Page 87 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1923

Thread: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Re: [Deck] Vial Goblins

Alright guys, as promised here is a tournament report. This is my first time doing this so I apologize if I leave anything out or type way too much.
    This tourny had about 30 people and it was in Japan (where I live).

First of all my decklist. I should note that some of these choices are simply because I love toolbox decks. I have 3 warchief and 1 chieftain even though I know 4 chieftain might be better, but I like having the option to get the 3mana lord effect. I didn't get to try settler or mogg fanatic because I didn't get to cast any.

MAIN-

10 mountain
    4 cavern
    4 wasteland
    3 rishadan port
    1 karakas

4 vial

4 lackey
    4 matron
    4 ringleader
    3 warchief
    2 mogg war marshal
    2 piledriver
    2 gempalm
    2 cratermaker
    1 skirk prospector
    1 mogg fanatic
    1 stingscorger
    1 chieftain
    1 sharpshooter
    1 chainwhirler
    1 trashmaster
    1 goblin settler
    1 kiki jiki
    1 siege gang commander

1 tarfire

SIDE-

4 faerie macabre
    3 pyrokinesis
    2 blood moon
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 stingscorger
    1 sharpshooter
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 pithing needle
    1 midbreak trap

Alright so lets get into the 5 rounds.

Round 1-

(Moon stompy)

Game 1- I'm on the play with some good creatures and a vial, but only colorless lands. I don't know what he's on and I decide to keep and hope the vial sticks. It resolves, and he starts his turn with ancient tomb pitch simian spirit guide for a blood moon. Thanks! Now I have my mana fixed and a couple turns later I have a lackey that connects into ringleader which starts the snowball. Easy win.

Game 2- I only side out 1 stingscorger for 1 pyrokinesis and I get to pyro on his combat step to kill legion warboss and both tokens, completely clearing his board. The rest is pretty typical, I just jam a bunch of creatures and overwhelm him.

1-0

Round 2-

(grixis delver)

Game 1- After he bolts and forces my first 2 plays, with only 4 mana open I stupidly cast my last threat, which is a ringleader, into a daze and don't have much else to race his flipped delver and true name. Probably should have just waited 1 more turn to avoid daze, but also he was putting on some pressure--I had to do something. He casts an angler, which seals the deal and we go to game 2.

Game 2- I turn 1 vial which sticks. He turn 1 delvers and I topdeck my singleton tarfire like a pro and get rid of it. A couple turns later I vial in a matron and get a gempalm to kill his 2nd delver. I go off with ringleaders and he can't keep up.

Game 3- I'm still mad at myself for keeping this stupid hand, but I keep a 7 on the draw with 2 blood moon and 1 warchief (the rest lands). Tell me what you guys think, but I think I should have mulled for more action. He very easily keeps me off the moons with daze and then force and I die to a delver and a pyromancer. I do nothing the whole game like a loser and die like a loser.

1-1

Round 3-

(mono black reanimator)

Game 1- He wins the roll and is on the play. I keep a stellar 7 card hand that would beat the piss out of almost any deck. He mulls to 4 card and I'm leaning back in my seat ready for the easiest win of my life, beautiful women are fanning me off with a palm tree leaf while he looks for a playable hand. He goes swamp, dark ritual, entomb grave titan, animate dead, go. My tropical vacation on the beach ends before I could do anything.

Game 2- I side in 4 faerie macabre, 1 stingscorger, and 1 relic post board and am on the play. I have a fearie, lackey, and a siege gang in my opening hand and snap keep. I play lackey and he tries to reanimate a turn 1 Iona on red, but I discard faerie and he groans. I put in siege gang off lackey and waste his urborg. The rest of the lands he draws can't produce black and siege gang gets there.

