Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SIMMERING POT OF FECAL MATTER]

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Re: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [GENTLE SHITBREEZE]

I think Faithless Looting would be better as more business.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Site Contributor

Jul 2007
    Europe

1. Burning Wish for Personal Tutor. Later Personal Tutor for Reforge the Soul. Upkeep Chant/Silence. Draw Miracle.

2. Burning Wish for Reforge the Soul. Later Brainstorm to setup your top of library. Upkeep Chant/Silence. Draw Miracle.

I'm not sure these lines of play are so good but they are decent enough to test a little bit. It's just 1 MB or 1 SB card in TES / DDFT.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

I'm not sure TES can afford to play another 5cc and if it did, it would play Ad Nauseam +1. If personal Tutor were good, storm combo would already be playing it.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Being able to cut Ad Nauseam might offer the deck a lot of benefits. It's a powerful card, but constrictive on the way the deck is built. This card seems much more flexible.
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being able to cut Ad Nauseam might offer the deck a lot of benefits. It's a powerful card, but constrictive on the way the deck is built. This card seems much more flexible.
    This. What I said earlier. RtS doesn't go into ANT, it replaces Ad Naus and then lets you run a bunch of past in flames too. plus other junk and you basically draw out your entire deck without the lifeloss. The combination of discard, mass flashback, mass draw, and rituals is toxic. plus you can stay in straight r/b thanks to looting, draw 7's, flashback and tutors etc. much easier manabase to maintain.

This card is a red sorcery memory jar, with flashback thanks to past in flames. BAD THINGS MAN. BAD THINGS.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

So, does this mean the shitstorm is back on, or...?
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

I think it wored out most of it's strength in it's first passing. Maybe a stiff shitgale?

..Albeit, the wheel of fortune looks like it might indeed end up (more) busted (than the alternative engines) in storm, especially considering the interaction with artifact mana (and dark ritual in response).

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Interesting to say the least. MonoR combo?

3 SdT
    4 PiF
    4 Rite of flame
    4 Pyretic ritual
    4 Seething song
    4 Desperate ritual
    4 Ruby medallion
    3 Reforge the soul
    4 LED
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Empty the warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    3 Burning wish

etc...

Ruby Medallion seems sick in a monoR storm deck, with all the spell except rite of flame costing colorless.

Site Contributor

Nov 2009

Although Temporal Mastery provided me with a more WTF inducing gut reaction than Reforge the Soul, the former card scares me far less than the latter. So much of legacy revolves around quick plays and decks that abuse such always have a tendency to run out of gas. Because of this, decks specifically designed to unload early will always be able to utilize early card draw. Printing Reforge the Soul was just a mistake. At the very least, I'll have to start dedicating more sideboard to anti combo and perhaps anti artifact (if my testing was proven to be true). I'll tell you guys this... If only one card is to get banned from this set, I can honestly say it won't be Temporal Mastery.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Also holy fuck the flavor is terrible in this set.
    Word. That whole set of Miracle-cards and the friggin Soratami are just so far away from the story-line or the general flavour of the set. Pretty much the same as the introduction of Planeswalkers in Lorwyn, which didn't even played a role within the whole story of Lorwyn and the block would have been way more interesting without those IMO. Is it so hard to throw these cards into core-sets?
    Miracle cards are just completely unnecessary bullshit that does not even look like shit and complicates a whole lot of rules/cards, but also makes the most annoying factor that already exists even more unconvinient: Topdecking. Maybe it's just me but thats what I feel like.
    In response...Hypothek!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Interesting to say the least. MonoR combo?

3 SdT
    4 PiF
    4 Rite of flame
    4 Pyretic ritual
    4 Seething song
    4 Desperate ritual
    4 Ruby medallion
    3 Reforge the soul
    4 LED
    4 Lotus Petal
    1 Empty the warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    3 Burning Wish
    Why would you go mono red with this card? There are so many things horrible about this list
    -all the best rituals are black...you should play them. You run 8 artifact mana, there will not be problems w/ color
    -You need to build a list with some sort of chant effects-your opponent is drawing 7 every time you cast this as well. I get that pif has flashback...but good luck getting the mana for that.

