Page 297 of 446 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by MoorishIdol View Post
    Hey Ya'll,

I'm loving this thread and am quite grateful for the time you put into it. I'm learning storm, maybe 40 games under my belt, but last night I was real tired and made some serious faux pas. I played a couple rituals and what not with no resistance only to realize I miscounted. It's quite embarrassing but I would feel better if any of you share your idiotic plays. Maybe I can learn something from your mistakes :P

Thanks!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    FEEL MY AGONY

being real, though, this log taught me to be at least a little better at sequences and stuff. an example being, in scenarios where you need to resolve a rit then a discard spell, because youre short on black sources, im really bad at running that line. usu because i do something silly like probe first so they know im rit-ing to play around a counter as opposed to rit-ing to potentially try to go off "blind"

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Hey Ya'll,

I'm loving this thread and am quite grateful for the time you put into it. I'm learning storm, maybe 40 games under my belt, but last night I was real tired and made some serious faux pas. I played a couple rituals and what not with no resistance only to realize I miscounted. It's quite embarrassing but I would feel better if any of you share your idiotic plays. Maybe I can learn something from your mistakes :P

Thanks!
    Don't worry. My very first game with this deck was against phazonmutant and I went all in, cracked LED and realized I only had 3 mana after my wish. Twas embarrassing
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

So what do you guys think the best plan after seeing the results of the legacy champs. Ur delver was everywhere plus quite a few were running electrickery in the board so empty might not be the best play against delver. Thoughts??

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Northern Ireland

Hey Ya'll,

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Don't worry. My very first game with this deck was against phazonmutant and I went all in, cracked LED and realized I only had 3 mana after my wish. Twas embarrassing
    Haha, I've done this, it feels terrible. My worst mistakes are detailed in this tournament report I wrote a while back.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by culby218 View Post
    So what do you guys think the best plan after seeing the results of the legacy champs. Ur delver was everywhere plus quite a few were running electrickery in the board so empty might not be the best play against delver. Thoughts??
    Same as Golgari Charm or Zealous Persecution in other colors: Be aware of the cards if you fo for EtW. UR Delver is even easier to deal with because you don't have to care for Wastelands, Stifles, Pierces, Thoughtseize, Hymn or the like which pressure you.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Same as Golgari Charm or Zealous Persecution in other colors: Be aware of the cards if you fo for EtW. UR Delver is even easier to deal with because you don't have to care for Wastelands, Stifles, Pierces, Thoughtseize, Hymn or the like which pressure you.
    A few of the lists had some stifles, but not to many.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

A few of the lists had some stifles, but not to many.
    The only question is if the TC + Flusterstorms are a bigger problem than the Stifle + Wastelands of old.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

The only question is if the TC + Flusterstorms are a bigger problem than the Stifle + Wastelands of old.
    A couple people at my shop have built ur delver for testing for GP nj. I have 4 GPT this weekend and I will be running the bayou list that is current. I will post my results after the trials.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

A couple people at my shop have built ur delver for testing for GP nj. I have 4 GPT this weekend and I will be running the bayou list that is current. I will post my results after the trials.
    Please do so. Thanks.

PS. with the decline of Wasteland I now hace one more excuse to skip on basics ;P

Join us at Facebook!

Bryant Cook

My LEDs arrived back to me, I can start testing changes again.

Sadly, I did not attend Legacy Champs and will not be able to attend the GP in New Jersey. It's really unfortunate and I couldn't get out of my other obligations, I'll let everyone know what my testing of Bayou goes.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

have no time, Project-Madness era... f**** you all bosses!

@Lem:

Related Void Snare:
    I think is a must in side. One scenario among others I encountered involved: having D.R. effects instead of LED because of suffling and my opponent playing Merfolks with a Chlice at 0 in play, I was able to cast A.N enough to win via B.W.->V.S. and B.W. Tendrils, was great, no other ways won me this match up.
    Also the Not need of using CoV in base vs Leiline to just get use of Xantids is great.

I'm wondering if I do not miss G.S. vs Infect in some muth ups, I was evaluating this match up as its common to face always one by here...
    How do you think you'll side vs this?
    I really dont take out 4th I.T. from base I just add 1 more discard instead of EtW and for next times I'll do also -1Therapy+1Duress maybe... its more like S/T or Reanimator tan Tempo!

