Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Throne of Eldraine Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Marit Lage
    Unfortunately it's a sorcery so you'd need to make it so they have a reason to have to make Lage on their turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Whatever the opposite of a hate bear is?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    Whatever the opposite of a hate bear is?
    So it's there a glut of thrones on Eldraine? Because the sets name implied there was only one.

May 2015
    PDX

Time for the disney recap:
    Prince Charming - Cinderella (white)
    Prince Ferdinand - Snow White (seems like a swamp thing)
    The Beast - Beauty and the beast (green)
    Prince Phillip - Sleeping Beauty (prolly blue)
    red doesn't get a prince b/c red = barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Time for the disney recap:
    Prince Charming - Cinderella (white)
    Prince Ferdinand - Snow White (seems like a swamp thing)
    The Beast - Beauty and the beast (green)
    Prince Phillip - Sleeping Beauty (prolly blue)
    red doesn't get a prince b/c red = barbarians.
    Blue prince got turned into a frog.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Blue prince got turned into a frog.
    Well that frog leg salad suddenly just explained the bulimia issue the princess had to work through.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Any set with a card named "Powerful Heave" showing a dude suplexing a bear is a winner in my book. (Sorry can't pull a pic now). Repeat, A DUDE SUPLEXING A BEAR!
    I'm going to build a deck with nothing but cards named after fighting moves, i.e. Savage Punch, etc.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    Any set with a card named "Powerful Heave" showing a dude suplexing a bear is a winner in my book. (Sorry can't pull a pic now). Repeat, A DUDE SUPLEXING A BEAR!
    I'm going to build a deck with nothing but cards named after fighting moves, i.e. Savage Punch, etc.
    I liked the temporary translation of "bear suplex" myself.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    You could also mindslaver lock someone. Or tangle wire shenanigans. I want to build mono U stacks with her.
    I can feel with you... If only the lock wouldn't cost 10 mana.
    I am pretty sure it will see play in Mono U Painter.

Some of the art spoiled today is really quite nice

So what's with the alt art adventures? How do you get one of them instead of a normal adventure art?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

@Charming Prince: I'm not feeling it. The utility is nice and all, but he's just a bear and the effects aren't really THAT strong. It certainly isn't a Knight of Autumn which can generate CA or become a 4/3. Maybe with Soulherder or Eldrazi Displacer for value gain, but even then, there should be better options than that.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    Why can't we have a green walker that has no special abilties other than bruteforcing every threat with raw physical violence, whether it's punching Eldrazi or supplexing dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    So what's with the alt art adventures? How do you get one of them instead of a normal adventure art?
    They come in the more expensive collector's packs. It's a whole thing they're doing going forward from this set.

Isn't this just better than Grim Tutor for ANT, since it can be broken up into 1B + 1 over two turns instead of 1BB on one turn? It may actually be faster than it looks, considering it's an artifact for Mox Opal.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Isn't this just better than Grim Tutor for ANT, since it can be broken up into 1B + 1 over two turns instead of 1BB on one turn? It may actually be faster than it looks, considering it's an artifact for Mox Opal.
    Main argument is past in flames.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post

Can this be abused in some sort of Storm deck to fetch the kill spell?
    This seems like a Paradoxical Outcome Vintage card. Cast PO targetting Wishclaw, hold priority, activate Wishclaw tutoring for another PO, Wishclaw returns to your hand, rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Jander78; 09-11-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: added tags

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    This seems like a Paradoxical Outcome Vintage card. Cast PO targetting Wishclaw, hold priority, activate Wishclaw tutoring for another PO, Wishclaw returns to your hand, rinse and repeat.
    PO says "target permanents you control". If the wishclaw resolved even with the po on the stack you wouldn't control it anymore. Making it an illegal Target. However this is easily rectified by changing the order here and activating the wishclaw, holding priority, then casting PO.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

https://i.redd.it/o8nb2u9qhyl31.jpg

P/T isn't confirmed yet, but the ability is certainly an interesting one, especially with token generators like Bitterblossom or Ophiomancer.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    They come in the more expensive collector's packs. It's a whole thing they're doing going forward from this set.
    This is not 100% correct. This is a deep dive, so let me give the tl;dr!

There are two types of packs now. Draft Booster Packs (which are rebranded Regular booster packs) and Collector Booster packs.

Here's what appears where!

DRAFT/REGULAR BOOSTER PACKS:
    Mythic: Regular Planeswalkers, Foil Regular Planeswalkers, Alternate Art Planeswalkers, Foil Alternate Art Planeswalkers
    Mythics/Rare/Uncommon: Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Alternate Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Alternate Frame Adventure Cards (There are 2 Mythics, 5 Rares and 9 Uncommons with Adventure Frame)
    Common: Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Alternate Frame Adventure cards (There are 14 Commons with Adventure Frame)
    NOTE: Non-Foil *COMMON* Alternate Frame Adventure Cards do NOT appear in Regular Booster packs!

