Page 94 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2033

Thread: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

Re: Ravnica really needs to introduce a 7th basic landtype.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Its not a “mary sue” land. As far as competitive play goes, this would not make any impact. Decades of experience demonstrated that comes into play tapped lands are a nonstarter in competitive gameplay, especially in a world where fetchlands and duallands exist.

It would see casual/kitchen table play. No one would bring Ravnica land to a tournament.

Highland on the otherhand might possibly see competitive play (not likely but possible), but since it requires your whole deck to be build around it, and it forces you to forego consistency, thats a more than fair trade off.
    It's not a real trade-off though. Who seriously makes good turn 1 or 2 turn one plays in casual? I windmill slam this down on t1, and then I could be playing wastes for the rest of the game and still have a pretty good mana base. And "comes into play tapped" isn't even a non-starter in competitive. Vesuva and cloud post come to mind as the biggest examples. If you're on the play the card basically says "An opponent draws a card. For the rest of the game, lands you control tap for any color" That's good enough for a few competitive formats.
    Wastes is a basic land. This land would be akin to Wastes
    Wastes have no land type. There are six different basic lands. There are five basic land types.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    There are six different basic lands.
    Harsh diss to the Snow-Covered
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Harsh diss to the Snow-Covered
    The ice age is over. Get over it. >:O

Re: Obligatory shitty card creation thread

How about something like:

RR
    Overpressure
    Enchantment
    Whenever a player would cast an instant or sorcery spell, that player creates a copy of that spell and puts the spell into his or her graveyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    How about something like:
    Is this designed to make all instants and sorceries uncounterable? Because copies can be countered like normal spells, this would only get around triggered abilities like chalice and countrbalance.
    I'm trying to figure out what it does.

Is this designed to make all instants and sorceries uncounterable? Because copies can be countered like normal spells, this would only get around triggered abilities like chalice and countrbalance.
    Storm is a triggered ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    Storm is a triggered ability.
    And?
    This card has no relevant interaction with storm.
    Like I said: What is this card supposed to do?

I was mostly trying for something interesting and different rather than a specific impact.

It messes with stuff like chalice, counterbalance, storm, prowess, and monastery mentor. It also has interesting interactions with non-targeted graveyard or self exile like Ill-gotten gains.

Edit: Oh... Standstill too.

And?
    This card has no relevant interaction with storm.
    Like I said: What is this card supposed to do?
    Storm: When you cast this spell, copy it for each other spell that was cast before it this turn. If the spell has any targets, you may choose new targets for any of the copies

This card replaces the cast with something else, so there is no cast. You don't increase storm count, and you don't get storm copies. I'd say that's pretty meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I was mostly trying for something interesting and different rather than a specific impact.

It messes with stuff like chalice, counterbalance, storm, prowess, and monastery mentor. It also has interesting interactions with non-targeted graveyard or self exile like Ill-gotten gains.

Edit: Oh... Standstill too.
    OK, that's actually kinda cool.

I think certain cards from Hearthstone should be fine if they transitioned to MtG with some adjustments. For example:

Naturalize
    Instant
    Destroy target creature. It can't be regenerated. An opponent draws two cards.

Branching Paths
    Sorcery
    Choose two. You may choose they same mode more than once.
    · Draw a card.
    · Put a +1/+0 counter on each creature you control.
    · You gain 6 life.

Nourish
    Sorcery
    Choose one -
    · Search your library for two land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
    · Draw three cards.

Flamewaker
    Creature - Devil
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Flamewaker deals 2 damage divided as you choose among one or two targets.
    2/4

Flame Imp
    Creature - Imp Demon
    When Flame Imp enters the battlefield, it deals 3 damage to you.
    3/2

Malchezaar's Imp
    Creature - Imp Demon
    Whenever you discard a card, if you discarded it at random, draw a card.
    1/3

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Do you think a 2 mana chalice of the void permanently set for 1CMC would be too powerful/broken in legacy? Like wif chalice decks had chalice 5-8, would that put a damper on blue cartel shell or would it simply entrench blue cartel/chalice decks even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Do you think a 2 mana chalice of the void permanently set for 1CMC would be too powerful/broken in legacy? Like wif chalice decks had chalice 5-8, would that put a damper on blue cartel shell or would it simply entrench blue cartel/chalice decks even more.
    I imagine it would hit other stuff harder. The 'cantrip cartel' does still make it easier to find anti-chalice tech like Ingot Chewer,Shattering Spree or Ancient Grudge. I'm also not sure it would have a positive impact on the play experience in general, and replacing the cantrip cartel with some kind of 'legacy shops' thing isn't necessarily going to promote a more diverse metagame.

A few white cards:

Angelic Intervention 3WW
    Instant
    You may exile a white card from your hand and have each opponent gain 1 life rather than pay Angelic Intervention’s mana cost.
    Put target spell or nonland permanent on top of its owner’s library.

Burden of Solitude W
    Enchantment
    Creatures can’t attack or block alone.

Desperate Conscriptions 3W
    Instant
    Affinity for damage dealt to you this turn
    Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
    Gravestorm

Envoy of Peace 1W
    Instant
    Until end of turn, if you would be dealt damage by a source you don’t control, investigate instead.

