Page 65 of 956 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

Re: [Bragging] Pimp Legacy Decks

Please warn me when you do, so I'll know which page to skip in this thread. I puke on german, really hate the language. (No offence ment to germans, however I'm traumatized by my german teacher in 2nd grade (Europe, so I was 13/14 then), her name was Helga Hagemann and she was Evillllllllllllllllllll)

Jun 2008
    Feltre, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Poesjuh View Post
    Please warn me when you do, so I'll know which page to skip in this thread. I puke on german, really hate the language. (No offence ment to germans, however I'm traumatized by my german teacher in 2nd grade (Europe, so I was 13/14 then), her name was Helga Hagemann and she was Evillllllllllllllllllll)
    lol. Oky not problem for me!!! For Italian people is very very hard to learn german language!!! But I like german people!!! W Europeans people :D

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Poesjuh View Post
    her name was Helga Hagemann
    Anyone who's first name is "Helga" has a very high chance of being evil. Believe me on this :-)
    What really amuses me is the fact that Germans would always much rather go with an English version of a card whereas a lot of American/British people prefer German version of cards. If shipping wouldnt be factor one might actually make some money.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jun 2008
    Hoorn, The Netherlands

I think that's just because a lot of players like a card to be in a foreign language, and not their own. That's where we dutch people are lucky, thank god there a no dutch cards ^^
    Personally I think Russian cards rule big time, pity there a so few series printed in it though :(

Bryant Cook

Post cards, not lists. Knock off the talking.

Crimson King

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Anyone who's first name is "Helga" has a very high chance of being evil. Believe me on this :-)
    What really amuses me is the fact that Germans would always much rather go with an English version of a card whereas a lot of American/British people prefer German version of cards. If shipping wouldnt be factor one might actually make some money.
    That's what I thought. Although I really like German cards, for the translations often are so awful. "Röhrender Reliops" is just the nuts (actually because "reliops" isn't a German word, and reads "spoiler" backwards) Yes....this is indeed Spirit Monger.

Oh yeah, being fucking true metal, Helga has to be evil. Anyone who has ever been to an open air festival knows what I'm talking about.

Hi there,

i´m new to these forums and just giving this a try with some of my landstill cards thrown together for a first impression ,)

I´ll post some more pics as soon as i find the time to.

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Those are some very nice Standstills. Personally I have never really liked any cards from the core sets no matter the language or Foil/Non Foil, but those Counterspells aren't half bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

I hope this works.

Apparently I fail at posting pictures. I like being able to read some of my cards sometimes.
    Last edited by rockout; 12-13-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: fixing pictures
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

How pimp is portugese? New to this pimping stuff, and im getting the chance to upgrade alot of my legacy staples to portugese, should i do it? do they sell better then english?

Aug 2007
    Bielefeld, Germany

I hate portugese cards ;)
    I hate latin LETTER/ALPHABET languages except english and german
    So get chin or jap cards or keep your english ones.

getting the chance to upgrade
    You mean DOWNGRADE!
    Last edited by TeKo; 12-14-2008 at 05:22 AM.
    Originally Posted by Pinder
    Turns out that some weird chemical reaction between the Twinkie filling and Ranch Dressing opens up a portal straight into Hell, through which the Devil is then able to shit directly into your mouth.

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by TeKo View Post
    I hate latin languages except english and german
    WTF? Since when are english and german latin languages?
    Keep moon-walking.

Aug 2007
    Bielefeld, Germany

meant latin alphabet languages.
    Originally Posted by Pinder
    Turns out that some weird chemical reaction between the Twinkie filling and Ranch Dressing opens up a portal straight into Hell, through which the Devil is then able to shit directly into your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by rockout View Post
    I hope this works.

Apparently I fail at posting pictures. I like being able to read some of my cards sometimes.

Those German Factories are awesome. I like German language cards a lot better than Asian. :P But of course I think the rare Russian cards I have seen are the best.

Aug 2007
    charlottesville, va

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiminho View Post
    WTF? Since when are english and german latin languages?
    English is like 70% based on latin, but german is not based on latin
    -thomas rowe

Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Aug 2008
    Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by suprafan386 View Post
    English is like 70% based on latin, but german is not based on latin
    I think he meant Latin lettering but I think our letter were actually either Persian or phonetician in origin the Latins got them from there

German is a bastard language its mixed with other base languages from the northern Europe areas it doesn't have one clear ancestor but many it does draw some from the Romantic Language Base but not a lot.

English
    Spanish-and derivatives
    Portuguese
    french
    italian
    Greek
    I know I am missing something here

are all part of the romantic language group the all derive from Latin as spoken during the rise of the Holy Roman Empire

This is the reason why Latin should be still required in schools I can read Latin and Greek and Hebrew (Dang religious education) and that allows me to figure out most other romantic languages based on my fluency in Spanish and English since they all have the same base language.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by murderface View Post
    How pimp is portugese? New to this pimping stuff, and im getting the chance to upgrade alot of my legacy staples to portugese, should i do it? do they sell better then english?
    I like my portuguese cards. They are insanely hard to find (especially in NM Condition), but they are not considered pimp. I'll still take them over squiggly any day of the week tho.

But that's just me ;)

Edit @ above poster. romanian is a romantic language too, i think.

Shiny lands:

Can't get image to show. Ah well.

Dec 2007
    Europe

my death and taxes, the pimped part
    problem is I can't decide between foil and chinese

Beauty determines value and we determine beauty...

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

Okay people, here's the deal. English is a language of the Germanic family. Vikings invaded and influenced the Anglo-Saxons. When the Normans conquered England around the 11th century, royal business and such was conducted in French and spellings were somewhat standardized. Modern English borrows a ton of words from Latin and Greek. Romanian is actually the modern language closest to Latin. Greek is it's own independent branch of Indo-European and has nothing to do with Romantic languages. The Latin alphabet descends from a western Greek alphabet called Cumaean. The end.

Secondly, Portuguese is my primary pimp language. The cards are hard to find and I enjoy the way the language sounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

The EPIC Syndicate's scapegoat of humanity

Feb 2008
    In ridicule.

I just bought a couple Ad Nauseam--1x Jap. foil (not a big deal) and 1x Japanese with the full-card art. I'll post pics (not that their insane pimp but w/ever).

The sad irony is that the day I bought those, my deck got ruined (something was spilled on it... ). I gotta start over. Duals and all...

Pce,

--DC
    Schadenfreude is the most genuine kind of joy, since it doesn't include even a drop of envy.
    Why can't we just admit it?

Thread Information