Page 877 of 956 FirstFirst ... 377777827867873874875876877878879880881887927 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,540 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

The Fire of Justice Burns Like Nothing Else
    Jun 2014
    Jacksonville, FL

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post

PIMP DECK
    Great work.

Any plans to get altered Angel tokens? One for each Undine would be a nice touch, I think.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphix View Post
    Great work.

Any plans to get altered Angel tokens? One for each Undine would be a nice touch, I think.
    I actually was thinking about getting that done. Probably will happen in the future, but what was hindering me was not being able to find art that I liked of each of the 6. Maybe I'll start up that search again thanks to the Avvenire OVAs. Then the next problem is I don't think my deckbox has enough space for a 75 card triple sleeved deck + 10 tokens (currently only 4, though that'll be doubled to 8 once my Monk tokens arrive). But we'll see once the Monk tokens come in if there's enough space for more tokens.

This is what I was brainstorming for the token alters:

The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

So guys I am working to pimping my shardless BUG a little bit, any suggestions on what basics (forest+swamp) i am currently on BFZ for a better alternative. I don't think gurus are worth it.

Also I know the pimp police will kill me, but currently I am on expeditions fetches. I am thinking about switching the Deltas for ONS ones which is no problem since the eng ones are same price anyway. (allthough jap is expensive as f. )
    But are you really thinking that (Misty/Catacombs) Zen fetches are prettier than the Expedition ones? I can get behind Zen jap foil ones being better. But if you compare eng especially the Misty looks better imo.

I am in a bit of a dilemma with my Gofs too as I hate the FS Frame and don't want to have it in my deck. The MM art is better but MM1 foil doesn't come in Jap and MM2 has the ugly dot on the bottom.

I really hope Hymmn, Shardless and Balefull Strix wil be in EMA.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    So guys I am working to pimping my shardless BUG a little bit, any suggestions on what basics (forest+swamp) i am currently on BFZ for a better alternative. I don't think gurus are worth it.

Also I know the pimp police will kill me, but currently I am on expeditions fetches. I am thinking about switching the Deltas for ONS ones which is no problem since the eng ones are same price anyway. (allthough jap is expensive as f. )
    But are you really thinking that (Misty/Catacombs) Zen fetches are prettier than the Expedition ones? I can get behind Zen jap foil ones being better. But if you compare eng especially the Misty looks better imo.

I am in a bit of a dilemma with my Gofs too as I hate the FS Frame and don't want to have it in my deck. The MM art is better but MM1 foil doesn't come in Jap and MM2 has the ugly dot on the bottom.

I really hope Hymmn, Shardless and Balefull Strix wil be in EMA.
    Just go with original version for everything (or all EXP fetches if you really like them), after some time you'll find it weird to play ONS deltas and EXP mistys. About the language, I wouldn't play foil jap mistys with foil eng deltas... And finally about the goyfs, playing cards from Modern Masters in Legacy decks doesn't seem right.

Nov 2014
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Just go with original version for everything (or all EXP fetches if you really like them), after some time you'll find it weird to play ONS deltas and EXP mistys. About the language, I wouldn't play foil jap mistys with foil eng deltas... And finally about the goyfs, playing cards from Modern Masters in Legacy decks doesn't seem right.
    Goyfs from MM are like the last kid you pick in a kindergarten soccer match.
    You know he sucks, he knows, everybody knows, but you still need him to play.

Inviato dal mio LG-D605 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Hm, jap ONS Delta are unrealistic anytime soon, but I have jap MM Brainstroms and German FBB duals so the languarges will be mixed for a while. Also I dont have a problem with inhomogeneity as loong as its not more than like 3 languarges.
    Agreed on not mixing EXP and ONS. I am on full Exp right now.

@guillemnicolau: well and for me at least the FS Goyf looks like you had cards left over from another cardgame and tried to cheat them into magic... So either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Hm, jap ONS Delta are unrealistic anytime soon, but I have jap MM Brainstroms and German FBB duals so the languarges will be mixed for a while. Also I dont have a problem with inhomogeneity as loong as its not more than like 3 languarges.
    Agreed on not mixing EXP and ONS. I am on full Exp right now.

@guillemnicolau: well and for me at least the FS Goyf looks like you had cards left over from another cardgame and tried to cheat them into magic... So either way.
    I was searching for ONS foil japanese deltas and its very difficult. So since I m gonna play misty rainforest foil japanese i would go with KTK deltas foil japanese :) about basics i play with guru but since you dont like them (damn they are gourgeous !!! ) you can play alpha, they are very Nice too

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Goyfs from MM are like the last kid you pick in a kindergarten soccer match.
    You know he sucks, he knows, everybody knows, but you still need him to play.
    This is a great fukken quote.

Also, on the topic of "what do if no proper pimp?", don't stoop to KTK fetches. It's ratchet as fuck. There's nothing wrong with English Onslaught and so much wrong with imitation.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Also, on the topic of "what do if no proper pimp?", don't stoop to KTK fetches. It's ratchet as fuck. There's nothing wrong with English Onslaught and so much wrong with imitation.
    I like the art of the KTK Strands better. Sue me.
    The purpose of any moat is to impede attack. Some are filled with water, some with thistles. Some are filled with things best left unseen.

Nov 2014
    Italy

People that don't like the old fetches don't like Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Submit, heretic.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    People that don't like the old fetches don't like Magic.

I like my lands to have art on them

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Some new sigs from GP Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestral View Post
    I was searching for ONS foil japanese deltas and its very difficult. So since I m gonna play misty rainforest foil japanese i would go with KTK deltas foil japanese :) about basics i play with guru but since you dont like them (damn they are gourgeous !!! ) you can play alpha, they are very Nice too
    Very difficult? You are lucky you don't want them in Simplified Chinese :) Japanese ones are easy to find (in comparison to other languages, excluding English), but expensive.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

I like my lands to have art on them
    I don't know why so many dislike the Onslaught art for Flooded Strand so much. Sure, it doesn't "pop" like the new Rainforest Bones concept art does, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    I don't know why so many dislike the Onslaught art for Flooded Strand so much. Sure, it doesn't "pop" like the new Rainforest Bones concept art does, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
    It's because there's just not much going on. Land art should be inspiring. After all, land art is what got me and many others into Magic. It should invoke emotions of fantasy and what not. But that grass and some water doesn't do that.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I personally like the bleached out look of the ONS Flooded Strand / Polluted Delta, especially in foil form.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

No matter how many times polluted delta etc. is reprinted, onslaught will remain the original printing.
    mtgpimp

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    No matter how many times polluted delta etc. is reprinted, onslaught will remain the original printing.
    Only for English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

Nov 2006
    London

I'm in the original printing English foil camp myself, but when I see a completely Japanese/Korean deck, or I'll use Koby's completely promo foil maverick deck as an example of something unusual but beautiful in its own right.

Am I just the only person that appreciates the variety of styles and opinions in this thread?

If everyone had the same taste it would be boring as hell. I think people just like to argue.

Thread Information