Page 237 of 243 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I advocated 3 Liquimetal Coatings main and 1 in the side, + zuran orb + tormod's crypt. I'd play a Lodestone Golem before Trinisphere as a wish target, since you need to capitalize on the turns you gain against storm. If you give them enough time, they will EOT Chain of Vapor and go off anyway. Probably, Karn is too slow for storm anyway and you just need to have some thorn of amethysts or 3spheres main that you can cast on the first turn, but the other match ups you can board pretty relevant and quick cards imo.
    The difference between 3 mana and 4 mana can mean the difference between dying and winning against Storm... especially when you can get to 7 mana and Karn+Trinisphere all in one turn.

Liquimetal Coating just seems too cute to me. By itself, it does absolutely NOTHING. You can't have a dead card in your deck that often. You won't always get Karn out. At least with Mycosynth Lattice, it's never a dead card because you don't ever fetch it until you have Karn in play.

Zuran Orb doesn't seem too bad against burn but against everything else it's underwhelming?
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    The difference between 3 mana and 4 mana can mean the difference between dying and winning against Storm... especially when you can get to 7 mana and Karn+Trinisphere all in one turn.

Liquimetal Coating just seems too cute to me. By itself, it does absolutely NOTHING. You can't have a dead card in your deck that often. You won't always get Karn out. At least with Mycosynth Lattice, it's never a dead card because you don't ever fetch it until you have Karn in play.

Zuran Orb doesn't seem too bad against burn but against everything else it's underwhelming?
    Agreed. I'm not so sure about the liquimetal coating plan in a colorless build myself yet either. Right now, the support cards that least impact the rest of your deck when you run a liquimetal coating strategy are Karn, the Great Creator, Karn, Silver Golem, Abrade, Kolaghan's Command and Fiery Confluence. Then there's Gorilla Shaman and Ancient Grudge which is dead without Liquimetal Coating. I also think Zuran Orb should be solely used in the burn matchup, except for a corner case match here and there. Mox Opal might also be almost a neccesity with Liquimetal Coating to carry those red cards, and Liquimetal Coating can turn on Metalcraft for you if you don't have it yet. That's all I can think of for now.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Hi there,

I tested Karn, the Great Creator in around 25 games with a side/wishboard containing 40 artifacts for testing. I'm not on a typical MUD-build, but control with three Ensnaring Bridge main.

Results:

Wishboard
    Mycosynth Lattice 13
    Ensnaring Bridge 11
    Walking Ballista 5
    Lodestone Golem 4
    Phyrexian Metamorph 2
    Torpor Orb 2
    Coercive Portal 1
    Liquimetal Coating 1
    Meekstone 1
    Orbs of Warding 1
    Pithing Needle 1
    Portcullis 1
    Silent Arbiter 1
    Spellskite 1
    Spine of Ish Sah 1
    Wurmcoil Engine 1
    Crucible of Worlds 0
    Nevinyrral’s Disk 0
    Ratchet Bomb 0
    Sorcerous Spyglass 0
    Thorn of Amethyst 0
    Tormod's Crypt 0
    Steel Hellkite 0
    Oblivion Stone 0
    Mox Opal 0
    Staff of Nin 0

In my opinion the card is crazy good, unanswered it's almost game immediately

I love Karn here. Why not a Staff of Dom in the board to tutor with it since it can stop Emrakul and also combos with Metalworker to make infinite mana and win the game.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    I love Karn here. Why not a Staff of Dom in the board to tutor with it since it can stop Emrakul and also combos with Metalworker to make infinite mana and win the game.
    Metalworker is not in my build. With Metalworker in, I would definitely put one Staff of Domination in the sideboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Metalworker is not in my build. With Metalworker in, I would definitely put one Staff of Domination in the sideboard!
    That seems incorrect. Why? The deck is named exactly Metalworker Ultimate Destruction -- are you using mana rocks in place or locus lands or something?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

This list was on the 5-0 lost for MTGO decks. I think I watched this person play and the deck was pretty sick

Creatures [3]
    3 Walking Ballista
    Planeswalkers [14]
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    Artifacts [18]
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    Lands [25]
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Karakas
    3 Vesuva
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Blast Zone
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

1 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Trinisphere
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Warping Wail
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    This list was on the 5-0 lost for MTGO decks. I think I watched this person play and the deck was pretty sick

Creatures [3]
    3 Walking Ballista
    Planeswalkers [14]
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    Artifacts [18]
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    Lands [25]
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Karakas
    3 Vesuva
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Blast Zone
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

1 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Trinisphere
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Warping Wail
    This is almost similar to my list

I'm not sure if it belongs over here or in the 12-post thread, it's colorless (MUD) without eldrazi but there's no Metalworker indeed.

