Page 21 of 332 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Card Blind

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    12 LL+0, a better version of my s2 deck, nice!
    I realized that this was extra strong with land destruction. Revoker was the cherry on the cake :) threat + anti threat.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Ugh forgot about this, here's round 3.

Opponent Deck Deck Deck Deck OtP OtD
    1. Asthereal (TO) City of Traitors Chancellor of the Tangle Chancellor of the Tangle Eureka 1 1
    1. spartan117 Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge 1 1
    3. CptHaddock Smallpox Nether Spirit Lotus Petal Swamp 0 0
    4. Whoshim Lion's Eye Diamond Nether Spirit Bridge From Below Lingering Souls 0 0
    5. ronco Chancellor of the Tangle Aether Vial Island Force Spike 1 1
    6. Wrath of Pie Treetop Village Golgari Rot Farm Assassin's Trophy Elixir of Immortality 1 1
    7. PirateKing Academy Ruins Dimir Aqueduct Hangarback Walker Arcbound Ravager 1 1
    8. FTW Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth Mishra's Factory Hymn to Tourach Shrieking Affliction 0 0
    9. spirit of the wretch City of Traitors Lion's Eye Diamond Unburial Rites Inkwell Leviathan 1 1
    10. JackaBo City of traitors Steel overseer Steel overseer Steel overseer 1 1
    11. Ace/Homebrew Commandeer Force of Will Mental Misstep Memnite 0 0
    11. Tylert Ancient Tomb Field of ruins phyrexian revoker lupine prototype 1 1
    13. apple713 city of traitors elixir of immortality ratchet bomb lupine prototype 1 1
    14. H Unburial Rites Lion's Eye Diamond Inkwell Leviathan Plains 1 1
    15. kombatkiwi Karakas Lion's Eye Diamond Unburial Rites Angler Turtle 1 1

Total: 22
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Received 9 entries so far for round 4.
    The deadline is in less than 2 days, so don't wait too long.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Ugh forgot about this, here's round 3.

Opponent Deck Deck Deck Deck OtP OtD
    1. Asthereal (TO) City of Traitors Chancellor of the Tangle Chancellor of the Tangle Eureka 1 1
    1. spartan117 Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge Chancellor of the Forge 1 1
    3. CptHaddock Smallpox Nether Spirit Lotus Petal Swamp 0 0
    4. Whoshim Lion's Eye Diamond Nether Spirit Bridge From Below Lingering Souls 0 0
    5. ronco Chancellor of the Tangle Aether Vial Island Force Spike 1 1
    6. Wrath of Pie Treetop Village Golgari Rot Farm Assassin's Trophy Elixir of Immortality 1 1
    7. PirateKing Academy Ruins Dimir Aqueduct Hangarback Walker Arcbound Ravager 1 1
    8. FTW Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth Mishra's Factory Hymn to Tourach Shrieking Affliction 0 0
    9. spirit of the wretch City of Traitors Lion's Eye Diamond Unburial Rites Inkwell Leviathan 1 1
    10. JackaBo City of traitors Steel overseer Steel overseer Steel overseer 1 1
    11. Ace/Homebrew Commandeer Force of Will Mental Misstep Memnite 0 0
    11. Tylert Ancient Tomb Field of ruins phyrexian revoker lupine prototype 1 1
    13. apple713 city of traitors elixir of immortality ratchet bomb lupine prototype 1 1
    14. H Unburial Rites Lion's Eye Diamond Inkwell Leviathan Plains 1 1
    15. kombatkiwi Karakas Lion's Eye Diamond Unburial Rites Angler Turtle 1 1

Total: 22
    Lol i didnt realize i (and every other player it seems) can chose to do nothing and draw against you. I’ll edit my points!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Scores for round 3 are almost in.
    We have a discrepancy here:

7. PirateKing: Academy Ruins, Dimir Aqueduct, Hangarback Walker, Arcbound Ravager
    10. JackaBo: City of traitors, Steel overseer, Steel overseer, Steel overseer

Both players have entered their score as a 6-0 win.
    Can someone calculate this? The result matters.

If I calculate this quickly, I think JackaBo wins both times, as the engine allows to only recast Walker once every two turns.
    If JackaBo grows his Overseers to 2x 7/7 and 1x 6/6 and just attacks, I think he wins quite comfortably, even on the draw.
    But I might have missed something.

