Thread: [Report] U/B 59-card Landstill Day 1 and Day 2 at TMLO #2

Clay Aiken
    Jun 2005
    Mooshie's Grove

[Report] U/B 59-card Landstill Day 1 and Day 2 at TMLO #2

So, I got this massive hard-on after overlord95 placed (cheated?) well at the Running GAGG tournament and I wanted to be like him, too.

Artifacts
    3 x Engineered Explosives
    2 x Crucible of Worlds

Enchantments
    1 x The Abyss
    4 x Standstill

Instants
    4 x Force of will
    4 x Counterspell
    3 x Stifle
    4 x Brainstorm
    2 x Fact or Fiction
    4 x Ghastly Demise

Sorceries
    3 x Damnation
    2 x Haunting Echoes

Lands
    4 x Islands
    2 x Swamps
    4 x Underground Sea
    4 x Polluted Delta
    1 x Flooded Strand
    1 x Bloodstained Mire
    4 x Wasteland
    4 x Mishra’s Factory

Sideboard
    4 x Duress
    4 x Flesh Reaver
    3 x Tsabo’s Decree
    4 x Dandan (YES IT’S SEXY TIME!!!)

Day ONE

Round 1 vs. ForceofWill playing Sun Tower
    WIN

Game 1 - I don't remember how I won, but I remember seeing a Mox Diamond, Taiga, and another dual in play. I thought he was playing DAL or something and don't bring anything in from the board.

Game 2 - I get caught with my pants down when he plays Uba Mask and I don't have a Force of Will! Later, he resolves Boil and I scoop.

Game 3 - I go Turn 2 Flesh Reaver + Turn 3 Standstill. I think he breaks Standstill at one point and during my turn I drop another Flesh Reaver and another Standstill?

Round 2 vs. Gro
    DRAW

Game 1 - I stabilize at 1 life and proceed to control the game, I think I win with Haunting Echoes.

Game 2 - I board in the Man Plan and proceed to lose way too much life from Flesh Reaver because he's got way more men than me. I actually lose this game, tsk, tsk.

Game 3 - Went to time because Game 1 and 2 took way too much time.

Round 3 vs. U/B Landstill Mirror
    LOSS

Game 1 - I think I play Haunting Echoes after we fight over his Crucible and it resolves. I believe he scooped?

Game 2 - I overthink myself and get real clever thinking he's going to board in the man plan so I keep all my creature removal. I have a bunch of dead cards because his Faerie Conclaves are beating my ass. He wins in short order.

Game 3 - I probably should've boarded in the Man Plan, but I overthink myself again thinking now he's going to board in the man plan. Again, I have a bunch of dead cards because he Faerie Conclaves are beating my ass. Siding out Standstill would've been the right play.

Round 4 vs. Affinity
    LOSS

Game 1 - His robotic men shoot out of a fucking cannon all over my face. Land, Worker, next turn, Land, Frogmite, Frogmite, next turn Chromatic Star, Chromatic Star, Disciple, Thoughcast, Thoughcast, next turn Cranial Plating, swing. I go through 3 Engineered Explosives and still fucking lose. Oh fucking well, I guess. Pffft.

Game 2 - In response to Damnation, he sacs 7-8 artifacts, I lose 14-16 life and he Flings Atog at my nuts. Ow.

Round 5 vs. ??? playing ???
    WIN

I remember going 2-3-1 this day, but I don't remember what the hell my second win was.

Round 6 vs. Mr. Nipples playing Red Death

Game 1 - Big threats + Disruption = Me Crying

Game 2 - I make the cardinal mistake of not putting stuff into play vs. black discard effects. There was an Engineered Explosives I could've played and a Standstill I could've played after clearing the board, but I didn't, so they got picked out of my hand.

I felt like I played awful on Day 1 and vowed to play better on Day 2. overlord95 and I were talking about Flesh Reaver and how it seemed to be the weakest sideboard card. We also discussed moving a single Haunting Echoes to the board for another Fact or Fiction. I really wanted another way to deal with Affinity and Man Lands so I changed the sideboard for Day 2. On a positive note, Mad Zur, Deep6er, and I win the fucking Trivia Contest! I take the 3 packs of Odyssey for my share of the prize because I'm such a nice guy.