I'm playing three Ensnaring Bridge and two Maze of Ith main, only 2 dynamo's and 1 key.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post

Creatures [3]
    3 Walking Ballista
    Planeswalkers [14]
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    Artifacts [18]
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    Lands [25]
    1 City of Traitors
    1 Karakas
    3 Vesuva
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Blast Zone
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

1 Walking Ballista
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Trinisphere
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Warping Wail

Simliar to my configuartion except I pay 3 bridges and 3 spyglass in place of key and old karns. I also have 4 tks in the board. I really think this is a new deck (mono brown control?) instead a variation of mud.

Playing only one City of Traitors seems bad IMO. You still want to put in play asap Chalice/Grim/Trinisphere, and with only 5 sol lands, probs are not that high.
    Plus, it allows you to play Karn on turn 2 more often.
    I'd swap some Karn Scion for TKS too.

I'm testing a more prison shell around Karn Creator although the list is similar, but hey, can we start another thread to not pollute this one ?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    I'm testing a more prison shell around Karn Creator although the list is similar, but hey, can we start another thread to not pollute this one ?
    I don't think you need a new thread really. If your deck uses Metalworker, keep in in this thread, if it doesn't, use this one, for "Stax."
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Playing only one City of Traitors seems bad IMO. You still want to put in play asap Chalice/Grim/Trinisphere, and with only 5 sol lands, probs are not that high.
    Plus, it allows you to play Karn on turn 2 more often.
    I'd swap some Karn Scion for TKS too.

Agree on City, I switched over to Stax-topic for the "new" Karn deck.

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

(Edits: Forgot Match 2 was 2-1, not 2-0. Consulted my notes and just noticed I wrote loss above my two wins.)

Hello All!

I just recently picked up the deck and wanted to say how excited I am to sling some MUD cards.

I had my first weekly legacy tonight with the deck and went 2-1!

Match 1: 0-2 4c Loam
    Game 1: I had a slower hand unsure what I was up against. I kept being about a turn behind in terms of an out, but it was close as he whittled me down. I ran into a Knight of Autumn that blew me out. Not used to playing against the card.
    Game 2: I kept a solid opener that can turn 1 a Ballista to kill whatever his threat may be, be it Bob or other, into a turn 2 Karn Scion of Urza. He goes Mox Diamond, Mox Diamond, Land, KotR. Facing a turn 1 4/4 that tutored for all his Wasteland and Ghost Quarters was not something I could beat. Never got past 2 mana.

Match 2: 2-1 UB Death's Shadow
    Game 1: I don't remember much of this game outside of being put against the ropes around turn 4 and not being able to play around Daze if he had it, which he did.
    Game 2: My opponent pulls ahead but I stabilize off the back of a Wurmcoil Engine + Karn, Scion of Urza.
    Game 3: I land a nice pair of Greaves + Staff, but get discarded down to 1. I stay ahead playing 2x Lodestone Golem and riding them to victory after my Wurmcoil handles 2x 9/9 Death's Shadow.

Match 3: 2-0 C/G Post
    Game 1: My opponent mulls to 4. I land a quick greaves + golem and staff. He manages to keep in the game as my lands were all post lands and his one land was a post (I play no Wasteland currently). He eventually lands an Ugin and manages to Ult it by chumping each turn with a TKS and Maze of Ith to take care of my threats with no boots. Luckily I hits only another Ugin + mana lands and 1 TKS. Our post lands each tap for 9. I manage to get Inventors' Fair to fetch a Blightsteel and get boots on him. I tap down his TKS and move to combat. He responds with Crop Rot for Dark Depths and makes a Marit Lage but I have enough mana to untap staff and tap the Marit Lage token to win.
    Game 2: My opponent keeps 7, so I am happy for him. He lands turn 1 map into turn 2 map + candelabra. I manage to land a Lodestone again + Pithing Needle on Candelabra and eventually Sorcerer's Spyglass on Mirage Mirror. I land a pair of boots early on at some point + chalice on 1 and swing for 5 with golem, land another golem that turn and swing for 10 the next, then swing for the win. He was close to an out but needed to either be able to use his Candelabra or me to not have boots + chalice.