Thoughs about T.C.:
    I want to share my lasts experiences with T.C., all I can say is finally wans't as effective as I though... maybe I need Fetches and persistence?, the reallyty is that PiF covered most of scenarios of T.C. as it is also G.Y dependant, moreles same feelings than Bryant, sure I evaluated it the 3 last tournaments, also, to me happened that lost to MonoBlack from first time in ages... I'll relate this match up:
    - 1st Game I invested 2 resources in a 6 Gobs which were destroyed by Tabernacle at pendrell Vale, I won this match up as I used twice T.Cruise to finally!!!! win through I.T.-> A.N.... In here I opted to not to side I.T. 4 are good in base vs this archetype...
    - Second game was lost by not having D.R. in side, he had Senseis, TPV, Powder Kegs Like and lot of discard, what wasn't discarded was destroyed...
    - In 3rd game, happended the same.

I could say this is a strange match up, however this boy was well prepared vs me as he had lot of hate vs my diff angles - he had also tormods as example...
    I can say having the I.T. in side could have saved my ass, maybe but I.T. is better in base in here as you want the most chances of drawing this card, B.W. was supposed to be used for T.C. OR PiF OR EtW, and the fact is that my opp. had the puzzle covered always for 3 three card, having TPV or Tormods.
    I will swith to D.R. and say bye to T.C. I think it's a good card but I don't find it as a Puzzle card... and for me D.R. is much more strong and independant..., also when for 2nds and 3rd games in which I put 1I.T. to the side, then it's really unnecesary.

The other lose was vs Infect due to bad luck...
    - 1st turn Gobs and had 1 of his 3 FoW main
    - 2nd turn I was going to hit with therapy 2 boys as he had nothing else in hand but he exactly draws B.S. into FoW and S.Pierce....
    Won anyway 2-0 other Infect boy.

EDIT: Had no chance to test 4 A.D. 2 Nedle vs Miracles
    Still, 4 Gemstones. 4 I.T.Base
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Bryant Cook

With the surge of UR Delver and it's lack of wasteland, it may be right to go back to Gemstone Mines over basics. I'm considering -1 Swamp, -1 island, -1 Mire +3 Gemstone Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    With the surge of UR Delver and it's lack of wasteland, it may be right to go back to Gemstone Mines over basics. I'm considering -1 Swamp, -1 island, -1 Mire +3 Gemstone Mine.
    So what's your current list?
    And when you're feeling confident enough you'll update the first page's list?

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by PopyMartins View Post
    So what's your current list?
    And when you're feeling confident enough you'll update the first page's list?
    3 Gemstone Mine
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island

3 Chrome Mox
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Dark Ritual

3 Infernal Tutor
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Duress
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Ad Nauseam

Sideboard
    1 Bayou
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Void Snare
    1 Infernal Tutor
    1 Massacre
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Past in Flames

The deck is in a state of flux, there isn't much point in spending a ton of time constantly rewriting the opening post.

I'd much rather see Treasure Cruise than either of the other two cards.

[QUOTE=Bryant Cook;842826]3 Gemstone Mine
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island

3 Chrome Mox
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Dark Ritual

3 Infernal Tutor
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Duress
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Ad Nauseam

Sideboard
    1 Bayou
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Xantid Swarm
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Void Snare
    1 Infernal Tutor
    1 Massacre
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Past in Flames

The deck is in a state of flux, there isn't much point in spending a ton of time constantly rewriting the opening post.

the only thing I am worried about with the list is weakness to blood moon. When I was testing against miracles last night I got blood mooned G3 with only the island outand wasn't able to fetch the swamp. He just sat on a counter knowing I needed a petal to cast any black spells.

Bryant Cook

the only thing I am worried about with the list is weakness to blood moon. When I was testing against miracles last night I got blood mooned G3 with only the island outand wasn't able to fetch the swamp. He just sat on a counter knowing I needed a petal to cast any black spells.
    Can't win every game.

That's the beauty of TES. How many more times is your opponent going to have a 3rd turn?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Well, if my miracles opponent had Counterbalance, SDT and Blood Moon out, I would not waste my time and go shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I'd much rather see Treasure Cruise than either of the other two cards.
    That's the point. We no longer have to care for Stifle on our Fetches or Wastelands on our Duals if UR Delver is the Aggro-Control deck to beat atm.

Join us at Facebook!

Bryant Cook

I don't like all of these false quotes. I never said that!

So the GPTs that I am going to they will be small and of the people I know who will be in attendance these are the decks.

1 elves
    2 elves
    3 miracles / ur delver
    4 bug delver
    5 bug delver
    6 burn / sneak
    7 sneak
    8 shard less bug / ANT
    9 mud/miracles/sneak
    10 bug enchantress/ur delver

Those are the decks I'm looking at facing of the 10 players I know will be there. So should I go basics or gemstone??

Thread Information