Game 3- I keep a hand with a relic, 2 faerie, and lackey. I play lackey on my turn 1 and on his turn 2 he smallpoxes. I discard a card, sac my only land, and get rid of my only creature. Next turn I play a relic and pass. He dark rituals and plays a phyrexian obliterator. His obliterator hits me 3 times and with the 1 point from the smallpox I am at 4 life with things not looking good (I have just a warchief out at this point). I jokingly flip and slam my topdeck on the table and it's actually a stingscorger, which bounces his obliterator. Next turn I pay the echo and play a wasteland and get rid of his urborg. He is 1 mana short of recasting the obliterator the rest of the game and I hit him for 4 until he dies. I should also note he tried to reanimate a grave titan (because I popped relic earlier to draw an extra card) but my faerie bends it over.

(2-1)

Round 4-

(eldrazi aggro)

Game 1- Don't know what he's on (like every other freaking player here) and I keep a reasonable hand. We trade blows and creatures and reach a point where we each have nothing but lands in play and are looking for a threat. I am stuck on 3 lands which usually isn't a problem, but this time I have a settler in hand and his eye of ugin is almost online. I don't find a 4th land in time and he activates the eye for ulamog and gets me. Goblin settler why aren't you 3 mana.

Game 2- I don't have a lot of notes on this game but my turn 1 vial ends up wrecking him. I put into play mogg war mashal, matron (for cratermaker), ringleader, then kiki-jiki. He can't do anything of value the whole game.

Game 3- This game was grindy as all hell, and we go to turns. he has me to 6 life and has a tapped smasher and an untapped thoughtknot seer on board. I have a warchief on the field and a piledriver and some other stuff I don't remember. I matron for 2 mana into siege gang, which I vial in. Then I play mogg war marshal for 1 mana and basically just hit him for a million and get him on turn 3 of turns. I even had blockers left open for if he spacial contortions and untaps and swings. I had heard this matchup was easy, and it's true. Easy peasy.

(3-1)

Round 5-

(UR Omnishow)

My opponent wants to draw and everyone else around me is drawing for top 8 prizes. I think about this for a bit, but I think I saw his deck earlier and it looked like some kind of jeskai control or miracles, so I tell him I want to fight him because I'm a man's man. Also if I win this round I will get the 1st prize dual land. (this turns out to be all wrong)

Game 1- He plays island and ponders and passes the turn. I play vial and pass. Then he turn 2 show and tells. Oops.. I tell him I thought his deck was a control deck and that I should have absolutely drew, and he says "we can still draw if you want" and I tell him to shut up, I aint bitching out now. He shows me an omniscience and emrakul kills me.

Game 2- The exact same thing happens and I lose to a cast emrakul off omniscience. Welp...

(3-2)

It turns out that there is a top 8 single elimination now. If only my japanese was better I would have known that. Now it makes sense why they were looking at me so weird when I said I didn't want to draw. It was just for top 8. I still squeeze in at 6th place. However here is the kicker: because of my position I get paired with the mono black reanimator guy again. Out of the other 7 people 5 of them should be an easy win; could do it with my eyes closed. If I had drew I would have been paired with a different guy playing eldrazi.

Top 8 quarterfinals

(mono black reanimator)

Game 1- He is on the play because of his standings and I have an opening hand with karakas and stingscorger. This is the best possible hand I can have pre board. He gets a turn 2 grave titan and mops the floor with me.

Game 2- I stop his reanimation bull crap with a faerie and play a crater maker and a piledriver. He hymns me and I lose a cratermaker and trashmaster. He reanimates my trashmaster, which actually blocks my guys pretty damn well. Then he tries to reanimate my cratermaker, which would actually have been a 3/3 and could have killed my only creature. I had 1 freshly drawn faerie and actually decide I have to use it or I will probably lose. I'm still not sure if this is the right move or not, but he eventually gets to reanimate a grave titan and I die.

I win a masters 25 pack and my friend wins a rishadan port and gives it to me because I didn't have a 4th (nice guy).

