burn
    ruby storm no leds-not gonna play it
    Shortcake-can probs do mono R as well
    Mono Blue Painter-whir build
    have a deck thats same as above, but with thopter combo and white

working on-

rebuilding Oops All Spells. I miss it and theres new jazz
    merfolk
    UW Wizards-brew. still nobody doing it. grixis or UR I see, but not UW wiztaxes

STAX???? I own ports/wastelands/sol lands obviously. I want to play all deez lands in the same deck, I love LD and making opponents miserable. I think I should build this.
    I need chalices for all these decks now.

brews/making slivers better

I forgot Cephalid Breakfast

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: How many decks to you play?

WW D&T
    RW D&T

I guess i could technically play some monoU Delver lists as i own Fetchlands Force of wills snapcasters and delvers but my legacy scene is close to no player in the area so i'm not even trying to get new decks.

By now I have punishing maverick, mono red burn (planning to become ur delver, but i miss tarns and volcs) and mono black reanimator.

I hope in the future I'll have a lot of other decks ;)

Not playing Bant
    Oct 2010
    Rockwall, Texas

UW Stoneblade, BR Reanimator, RG Lands, and Junk Nic Fit are currently assembled but I don't get to play much nowadays. Maybe once a month if I am lucky.
    Asylum EDH: Foil or go home.

Legacy decks I have on me:
    - RUG Delver
    - UB Shadow

In storage:
    - DNT, I might be missing a SoFI or something but basically what happened was I bought all the cards and then pretty much instantly mothballed it :/
    - Goblins (Missing caverns)
    - Dredge (Missing LED for the mana version, I should have full manaless)

Building/Brewing:
    - Nic Fit
    - Some kind of Tinfins / Shallow Grave deck (probably the Magus of the Mind version)

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

Shortcake
    Dredge
    TES
    Infect

I would probably play a little RG lands if I ever wanted to pick up a Tab, but until then I'll just stay a part of the Turn 2 Mafia
    Strawberry Shortcake

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...erry-Shortcake

What a brainstorm do? Draw card and activate on draw effects fix hand, removing woods
    #FreeNedleeds

I have built at the moment:
    4C Loam
    Goblins
    Imperial Painter

I'm looking to finish building Dredge soon as well, as I already have LEDs, just missing some of the cheap stuff. I also have a lot of the non-land cards for Zombardment, but I'm short duals to keep everything together so I'm putting off buying a few more for quite some time (I'd much rather save up for a house at the moment )

I've played in the past:
    RG(u) lands
    ANT
    Eldrazi

Of which the only deck I still can't put together is Eldrazi, as I sold most of the creatures towards a badlands or something.

I could also put together something like RB Reanimator or a Tin Fins variant, but I don't care a ton for those kinds of decks, really...

So I’m feeling that I’ve by far the smallest legacy collection here. I got the cards for:

Solidarity <—- currently my best deck and the one I run at local tourneys
    Mono U tempo/midrange

I HAD the bayou and all the cards for Spanish Inquisition, but decided to sell most of it off for playable EDH cards. Currently, I’m considering building aggro-depths, just cuz it’s a somewhat budget deck. I have all the depths, urborgs and loams, I just need all that other stuff to get the deck to stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Quote Originally Posted by schweinefettmann View Post
    So I’m feeling that I’ve by far the smallest legacy collection here.
    Even with a small collection you can play legacy and have fun. And that is important! Not the amount of cards you have or the huge stack of decks. You still can only play one deck at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by darklingske View Post
    you still can only play one deck at a time.
    qft

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Does anyone actively try to acquire staples in case they ever want to play a deck, ie serious collecting? Or do you just acquire cards for decks you'll actually play? It seems there are some on here that want several competitive options, some that have 1-2 competitive options and then funsies, and some that are all about the funsies regardless of what is competitive. I think it shows the diversity of approach to this format, which is part of why it can be incredibly fun while at the same time incredibly frustrating at times.

Cool posts, I figured people would like to talk shop about their favorite decks/projects in the works.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Does anyone actively try to acquire staples in case they ever want to play a deck, ie serious collecting? Or do you just acquire cards for decks you'll actually play? It seems there are some on here that want several competitive options, some that have 1-2 competitive options and then funsies, and some that are all about the funsies regardless of what is competitive. I think it shows the diversity of approach to this format, which is part of why it can be incredibly fun while at the same time incredibly frustrating at times.

Cool posts, I figured people would like to talk shop about their favorite decks/projects in the works.
    It's kind of the opposite for me. I've avoided getting into decks with high end niche cards that don't have any use elsewhere. I bought my LEDs for Belcher, and now I have Storm built. I could do Dredge if I wanted, so that's fine.
    But there was a moment I was considering getting Chains of Mephistopheles, They Abyss and Nether Void to supercharge Pox, but the in game value didn't match the asking price, and there wasn't much space to slot them into anything else.
    Same sort of thinking for decks like High Tide or Lands. I like the decks and have borrowed complete lists for both, but I can't justify buying Candelabras or Tabernacles to just open up a single deck. I'd rather have a playset of Underground Seas.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

So I’m feeling that I’ve by far the smallest legacy collection here.
    I have the same feeling, too

Does anyone actively try to acquire staples in case they ever want to play a deck, ie serious collecting? Or do you just acquire cards for decks you'll actually play?
    Sometimes I buy legacy played cards even though I don't play any of the decks with those cards (for example I bought 4x Ponder promo version fulltext, even though I don't play any blue deck for now). Just "for the future"

Quote Originally Posted by alvoi View Post
    Sometimes I buy legacy played cards even though I don't play any of the decks with those cards (for example I bought 4x Ponder promo version fulltext, even though I don't play any blue deck for now). Just "for the future"
    I’m curious what the full text promo looks/says. Is there MORE hidden awesomeness I’m not aware of?
    Where does solidarity fall in the range of ‘funsies’ to ‘competitive’? I’m curious what others think.. I got into it cuz I like draw a card as a wincon and it’s relatively budget.
    Also, alvoi, what deck(s) do u play? I didn’t see a list

Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

I’m curious what the full text promo looks/says. Is there MORE hidden awesomeness I’m not aware of?
    Where does solidarity fall in the range of ‘funsies’ to ‘competitive’? I’m curious what others think.. I got into it cuz I like draw a card as a wincon and it’s relatively budget.
    Also, alvoi, what deck(s) do u play? I didn’t see a list
    It's just the player rewards promo, it is sweet:

I said it earlier in the thread, my main deck is Punishing Maverick but I also play mono red burn and mono black reanimator. I plan to buy badlands for building BR reanimator, but I'm not sure when I'll do it

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    But there was a moment I was considering getting Chains of Mephistopheles, They Abyss and Nether Void to supercharge Pox, but the in game value didn't match the asking price
    I hear when you Chains a Brainstorm player, it's worth three wins. Especially if they have to read the card.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I hear when you Chains a Brainstorm player, it's worth three wins. Especially if they have to read the card.
    ...and then call a judge, then ask for the flow chart of how it works.
    I’ve never actually seen a chains in real life, but considering how my deck is basically 12 cantrips and 8 draw spells, it’d completely hose me!

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

That Ponder is hawt. I don't particularly like foils but full-arts are great.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I don't particularly like foils but full-arts are great.
    Yeah, me too. I'm very glad they kinda restarted doing non-foil promos, with the "MagicFest" Lightning Bolt this year

Thread Information