Fall Back W
    Instant
    Scry 3, then manifest the top card of your library.
    Put a permanent you control on top of its owner’s library.

Golden-Tail Ascendant WW
    Legendary Planeswalker - Golden-Tail
    +1: Put a training counter on target creature. That creature gains bushido 1 and becomes a Samurai in addition to its other creature types.
    0: Until your next turn, you may cast creature spells as though they had flash.
    -1: Remove X loyalty counters from Golden-Tail Ascendant. Creatures you control get +X/+X until end of turn.

Politeness W
    Enchantment
    Split second — Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, it becomes a 1/1 creature without abilities until end of turn. (Players can’t cast spells or active abilities unless they’re mana abilities while this ability is on the stack.)

Veteran Templar 1W
    Creature - Cat Knight
    Vigilance
    W, T: Search your library for an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less, reveal it, then cast it without paying its mana cost with target creature you control as a target. Then shuffle your library. (You can’t cast it if you can’t target that creature this way.)
    2/3

Voice of the Masses XW
    Instant
    Convoke
    Counter target spell unless its controller pays X, and 1 for each creature convoked for this spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mat View Post

Politeness W
    Enchantment
    Split second — Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, it becomes a 1/1 creature without abilities until end of turn. (Players can’t cast spells or active abilities unless they’re mana abilities while this ability is on the stack.)
    I like the idea on this one. I'm guessing the idea here is to have creatures not be able to use any abilities when they ETB and wait until the next turn? If so, might need to have them "come into play as..." instead of losing abilities on an ETB trigger, but I'm not a rules lawyer and i didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night either. :).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

Quote Originally Posted by ronco View Post
    I like the idea on this one. I'm guessing the idea here is to have creatures not be able to use any abilities when they ETB and wait until the next turn? If so, might need to have them "come into play as..." instead of losing abilities on an ETB trigger, but I'm not a rules lawyer and i didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night either. :).
    If that's the idea then you're right: You need a replacement effect to make sure they enter as 1/1's with no abilities. By saying that this ability uses the stack it is implied that this is a triggered ability, but if that was the case then their ETB abilities would still trigger since they'd still have them when they enter.

If that's the idea then you're right: You need a replacement effect to make sure they enter as 1/1's with no abilities. By saying that this ability uses the stack it is implied that this is a triggered ability, but if that was the case then their ETB abilities would still trigger since they'd still have them when they enter.
    I know that ETB abilities will still work. I intended it to do away with the unanswerable abilities of cards like griselbrand, young pyromancer or monastery mentor. By creating a window of opportunity where the creatures are vulnerable and their abilities can't be used. It's also a (temporary hoser) of haste, sac abilities, protection, hexproof and shroud.

A few red cards:

Akki Gold Digger 1R
    Creature - Goblin Scout
    When Akki Gold Digger enters the battlefield, shuffle your graveyard, then return a card at random from your graveyard to your hand.
    When Akki Gold Digger dies, you may choose a card from your graveyard and shuffle it among the top four cards of your library.
    2/1

Akki Avalanchers #2 R
    Creature - Goblin Warrior
    Haste
    Akki Avalanchers #2 can’t attack or block unless a land was put into a graveyard from anywhere this turn.
    2/2

Horny Staticaster RR
    Creature - Minotaur Wizard
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell, Horny Staticaster deals 1 damage to any target.
    2/1

Jaya's Familiar 1R
    Creature - Lizard
    Unleash
    When Jaya’s Familiar enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a blue permanent.
    2/1

Lava Tremors RRR
    Sorcery
    Destroy target nonbasic land. Lava Tremors deals 2 damage to each creature that land’s controller controls.

Smasherhorn RR
    Legendary Creature - Minotaur Berserker
    Trample
    Split second — Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield, destroy it and put a +1/+1 counter on Smasherhorn. (As long as this ability is on the stack, players can’t cast spells or activate abilities that aren’t mana abilities.)
    2/1

Spellsplinter 1R
    Instant
    Rather than pay Spellsplinter’s mana cost, you may return a mountain you control to its owner’s hand.
    Copy target instant or sorcery spell you don’t control unless its controller pays 1. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Steam Elemental 2R
    Creature - Elemental
    Flash
    Split second
    Blue creatures get +1/-1.
    3/2

Stir the Pot R
    Instant
    Choose two in the order of your choice —
    • Draw a card.
    • Scry X, where X is the number of cards target opponent drew this turn.
    • For each player, you may have that player shuffle their library.

Storm Brain R
    Instant
    You may draw a card. If you don’t, draw a card at the beginning of the next turn’s upkeep.
    Target player draws two cards, then puts two random cards from his or her hand on top of his or her library in a random order.
    Last edited by Mad Mat; 11-04-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Magus of Humility 2WW
    Creature - Human Cleric
    Creatures in play lose all abilities and are 1/1's.
    4/4

So he turns himself into a 1/1 and takes away his own ability causing a paradox!

I love your cards MadHat. Because you typed them up here, it's a shame they will never see print. Not like Wizards is progressive enough to make something that interesting anyway. I have so many positive feels.

Thread Information