My mainboard is more or less how I like it, and there are some changes I would like to make to my sideboard. I will probably cut the settler main actually for another mogg war marshal or piledriver, or maybe a gempalm.

I won't tell you guys too many changes I want to make to the deck because I wan't some advice first. Anyways all in all I think I could have (should have) beat the grixis delver guy and should also have been paired up against a better matchup in the top 8. The deck is strong.
    Thanks for listening to my ramblings, hope it was interesting.

Cheers!
    Last edited by joaquin; 02-19-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
    Alright guys, as promised here is a tournament report. This is my first time doing this so I apologize if I leave anything out or type way too much.
    This tourny had about 30 people and it was in Japan (where I live).

First of all my decklist. I should note that some of these choices are simply because I love toolbox decks. I have 3 warchief and 1 chieftain even though I know 4 chieftain might be better, but I like having the option to get the 3mana lord effect. I didn't get to try settler or mogg fanatic because I didn't get to cast any.

MAIN-

10 mountain
    4 cavern
    4 wasteland
    3 rishadan port
    1 karakas

4 vial

4 lackey
    4 matron
    4 ringleader
    3 warchief
    2 mogg war marshal
    2 piledriver
    2 gempalm
    2 cratermaker
    1 skirk prospector
    1 mogg fanatic
    1 stingscorger
    1 chieftain
    1 sharpshooter
    1 chainwhirler
    1 trashmaster
    1 goblin settler
    1 kiki jiki
    1 siege gang commander

1 tarfire

SIDE-

4 faerie macabre
    3 pyrokinesis
    2 blood moon
    1 tuktuk scrapper
    1 stingscorger
    1 sharpshooter
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 pithing needle
    1 midbreak trap

Alright so lets get into the 5 rounds.

Round 1-

(Moon stompy)

Game 1- I'm on the play with some good creatures and a vial, but only colorless lands. I don't know what he's on and I decide to keep and hope the vial sticks. It resolves, and he starts his turn with ancient tomb pitch simian spirit guide for a blood moon. Thanks! Now I have my mana fixed and a couple turns later I have a lackey that connects into ringleader which starts the snowball. Easy win.

Game 2- I only side out 1 stingscorger for 1 pyrokinesis and I get to pyro on his combat step to kill legion warboss and both tokens, completely clearing his board. The rest is pretty typical, I just jam a bunch of creatures and overwhelm him.

1-0

Round 2-

(grixis delver)

Game 1- After he bolts and forces my first 2 plays, with only 4 mana open I stupidly cast my last threat, which is a ringleader, into a daze and don't have much else to race his flipped delver and true name. Probably should have just waited 1 more turn to avoid daze, but also he was putting on some pressure--I had to do something. He casts an angler, which seals the deal and we go to game 2.

Game 2- I turn 1 vial which sticks. He turn 1 delvers and I topdeck my singleton tarfire like a pro and get rid of it. A couple turns later I vial in a matron and get a gempalm to kill his 2nd delver. I go off with ringleaders and he can't keep up.

Game 3- I'm still mad at myself for keeping this stupid hand, but I keep a 7 on the draw with 2 blood moon and 1 warchief (the rest lands). Tell me what you guys think, but I think I should have mulled for more action. He very easily keeps me off the moons with daze and then force and I die to a delver and a pyromancer. I do nothing the whole game like a loser and die like a loser.

1-1

Round 3-

(mono black reanimator)

Game 1- He wins the roll and is on the play. I keep a stellar 7 card hand that would beat the piss out of almost any deck. He mulls to 4 card and I'm leaning back in my seat ready for the easiest win of my life, beautiful women are fanning me off with a palm tree leaf while he looks for a playable hand. He goes swamp, dark ritual, entomb grave titan, animate dead, go. My tropical vacation on the beach ends before I could do anything.