PS. About 20 hours until the deadline for round 4, and I have 13 entries now.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I've rescinded the points
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I've rescinded the points
    Excellent, thanks mate. I'll post standings here as soon as I find time.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Lol i didnt realize i (and every other player it seems) can chose to do nothing and draw against you. I’ll edit my points!
    Haha same here, turns out when you have perfect information you don't just randomly play into cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Received 9 entries so far for round 4.
    The deadline is in less than 2 days, so don't wait too long.
    Opps realized that I sent you my decklist twice. Both PMs should have the same list, I mislabeled my initial one as "CptHaddock 4CB S01R03".
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Edit: STANDINGS FOR ROUND 3:

Standing / Points
    1. JackaBo: 56, 5 season points
    2. Wrath of Pie: 55, 3 season points
    2. Tylert: 55, 3 season points
    4. spirit of the wretch: 54, 1 season point

5. H: 51
    6. Ace/Homebrew: 46
    7. apple713: 43
    8. Asthereal: 41
    9. FTW: 41
    10. kombatkiwi: 40
    11. PirateKing: 34
    12. Whoshim: 26
    13. spartan117: 22
    14. CptHaddock: 21
    15. ronco: 16

Congratz to JackaBo for taking this incredibly close round, and with it the lead for season 1!
    Also, Wrath of Pie and Tylert tie for second place, so they both pick up the full 3 season points.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-13-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL
    Last edited by Asthereal; 03-15-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal scores for round 4:

1. Asthereal: That's me: Mishra's Factory, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Mayor of Avabruck
    2. Wrath of Pie: I miscalculated the combo, and Ulamog does have annihilator, which is nasty. 0-6
    3. Whoshim: After some back and forth we found out that I lose this both games. 0-6
    4. CptHaddock: Punishing Fire kills your guy and I can pay upkeep for two creatures, so I win? 6-0
    5. JackaBo: Drop of Honey kills my guy, Pendelhaven protects your Nexus. So I have to go for Factory beats, but you can Field of Ruin that? 0-6
    6. Ace/Homebrew: You Unmask my Mayor. I Punishing Fire your token. You Pyrokinesis my Factory. No wincons left. 2-2
    7. spirit of the wretch: Bridge lands in time. I die to Megaliths? 0-6
    8. Strawberry Dwarf: Wow... Uh... We both make a 2/2 guy every turn, but every other turn I get to blow one up, so I win? 6-0
    9. Tylert: Turn one Sphere stops Fire. Chronomatron races Factory. 0-6
    10. FTW: Turn one Sphere stops Fire. Chronomatron races Factory. 0-6
    11. H: Mind Swords deck beats my deck easily. Or Encroach. Doesn't matter. 0-6
    12. apple713: You Trophy my shit. Any wincon will do afterwards. 0-6
    13. PirateKing: Punishing Fire actually kills your entire board. 6-0
    14. kombatkiwi: Iona calls green. Factory won't race the beats. 0-6

Total: 20 points

My calcs for the race against Whoshim were wrong. And I lost.
    My calcs for the Shelldock combo were also wrong. And I lost that one as well.
    This isn't going as planned.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

My deck: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer

Opponent Deck OTP OTD Explanation
    1. Asthereal *Mishra's Factory,*Grove of the Burnwillows,*Punishing Fire,*Mayor of Avabruck W W You can't beat Scepter Trophy
    2. Wrath of Pie *Shelldock Isle,*Chronomaton,*Lion's Eye Diamond,*Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre W W I don’t actually know that your combo works because you have to have ulamog in your library when you play shelldock isle. According to the rules of shuffling you always draw worst case scenario which would be ulamog, chronomation, shelldock…
    3. Whoshim *Dwarven Hold,*Greater Gargadon,*Electrodominance,*Restore Balance W W Assassin's trophy is faster than dwarven hold even on the draw.
    4. CptHaddock *Cathedral of War*Inkmoth Nexus*Maze of Ith*The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale W W You can't beat Scepter Trophy
    5. JackaBo *Pendelhaven,*inkmoth nexus,*drop of honey,*field of ruin W W You can't beat Scepter Trophy
    6. Ace/Homebrew *Chancellor of the Forge,*Pyrokinesis,*Unmask,*Faerie Macabre D L Pyrokenesis can always kill overseer so he best I can hope for is draw and I only get that on the play.
    7. spirit of the wretch *Keldon Megaliths,*Rakdos Carnarium,*Kitesail Freebooter,*Ensnaring Bridge W W Assassin's trophy is faster than Rakdos Carnarium even on the draw.
    8. Strawberry Dwarf *City of Traitors,*Isochron Scepter,*Selesnya Charm,*Mental Misstep W W My scepter is better than your scepter :) Selesnya was my second choice tho cause it's a win con itself
    9. Tylert *Sphere of resistance,*chronomaton,*city of traitors,*field of ruins D L I think overseer and chronomaton can always block and kill eachother so it’s a draw since I can never get the advantage. Maybe I'm wrong
    10. FTW *City of Traitors,*Sphere of Resistance,*Chronomaton,*Chronomaton L L OTP: Although you are super slow to start I don’t think I can survive being blocked by both.
    11. H *Bayou,*Encroach,*Mind Swords,*Young Wolf W L Encroach takes my land on the draw by Steel Overseerk is bigger on the play and wins
    12. apple713 *City of Traitors,*Isochron Scepter,*Assassin's Trophy,*Steel Overseer X X
    13. PirateKing *Cavern of Souls,*Noble Hierarch,*Nightshade Peddler.*Swiftblade Vindicator W W You can't beat Scepter Trophy
    14. kombatkiwi *Karakas,*Iona, Shield of Emeria,*Lion's Eye Diamond,*Unburial Rites L L I can't beat Iona. She's too fast for Steel Overseer :(