Sideboard
    4 x Duress
    1 x Stifle
    3 x Powder Keg
    3 x Tsabo’s Decree
    4 x Dandan (YES IT’S SEXY TIME!!!)

Day TWO

Round 1 vs. Angel Stompy
    WIN

Game 1 - I stabilize at 1 freakin' life and proceed to control the board.

Game 2 - We go to time, can't finish, I win the match.

Round 2 vs. Justin Valley's Dark Boros
    LOSS

Game 1 - Lots of burn to the dome spells doom for me.

Game 2 - He breaks 3, maybe 4 Standstills, I Wastelock him, and I think I should've taken my time Game 2 because this is such an awful matchup for me. To escape with a Draw would've been much better than the beating I got in Game 3.

Game 3 - I'm doing the best I can to keep his board free of creatures, but then he resolves a Dark Confidant. On my Turn, I play a 3rd land and play Engineered Explosives for 2. On his Turn, he flips up Shattering Spree for the Confidant trigger. BOOOOOOO! He draws 5 or 6 extra cards and I get beat down.

Round 3 vs. Agent Cody Banks playing Goblins
    LOSS

I playtested plenty against Goblins pre-board and it was about 80-20 their favor. I figured Tsabo's Decree would help me out post-board...NOT!

Game 1 - Goblins v. Landstill, who do you think won?

Game 2 - Goblins v. Landstill (with Tsabo's Decree!), who do you think won?

By the end of the game, I did get to 5 mana, two of which were fetches. But I was dead on his turn. I harass overlord95 all day after that, telling him how much I hate him. Telling him he's wrong. Telling him he's wrong and I hate him. Mature, huh? I feel better when he's paired against Machinus next Round and get's his face planted firmly into the ass of Goblin Piledriver or two.

Round 4 vs. BYE
    WIN

I have no shot of getting into Top 8, but I'm determined to play this deck more and get more experience. Who knows, maybe I'll win some Top 16 prize?

Round 5 & 6 vs. Slay playing Wombat and another Landstill Mirror

I win both matches, here are the highlights from both.

Slay playing Wombat

-He earns a match loss for not showing up after 5 minutes. He said he forgot about Top 16 prizes.
    -As he shuffles his deck for an Eternal Dragon effect, I see at least two Swords to Plowshares in his deck. I attack with Mishra's Factory which gets the StP Treatment and during his own turn, he leave Dragon in the yard and plays Abeyance, which I counter. He passes the turn and I...
    -Haunting Echoes targeting him taking a total of 4 Swords to Plowshares, 4 Abeyance, 4 Eternal Dragon, and 3 Humility

Landstill Mirror

-I screw up and play Standstill knowing full well he's playing Decree of Justice. I figured since I Wasted three of his Mishra's, it was a sorta safe thing to do.
    -Later, he breaks my Standstill with a Standstill of his own. We fight over it and it resolves. During my turn I break his Standstill with Crucible of Worlds and it resolves!
    -I think for a while about why he didn't counter the Crucible. I go for the throat and cast Haunting Echoes targeting him and he scoops!
    -Game 2 goes to time and Ray points that Engineered Explosives doesn't kill manlands. Oops! How would that have affected our game?

Final Standings
    Allen Sorensen 11th place

Prize
    2x Draft Sets

This deck needs a way to beat Goblins, bad. It'd be nice if it had a way to beat Solidarity as well, but I don't think you can have both. I'm considering running 4x Engineered Plague in the main after talking with that one guy I picked up from the train station who played Tog. I think it's at least worth a shot in the board over Tsabo's Decree.

Props
    M'man Ewokslayer, I missed j00!
    Ray for running another fab fucking tournament
    Machinus!
    Machinus's Girlfriend!
    Hot ass waitresses and hostesses at the 99 Pub in Stratford
    M'man SLAMwar for driving us back in the wee hours of the morning
    M'man Mr. Nipples for driving us back in the wee hours of the morning
    Cavius the Great for busting out some sick NWA shit!

