Thread: Counterbalance

Chief Head Chief of the Department of Redundancy Department
    Dec 2005
    Massachusetts

Counterbalance

I have a Counterbalance in play. My opponent plays a Lotus Petal and I reveal the top card of my library: an Island. Is the Lotus Petal countered?

Same scenario, except I reveal an Evermind. Is Lotus Petal countered?

?
    Dec 2003
    High stakes cash games

Re: Counterbalance

island would counter the lotus petal.
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

Too lazy to post.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Yes. For the purposes of examining their converted mana cost, their CMC is 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Sep 2005
    Boston, MA

Island also counters facedown angel, sadness :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by tsabo_tavoc
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it is my wording that has made you unpleasant. My fears were something like Angel Stompy ruling Legacy.

Nice, I got to have counterbalance. ^_^

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Quote Originally Posted by radley View Post
    Nice, I got to have counterbalance. ^_^
    I know!!! It's so strong ^_^

Nice, are you in love with me? You have been following my posts and now you're spamming. Hooray for you Buttyboy. Sarcasm is great isn't it? You'll say it in sarcasm because it's not cool for you then when you realise that the card is really nice then you can say you mean what you said.

I can see counterbalance destroying almost all of the combo decks out there.

Trop -> Nacatl Pass
    Dec 2003
    SUNY Geneseo

Nice, are you in love with me? You have been following my posts and now you're spamming. Hooray for you Buttyboy. Sarcasm is great isn't it? You'll say it in sarcasm because it's not cool for you then when you realise that the card is really nice then you can say you mean what you said.

I can see counterbalance destroying almost all of the combo decks out there.
    You minsunderstand. Why don't you read my post before you flame me. God. I didn't flame. You're just spamming me. Listen before you respond. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    You minsunderstand. Why don't you read my post before you flame me. God. I didn't flame. You're just spamming me. Listen before you respond. ^_^
    LOL ^_^ Your last message isn't even connected to this thread. Spam FTW? I didn't said you flamed me did I? Or is that your intention? You can't listen in the forum, it has no sound. You can try listening ^_^ but you'll end up reading.

Have you guys seen trinket angels deck? Counterbalance and divining top is a nice combination.

LOL ^_^ Your last message isn't even connected to this thread. Spam FTW? I didn't said you flamed me did I? Or is that your intention? You can't listen in the forum, it has no sound. You can try listening ^_^ but you'll end up reading.

Have you guys seen trinket angels deck? Counterbalance and divining top is a nice combination.
    Radley, to be honest, you're the one spamming all the time. ^_^

And about the counterbalance-top: I think most people already knew that combo. ^_^

Greetzzzz,
    Alex ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Van_R View Post
    Radley, to be honest, you're the one spamming all the time. ^_^

And about the counterbalance-top: I think most people already knew that combo. ^_^

Greetzzzz,
    Alex ^_^
    Most people, not all. I want all people to know about it ^_^ so the magic world will be happy. LOL, lots of pro players(or are they?) are ganging up on me. Well, same names as expected.

Most people, not all. I want all people to know about it ^_^ so the magic world will be happy. LOL, lots of pro players(or are they?) are ganging up on me. Well, same names as expected.
    Don't you think it's kinda logic that they're doing that? I sent you a message about a week ago, did you read it? It should make sure that you don't do anything wrong so you won't get flamed. ^_^

And please, radley, stop using that frigging emoticon! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Van_R View Post
    Don't you think it's kinda logic that they're doing that? I sent you a message about a week ago, did you read it? It should make sure that you don't do anything wrong so you won't get flamed. ^_^

And please, radley, stop using that frigging emoticon! ^_^
    OMG , If you're soo bothered with my emoticon, just close your eyes so you can't see it ^_^. I'm not forcing you to look at it, you're the one voluntarily looking at it. I haven't read your message, maybe I'll read it next week.

I haven't read your message, maybe I'll read it next week.
    That explains a lot...

LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?

LOL, i've just read all my PMs, i already got infractions. How many infractions do i have to get to be banned?
    I have no idea what an infraction is, but I just sent you another message. I think it's better if you read it.

How about spells with split second? Nothing can be done when they are in stack..

How about spells with split second? Nothing can be done when they are in stack..
    A spell with Split Second can still be countered by Counterbalance. Ò_ó

Oooh nice. Goodie goodie. Much better than I expected although kinda boring to play with ^_^

Thread Information