17 W + 2 D = 53 Points
    Last edited by apple713; 03-13-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Asthereal scores for round 4:
    My calcs for the race against Whoshim:

You:
    1 Play Hold
    2 Hold=1
    3 Untap Hold, Suspend Gargadon
    4 Hold=1
    5 Hold=2
    6 Cast Electrodominance and Restore Balance

Me:
    1 Land
    2 Land, Mayor (21 life)
    3 Mayor flips, attack for 5 (16 life), make 1x 2/2 token
    4 Attack for 7 (9 life), make 2nd 2/2 token
    5 Attack for 9 (dead)

Your play with suspending Gargadon first is too slow even on the play, so you have to leave Gargadon in hand and cast Restore Balance ASAP.
    My hand will be empty by then if I just cast Punishing Fire on your life, so you will have to discard your Gargadon when Balance resolves. Two draws?
    I believe that I can do the following:

1 Play Hold
    2 Hold=1
    3 Hold=2
    4 Hold=3
    5 Tap Hold for 3 red. Suspend Gargadon, Cast Electro, Cast Restore Balance

This would get you before your turn 5.

Am I correct, or did I miss something?

EDIT:

I also think I may have you when I am on the draw, because you have to play out Punishing Fire or I get to keep Gargadon in hand after Restore Balance. If you play out Punishing Fire, you miss lethal by I, I think.

You // Me
    1 Land // Dwarven Hold
    2 Land, Mayor (21 life) // Dwarven Hold to 1
    3 Mayor flips, attack for 5 (16 life), make 1x 2/2 token // Dwarven Hold to 2
    4 Attack for 7 (9 life), make 2nd 2/2 token // Tap for 2 mana. Cast Electro. Cast Restore Balance. We each have 1 land and 1 card in hand. I can suspend Gargadon and win eventually.

Alternatively:
    4 Attack for 5 (11 life), cast Punishing Fire (10 life) make 2nd 2/2 token // Dwarven Hold to 3
    5 Attack for 9 (1 life) // Tap Dwarven Hold for 3. Suspend Gargadon, Sac Dwarven Hold to Gargadon, Cast Electro, Cast Restore Balance Nothing is left in the game except Gargadon.

So I think I win both on the play and the draw.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

7. spirit of the wretch: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Kitesail Freebooter, Ensnaring Bridge

1. Asthereal: Mishra's Factory, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Mayor of Avabruck
    - Mayor & Factory can't kill me before Bridge comes down. Grove doesn't deal damage to me as I gain two life off Grove for every shot. 6-0

2. Wrath of Pie: Shelldock Isle, Chronomaton, Lion's Eye Diamond, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    - This idea is brilliant! Ulamog beats Bridge 0-6

3. Whoshim: Dwarven Hold, Greater Gargadon, Electrodominance, Restore Balance
    - Freebooter races hold, I can take Electrodominance and get Bridge down. I believe this list would be better with Sandstone Needle. 6-0

4. CptHaddock: Cathedral of War Inkmoth Nexus Maze of Ith The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    - Nexus can't kill me before Bridge comes down. 6-0

5. JackaBo: Pendelhaven, inkmoth nexus, drop of honey, field of ruin
    - I can't get Bridge down before the Field does its thing 0-6

6. Ace/Homebrew: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Unmask, Faerie Macabre
    - The Goblin can't kill me before Megaliths shoot it. 6-0