Game 2- I side in 4 faerie macabre, 1 stingscorger, and 1 relic post board and am on the play. I have a fearie, lackey, and a siege gang in my opening hand and snap keep. I play lackey and he tries to reanimate a turn 1 Iona on red, but I discard faerie and he groans. I put in siege gang off lackey and waste his urborg. The rest of the lands he draws can't produce black and siege gang gets there.

Game 3- I keep a hand with a relic, 2 faerie, and lackey. I play lackey on my turn 1 and on his turn 2 he smallpoxes. I discard a card, sac my only land, and get rid of my only creature. Next turn I play a relic and pass. He dark rituals and plays a phyrexian obliterator. His obliterator hits me 3 times and with the 1 point from the smallpox I am at 4 life with things not looking good (I have just a warchief out at this point). I jokingly flip and slam my topdeck on the table and it's actually a stingscorger, which bounces his obliterator. Next turn I pay the echo and play a wasteland and get rid of his urborg. He is 1 mana short of recasting the obliterator the rest of the game and I hit him for 4 until he dies. I should also note he tried to reanimate a grave titan (because I popped relic earlier to draw an extra card) but my faerie bends it over.

(2-1)

Round 4-

(eldrazi aggro)

Game 1- Don't know what he's on (like every other freaking player here) and I keep a reasonable hand. We trade blows and creatures and reach a point where we each have nothing but lands in play and are looking for a threat. I am stuck on 3 lands which usually isn't a problem, but this time I have a settler in hand and his eye of ugin is almost online. I don't find a 4th land in time and he activates the eye for ulamog and gets me. Goblin settler why aren't you 3 mana.

Game 2- I don't have a lot of notes on this game but my turn 1 vial ends up wrecking him. I put into play mogg war mashal, matron (for cratermaker), ringleader, then kiki-jiki. He can't do anything of value the whole game.

Game 3- This game was grindy as all hell, and we go to turns. he has me to 6 life and has a tapped smasher and an untapped thoughtknot seer on board. I have a warchief on the field and a piledriver and some other stuff I don't remember. I matron for 2 mana into siege gang, which I vial in. Then I play mogg war marshal for 1 mana and basically just hit him for a million and get him on turn 3 of turns. I even had blockers left open for if he spacial contortions and untaps and swings. I had heard this matchup was easy, and it's true. Easy peasy.

(3-1)

Round 5-

(UR Omnishow)

My opponent wants to draw and everyone else around me is drawing for top 8 prizes. I think about this for a bit, but I think I saw his deck earlier and it looked like some kind of jeskai control or miracles, so I tell him I want to fight him because I'm a man's man. Also if I win this round I will get the 1st prize dual land. (this turns out to be all wrong)

Game 1- He plays island and ponders and passes the turn. I play vial and pass. Then he turn 2 show and tells. Oops.. I tell him I thought his deck was a control deck and that I should have absolutely drew, and he says "we can still draw if you want" and I tell him to shut up, I aint bitching out now. He shows me an omniscience and emrakul kills me.

Game 2- The exact same thing happens and I lose to a cast emrakul off omniscience. Welp...

(3-2)

It turns out that there is a top 8 single elimination now. If only my japanese was better I would have known that. Now it makes sense why they were looking at me so weird when I said I didn't want to draw. It was just for top 8. I still squeeze in at 6th place. However here is the kicker: because of my position I get paired with the mono black reanimator guy again. Out of the other 7 people 5 of them should be an easy win; could do it with my eyes closed. If I had drew I would have been paired with a different guy playing eldrazi.

Top 8 quarterfinals

(mono black reanimator)

Game 1- He is on the play because of his standings and I have an opening hand with karakas and stingscorger. This is the best possible hand I can have pre board. He gets a turn 2 grave titan and mops the floor with me.

Game 2- I stop his reanimation bull crap with a faerie and play a crater maker and a piledriver. He hymns me and I lose a cratermaker and trashmaster. He reanimates my trashmaster, which actually blocks my guys pretty damn well. Then he tries to reanimate my cratermaker, which would actually have been a 3/3 and could have killed my only creature. I had 1 freshly drawn faerie and actually decide I have to use it or I will probably lose. I'm still not sure if this is the right move or not, but he eventually gets to reanimate a grave titan and I die.

