Page 392 of 533 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 7,821 to 7,840 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    Played small local event, ended up 2:3, losing 5 of 6 games to Dread of Night! Once i got double Dread of Night ... not smthg that lifts one's spirit.

How do you approach matchup agains 4c control? I board in: 2x Gideon, 2x Council's Judgment (Dread of Night, Liliana, Jace, Jitte, Leovold), 2x Rest in Peace, 2x Path to Exile (replacement for StP), Palace Jailer and Magus if playing red. Out: 3x Phyrexian Revoker, 1x Sanctum Prelate (they seem to have billions of different removals), 4x Swords to Plowshares, 1-2x Flickerwisp. Is it correct to cut some of our removals? I found Deathrite Shaman to be very annoying (want StP) on one hand but struggling with low threat count on the other (don't want StP). Is it justifiable to cut single Aether Vial postboard?
    Generally you board out a couple copies of Mom too as well as trim down to a single copy of Flickerwisp. Prelate stays in as a better "Mother of Runes" because its a 2/2. Likewise for game 3 if you see that your opponent brought in more than a single copy of Dread of Night you also be leaving Revokers in.

But yeah when you board out Swords to Plowshares you're actually boarding in only Rest in Peace for (DRS and Goyf) and no more than that. If they are on TNN BUG I would just keep all your Revokers in instead and still proceed to take out a couple copies of Swords to Plowshares.

Boarding in extra spot removal and keeping the full playset of Swords to Plowshares is only recommended vs Delver.

Quote Originally Posted by Lio View Post
    Played small local event, ended up 2:3, losing 5 of 6 games to Dread of Night! Once i got double Dread of Night ... not smthg that lifts one's spirit.

How do you approach matchup agains 4c control? I board in: 2x Gideon, 2x Council's Judgment (Dread of Night, Liliana, Jace, Jitte, Leovold), 2x Rest in Peace, 2x Path to Exile (replacement for StP), Palace Jailer and Magus if playing red. Out: 3x Phyrexian Revoker, 1x Sanctum Prelate (they seem to have billions of different removals), 4x Swords to Plowshares, 1-2x Flickerwisp. Is it correct to cut some of our removals? I found Deathrite Shaman to be very annoying (want StP) on one hand but struggling with low threat count on the other (don't want StP). Is it justifiable to cut single Aether Vial postboard?
    I think they run somewhere in the realm of 12 actual threats. I have found that having a ton of 1 cmc removal against them is really good.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Went 5-4 at SCG Worcester today, exact same list I played last week (link here). Started off 4-0 and then lost 4 of my next 5. Ugh.

Pretty exhausted right now so here's the short version of highlights:

I played burn three times, winning two of them. Both opponents thought Prelate affected all spells, which bought me many turns unintentionally. I'm not sure if this was due to their lack of experience with the format. The match I lost I was just a victim of variance. G1 I barely lost but G2 I was never even in. Shit happens.

I played Miracles twice (R7 & R8), coming pretty close to winning games and then getting essentially combo'd out by Mentor. It was a rough feeling. Of the 4 games I lost, 3 were to a ton of huge monks and 1 was to angels. SoWaP is amazing as long as your creatures stick.

My last round was against BR Reanimator. G1 I couldn't do much, G2 I drew a ton of my sideboard hate and he kept Decaying it, but I had enough pressure to still win. G3 he had a T1 Sire of Insanity (imagine my dread as I dump 4 sideboard cards in my graveyard). After his second attack I draw Karakas and pass, third attack I draw Swords to Plowshares and take care of Sire while I'm on 2 life. Next few turns I draw a Mom and another STP, but he gets in a Grave Titan; I can handle the Titan but couldn't handle the zombies. Felt bad.

Happy with how the deck ran, and happy with how I played. Lots of hate for D&T was out there today, but the deck was evvvvverywhere (along with Miracles, too). Much more Burn at the top tables than I expected, too. Lots of people capitalizing on greedy midrange decks, I guess.

Iatee on camera.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Iatee on camera.
    Who? :)

I am not happy to see Magus in this deck of yours again. I already dislike playing against DnT as it is.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Only caught the end of the second game. That wasn't even close and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Stomping miracles is my favorite past time.

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    Iatee on camera.
    Magus doing a surprising amount of work! Also great play in g1 with the double Plow read and willingness to push out Prelate, the Terminus protection, on one for the win.

G2 just looked like opponent kept in CB and Cavern and Prelate won the match > _ <

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBurns View Post
    Magus doing a surprising amount of work! Also great play in g1 with the double Plow read and willingness to push out Prelate, the Terminus protection, on one for the win.