8. Strawberry Dwarf: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Selesnya Charm, Mental Misstep
    - Charm can't kill me before Bridge comes down. 6-0

9. Tylert: Sphere of resistance, chronomaton, city of traitors, field of ruins
    - I can't get Bridge down before the Field does its thing 0-6

10. FTW: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Chronomaton, Chronomaton
    - I can't get Bridge down before the Sphere does its thing 0-6

11. H: Bayou, Encroach, Mind Swords, Young Wolf
    - Somuch hate... 0-6

12. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer
    - Somuch hate... 0-6

13. PirateKing: Cavern of Souls, Noble Hierarch, Nightshade Peddler. Swiftblade Vindicator
    - Swiftblade Vindicator can't kill me before Bridge comes down. 6-0

14. kombatkiwi: Karakas, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites
    - On the play I get Bridge down in time but can't cast Freebooter and get Hellbent. On the draw I don't 1-4

=> 37 that did not go well...
    Last edited by spirit of the wretch; 03-15-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    I believe that I can do the following:

1 Play Hold
    2 Hold=1
    3 Hold=2
    4 Hold=3
    5 Tap Hold for 3 red. Suspend Gargadon, Cast Electro, Cast Restore Balance

This would get you before your turn 5.

Am I correct, or did I miss something?
    EDIT: Nope. I forgot another thing:
    If I want you to discard Gargadon for the draw, I have to cast Punishing Fire. That gains you a second life and leaves you at 1 life after my attack for turn 5.

So you win them both. This format is hard.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

1. Asthereal: (Mishra's Factory, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Mayor of Avabruck)
    I believe that Encroach gets you here, since no matter which land you play fist, taking the other strands the rest of the cards. 6-0 (6)
    2. Wrath of Pie: (Shelldock Isle, Chronomaton, Lion's Eye Diamond, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre)
    On the play, if I Encroach, LED pitching Ulamog just shuffles it all back. So, I think I'd have the lead with Wolf into Mind Swords. At that point, I don't think he could win, since any other card besides Chrono being exiled would mean he loses. On the draw, I think I just lose to the combo. 3-3 (9)
    3. Whoshim: (Dwarven Hold, Greater Gargadon, Electrodominance, Restore Balance)
    On the play, Encroach taking Hold will win. On the draw though, he has to play his land out, or I Encroach it again. So, then Wolf into Swords mean he can only keep one card, which if it's Electodominance, he can't win, only draw by killing Wolf. If he keeps Gargadon and suspends it on his turn 3 and sac's the Hold, that is 8 turns until he has Garadon to block with, so I think it is a draw. 4-1 (13)
    4. CptHaddock: (Cathedral of War Inkmoth Nexus Maze of Ith The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale)
    On the play, if I Encroach Nexus, it would be a draw. But if I Encroach Maze, he has to play out Nexus, or I'd Mind Swords it away. If he does, I Wolf into Swords, and then take the Cathedral, which means he has no extra mana to activate Nexus. So, I think this is a win for me in the play. On the draw though, he can lead with Nexus, but then I Encroach the Cathedral and again, he wouldn't be able to attack. So, I think we can only draw when I'm on the Draw. 4-1 (17)
    5. JackaBo: (Pendelhaven, inkmoth nexus, drop of honey, field of ruin)
    On the play, I can Encroach the Pendlehaven. In any case, he can't get more than one land before I Wolf into Swords, so he can't activate Nexus. On the draw, he can start on Nexus, and even if I Swords, he can keep the Pendlehaven. So, if I Encroach and take the Pendlehaven, I am a turn too slow with Wolf to race. 3-3 (20)
    6. Ace/Homebrew: (Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Unmask, Faerie Macabre)
    Nope, just can't beat that in any case. 0-6 (20)
    7. spirit of the wretch: (Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Kitesail Freebooter, Ensnaring Bridge)
    On the play, I Encroach the Carnarium and win. On the draw, it's actually the same, because Megaliths has to be played first. 6-0 (26)
    8. Strawberry Dwarf: (City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Selesnya Charm, Mental Misstep)
    Misstep actually just wrecks me, can't win on the play or the draw. 0-6 (26)
    9. Tylert: (Sphere of resistance, chronomaton, city of traitors, field of ruins)
    I directly lose to Sphere, so I have to Encroach the City on the play. I think in every case, I lose to Chrono. 0-6 (26)
    10. FTW: (City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Chronomaton, Chronomaton)
    On the play, I Encroach City and win. On the play I lose. 3-3 (29)
    11. H: (Bayou, Encroach, Mind Swords, Young Wolf)
    Bye: Myself
    12. apple713: (City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer)
    On the play, I Encroach City and win. On the draw, I'd lose to the Overseer. 3-3 (32)
    13. PirateKing: (Cavern of Souls, Noble Hierarch, Nightshade Peddler. Swiftblade Vindicator)
    On the play, I Encroach Cavern and win. On the draw, he has to Cavern into Hierarch, which means Mind Swords snags the two creatures that could win. 6-0 (38)
    14. kombatkiwi: (Karakas, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites)
    On the play, Encroach takes Karakas and I win. On the draw, it's all too fast and I lose. 3-3 (41)

