Thread: The Source Secret Santa 2019

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

The Source Secret Santa 2019

Wow it's November already, let's get this going again.

The classic formula: PM me your budget, your wishlist & all that shipment nonsense and you'll get paired up with like-budgeted Santas. Also clarify if you're feeling dangerous and up for going international, because sometimes that's a whole thing.

Cheers and merriment and whatnot!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Nimble Mongoose
    Mar 2009

Re: The Source Secret Santa 2019

Definitely in! Will pm later :)

In as well and will pm tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Deadline?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Deadline?
    Let's say by this Friday the 6th.
    Pairing will be on Sunday night/Monday morning.

That will leave a healthy 2 weeks to collect, alter & ship as required.

Thanks guys

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Let's say by this Friday the 6th.
    Pairing will be on Sunday night/Monday morning.

That will leave a healthy 2 weeks to collect, alter & ship as required.

Thanks guys
    Cool, i'm in.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I have fully acquired the loot for my victim... er..... receiver. It should go out Monday at the latest!
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Nimble Mongoose
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    I have fully acquired the loot for my victim... er..... receiver. It should go out Monday at the latest!
    Good news, 'cuz I just shipped it out, like moments ago

Officially sent. If tracking is needed can provide!

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I know I'm late to the party, but I totally missed this before Christmas. Having a little newborn at home also made me totally forget about it. Sadly it's so quiet on the community page that I only noticed the 4 card blind topic being active. I hope the few participants still had a good time though. Perhaps this year we can get this going a bit earlier because I've always very much liked the event!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

@ UseLess : Congratulations on your growing family!
    @ PirateKing : Thank you for organizing it again last year! Sorry I totally missed it, hope everyone had a lot of fun, any bragging?
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

It was a late mailing, plus international, so it might be another week, but I'm hopeful to see the bragging soon.
    Really thank the participants, even at the smallest participation, we'll have many years of unbroken tradition.
    Thanks guys.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    I only noticed the 4 card blind topic being active
    It's not a coincidence. this is a meaningfull indication that you should participate in it!

I'm glad the secret santa exists (even if i did not participate since a long time).

If the timing both directions is the same, I'm betting my receiver has theirs any day now. I have a mystery package sitting in my metro area with a funky tracking number and "collect on delivery" listed on it... I have a hunch that might be my santa's gift!

Well I was half right... the package was delivered but it wasn't the one I thought it was based on tracking. It also appears customs opened the gift but fortunately left the chocolates and cards in tact :)

My wishlist included signed pox cards, which are obscure and even more difficult to find then actual pox players, and cool pirate cards and candy. My secret Santa did not disappoint! More fitting was that the pirates travelled across the raging Atlantic from Italy to the states. It even came with a personalized mistform ultimus reminding me that changelings, too, can be pirates!

In case it doesn't show, they are alllll shiny (except the two blue alters), come from around the world (in many languages, as pirates fly under no flag but their own) and included some nice hazelnut chocolates to snack on while I brew up some sweet shiny sea faring jank!

Thank you very much Matteo!

These will fit in perfectly with the shiny pirate and treasure tokens last years Santa delivered!

Oct 2013
    Berlin

No bragging this year? Unfortunately, wasn't able to make it but still curious to see what you guys got.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

It was a small year, waiting on 1 other to brag and then it's on to 2020

Thread Information