Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BOM 2012 Coverage

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

Re: BOM 2012 Coverage

They didn't play out the top 4, just splited (1500euros plus 10 bilands each, not bad).

Top 4 isn't public yet.

I didn't found errors in the decklists (exept tarmoguyof and missing cards), but the cards are in english or french so it is difficult for non frenchspeaker.

Yeah coverage was lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

I liked the Tempo-Manabase with 2 Trops, 1 Taiga and a few Fetches :)
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Coverage as bad as this really makes me want to fly there despite my (currently) broken knee and just sit there and upload the results of each round. Can't be that hard.

Also, there's this prejudice in Europe saying that the French have the worst English on the entire continent. As much as I hate prejudices, the coverage speaks for itself.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Also, there's this prejudice in Europe saying that the French have the worst English on the entire continent. As much as I hate prejudices, the coverage speaks for itself.
    ...wasn't ballsy enough to go out on a limb here, but this is so true.
    In response...Hypothek!

Truth be told Amercians have the worst French on the continent ...

Aug 2011
    Italy

Don't know about Americans but I'll take my hat off to any non-native French speaker who can pronounce the difference between moi, mois and moins.. (off to my weekly French class...)

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    Don't know about Americans but I'll take my hat off to any non-native French speaker who can pronounce the difference between moi, mois and moins.. (off to my weekly French class...)
    Mwuah.

Moe-Ann.

Not sure about "Mois."
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

Okay the coverage is in bad english.

But they tried, does wizard or starcity have any real non english coverage ?(rethorical question here)

At least they tried (and yes they failled ), that's most than what you can say about the others.

Had anyone tried to follow the coverage of a japan legacy tournament ? (or any other country's).

Guys seriously you could also have checked the coverage in spanish, what more to ask?
    Last edited by Plm; 05-21-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

We certainly are not the best in English, but we own you at magic ! ;)

The tempo zoo is absolutely not a canadian. The player (Cyril) is Sea r hill on the source, made 20th at GP amsterdam with the deck (also 4th at side event legacy french championship and 4th at the french legacy championship, and other minor results).

3 volc are lacking. The mana base is ok. Not the best one but still ok.

Videos are coming, but I think (and hope) it'll be in French !
    Forgive my bad English...

snooty tea cats

Jan 2008

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy-man View Post
    We certainly are not the best in English, but we are much better at passing around Godbooks! ;)
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ochoa
    Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I just come for the pretty pictures and mono-trolls.

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    These are the same incomplete lists that were linked earlier.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

I sure as hell don't know any French, but I'll set for complete Top 8 decklists in French, Swahili, Klingon, or whatever works for the site organizers at this point.

Gang leader of the Squirtle Squad
    Oct 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Plm View Post
    That's true.

But they tried, does wizard or starcity have any real non english coverage ?(rethorical question here)
    Uhm, no? America has the "luxury" (if you really wan't to see it that stubborn) to have the global language as their mother tongue, so no need to do such nonsense anyway. Stop beeing ridiculous.

We certainly are not the best in English, but we own you at magic ! ;)
    Proof? (the 2nd part of that statement)

Videos are coming, but I think (and hope) it'll be in French !
    What the fukc dude. Simply because that you and your unread fellow men can understand the "coverage" while the majority of players who are waiting for it can't? Show some respect to the people who make the tourney what it is actually and don't bath in your misplaced ego/national pride here.
    In response...Hypothek!

At least they tried (and yes they failled ), that's most than what you can say about the others.

Had anyone tried to follow the coverage of a japan legacy tournament ? (or any other country's).

Guys seriously you could also have checked the coverage in spanish, what more to ask?
    So what if they are from France? This was an international tournament and was advertised as one. They also had fliers in English and mentioned on quite a few places that they are expecting people from all over the world. Not the case in Japan.
    I'm pretty sure that if they really wanted more quality they would have contacted some English born speakers to help with coverage and would sort the connection issue in advance. Is it hard to go to a local ISP provider and ask if they can provide a good upload connection for a few days? And in return promise advertising etc?

Not sure why I'm even giving out ideas. Coverage was seriously lacking in this new media world, hopefully some things will change next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    So what if they are from France? This was an international tournament and was advertised as one. They also had fliers in English and mentioned on quite a few places that they are expecting people from all over the world. Not the case in Japan.
    I'm pretty sure that if they really wanted more quality they would have contacted some English born speakers to help with coverage and would sort the connection issue in advance. Is it hard to go to a local ISP provider and ask if they can provide a good upload connection for a few days? And in return promise advertising etc?

Not sure why I'm even giving out ideas. Coverage was seriously lacking in this new media world, hopefully some things will change next year.
    Obviously the coverage is lacking. Each year it is the same. However, how can you guys dare criticize those men that organise the biggest legacy tournament each year (non organised by wotc) ?
    A few of them are making more efforts in comparison than Wotc staff, proposing great side events (nothing like the GPs ones), huge prices. I mean HUGE.
    So videos are coming, the room they rented for the WE did not have an internet connection. They also have problably to tidy up, to clean the room.
    I think the video will be in French... guess what, it is a French tournament, made by French guys, covered by a French team. So if you want to understand the videos, ask me, I'll translate it. It's totally logical that the videos are in French isn't it ?

Btw, I was just taunting about the French people being better... but if you really wanna make comparison, just look at our pros and what they've won (Matignon and Wafo tapa are back btw, they could have trusted once again the wolrd championship if wizard had not cancelled it).

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Yes, I can follow the coverage of SCG easily, despite being from Austria.

I understand German and English, but neither French nor Spanish. Now guess what I ask for?

Having a decent English coverage would be good publicity for the event to attract more people from other countries.

No English coverage? Kkthxbye.

Obviously the coverage is lacking. Each year it is the same. However, how can you guys dare criticize those men that organise the biggest legacy tournament each year (non organised by wotc) ?
    I couldn't go there but would have loved to enjoy an understandable coverage. So, why am I not allowed to criticize the lack of coverage?

I think the video will be in French... guess what, it is a French tournament, made by French guys, covered by a French team. So if you want to understand the videos, ask me, I'll translate it. It's totally logical that the videos are in French isn't it ?
    If you give a rats ass about other countries, sure.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Still an amazing event, and anything we can get from it is always welcome
    Matt Bevenour in real life

I am not criticizing other countries hellspawn, but imagine some austrian organize such a bog event, would they give a priority to a german coverage or to an English one ? (beside the fact that you have several languages spoken in your country if I am not wrong...).

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

No surprise here, French put on an amazing tournament, everyone gets excited and asks to get a piece of the pie. French only coverage gives a royal arrogant "we're French, deal with it".
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Thread Information