo again pass he draws and scoops

My friends had a dinner at a close Italian restaurant and but i was in the mood and what see how far i can push the deck today

8:1

R10
    I was now on Tabel 2 and could draw into the top8 because my opp was undefeated

Yeahhh I was playing since nearly 11h without a bigger break or a option to grap something to eat...
    My friends where happy for me but also want go home finally
    So I have 0 problems with splitting the prices and then I would "drop" but not everybody agrees...

Top 8

I was paired against Fritzwanker Sebastian the only player of the top 8 from with I didnīt know the deck...
    but ok lets do it (he revealed maybe on purpose while putting his deck out a sb blood moon)

Because I know there where 1-2 Miracle Decks close to the break I put him on miracle

Keept a good but slow hand vs miracle
    T1 he played Petal and tryed to be ANT because of Moon I know he was Sneak&Show
    T1 I played Therapy Naming S&T miss
    T2 he cantripp land go
    T2 fetch flashback therapy force I knew that he have a T3 Sneak attack and I donīt find a Needel
    in time and he had a big friend in hand that finds him one more fatty

G2 I keept him good under controll had Teeg in play Needle on Griselbrand a bunch of lands
    it comes to the point where I just can lay out my combo but didnīt know this last 2-3 draws so i would set back to the bounce
    or played the IOK I draw this turn and gsz for savekeeper to have a next turn combo save
    he pierce the IOK I still have 2 mana open I was not sure after a long argument with myself I paid because I was scared of moon/bounce (with was a misplay)
    he rsp with BS showed me 2 emrakuls on his turn he played S&T from top (because I paid for pierce I couldn’t make token eto)
    even with the s&t land I put in
    on my turn I had could play out exactly 7 permanents but could make the token only viva stage so I was dead
    had crop in hand but I donīt run karakas for some reasons

yeahh so I finished 5-8 out of 380 players with still was very nice and more that I could expect after the 0:1 start
    was super happy with the deck only would change 1 toxic for 1 golgari charm
    and ofc I get all the 2h home ride the “love” form my new friends with a lot of karakas commends

http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/cov...t-2018-legacy/

Probs:
    -Judges where always nice and friendly
    -Opp I was really lucky to meet a lot of nice dudes
    -Pimp I faced 6-7 pimp decks out off 10 quite nice
    -Big thanks for my friends they waited for me basically 3h+

Cons:
    -380 players pls make a 2 day tournament
    -not enough places for the trial and a hall that was to crowded and over it limits
    -in the end 12h off none stop play you are not at your best... the other dude how was on cam in the top8 was sleeping and it was not faked
    -just 225€ to finished top 5-8 in a 380 tournament with around 35€ entry
    -not a single match against Miracle, D&T, Lands or BReanimator aka the decks i expect most -> donīt try to predict the meta game
    -being on the wrong side of the breaker :-P the other side had Czech Pile, BUG, Grixis 3 very positiv matchups and with elves a good matchup
    -the arguments I will have to make in this group why karakas is not what we want
    Last edited by Arcanis001; 02-01-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Great writeup, Felix! Congrats on the success in Frankfurt.

Would you mind sharing your thought process in creating this decklist? Specifically interesting:
    - only 3 Hexmages?
    - 4 Urborgs? Don't you fear drawing more than one?
    - Rishadan Port, what for?
    - Maze of Ith? - I presume against Reanimator and S&T?
    - how come you chose Cabal Therapy over Thoughtseize?

Thanks!

Grats!
    Please also tell us about your choice of DRS main. 3 is the same number I figured out to be good. I am so happy that someone else is using DRS. I started thinking I am the only one here and it has to be wrong somehow.

Nov 2010
    easton

Hey guys been wobdering a couple things.

What matchups and why do you board in rite of consumption?

Why duress over inquisition of kozilek in most lists?

Does the deck need 3 bayou or is it fine with 2?

Is there a sideboard guide out there and would you have a link?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by perian View Post
    Grats!
    Please also tell us about your choice of DRS main. 3 is the same number I figured out to be good. I am so happy that someone else is using DRS. I started thinking I am the only one here and it has to be wrong somehow.
    i started using drs in my list with zenith too and been spectacular so far. just trying to figure out correct # to use. i currently trying to warp list to support it as well

Quote Originally Posted by militiaman89 View Post
    Hey guys been wobdering a couple things.

What matchups and why do you board in rite of consumption?

Why duress over inquisition of kozilek in most lists?

Does the deck need 3 bayou or is it fine with 2?

Is there a sideboard guide out there and would you have a link?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    You board in Rite in matchups were they have lots of ways to deal with Marit Lage attacking them. The matchups I bring it in are: Miracles (plus Boseiju), Death n Taxes, Lands, Maverick (usually just 2), and the mirror *just 2). Also if I see or expect an ensnaring bridge. Like Moon Stompy, frees up my Decays/Grip to just hit Blood Moons, and then I can Rite them past Bridge.

Duress hits FOW and some key cards in Storm. Some people run 1-2 IoK.

I run 2x Bayou and 1x Llanowar Wastes. I think you need three B/G sources, the manabase of the deck is shakey. The Llanowar Wastes is to be able to play around Submerge if needed. I don't think it's necessary but it's been useful for me occasionally. I think 3 Bayous is just as good.

If you look back in the forum you will see some SB guides--the thing is--it depends a lot on the configuration of your SB. Rite of Consumption warps the way you SB, for instance.

Thread Information