So, looks like 41 for me. Encroach is silly. Let me know if I made any glaring mistakes, as I haven't had coffee yet this morning.
    Last edited by H; 03-13-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    W W 2. Wrath of Pie I don’t actually know that your combo works because you have to have ulamog in your library when you play shelldock isle. According to the rules of shuffling you always draw worst case scenario which would be ulamog, chronomation, shelldock…
    Play LED, play Shelldock, responde to the Hideaway trigger by cracking LED, shuffle LED, Ulamog and Chronomaton into your deck.
    Resolve Hideaway trigger => get Ulamog.
    next turn draw and play chronomaton
    thebn draw and play LED, crack Shelldock => Ulamog
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

EDIT: Nope. I forgot another thing:
    If I want you to discard Gargadon for the draw, I have to cast Punishing Fire. That gains you a second life and leaves you at 1 life after my attack for turn 5.

So you win them both. This format is hard.
    You typed this up as I was typing up my edit.

Yeah, this format is really hard.

Our match came down to the slimmest of margins.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    You typed this up as I was typing up my edit.

Yeah, this format is really hard.

Our match came down to the slimmest of margins.
    Yeah it is. One life gets me...

3. Whoshim: Dwarven Hold, Greater Gargadon, Electrodominance, Restore Balance

Turn 1 - DH
    Turn 2 - 1 mana
    Turn 3 - Suspend or 2 mana
    Turn 4 - Electrodominance (with 1 in my hand) or 3 mana
    Turn 5 - Cast everything

6-0 1. Asthereal: Mishra's Factory, Grove of the Burnwillows, Punishing Fire, Mayor of Avabruck

0-6 2. Wrath of Pie: Shelldock Isle, Chronomaton, Lion's Eye Diamond, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

6-0 4. CptHaddock: Cathedral of War Inkmoth Nexus Maze of Ith The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale I can combo out on turn 5 to make you sacrifice all of your lands and cards in hand. Gargadon eventually comes out of suspend. I think the fastest you can win is turn 7.

0-6 5. JackaBo: Pendelhaven, inkmoth nexus, drop of honey, field of ruin

2-2 6. Ace/Homebrew: Chancellor of the Forge, Pyrokinesis, Unmask, Faerie Macabre Draw each way. If you take Electrodominance, Gargadon comes down in time to win. If you take Gargadon, I have to use ED to kill your Goblin token, so we draw.

0-6 7. spirit of the wretch: Keldon Megaliths, Rakdos Carnarium, Kitesail Freebooter, Ensnaring Bridge

0-6 8. Strawberry Dwarf: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Selesnya Charm, Mental Misstep

0-6 9. Tylert: Sphere of resistance, chronomaton, city of traitors, field of ruins

4-1 10. FTW: City of Traitors, Sphere of Resistance, Chronomaton, Chronomaton [PREVIOUS REASON, BUT WRONG:The sphere delays my combo by two turns (so turn 7), but you still cannot beat me before then, from what I can tell.] UPDATE: I can win on the play, but on the draw I must use Restore Balance before I can suspend Gargadon, so it is a draw (see the discussion on the following pages).

1-4 11. H: Bayou, Encroach, Mind Swords, Young Wolf

0-6 12. apple713: City of Traitors, Isochron Scepter, Assassin's Trophy, Steel Overseer

6-0 13. PirateKing: Cavern of Souls, Noble Hierarch, Nightshade Peddler. Swiftblade Vindicator You are not able to deal 20 damage before my turn 5 on the play or draw.

0-6 14. kombatkiwi: Karakas, Iona, Shield of Emeria, Lion's Eye Diamond, Unburial Rites

Total 27

Spirit of the Wretch, you are right that Sandstone Needle makes it much better. I forgot about those lands. That improves the combo turn quite a bit and gives more options to draw. Thanks!
    Last edited by Whoshim; 03-14-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Thread Information