Page 327 of 428 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 8554

Thread: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [Deck] GW/x Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by sanderanders View Post
    You are right ;-)

25 creatures:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Noble Hierarch
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Scryb Ranger
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Stoneforge Mystic

12 non-creature spells
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Sword of Light and Shadow
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Sylvan Library

23 lands

2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Plains
    1 Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wasteland
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Maze of Ith

Sideboard:
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Choke
    1 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Krosan Grip
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Zealous Persecution

I expect Grixis/UR Delver and Eldrazi to be the most present decks, so i put 2 Path to Exiles in the sideboard, i left Bojuka Bog and a Choke out for them.

I can leave out a Ethersworn Canonist tor a Containment Priest, not sure.

I also have doubt if i should play the Maze of Ith.
    Not sure I like Maze right now. Almost would rather play Ghost Quarter and combat Eldrazi.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Is the general consensus that cradle is basically necessary at this point? I haven't gotten to play with a cradle yet but it seems nuts, especially with rogues passage or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

You are right ;-)

25 creatures:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Noble Hierarch
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Scryb Ranger
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Stoneforge Mystic

12 non-creature spells
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Sylvan Library

23 lands

2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Plains
    1 Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    4 Wasteland
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Maze of Ith

Sideboard:
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Choke
    1 Containment Priest
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Krosan Grip
    2 Path to Exile
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Zealous Persecution

I expect Grixis/UR Delver and Eldrazi to be the most present decks, so i put 2 Path to Exiles in the sideboard, i left Bojuka Bog and a Choke out for them.

I can leave out a Ethersworn Canonist tor a Containment Priest, not sure.

I also have doubt if i should play the Maze of Ith.
    It looks like this is a 60 card list, in the maze spot I like a second library, Garruk or courser of kruphix

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Is the general consensus that cradle is basically necessary at this point? I haven't gotten to play with a cradle yet but it seems nuts, especially with rogues passage or something
    Cradle gives you some great turns. If you have a Thalia out and you play an equipment a lot of the time you will have enough mana out to cast the equipment, equip and attack. Also when you're playing against lands and they think they can lock you down with tabernacle, it negates the card. It's a must card for me😀

Quote Originally Posted by NEELEY View Post
    Cradle gives you some great turns. If you have a Thalia out and you play an equipment a lot of the time you will have enough mana out to cast the equipment, equip and attack. Also when you're playing against lands and they think they can lock you down with tabernacle, it negates the card. It's a must card for me😀
    Also I have learned against lands not to waste your wastelands, save them to get damage through when they try to stop you with mazes.

It looks like this is a 60 card list, in the maze spot I like a second library, Garruk or courser of kruphix
    thanks for the advice.

For my personale playstyle i think the Maze is a better match, because it does stuff no other card does in this deck and it is fetchable. It untaps attacking creatures with unblockable, flying or protection from colors or those who a just too big to handle for my blockers till i draw another Swords to Plowshares, but Maze also untaps my attacking creatures to save them if an oponents blocker flashes in or is being pumped up. Oh, did i mention the untap after damange trick with the Knight of the Reliquary? ;-) If it is a dead card i board it out the 2nd and 3rd match. I think i love Maze... ;-)

What i don't like about a second library is that it is a 2 of, not fetchable, so you cannot rely on it, you need to be lucky to draw it, but 2 in a hand is a dead card....so you have to be able to win without it either way.

Garruk just makes you more aggro, i think the deck it aggro enough like it is, with huge knights. But i see why it can be very good. 1 of so there can pass 10 games without him...

Courser doesn't work for me perosnaly, because it is a midgame card and by that time i don't need mana fixing and i like to keep the opponent in the dark about my hand. Card draw is nice though. I can see why you would play it.

thanks for the advice.

For my personale playstyle i think the Maze is a better match, because it does stuff no other card does in this deck and it is fetchable. It untaps attacking creatures with unblockable, flying or protection from colors or those who a just too big to handle for my blockers till i draw another Swords to Plowshares, but Maze also untaps my attacking creatures to save them if an oponents blocker flashes in or is being pumped up. Oh, did i mention the untap after damange trick with the Knight of the Reliquary? ;-) If it is a dead card i board it out the 2nd and 3rd match. I think i love Maze... ;-)

What i don't like about a second library is that it is a 2 of, not fetchable, so you cannot rely on it, you need to be lucky to draw it, but 2 in a hand is a dead card....so you have to be able to win without it either way.

Garruk just makes you more aggro, i think the deck it aggro enough like it is, with huge knights. But i see why it can be very good. 1 of so there can pass 10 games without him...

Courser doesn't work for me perosnaly, because it is a midgame card and by that time i don't need mana fixing and i like to keep the opponent in the dark about my hand. Card draw is nice though. I can see why you would play it.
    I think depending on the meta game. I play courser in an environment where death and taxes, burn is popular. If miracles and bug are popular Garruk is good because it's a great threat that is hard for them to deal with.

