View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1087 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 875879871037107710831084108510861087108810891090109110971137 ... LastLast
Results 21,721 to 21,740 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Seems like a healthy top 8, all decks you can choose to easily beat with a few SB slots. Besides, it‘s always nice to see a top 8 full of decks that are trying to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Seems like a healthy top 8, all decks you can choose to easily beat with a few SB slots. Besides, it‘s always nice to see a top 8 full of decks that are trying to do something.
    Four outta eight being the same deck isn't healthy, lol

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Four outta eight being the same deck isn't healthy, lol
    It's also Depths, their deck has too many moving pieces to adapt to defend itself. If people want to beat it, they can. It doesn't really have intrinsic staying power and even among tier 1-1.5 decks, it's got pretty horrid matchups vs Lands and DnT. If we're giving Depths enough credit to routinely keep Wrenn decks out of top 8s by itself, just snipe 'em with a DnT meta call.

Yeah, let's ban the deck that had less than half the top 8 representation as the top deck last month lul

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    It's also Depths, their deck has too many moving pieces to adapt to defend itself. If people want to beat it, they can. It doesn't really have intrinsic staying power and even among tier 1-1.5 decks, it's got pretty horrid matchups vs Lands and DnT. If we're giving Depths enough credit to routinely keep Wrenn decks out of top 8s by itself, just snipe 'em with a DnT meta call.
    Problem is that D&T has a pretty rough match up versus Wrenn and six decks...

Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=22880&f=LE

ya, dark depths isn't broken
    Seems fine to me. Also I always find Asia meta seems to set off down its own path for some reason and we might not see quite the same trends in Europe or NA.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Jesus fucking Christ, can everyone get their left nut to tell their right nut to calm down. Dark Depths is not a bannable card in legacy.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Problem is that D&T has a pretty rough match up versus Wrenn and six decks...
    Right, so if Wrenn loses to Depths, and Depths loses to DnT, and DnT loses to Wrenn...then there's no issue. In reality though, a Wrenn deck can beat both of these strategies with SB cards. Depths doing well every so often isn't that concerning, they have a ~15% winrate pre-loaded vs DnT (in the case that the deck was 'too good') and Crop Rot/Reclaimer/Hexmage/Mox/Depths/Stage is way too many slots invested in doing the thing to ward off a maindeck or sideboard strategy that wants to beat them.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Seems fine to me. Also I always find Asia meta seems to set off down its own path for some reason and we might not see quite the same trends in Europe or NA.
    Yeah, that meta was so known the #6 Dragon Stompy deck ran 2 maindeck Blood Sun over Magus of the Moon, likely as Depths hate.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, can everyone get their left nut to tell their right nut to calm down. Dark Depths is not a bannable card in legacy.
    No, you are objectively wrong. porcupinetreeman has shown us all the error of our ways and the card MUST BE BANNED FOR THE GOOD OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. Until you know, next month when it gets pushed out of the format and no one looks at it again for 3 months. But who cares that the deck is fragile to a land whos popularity is growing.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

No, you are objectively wrong. porcupinetreeman has shown us all the error of our ways and the card MUST BE BANNED FOR THE GOOD OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. Until you know, next month when it gets pushed out of the format and no one looks at it again for 3 months. But who cares that the deck is fragile to a land whos popularity is growing.
    Are you seriously saying that because one depths deck is being replaced by another depths deck everything is fine?

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Are you seriously saying that because one depths deck is being replaced by another depths deck everything is fine?
    Nope, I'm saying that since the best deck in the format is moving towards having Crop Rotation and Karakas, Depths is looking like it's going to have a harder time steamrolling events unaposed.

The only time things get banned in Legacy is when it's proven the format is unable to self correct. If this is seen as one of those times it's Wrenn that's more likely to be deemed an issue, not Depths.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

>W6/Plague Engineer is printed
    >Decks that play them push Depths worst matchups out of the format
    >Depths is good against these
    >Depths is played

Clearly Depths is inherently too good for legacy, the braintrust that is the source has done it again
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

I can't imagine Dark Depths being banned atm. There just aren't a ton of White decks for a few different reasons and those are the best cards for trying to interact with Turbo Depths. Once you see more Karakas and friends Depths will lose meta share.

New B&R announcement coming up. I'm pretty sure we are all aware of this song and dance. Nothing will change. There just aren't many cards on the ban list they could unban that would impact much of anything and a handful that wouldn't do much. Oh well.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I don't see any changes happening to Legacy. There isn't really any noise about anything being too good; there is some squeaking about Dark Depths in here, but it doesn't even come close to a saturation point for banning. There will always be a 'best' combo deck in Legacy whether it's Storm, Show and Tell, Reanimator, or Dark Depths. They take turns depending on metagame shifts (speaking of which, Storm is on the rise again due to the mid-range slugfests giving them a window.)

Modern I think has had enough shake-up lately to last about a year. I predict no changes there either.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2013

I have been watching vids of the Uzra deck, the Paradoxical one. While I do believe that no changes will be made this cycle the playstyle of the deck will force intervention soon. Even if it comes up against a natural predator I think it's strong enough to stay on the top tables and thus, be reacted to.

May 2015
    PDX

After laughing at how awful it was watching Golos in standard on SCG thing yesterday, I imagine Field of the Dead is getting the axe - sooner rather than later.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I have been watching vids of the Uzra deck, the Paradoxical one. While I do believe that no changes will be made this cycle the playstyle of the deck will force intervention soon. Even if it comes up against a natural predator I think it's strong enough to stay on the top tables and thus, be reacted to.
    This might be the final straw for Mox Opal. I don't think it will slow the deck down significantly with a ban, but it's been on their radar for a long time.
    Brainstorm Realist

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    This might be the final straw for Mox Opal. I don't think it will slow the deck down significantly with a ban, but it's been on their radar for a long time.
    Takes it from 7 Moxen to 4. I'm not sure that's good enough to change anything. No, I think Urza is the issue.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Takes it from 7 Moxen to 4. I'm not sure that's good enough to change anything. No, I think Urza is the issue.
    I'm out of touch...Mox Amber finally coming into it's own. Looks like it's a $50 card now. I also find it hilarious that it's still listed as a 'control' deck as Whir Prison on mtgtop8, lol. Emry is an insane addition to that deck. Sneaky combo deck is a combo deck, not a control deck.
    Brainstorm Realist

Thread Information