Page 301 of 382 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 7635

Thread: [Primer] Elves!

[DTB] Elves!

The problem i have against eldrazi is that if they put a chalice on play the presure is too strong and fast!
    Is not the same when the mud deck play chalice!
    I feel that i can only whin because the deck is not so consistent some times!

Do you have any sugestion or teck ?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] Elves!

Quote Originally Posted by elFinFas View Post
    The problem i have against eldrazi is that if they put a chalice on play the presure is too strong and fast!
    Is not the same when the mud deck play chalice!
    I feel that i can only whin because the deck is not so consistent some times!

Do you have any sugestion or teck ?
    Basically the same every time people complain about issues with Artifacts/Enchantments in maindecks like Jitte/Chalice/Counterbalance/etc: Run more Sages and create cardadvantage with them rather with cute stuff like Sylvan Library. Its also not the case that Eldrazi can stand against a Packmaster in play. You can not expect to have a positive outcome in this match with 1 Sage and 3 SB Decays only to dig you out of Chalice/Jitte/etc in this matchup
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I just uploaded all 7 pre-recorded VODs of me playing Chaos Elves in yesterday's Legacy Challenge. Check them out on my website.

Disclaimer: I probably didn't bring my A-game to the table, but I figured I'd still share it :)
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    I just uploaded all 7 pre-recorded VODs of me playing Chaos Elves in yesterday's Legacy Challenge. Check them out on my website.

Disclaimer: I probably didn't bring my A-game to the table, but I figured I'd still share it :)
    Watched the first one thus far. Felt unnecessarily conservative, at least in my view. You let him build worse and worse softlocks instead of heading them off in a timely manner. You said they don't have a reset button, but you don't either. Topdecking is great if your draws aren't dead. A lot of times you have action in hand and let it die there because he builds a board position. Two different hatebears means a lot of dead topdecks. Even if you have the solution, is it a solution if solving the board takes three turns? Why side Library out?

Good layout, nice to see games posted. Will watch the others when I get the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

wondering your thoughts julian on a singleton natural order over the crop rotation?
    -rob

I'm playing with the NO version,and I wanna know what do you guys use in SB against Eldrazi. My SB is:
    1 Null Rod
    1 Pithing neddle
    1 Progenitus
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Glissa (BG)
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Abrupt Dacay
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Surgical Extraction

Glissa is just for the Eldrazi matchup,and I dont know if this will work hahaha

Enviado de meu XT1097 usando Tapatalk

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Someone has been in the Nic Fit thread... Lol.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I have no fucking clue how everyone can whinne about Eldrazi and Chalice, but does not bother to run 4 Decays
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I have no fucking clue how everyone can whinne about Eldrazi and Chalice, but does not bother to run 4 Decays
    You don't solve problems, you wait for them to go away. Sheesh. Have you learned nothing in your years on this forum?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

You don't solve problems, you wait for them to go away. Sheesh. Have you learned nothing in your years on this forum?
    Over the years you have become a true friend reminding me constantly that calling for bannings is indeed a legit approach to solve metagame issues. Thanks for your dedication and Reality checks in regards to my naive believe in humanity, reason and consequences

Join us at Facebook!

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Against Eldrazi specifically, wouldn't Putrefy be a decent fun-of? Kills all the usual suspects as well as unwary Batterskulls and can actually off bigger Eldrazi. With the white splash returning Oblivion Ring could also be an option for some S&T splash damage. 4 removal board does sound like a sane idea nowadays, though Caverns also help with Eldrazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Dec 2013

Over the years you have become a true friend reminding me constantly that calling for bannings is indeed a legit approach to solve metagame issues. Thanks for your dedication and Reality checks in regards to my naive believe in humanity, reason and consequences
    I'm here for you, buddy.

Re: [Primer] Elves!

Playing
    1 packmaster maindeck,
    1 packmaster + 1 meekstone sideboard
    eldrazi cannot handle this. Wolves with deathtouch rock!
    Special Forces Combo Elves

Sep 2013
    Under hill.

Looks like we're back in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by elFinFas View Post
    I think the deck to beat at this moment is eldrazi!
    We should be talking about that!
    What kind of techs do you are using?
    What are your sideboard sugestions?
    I play a few matches against my friend who is new to eldrazi (aren't they all at this point?) and it seemed ok.

I played very combo piece heavy deck (many 4 ofs of the combo specific elves) with a packmaster and rec sage for good measure. Really all I did was abrupt decay lock pieces and hope the start wasn't extremely exposive so I would have 2+ turns of set up then you just combo them. NO or a turn of glimpse + make tons of chump blockers for NO next turn is good enough.

The matchup only went south when they drew many (key is multiple, one is usually not good enough) interactive cards that had a mix of attacking board and hand. For example 2 thought knot seers really sucked and made it hard to recover from a well timed warping wail or dismember.