G2 just looked like opponent kept in CB and Cavern and Prelate won the match > _ <
    SO u dont think guys the new gideon comes in DNT?

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Watching him crush Miracles was very satisfying. Makes me want to buy Plateaus and Magus now...

Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    Watching him crush Miracles was very satisfying. Makes me want to buy Plateaus and Magus now...
    link?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I am not sure Miracles is the deck you really want Magus for. Sure, sometimes you will just get them, but Miracles is one of the more resistant decks in the format to Moon effects.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by fluuu View Post
    link?
    It was a live stream. It'll probably be on YouTube later this week, though. It's the SCG Worcester Legacy Open.

He just lost his win-and-in to Big Red, which has got to hurt. Still, congrats to him about the result. Curious to read his report.

It was indeed heartbreaking to watch him lose his win-and-in. At the same time, it was a demonstration of how DnT loses: by being an abnormally fair deck. If he had drawn a land sooner Game 3 I'm convinced that he would still be in the game.

Regardless, congrats on the result!

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

Game 3 was heartbreaking, but watching him take care of Emrakul on game 2 was awesome.

Opponent casts Through The Breach to put in Emrakul, iatee taps Vial and puts in Flickerwisp targeting Emrakul. Next turn bounces Emrakul to hand with Karakas.

Won a 26 man tournament today, playing the following list:

Lands (23)
    2 Scrubland
    3 Flooded Strand
    5 Plains
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls

Creatures (27)
    3 Mother of Runes
    1 Judge's Familiar
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Serra Avenger
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Flickerwisp
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Mirran Crusader

Other (11)
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

Sideboard (15)
    2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Council's Judgment
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Blessed Alliance
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    1 Sword of War and Peace

R1: Burn 2-1
    R2: Miracles 2-1
    R3: Eldrazi 2-0
    R4: ID
    R5: ID

QF: Miracles 2-1
    HF: Miracles 2-0
    F: Miracles 2-0

All miracles builds were mentor miracles. My sb plan was -2 stp, -2 mother, -1 mirran, -1 judge's familiar +2 gideon, +1 needle, +1 sowap, +1 palace jailer, +1 prelate.

Won the Legacy Classic on Sunday

Beat Lands 2-0

Bant Deathblade 2-1

4C Control 2-0

Grixis Delver 2-1

Miracles 2-0

Aggro Loam 1-1-1

Omni-Attack 2-1

Drew (Technically conceded) to Bryant Cook Round 8 to get 4th place. If we drew here, I would have been 1st seed.

Top 8

Miracles 2-1 (same dude as in the swiss)

TES 2-1 (Bryant Cook)

Shardless BUG 2-0 We split the prize tickets and played for the plaque.

I got to the event at 9:34 am, just in the nick of time. I wanted to change up my sideboard a bit before the event but I didn't have time. I probably would've cut Relic-Warder for a Prelate. I would not change the main 60 one bit. SCG says I am playing 2 Prelate main, but I am only playing 1.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by NeckBird View Post
    Won the Legacy Classic on Sunday

Beat Lands 2-0

Bant Deathblade 2-1

4C Control 2-0

Grixis Delver 2-1

Miracles 2-0

Aggro Loam 1-1-1

Omni-Attack 2-1

Drew (Technically conceded) to Bryant Cook Round 8 to get 4th place. If we drew here, I would have been 1st seed.

Top 8

Miracles 2-1 (same dude as in the swiss)

TES 2-1 (Bryant Cook)

Shardless BUG 2-0 We split the prize tickets and played for the plaque.

I got to the event at 9:34 am, just in the nick of time. I wanted to change up my sideboard a bit before the event but I didn't have time. I probably would've cut Relic-Warder for a Prelate. I would not change the main 60 one bit. SCG says I am playing 2 Prelate main, but I am only playing 1.
    Nice playing you, congrats on first.

Thanks for conceding me in, it was a very nice thing that you totally didn't have to do. I would've made it if we drew (as we found out through the wrong point totals), but I was in 7th with bad breakers with 2 people who could've jumped me.

If I had beaten you in top 4, I was going to message you on facebook to give you some wizbux. Fortunately for you, that didn't need to happen ;)

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

This is a bit off-topic, but I wonder: if someone concedes so you make Top8 and you end up playing vs them at any point in the Top8, do you let them go first if you are the higher seed?
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

@neckbird
    Congrats on your finish! You're a brave man to scoop Bryant Cook into the top 8. Not only is he is a phenomenal player, but our TES matchup is a little rough to boot. I would snap accept a draw, but otherwise I would have played in hopes of knocking him out. I 100% understand if you needed the time to eat/recuperate before the top 8 though.

Thread Information