I win a masters 25 pack and my friend wins a rishadan port and gives it to me because I didn't have a 4th (nice guy).

My mainboard is more or less how I like it, and there are some changes I would like to make to my sideboard. I will probably cut the settler main actually for another mogg war marshal or piledriver, or maybe a gempalm.

I won't tell you guys too many changes I want to make to the deck because I wan't some advice first. Anyways all in all I think I could have (should have) beat the grixis delver guy and should also have been paired up against a better matchup in the top 8. The deck is strong.
    Thanks for listening to my ramblings, hope it was interesting.

Cheers!
    I like it. Will be putting together goblins next. Do share your current changed list please :)

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

I knocked the dust off of my pile and took it to a Legacy monthly with a terrible sideboard (3x Boil for the love of pete), and squeaked into the T8 at 8th after losses in the Swiss to Burn and Dredge. The T8 was a cakewalk of easy matches with 4c Loam, DnT (an inexperienced pilot), and Miracles. It almost felt like I was just taking their money away and only took 1 game loss in the elimination versus Miracles when they had 2 Mentors I wasnt able to knock early enough. I still love the pile, and may actually start bringing it out more often locally.

List
    15 Mountain, 4 Port, 4 Wasteland
    4 Lackey, Gempalm, Matron, Warchief, Vial, Ringleader
    2x War Marshal, Siege Gang, Cratermaker
    1x KikiJiki, Prospector, Piledriver, Stingscourger, Sharpshooter, Chainwhirler, Trashmaster

SB:
    3x Boil, Piledriver
    2x Surgical, Cratermaker
    1x Stingscourger, Revoker, Needle, Chainwhirler, Sharpshooter

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Is the lack of cavern of souls a budget thing?
    Glad to hear you did so well with the list. I wanna know if you actually boiled anyone haha, cause that would be sick!

Also I'm going to a big legacy tournament this saturday so I'll let you guys know how it goes. I probably won't make a giant tournament report like the last one but hopefully I get some interesting games in.
    I'll post my updated list soon cause I wan't some feedback before the event.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Is the lack of cavern of souls a budget thing?
    Glad to hear you did so well with the list. I wanna know if you actually boiled anyone haha, cause that would be sick!
    I actually don't think you need Cavern anymore. 15 Mountains means you can always cycle Gempalm and multiple activations of SGC are easier, as well. If they're countering your Goblins one for one, you're winning that game anyway.

I did cast Boil, twice, in the finals against Miracles. The immediate response was "I didnt know that was an instant." I chuckled, Matron'd for Matron after, and ended both post-board games with 7+ cards in hand each time.

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Okay so I have a tournament coming up and I've decided on the list I wanna run, but I want some advice from you guys cause I'm still new to the deck and to legacy.

Here are the decks that I know are represented in my meta:
    1 ANT
    1 eldrazi aggro
    1 eldrazi post
    1 UR omnitell
    1 sneak and show
    2 mono red prison
    1 jeskai stoneblade
    1 miracles
    1 mono black reanimator
    1 merfolk
    2 grixis delver
    1 mono blue painter
    1 death and taxes
    1 burn

There are obviously a lot more decks that will show up that aren't on this list I'm sure, but as you can see the meta is preeeeety good for ol gobbos.