It's not really interesting to play, I found it entirely dependant on my opponent's draw. Did they draw combo interaction? Did they draw a lot of it? Did they draw a little and back to back reality smashers? You probably lose all those games, not enough time to combo them off. Any other scenario - little disruption or slow clock - you just do the same old elf ball thing.

I guess my only tip is, if you want a sideboard slot for this matchup, pick one that isn't blown up by ratchet bomb easily. It is very common in my local eldrazi lists. If that's not the case online....go nuts.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by starfox444 View Post
    I play a few matches against my friend who is new to eldrazi (aren't they all at this point?) and it seemed ok.

I played very combo piece heavy deck (many 4 ofs of the combo specific elves) with a packmaster and rec sage for good measure. Really all I did was abrupt decay lock pieces and hope the start wasn't extremely exposive so I would have 2+ turns of set up then you just combo them. NO or a turn of glimpse + make tons of chump blockers for NO next turn is good enough.

The matchup only went south when they drew many (key is multiple, one is usually not good enough) interactive cards that had a mix of attacking board and hand. For example 2 thought knot seers really sucked and made it hard to recover from a well timed warping wail or dismember.

It's not really interesting to play, I found it entirely dependant on my opponent's draw. Did they draw combo interaction? Did they draw a lot of it? Did they draw a little and back to back reality smashers? You probably lose all those games, not enough time to combo them off. Any other scenario - little disruption or slow clock - you just do the same old elf ball thing.

I guess my only tip is, if you want a sideboard slot for this matchup, pick one that isn't blown up by ratchet bomb easily. It is very common in my local eldrazi lists. If that's not the case online....go nuts.
    Nice strawman to talk about Warping Wail & Dismember, while dodging the question of how you wanna "combo" with Chalice @ 1 on the Table and you're struggling to get Decay/GSZ-->Sage going, if your mana production is under pressure of Wasteland & Jitte

Join us at Facebook!

while dodging the question of how you wanna "combo" with Chalice @ 1 on the Table and you're struggling to get Decay/GSZ-->Sage going, if your mana production is under pressure of Wasteland & Jitte
    You just have to hope to dodge it or be able to cast decay off your one forest and bayou that's about to get wastelanded. There's not much to discuss about it IMO, unless I'm missing something, maybe you can explain? Either we decay their chalice or we do nothing at all, in which case there is nothing to discuss.

If they pressure you with wasteland and jitte and you find no time to hit with abrupt decay, then you're dead.

That's how I felt the matchup to go - it was entirely dependant on their draw. If they had good pressure and many sideboard cards, you're a goner. If they draw pretty bad and you get time to cast decay, you get them.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by starfox444 View Post
    You just have to hope to dodge it or be able to cast decay off your one forest and bayou that's about to get wastelanded. There's not much to discuss about it IMO, unless I'm missing something, maybe you can explain? Either we decay their chalice or we do nothing at all, in which case there is nothing to discuss.

If they pressure you with wasteland and jitte and you find no time to hit with abrupt decay, then you're dead.

That's how I felt the matchup to go - it was entirely dependant on their draw. If they had good pressure and many sideboard cards, you're a goner. If they draw pretty bad and you get time to cast decay, you get them.
    Have you checked metagame data for Eldrazi numbers in the metagame? The idea of "well, if I face them and they do not draw/keep absolute garbage, I will lose. No need to adjust the deck." is one of the reasons Elves dropped out of the DtB section. Eldrazi is NOT a fringe deck you can ignore for deckbuilding matters. Giving away every game 1 and hoping you get away in Game 2 & 3 with 3 Decays only is ridiculous at this point of metagame development.

Edit: the top 2 decks by a landslide lock out 1cc spells as their primary gameplan by enchantments/artifacts. Why not stock up these to create cardadvantage?

Join us at Facebook!

Dec 2013

B/c they make the cast-1-CMC-stuff-plan worse..?

Oh, and b/c they're not as nice as yours. Obviously. Perhaps if we get Rebecca Guay to come up with an art for that Reclamation Sage...

I'm still wondering why the 1 mana plan isn't just maindecking 4 Abrupt Decay. It's a much needed "fuck you" to so many things. Just toss out the Cradles and do it to it.

Have you checked metagame data for Eldrazi numbers in the metagame? The idea of "well, if I face them and they do not draw/keep absolute garbage, I will lose. No need to adjust the deck." is one of the reasons Elves dropped out of the DtB section. Eldrazi is NOT a fringe deck you can ignore for deckbuilding matters. Giving away every game 1 and hoping you get away in Game 2 & 3 with 3 Decays only is ridiculous at this point of metagame development.

Edit: the top 2 decks by a landslide lock out 1cc spells as their primary gameplan by enchantments/artifacts. Why not stock up these to create cardadvantage?

In my previous post I say how the much up felt to me based on my games, but while thinking about it at work today I thought it really is a crap position to be in.

I agree. I think our altered friends are the way to go, going forward. I have no strong opinion of the exact numbers though.

Thread Information