Page 817 of 956 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821827867917 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,340 of 19120

Thread: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Re: [DO NOT TRY TO SELL IN HERE] Pimp Legacy Decks

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Just pick the cards you like bro.

I personally dislike them, really.

Btw, posting an update of my decks, just a link so i dont cover half the page

Grixis
    Dredge
    Gorgeous decks - Cabal Therapy really is pretty in the old foil; those tokens are really cool too (the Voss ones, I have mixed feelings about Feyris as a character).

For me the new full art frame is just too busy to replace any of the original fetches/shocks. They're pretty novel in their own right, but stand out a little too much for my taste.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Promos and reprints are dogshit.

Nov 2010
    Tacoma, WA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    +1

bruizar

You arent doing the expeditions justice in the unpimp scale man. That artwork is a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by gRR!! View Post
    I'm starting to fall in Love BADLY with Old School Magic. What, I'll have to sell all my foil pimp to buy old goodies or what?

Anyway! Today in Super Secret Tech, a super-original Legacy Delver deck!

And here's its sideboard:

More pretty pics, in Super Secret Tech. Enjoy!
    I played this deck for 3-4 months, it was very fun but didn't put up any results and I kind of just gave up on it.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magical-yata View Post
    How do we feel about the Expedition Fetchlands and where they fall in the pimp scale?

I'm pretty sure Onslaught Foils > Expeditions, but I'm not as sure with the Zendikar Fetches.

What does the community think?
    In my opinion:

Onslaught>KTK>Expeditions
    Zendikar>Expeditions

I don't like reprints, except for some very exceptional cases (7th Edition foils, Mercadian Masques Brainstorm).

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Truly obvious attempt by Wizards to distract people from the fact that they won't actually be getting (what modern needs) a reprinting of fetchlands. Seems to be working pretty good so far.
    mtgpimp

Jul 2015
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Truly obvious attempt by Wizards to distract people from the fact that they won't actually be getting (what modern needs) a reprinting of fetchlands. Seems to be working pretty good so far.
    It's mostly a marketing move to sell a HELLUVA number of boxes. This is gonna be crazy.
    Personnaly, I'm gonna buy 1 or 2 boxes, but mostly to get a lot of lands to alter. If I get a expedition land I'll be super happy, but it's not a priority. But hey, most zen fetches are <30bucks, so I don't think it's too high, compared when sclading tarn was 80+ bucks.

-French Alters
    My altered art galery: http://french-alters.jimdo.com/
    I take commissions, PM for more infos!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Onslaught>KTK>Expeditions
    I don't understand how anyone could put the KTK fetches above anything. They are garbage and the expeditions look better even with the weird frame.

Jul 2015
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could put the KTK fetches above anything. They are garbage and the expeditions look better even with the weird frame.
    The expedition frame is awful. Really awful, they sould've kept the "normal" frame.

-French Alters
    My altered art galery: http://french-alters.jimdo.com/
    I take commissions, PM for more infos!

Quote Originally Posted by French Alters View Post
    The expedition frame is awful. Really awful, they sould've kept the "normal" frame.

-French Alters
    The normal modern frame is awful too and the expeditions have the added bonus of no dragon theme. People can irrationally hate the new lands all they want but there is just no way that the KTK fetches are more pimp than they are.

People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.

People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    I think you should just pick the art you like, who cares if its a reprint.

For example i will likely play FTV berserks if the artwork was inverted and the alpha one had the kiddo werewolf, for the same reason im fine with foil japanese KTK polluted, i dislike the art on the old ones, but if i had to pick a flooded i would pick the old one 100%.

Sure i think is "bad" if you pick a card over another just for the $$$ and you call it pimp, but i think once you go full pimp money is not even a issue
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Mar 2014
    Moscow

New card's desing after m15 is awful I think. Damn borders vanishing on the bottom of the card? But new fullart cards design is awful as well, text on the art makes it muuuaah
    Anyways I loke this land much better then others, really good art!

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    Comments like this are so out of touch. Wizards probably should have reprinted the ZEN fetches in MM2. They won't be reprinted in a Standard set until they find a Standard environment that needs them. It's possible they'll come in Oath of the Gatewatch, with only 3 months of 10 fetch Standard, or they'll come in 6 months in the post-rotation large set when Khans rotates out. This makes more sense I think because it guarantees that there will be fetches in Standard for the entire BFZ block, to pair with landfall as well as the new slowlands.

It's actually an obvious attempt by Wizards to appease people who are clamoring for them, without hurting the Standard environment that they're trying to create. Yeah it "sells packs" but fuck players eat this shit up like crack, so of course we want it. Why are we getting mad at Wizards for trying something new? It's unfortunate that it's in the set with the goofy hedrons, but other than that it's a good move by them all-around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishen View Post
    New card's desing after m15 is awful I think. Damn borders vanishing on the bottom of the card? But new fullart cards design is awful as well, text on the art makes it muuuaah
    I like the new borders, except the hologram looks goofy and the font change is lame. There's actually more room for art on the new cards. The text does kinda kill the Expedition lands though. They'd be so much nicer without the big white block of text on them.

My opinion on this "problem":

Artwork > everything else (and I really mean everything, if I like the art the most, I would play with WB cards).

Besides that, I like the art from the Flooded and the Steam Vents, all others are meh at best (although Godless Shrine and Misty are the best one among them).

Depending on how much they will cost and how much money I have spare, I might get a playset of the Flooded/Scalding Tarn (if it looks good).

Greetings,
    Kathal

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kathal View Post
    My opinion on this "problem":

Artwork > everything else (and I really mean everything, if I like the art the most, I would play with WB cards).

Besides that, I like the art from the Flooded and the Steam Vents, all others are meh at best (although Godless Shrine and Misty are the best one among them).

Depending on how much they will cost and how much money I have spare, I might get a playset of the Flooded/Scalding Tarn (if it looks good).

Greetings,
    Kathal
    Echoing this. I play KTK Strands in my Japanese Miracles deck because I like the art better. I mean, WTF is in the ONS one? Some grass and a little bit of a puddle? My idea of pimp also takes into account the scarcity or hard-to-find nature of the card. For example, I play a $75 Pyroclasm because that shit took months to source from Europe, and I play Coldsnap STPs because FBB are a dime a dozen. To me, pimping is as much about the troubles one has to go through to find a version of a card as it is about the price of the card. When they banned Birthing Pod in neo-extended, I could have sold all of my Japanese cards to further fund my Legacy collection, but the time and effort I spent gathering the Japanese versions of the cards in that deck were worth more to me than the money I could have recouped if I cashed out.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I don't get why people dislike ONS Flooded Strand, I find the art beautiful. The new fetches are not exactly pleasing, especially the Orgy version.

I love the ons art as well. While i dont mind the new art as much as some do, what irritates me is the stupid little holo stamp on the bottom. Hell with that nonsense

I prefer paintings. I don't even play ABU COP: Black.

Thread Information