Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    This set is officially "not fucking around"

Ummm ... quiet speculation... turn 2, time twister every turn for the next 3 turns?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    A fixed Deathrite? For what purpose? I would very okay with a Jund Noble Hiearch, though.

As for EoE, it doesn't even need discard to be fucking stupid. Entomb or Intuition work just fine to get it online. And Narset is already good enough on her own. I have a bad feeling about this...
    I think their theory was that if Day's Undoing didn't accomplish much, this should be fine too?

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    Love, love, love this. Could this be worth tinkering with in Burn? You don't even have to cut any business spells, just trim a couple of lands. It even has cycling itself so you can safely run more than one.
    Spending 2 mana for a do-nothing is not really what Burn wants to be doing. If I wanted to turn lands into gas I'd run one of the new red canopy lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Ummm ... quiet speculation... turn 2, time twister every turn for the next 3 turns?
    Wouldn't the first one shuffle the other two back into your deck?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Wouldn't the first one shuffle the other two back into your deck?
    Yes. People need to RTFC.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

A fixed Deathrite? For what purpose? I would very okay with a Jund Noble Hiearch, though.
    For there to be a real reason to run Green over Red?

I mean, it doesn't have to be an extra copy of Deathrite, per se. But I did like that Deathrite gave a reason to be in Green, helped curtain the power of Snapcaster, and was incidental maindeckable grave-hate. Anything that can tap for G/B and is better than BoP (that is, not such a terrible later top deck) would be a nice thing to me, it would also be nice if helped with those other things too though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

bruizar

The problem is, twister is not a good card. Legendary status, but not good.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Only notable because it's a new storm card even though it's the top notch of the Storm Scale. Maybe one day we'll get a new dredger in a non-Standard set.

Instant
    You gain 3 life.
    Storm
    Called that one and it turns out that "one day" is two days.

Storm, Dredge, Ninjitsu are all back, but where is Grandeur, Aura Swap, and Bushido!?

Yes. People need to RTFC.
    Sure, but it's still putting 3 Time Twisters into your "hand" in order to out threat permission, turn 1 Quiet Speculation into turn 2 Twister, turn 3 Twister, turn 4 Twister is going to exceed any deck's counters.

Does this card shuffle itself back into your deck when it resolves, or does it resolve and then put itself into your graveyard? At worst this is an upgrade over Diminishing Returns for Burning Wish, you don't have to maintain priority and sacrifice LED to cast it over sacrificing LED after you've resolved Burning Wish; you get to play LED and then Jedi Mind Trick them into not countering the Burnish Wish so that you can grab Empty the Warrens.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

This with Liquimetal Coating 😁

Quote Originally Posted by chunderbucket View Post
    Spending 2 mana for a do-nothing is not really what Burn wants to be doing. If I wanted to turn lands into gas I'd run one of the new red canopy lands.
    I agree that every spell Burn casts should be dealing damage, but this could be useful grindy matches. For a while I tried the RedDeckWinning tech of a one-of Molten Vortex in the SB - as an alternative to Lavamancer in a budget no-fetches list - and it performed decently. I can see this serving a similar purpose, even if it only has a home in budget lists.
    But I always itch to experiment new cards and it could very well be that my brewer instinct is making me overly optimistic.

EDITS - Have image links!
    I was thinking in a GW lands with hall od heliod's, but, boy, whata dredge/draw engine

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Does this card shuffle itself back into your deck when it resolves, or does it resolve and then put itself into your graveyard?
    If you flash it back it's exiled. If you cast it from the hand it ends up in the graveyard. Lots of people in this thread are also forgetting that it empties the graveyard, so finding multiples isn't so great.

So I'm not remotely a combo player, but just looking at the design of Flashback Timetwister, I'm thinking:

4x LED
    4x Petal
    4x SSG
    4x ESG
    4x Dark Ritual
    4x Rite of Flame
    4x Manamorphose
    4x Cabal Ritual
    4x Entomb
    4x Quiet Speculation
    4x Deep Analysis
    4x Flashback Twister
    4x Tendrils of Agony
    4x Goblin Charbelcher
    2x Land Grant
    1x Bayou
    1x Taiga

That seems like it wins on turn 1 a lot of the time, but I could be wildly off there. Like I said, not my personal type of deck, but it's a ridiculously easy concept to figure out, especially given the interactions with LED and Petal.

I mean, Entomb+Spec gives you an incredibly good shot at always getting a copy, and those two tutors reset themselves on every cycle, so you go 12x chances to find it, to 11x chances to find it, .. pretty good odds in other words.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    If you flash it back it's exiled. If you cast it from the hand it ends up in the graveyard. Lots of people in this thread are also forgetting that it empties the graveyard, so finding multiples isn't so great.
    That is bat shit, it turns a tutor + 2 LEDs into 2 bombs[; the first LED helps pay for the 6cmc and if it gets countered then you can flash it back with the second LED turning your mana into business. Wow, that's my kind of card board right there.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    So I'm not remotely a combo player, but just looking at the design of Flashback Timetwister, I'm thinking:

4x LED
    4x Petal
    4x SSG
    4x ESG
    4x Dark Ritual
    4x Rite of Flame
    4x Manamorphose
    4x Cabal Ritual
    4x Entomb
    4x Quiet Speculation
    4x Deep Analysis
    4x Flashback Twister
    4x Tendrils of Agony
    4x Goblin Charbelcher
    2x Land Grant
    1x Bayou
    1x Taiga

That seems like it wins on turn 1 a lot of the time, but I could be wildly off there. Like I said, not my personal type of deck, but it's a ridiculously easy concept to figure out, especially given the interactions with LED and Petal.

I mean, Entomb+Spec gives you an incredibly good shot at always getting a copy, and those two tutors reset themselves on every cycle, so you go 12x chances to find it, to 11x chances to find it, .. pretty good odds in other words.
    Can you drop Tendrils for the new red Enchantment that do DD?

I just threw a what-if storm list together with not-Time Twister and I've gone off turn one 8 times in a row. I think there's a new belcher in town.
    Which is fine, since a belcher that loses to graveyard hate is A-OK

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I just threw a what-if storm list together with not-Time Twister and I've gone off turn one 8 times in a row. I think there's a new belcher in town.
    Which is fine, since a belcher that loses to graveyard hate is A-OK
    Seems interesting. What is your list ?

Woah, I just got caught in a Timetwister to the future, but I'm back now.

Thread Information