I think depending on the meta game. I play courser in an environment where death and taxes, burn is popular. If miracles and bug are popular Garruk is good because it's a great threat that is hard for them to deal with.
    Yes, i agree.

Now i need to figur out my sideboarding guide...any words of advice?

Feb 2016
    Maryland

How's it going guys. Local BUG Delver player here looking for some advice on a new deck. I really want to play KoTR and I don't know if I should play Aggro Loam or Maverick. Could you guys sell me on why I should play this over Loam? My play style fits BUG Delver to the T but I really want to have a second deck to use against my friends that isn't "tier 1".

http://imgur.com/8ezHzfk

4-1 with this in a league tonight. Should of been 5-0 but played bad vs. Zoo, oh well stuff happens :) . It has a small green sun package with only 2 gsz's. I main decked thoughtseize to help vs. combo and I wanted it to have the rock/maverick feel to it. Let me know what you guys think. My wins were against lands, miracles, show and tell and cloudpost.

Yes, i agree.

Now i need to figur out my sideboarding guide...any words of advice?
    What matches are you unsure of?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    How's it going guys. Local BUG Delver player here looking for some advice on a new deck. I really want to play KoTR and I don't know if I should play Aggro Loam or Maverick. Could you guys sell me on why I should play this over Loam? My play style fits BUG Delver to the T but I really want to have a second deck to use against my friends that isn't "tier 1".
    I have both decks and have played with both in scg legacy classics. Aggro loam wins some games pretty easily but hasn't been very consistent to me. I seem to do a lot better when I'm playing maverick. I like both decks but I would say if you want a bit more consistency, maverick has been great and gives me good results, either deck though gets to play choke :) , which is great!

What matches are you unsure of?
    Mostly Eldrazi. I put in 2 Path to Exiles in my sideboard, but now i think about it, with the Chalice of the Void in the Eldrazi decks, 2 Dismembers is maybe the better choice as Eldrazi-hate, isn't it?

In lesser form i also think Combo decks or any deck with True Name Nemesis, or Elves are bad match ups for me.

Maybe decks like Dredge and Storm, and offcourse Miracles (but who isn't?)

I mostly lack a bit more experience of wich cards of my sideboard need to go in versus a certain matchup.
    Last edited by sanderanders; 04-07-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Apr 2016
    Italy

Hi all,

i need some help. Currently i play Maverick but in my current meta i see so much TA and D&T deck. Can i have some help for changing my list for adapt her on my meta?

Creatures

1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Noble Hierarch
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Scryb Ranger
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Mother of Runes

Instants and Sorceries

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

Enchantments

1 Sylvan Library

Planeswalkers

1 Garruk Relentless

Artifacts

1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

Lands

1 Bayou
    1 Gaea's Cradle
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas
    1 Plains
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Savannah
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Marsh Flats

SB

2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Choke
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Zealous Persecution
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    3 Thoughtseize

Thx all and my apologies for my terrible english

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Better utility 1 drop green sun target, Granger Guildmage or Thornscape apprentice?
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

That's pretty meta dependent, right? Do you expect to see more Mentors/Pyromancers/Dark Confidants/Elves/D&T or more Reanimator/Sneak and Show/Dark Depths/Tarmogoyfs/Knights?

Apr 2016
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Better utility 1 drop green sun target, Granger Guildmage or Thornscape apprentice?
    all good but i think i need to insert some red sources for abilities of granger and thornscape

That's pretty meta dependent, right? Do you expect to see more Mentors/Pyromancers/Dark Confidants/Elves/D&T or more Reanimator/Sneak and Show/Dark Depths/Tarmogoyfs/Knights?
    I think

Mentors ----> low
    Pyro-----> low
    confidat-----> some
    elves----> some
    d&t-----> so much
    reanimator----> several
    s&s-----> i dont think
    DD-----> low
    tarmo----> so much
    knight----> low

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by BlackNight View Post
    all good but i think i need to insert some red sources for abilities of granger and thornscape

I think

Mentors ----> low
    Pyro-----> low
    confidat-----> some
    elves----> some
    d&t-----> so much
    reanimator----> several
    s&s-----> i dont think
    DD-----> low
    tarmo----> so much
    knight----> low
    I'm splashing red for a few terrible things already like a Huntmaster. I do like the thought of shoring up Reaniderp and DD matchs though.

5-0 in a league(the only one I used maverick in) and a 9th place finish a few weeks ago in the classic. What else do I need to do to convince myself to play it this weekend in the scg Classic?

http://www.mtgdecks.net/decks/view/612393

5-0 in a league(the only one I used maverick in) and a 9th place finish a few weeks ago in the classic. What else do I need to do to convince myself to play it this weekend in the scg Classic?

http://www.mtgdecks.net/decks/view/612393
    What do you run banishing light for? Why not pithing needle?

Thread Information