Slops
    The Econo Lodge for giving us a shitty room
    Us for not caring about the shitty room after they gave us a nice room
    Tsabo's Decree
    Ugly ass bitches in and around Yale University
    Yale University for being in the fucking ghetto
    Seriously, what the fuck is up with New Haven and the ugly ass bitches?
    My boys for drooling over Angel of Despair
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeless View Post
    Your Source for Hurt Feelings and Naming Cats.

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

Re: [Report] U/B 59-card Landstill Day 1 and Day 2 at TMLO #2

Ah Urbahn. You're tournament report was making me wet, but It was great from what I read. Yeah.. Goblins is a kick to the nuts isn't it? It was good seeing you again!
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

The board frightens me, but I absolutely love the Abyss tech. Nice deck all around, it resembles one I was tinkering with, but a lot more refined.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

So yea, Plague>Tsabo's Decree much? I mean, Plague+counters IS good, especially if people decide they want to hate on enchantress with Tranquil Domain :D

?
    Dec 2003
    High stakes cash games

yah you forgot to mention game 1 the only spell I played was mox diamond and game 2 i never hit 3 lands and I play 26. =\
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

Too lazy to post.

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

I'm in a toss up between EE and Tsabo's Decree. Yes EE comes down three turns sooner than Tsabo's Decree, but Goblins can still win with Engineered Explosives on the board. Not to mention, they can also kill it if they run a splashed color. I have tested Decree and really liked it, because if you cast it you win the game almost. The damage done by Tsabo's Decree is uber to the effect of an Engineered Plague. Yes it is horribly slow, but with counters, Ghastly Demises, Stifles on Matron's, Lackey trigger, Ringleader Etc., I don't find it odd to live long enough to windmill down a Tsabo's Decree. I could be wrong, but I would still give Tsabo's Decree a chance.

EDIT: Forgot Wasteland and Rishadan Port existed. Maybe Decree is too slow.....
    Last edited by NANTUKO_SHADY; 03-07-2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Duhhh
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

rating is higher than yours
    Sep 2006
    Rachacha, NY

In our game you had me playing around plague the entire game. I would have won a turn or two earlier if I knew you sided in decree.

Old Dirty Bastard Unicorn
    Jan 2004
    Arlington, VA

So, I got this massive hard-on after overlord95 placed (cheated?) well at the Running GAGG tournament and I wanted to be like him, too.
    HA, that’s so getting sigged, cuz seriously who doesn’t want to be like Scott. And remember the tech against Solidarity isn’t to play to more cards it’s to play less.

By the end of the game, I did get to five mana, two of which were fetches. But I was dead on his turn. I harass overlord95 all day after that, telling him how much I hate him. Telling him he's wrong. Telling him he's wrong and I hate him. Mature, huh?
    He, don’t worry about it I expect as much from someone who loves a 12 year olds tossed salad from Fuddruckers.

I feel better when he's paired against Machinus next Round and get's his face planted firmly into the ass of Goblin Piledriver or two.
    To be fair in my defense when you mull to 5 game 1 and then never see a black source game 2 it really doesn’t matter what you board in.

Props
    Hot ass waitresses and hostesses at the 99 Pub in Stratford
    She did have a fatty didn’t she. But she looked really pissed to be there, and omg it would have fuckin hilarious if Dave g asked her when she got off work.

Slops
    The Econo Lodge for giving us a shitty room
    More like slops to them giving use two different shitty rooms.
    Proud Member of The Unicorn Mafia
    Once your in the only way out is in a wooden box.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

My boys for drooling over Angel of Despair
    I don't know why people keep saying this. Seriously.

Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    So yea, Plague>Tsabo's Decree much? I mean, Plague+counters IS good, especially if people decide they want to hate on enchantress with Tranquil Domain :D
    Yo, fuck enchantress hate.

@ Abyss: I never realized that gaagadooch (spell?) could have gotten around my null chamber on Engineered Explosives by leaving it in his deck. Enchant Worlds FTW.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Instant Bacon
    Dec 2005
    MN, US

Props for running 4x Dandan in the board.

Thread Information