MAIN-

10 mountain
    4 cavern
    4 wasteland
    3 rishadan port
    1 karakas

4 vial

4 lackey
    4 matron
    4 ringleader
    3 warchief
    3 mogg war marshal
    2 piledriver
    2 gempalm
    3 cratermaker
    1 skirk prospector
    1 mogg fanatic
    1 stingscorger
    1 chieftain
    1 chainwhirler
    1 trashmaster
    1 kiki jiki
    1 siege gang commander

1 tarfire

SIDE-

4 faerie macabre
    2 red elemental blast
    2 pyrokinesis
    2 blood moon
    1 stingscorger
    1 sharpshooter
    1 relic of progenitus
    1 pithing needle
    1 midbreak trap

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Okay so I have a tournament coming up and I've decided on the list I wanna run, but I want some advice from you guys cause I'm still new to the deck and to legacy.
    With the combo you have I would almost want Thorn in the SB instead of Relic and Trap, or maybe over the Blood Moons, it's a hard call. Right now I'm a serious fan of 4x Gempalm and no Tarfire for the MD. Leyline over Macabre might be a better call, but that's a coinflip I always end up losing when I make a decision, so it's really up to personal opinion. I like Macabre better in DnT because you can Recruiter for it, but neither Matron or Ringleader can find it in Goblins and you have to rely on drawing it. BUT, Leyline is uncastable if you draw it, so...damned if you do, damned if you don't in that situation.

I'd be willing to cut a Piledriver from your MD and go up to 4x Cratermaker with your meta, too, there's a lot of colorless / artifact hits that the new best 2 drop can wreck havok against.

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Thorn is a great idea. I don't have any right now but I should buy a couple. I could see shaving the mindbreak trap and maybe the sharpshooter for them.
    Which reminds me, do you think sharpshooter is even worth having in the 75?
    I know there are some cool tricks you can do with him but in general I feel like I'm never happy drawing it when it's in the main, and the matchups where I want to bring him in from the sideboard are few and far between. He really shines when you have multiple creatures on board and something like mogg fanatic or skirk prospector, but in that situation I feel like we're winning anyways. At least chainwhirler dos his job when he comes in, and then has a pretty nice body with first strike.

I don't know, just been thinking about cutting sharpshooter completely these days. Thoughts?

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Which reminds me, do you think sharpshooter is even worth having in the 75?
    Elves. I want all the different ways to kill multiple creatures I can get when I sit across from elves.

Quote Originally Posted by zebhillard View Post
    Elves. I want all the different ways to kill multiple creatures I can get when I sit across from elves.

Elves, Infect, Dredge, and D&T. These are the primary reasons to play a Sharpshooter at this point. In other matchups, Chainwhirler will be better (Maverick might be a tossup since you can deal a lot more than 1 damage to all with Shooter).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Post DRS Goblins MTGO Leagues Only Data

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by 1GoblinLackey View Post
    Elves, Infect, Dredge, and D&T. These are the primary reasons to play a Sharpshooter at this point. In other matchups, Chainwhirler will be better (Maverick might be a tossup since you can deal a lot more than 1 damage to all with Shooter).
    Yes, all of these things. Forcing DnT to have to choose between saving Mom and saving something like Thalia or Flickerwisp is a glorious Sophie's Choice situation.

From your (joaquin) list I'd personally cut Fanatic, 1x War Marshal, 1x Piledriver, and Tarfire and add 2x Gempalm, 1x Cratermaker, and a 23rd land (Mountain #11). If not the additional land, maybe retain the Tarfire, but with only 10 Mountains going up to the full playset of Gempalm's is risky because you'll have situations where you can't cycle them even with 2 or 3 lands in play...which is why I'm moving away from Caverns for the time, they're far more a hinderance than a help in the post-Top-ban era.

I remember someone posting a link to a primer on Goblins. Could someone link me that?

Also is that on mono red or black red goblins? I just finished building goblins and would like as much resource on the mono red built before moving to red white or red black.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post
    I remember someone posting a link to a primer on Goblins. Could someone link me that?

Also is that on mono red or black red goblins? I just finished building goblins and would like as much resource on the mono red built before moving to red white or red black.
    I wrote a primer on a RB build of Goblins awhile ago, is that what you're referring to? You can find that here: https://thesaltminesite.com/2019/02/...by-eli-goings/

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post

There's also not a huge difference between MonoR and a splash, you should be able to get good pointers from primers for either. The first page of this thread should give you a lot of what you need.