COLLECTOR PACKS:
    Slot 1: Non-Foil Rare or Mythic with Extended Art. There are 10 Mythics and 48 Rares in the set that have extended art (All of the cards that aren't Adventures or Planeswalkers), and this is the only place where they appear in Extended Art
    Slot 2: FOIL Rare/Mythic - *ANY* Rare or Mythic, any version can appear here. This includes all of the variants in a Regular booster, all of the regular foil versions of cards, *AND* the only place where foil Extended art cards (from Slot #1) appear.
    Slots #3-11: Foil C/U - Any 9 Foil C/U from the set (including alternate-frame Adventure cards)
    Slot #12-14: 3x Special-Frame non-Foil cards. This includes the 3 Planeswalkers, and all 30 Adventure cards. *THIS IS THE ONLY SLOT THAT HAS NON-FOIL ALTERNATE FRAME ADVENTURE CARDS*
    Slot #15: 1x Non-Foil Ancillary card. This is any card that appears in a Brawl or Planeswalker deck, or the Buy-A-Box promo. *THIS IS THE ONLY SLOT THAT HAS A NON-FOIL PLANESWALKER DECK PLANESWALKER, NON-FOIL BRAWL COMMANDER, Or NON-FOIL BUY A BOX PROMO)
    Slot #16: Foil token. This is the only way to get a foil token from Thrones. 19 of the 20 tokens will appear in this slot (The Garruk Emblem will not)

Hope this clears things up!

Super TL;DR
    Mythic/Rare/Uncommon Alternate Frame adventure cards appear in regular Boosters in both Foil & Non-Foil versions.
    Common Alternate Frame adventure cards appear in Foil in regular Boosters, but do NOT appear in non-foil in regular boosters!

This is not 100% correct. This is a deep dive, so let me give the tl;dr!

There are two types of packs now. Draft Booster Packs (which are rebranded Regular booster packs) and Collector Booster packs.

Here's what appears where!

DRAFT/REGULAR BOOSTER PACKS:
    Mythic: Regular Planeswalkers, Foil Regular Planeswalkers, Alternate Art Planeswalkers, Foil Alternate Art Planeswalkers
    Mythics/Rare/Uncommon: Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Alternate Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Alternate Frame Adventure Cards (There are 2 Mythics, 5 Rares and 9 Uncommons with Adventure Frame)
    Common: Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Regular Frame Adventure Cards, Foil Alternate Frame Adventure cards (There are 14 Commons with Adventure Frame)
    NOTE: Non-Foil *COMMON* Alternate Frame Adventure Cards do NOT appear in Regular Booster packs!

COLLECTOR PACKS:
    Slot 1: Non-Foil Rare or Mythic with Extended Art. There are 10 Mythics and 48 Rares in the set that have extended art (All of the cards that aren't Adventures or Planeswalkers), and this is the only place where they appear in Extended Art
    Slot 2: FOIL Rare/Mythic - *ANY* Rare or Mythic, any version can appear here. This includes all of the variants in a Regular booster, all of the regular foil versions of cards, *AND* the only place where foil Extended art cards (from Slot #1) appear.
    Slots #3-11: Foil C/U - Any 9 Foil C/U from the set (including alternate-frame Adventure cards)
    Slot #12-14: 3x Special-Frame non-Foil cards. This includes the 3 Planeswalkers, and all 30 Adventure cards. *THIS IS THE ONLY SLOT THAT HAS NON-FOIL ALTERNATE FRAME ADVENTURE CARDS*
    Slot #15: 1x Non-Foil Ancillary card. This is any card that appears in a Brawl or Planeswalker deck, or the Buy-A-Box promo. *THIS IS THE ONLY SLOT THAT HAS A NON-FOIL PLANESWALKER DECK PLANESWALKER, NON-FOIL BRAWL COMMANDER, Or NON-FOIL BUY A BOX PROMO)
    Slot #16: Foil token. This is the only way to get a foil token from Thrones. 19 of the 20 tokens will appear in this slot (The Garruk Emblem will not)

Hope this clears things up!

Super TL;DR
    Mythic/Rare/Uncommon Alternate Frame adventure cards appear in regular Boosters in both Foil & Non-Foil versions.
    Common Alternate Frame adventure cards appear in Foil in regular Boosters, but do NOT appear in non-foil in regular boosters!
    WotC really knows how to make buying products excessively complicated...

Thread Information