Overall super happy I managed to play okay-ish for my first time not goldfishing. Lodestone Golem was an all-star. Truly rode him to victory in 3 of my 4 game wins!

My List:
    MAINDECK (61)
    Land (24)

4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    3x Cavern of Souls
    4x Cloudpost
    2x Darksteel Citadel
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Inventors' Fair
    1x Thespian's Stage
    3x Vesuva

Planeswalker (6)

2x Karn, Scion of Urza
    2x Karn, the Great Creator
    2x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Artifact (15)

4x Chalice of the Void
    3x Grim Monolith
    2x Lightning Greaves
    2x Mirage Mirror
    2x Sphere of Resistance
    1x Staff of Domination
    1x Voltaic Key

Creature (16)

1x Blightsteel Colossus
    3x Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Metalworker
    1x Platinum Emperion
    1x Walking Ballista
    2x Wurmcoil Engine

SIDEBOARD (15)

Sideboard (15)

1x Batterskull
    1x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Mycosynth Lattice
    1x Ratchet Bomb
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Sphere of Resistance
    1x Spine of Ish Sah
    1x Staff of Domination
    1x Steel Hellkite
    2x Tormod's Crypt
    2x Trinisphere
    1x Walking Ballista
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Agree on City, I switched over to Stax-topic for the "new" Karn deck.
    This was an argument ~40-50 pages back, the prison shell minus metalworker with mostly planeswalkers was dubbed Legends MUD because of the deck similiarities. I believe the result was a new thread somewhere, but i am not motivated enough to look for it.

I played good ole' (not) reliable at GP Niagara to a disappointing finish, partially because I am extremely rusty and partially because the meta was not as kind as I suspected it to be. I am trying to find the time to do a tournament report, but yard work and my kid being sick have severely cut into my free time. I'll try to get it up in the next month or so.

Mud version with goblin welder still a thing?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    Mud version with goblin welder still a thing?
    I was working on that until I saw the new additions from WAR. Now I'm working on that, instead
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

So. I'm going to take the dive for now. This is my current build of the colorless superfriends deck that's been taking the net by storm. I cant promise this will be what I play at richmond... but I also cannot confirm or deny that I will not. This may be the last post I make about my own builds until after the event....

Deck: Legacy Colorless Superfriends 5-16-19.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:3
    3 Walking Ballista

Spells:33
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Blast Zone
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Faerie Macabre
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Mycosynth Lattice

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    So. I'm going to take the dive for now. This is my current build of the colorless superfriends deck that's been taking the net by storm. I cant promise this will be what I play at richmond... but I also cannot confirm or deny that I will not. This may be the last post I make about my own builds until after the event....

Deck: Legacy Colorless Superfriends 5-16-19.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:3
    3 Walking Ballista

Spells:33
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Ugin, the Ineffable
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Blast Zone
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva
    2 Wasteland

Sideboard:15
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Faerie Macabre
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    Good luck with the dive, I'll meet you under water So far I feel the deck is great. Searching silver bullets from the sideboard is nice!

Why would play a full set of dynamo's? If you're already at 4 mana to cast it there are only the ugin's and the ballista's that benefit from it really. I like the card, really do, but sometimes it almost feels like a "win-more" card for me in this setting. You'll need it more for the big Eldrazi's of course.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Why play a full set of dynamo's? If you're already at 4 mana to cast it there are only the ugin's and the ballista's that benefit from it really. I like the card, really do, but sometimes it almost feels like a "win-more" card for me in this setting. You'll need it more for the big Eldrazi's of course.
    I'm on the fense about 4 actually. Good eye. I feel like the biggest thing we need is absolutely the mid levels of big mana by t3. Past that, we're not on the same plan as "classic" metalworker mud, needing immediate obscene mana. Also thorn actually hurts this deck in ways that it doesnt really affect MUD proper. I'm on the real fense between this and something like a 4 thorn mud list that can combat this if necessary. I dont really feel like dying to a colorless mirror. On the other hand I can see the weaknesses of the deck pretty clearly and may be able to structure a colorless metalworker deck to compensate.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I tested the 15 planeswalker build and it felt soft to counters since we don't have many ways to draw or cheat stuff into play. Maybe defense grid can help.

Thread Information