Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

[Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Seriously? Is this really needed? Foil Swords already exist as promo and normal swords are about 2€. There is no need to increase the amount of pimp on the market.

We NEED FoW goddamn
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: [Judge Promo] Swords to Plowshares (new frame)

Ugh, seriously? It doesn't even look good. We already had an old border foil!

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Swords to 3-woods?

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I gotta admit that I like that artwork - but still - new border, bluuurgh.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Swords to 3-woods?
    FOREs to Plowshares

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Honestly I can't stand old frames anymore. I wrote a 1538-page letter to Wizards went it happened - this was like, 10 months after I started playing , so of course I raged about it - but man did I get over it quickly. Especially the bit about emphasizing power and toughness in the way that they have; in retrospect on older cards, p/t looks like an afterthought, something that just gets jammed in the corner and forgotten, because you'd rather be playing Black and Blue spells anyway.

I stand by my golf club comment. It looks like a driver.

FOREs to Plowshares
    haha yes. much better.

Now all I want to see is an alternate StP art based on this:

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    FOREs to Plowshares
    Swords to Golf Club
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Personally I dislike the new card frame and have since they started using it, but that's besides the point here.

I love foils and I collect foil sets and love to play them and show them off to people, and nothing gives me more pleasure that beating someone in the face with my all foil Death and Taxes deck... at least as foil as it can be without looking ugly, ie: the judge Karakas. I hate the Karakas mainly because of the enormous and hideous shooting star across half the card, it's over done. I would've wanted a set of them if the shooting star wasn't obnoxious, but tastefully done such as the old frame foils, set foils, or even the way they did the stars for grand prix where the set symbol goes. Just ugly across the whole text box, so because of that my Death and Taxes deck has a set of FNM StP and a set of foil Ports and a set of MPR wastelands, the awesome foils, you know, not the ugly Karakas. 71 of 75 cards foil is better than 75 of 75 if it means not playing the judge karakas. The picture on the judge swords is fine, just not iconic for the card that everyone loves, but the non-selling point for many I know and I'm sure many of you guys/gals on the Source, is the star across the text box like that.

End of rant about the hideous judge promo shooting stars... at least until they make another one of my favorite cards ugly with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

The art looks like a blurred picture of Tiger Woods.

There's already a foil version (this takes the exclusiveness aways, although the old frame and original art put the other version way above this one), I think there are far better options for Judge Promos, Force of Will being the elephant in the room.

I do like the fact that they are giving older cards Judge Promo treatment. A small part of me still has hope for a Reserve List abolishment and the consequential flourishing of the best format in Magic.
    It's also scientifically proven that resolving Nicol Bolas during a competitive legacy event causes the caster's penis to grow a good two or three inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

I wish they just used the Terese Nielsen art. That would look awesome in foil.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Wow that art is ugly.

HAHAHAHAHAHA here you go buddy thanks for all your hardwork! A $5.00 turd foil.

A judge could work as a 3rd world farm laborer for better pay off.

WotC: we need non-foil Korean old border judge promos! Now! Pay these people!

Old brown bordered non-foil Korean Chalice of the Void / 3ball / Lodestone Golem / Blightsteel (Grrr!) would be insta $200.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

- Art looks like someone threw up
    - Modern frame
    - Foiled

That's three strikes. Disgusting.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

A judge could work as a 3rd world farm laborer for better pay off.

Old brown bordered non-foil Korean Chalice of the Void / 3ball / Lodestone Golem / Blightsteel (Grrr!) would be insta $200.
    Dont forget Crucible of Worlds. A card designed by players deserves to be in old brown frame.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

So you're choosing Korean over non-Foil? Ew. I can't stand foreign cards and people who use them annoy the crap outta me. At least foiling adds life to the card.
    Legacy:
    Combo Elves
    WB Tokens
    Cheeri0s

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Can't believe all the tears and crying here. I like the stp promo. Gives two options to a staple that will exist indefinitely. Amazing what people will weep and whine about.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I like the effect that the picture gives. It's definitely different. I do agree that the shooting star is kinda Meh. But I mean its still a unique art to Magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Beta swords to plow has the most class.

The art is awesome
    TheRiedl on Magic Online

About Magic Online:

I can play legacy whenever I want. Cardboard has no value. Data has no value. My time and enjoyment has high value to me. More legacy = more fun. Buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    When Obilivion Ring is said to be an equivalent counterpiece to Red Elemental Blast in regards to Show and Tell and Jace, you know all is lost.

Recently picked up an FNM foil swords, this doesn't really make me regret that decision

old border, ABU artwork + John Milton quote > new border, dark blurry foil, random EvT duel deck quote
    Nowhere do you see: Efficient Answers to Other Cards. Force and MMS will never be banned. Deal.
    Bardo, Site Admin

Thread Information