Advantages of MonoR are a more stable manabase, disadvantages are lower power level for sideboard cards against combo and some other random stuff (no Earwig against Miracles, etc).

Oct 2017
    Oita, Japan

Unfortunately nothing crazy to report from the tournament. I went 2-2, losing to steel stompy and maverick, beating reanimator and UR landstill.

The steel stompy deck was crazy fast, and even with the amount of artifact removal I'm running it just wasn't enough. Also ravager makes everything more difficult.
    Maverick was close and I feel like I could have won, but they drew really well and got the combo off pretty fast. I was also not able to attack through their giant knight.

An interesting line I missed in the reanimator game was this:
    He has animate dead on a wurmcoil, which hit me once and is now tapped, and he has 1 blocker with no cards in hand. I have a vial on 2, a lackey in play, and a matron and stingscorger in hand. I ended up vialing in the stingscorger to bounce his wurmcoil and won the game anyways. I SHOULD have vialed in the stingscorger, bounced his blocker, cast matron for kiki-jiki, connected with lackey putting kiki-jiki into play and then tapped kiki-jiki to copy stingscorger to bounce his wurmcoil.

Also one more interesting thing was me having only kiki-jiki and mogg war marshal in play, and coming back from a huge disadvantage. Turns out copying mogg war marshal every turn is really busted.

Two Goblins decks made Day 2 at SCG Syracuse!

44th place, Rob Nelson: http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/127399

51st place, Douglas Leek: http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/127391

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

So many Cavern of Souls, and so few Gempalm Incinerators. I honestly feel like Cavern is an unnecessary luxury at this point, and point removal that can get rid of threats should take priority.

Then again, I'm also thinking about running Chaos Warp in my SB for random annoying permanents, so my opinions may be very left of center.

Quote Originally Posted by zebhillard View Post
    So many Cavern of Souls, and so few Gempalm Incinerators. I honestly feel like Cavern is an unnecessary luxury at this point, and point removal that can get rid of threats should take priority.

Then again, I'm also thinking about running Chaos Warp in my SB for random annoying permanents, so my opinions may be very left of center.
    The meta at SCG was absolutely crawling with Delver, we are still a deck that's trying to resolve multiple 4 drops ideally. I've played plenty of builds that go down to 3 Caverns, but cutting all of them seems terrible.

Dec 2014
    Decatur, GA

Quote Originally Posted by 1GoblinLackey View Post
    The meta at SCG was absolutely crawling with Delver, we are still a deck that's trying to resolve multiple 4 drops ideally. I've played plenty of builds that go down to 3 Caverns, but cutting all of them seems terrible.
    I still think trading one for one in the early games is fine, but I don't have nearly the amount of reps in as some of you do; so I'll cede the argument in look at my results as oriented thinking as opposed to actual analysis. I'm going to run back most of the same 75 at the end of this month. My plan includes cutting one Warchief for a Chieftan to have a 2nd Lord effect in the MD, and trimming two of the SB Boil's for Thorns, trimming 'something' for a pair of Graf Cages, as well as cutting one Piledriver from the SB in exchange for one Goblin King because there was a ton of all-in-red / Mountain-based things at my local. The glee I would get by Mountain-walking past a horde of Monk Tokens against UWr Miracles would be beyond my ability to describe, as well. It's likely a bad swap, but I play Goblins for my enjoyment, not to be super top tier competitive, so I'll enjoy it for a month.

I /might/ trim the 15th Mountain to put in a single Chrome Mox. It's something I've done before to play around with things in the mono-red build to no big drawback.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

I 5-0’d with a 3 Ringleader deck the other day. That was pretty cool. With all the high cmc utility Goblins I needed to cut a Ringleader just to keep the deck from getting too expensive. It seemed to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information