That said, I currently run a BUr ANT list, and I think this is at least worst testing out a slot...also...Time Walk is not an effect worth personal tutoring for, but this absolutely is, particularly since this easily can be a turn 2 play.

Does anyone know if the ruling on miracle lets you use LED to pay the cost? I haven't seen the technical rules on the mechanic yet.

I really do think the best list for this has black rituals (at the very least dark rit) and brainstorm...this card is very mediocre for non-miracle, for miracle it's obviously absurd, and I think is worth the setup it takes. This seems much scarier than the Time Walk...particularly since this is actually hard-castable.
    Last edited by aaronm678; 04-15-2012 at 07:33 AM. Reason: and

bruizar

I'm just waiting for miracle balance now. That would make the shitstorm complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DLifshitz View Post
    Honest question from someone who never played Storm combo: is that true? Is Wheel of Fortune broken at 5 mana?

@Starcitygames price: It's out of stock at $2.99. A few minutes ago I preordered a playset for $19. I am sure the price will temporarily climb up to $10+ .
    The difference between 3RR and 3UU is significant, because you can resolve your Draw 7 off either Lion's Eye Diamond OR red rituals, with the Wheel of Fortune effect instead of the Timetwister effect powering up Rite of Flames and Cabal Rituals from the graveyard (and it's immune to REB for what it's worth).

It may also just be completely fucking broken with Personal Tutor, a Storm deck with 4 Infernal Tutor, 1 Past in Flames and 4 Personal Tutor, 2 Reforge the Soul is seriously promising.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Avacyn Restored Card Discussion [SHITSUNAMI]

"Shitsunami" - Kudos to whoever came up with that word!

bruizar

Burn wants this I think

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Burn wants this I think
    Sarcasm?

Burn can't cast this in its lifetime.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Sarcasm?

Burn can't cast this in its lifetime.
    They need to pull of a miracle to cast something that costs 5.

On the other hand, all this time I'm wishing Memory Jar was unbanned for MUD, I think this can be a good alternative.

Memory Jar:

Artifact that can be Welded back.
    Colorless
    Can be saved for later

Miracle Wheel:

'Legal' in Legacy
    Also costs 5 and if you're lucky 2 (though double red could be too much)
    Will do the same thing I want with Jar.

Also, molten boobies!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Wow, they really reprinted the restricted cards. Now I'm waiting for Return to Ravnica to print lands that are in between the original and the shocklands. Maybe a miracle mechanic for lands called "PROGRESS"

Evolved Blood Crypt
    Swamp Mountain
    Evolved Blood Crypt enters the battlefield tapped unless you pay 2 life
    PROGRESS: When Evolved Blood Crypt enters the battlefield, if this is your first land that enters the battlefield this turn you may gain 2 life.

Then they can reprint price of progress in RtR LOL.

The new red miracle looks good on UR Delver.

Creature, creature, burn, burn, burn, refill hand?

5 mana is pretty steep for a "sligh-burn" deck, but Brainstorm can put it on top, Ponder can help you find it and Snapcaster can help you do that again. And after turn 3 or 4, this thing is just an awesome topdeck.

One aspect of using this card in a non-combo deck is being able to use the cards you draw faster than your opponents. So instead of drawing Batterskulls, lands, Jaces and equipaments, you want to be drawing stuff like Fireblast, Bolts and Forces. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by alderon666 View Post
    The new red miracle looks good on UR Delver.

Creature, creature, burn, burn, burn, refill hand?

5 mana is pretty steep for a "sligh-burn" deck, but Brainstorm can put it on top, Ponder can help you find it and Snapcaster can help you do that again. And after turn 3 or 4, this thing is just an awesome topdeck.

One aspect of using this card in a non-combo deck is being able to use the cards you draw faster than your opponents. So instead of drawing Batterskulls, lands, Jaces and equipaments, you want to be drawing stuff like Fireblast, Bolts and Forces. Just a thought.
    In UR Delver, Personal Tutor actually makes sense with the red miracle, too-it'll just refill your hand!

Thread Information