Page 327 of 343 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    What about Modern Masters (storm is a thing), Conspiracy-style sets, FTV, etc... There are more ways they could reprint it even outside of Eternal Masters and Commander, which are both obvious to me.
    Flusterstorm isn't Modern legal.

But seem pretty intent on somehow proving my opinion wrong (which I never claimed to be a fact). If it makes you feel better, I'll concede that I don't know when they will reprint it. I never said it wouldn't, or couldn't be reprinted, only that everything we know would seem to point to it not being particularly soon, but if you really need me to be wrong, we can go with that.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Nov 2006
    London

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Flusterstorm isn't Modern legal.

But seem pretty intent on somehow proving my opinion wrong (which I never claimed to be a fact). If it makes you feel better, I'll concede that I don't know when they will reprint it. I never said it wouldn't, or couldn't be reprinted, only that everything we know would seem to point to it not being particularly soon, but if you really need me to be wrong, we can go with that.
    Cards are only not legal in Modern until they get reprinted...

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Cards are only not legal in Modern until they get reprinted...
    It would be completely unprecedented to introduce a card to the modern legality via reprint in a masters set
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Nov 2006
    London

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/flusterstorm/

The speculators must feel stupid now.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Flusterstorm isn't Modern legal. ... I don't know when they will reprint it. ... everything we know would seem to point to it not being particularly soon ...
    And then one hour later, it's there.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    And then one hour later, it's there.
    I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong. I hadn't really considered Flusterstorm "iconic," so naturally I discounted the probability of it being reprinted in there. I never said it wasn't possible to reprint, just seemingly improbable. The thing about improbable events is that some of them inevitably happen.

Fact is, I'm not a speculator. I buy cards to play a game with them. I have 4 non-foil Flusterstorm and 2 Judge foils. Zero cares that they just reprinted it either. The only time I actually care about the monetary value of cards is if I am looking to buy some.

You were not wrong at all. Flusterstorm indeed isn't "Iconic", so if that was the main criteria for the set, then yeah, it clearly was a long shot. It's not like you said it was impossible. Considering available information, what you said was both fair and reasonable. You were not wrong, just like it is not wrong to bet against rolling a 20 on a 20-sided die - even if a 20 does end up being rolled, the correct bet still was to bet against it.

I would have expected it in the next Eternal Masters, but not before.
    Last edited by ParkerLewis; 09-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerLewis View Post
    You were not wrong at all. Flusterstorm indeed isn't "Iconic", so if that was the main criteria for the set, then yeah, it clearly was a long shot. It's not like you said it was impossible. Considering available information, what you said was both fair and reasonable. You were not wrong, just like it is not wrong to bet against rolling a 20 on a 20-sided die - even if a 20 does end up being rolled, the correct bet still was to bet against it.

I would have expected it in the next Eternal Masters, but not before.
    People like a good "gotcha" moment. While I was careful in my wording, indicating that in no way was I saying anything definite and tempering my prediction with the fact that there is no way to know for certain, it makes people feel better to label themselves "right" and others "wrong." If a good "gotcha" moment doesn't exist, simply make one by creatively reading and/or selectively quoting whatever you like.

So, hopefully I helped them feel better about their life for a while. If that takes me playing the villain, that's fine, I doesn't make much of a difference to me, since as I said before I am not a speculator, I don't buy cards to make money, I buy them to play the game.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

@H: It was the timing of your remark that was amusing; that's all. You're definitely not a villain. I agree with the critique of Iconic Masters not being very iconic. It's really just Hodgepodge Masters. I suspect the 25th anniversary set will follow that same formula.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Flusterstorm is iconic
    Rishadan Port is not iconic
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Flusterstorm is iconic
    Rishadan Port is not iconic
    See it that way : value-wise, you may have wanted both. You got at least one. And chances are you're going to get the other one either in M25 or in EM2.

Really, barring this stupid RL, WotC is indeed doing some significant work to add copies of expensive cards into the market. Sure, it's also making them a ton of easy money, but hey. Think about those 20+ years where they didn't do *anything* in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    @H: It was the timing of your remark that was amusing; that's all. You're definitely not a villain. I agree with the critique of Iconic Masters not being very iconic. It's really just Hodgepodge Masters. I suspect the 25th anniversary set will follow that same formula.
    Honestly, I had completely forgotten Iconic Masters even existed when I had first posted, let alone was about to get spoiled.

My comment wasn't really directed at you though.

The continued non-printing of Port is really suspicious. What are they saving it for, really? It's got to be something. Perhaps we'll see a set with Port and Imperial Recruiter at some point.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

H is totally villainous. Starting with the dastardly way he identifies himself on this forum... How do you even pronounce that? hehhh? eitch?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    H is totally villainous. Starting with the dastardly way he identifies himself on this forum... How do you even pronounce that? hehhh? eitch?
    That's one of the keys to villainy: start with a good "moniker." The fact is, how can they ever catch you if they can't even agree what your name is?

On another note, looks like Serendib Efreet (AN) is on the rise again. Also, Eureka is over $300? I wonder how many I own...

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    aitch
    [eych]
    Spell Syllables
    Word Origin
    noun
    the letter H, h.

Saw it on the spelling bee once too. I still don't understand why you spell the letter H as aitch when 'h' is in the spelling of the word.

I've been out of Magic for a while but coming back and seeing these prices are getting ridiculous. Foil Gaea's Cradles have been surprising me but I guess I should be happy I own a few. Time to check some old storage boxes to see if I still have any terrible cards from old sets.

Drop of Honey has rocketed almost double up to Living Plane. Living Plane/Prodigal Sorcerer is the main combo and Drop of Honey is only luxury card there. I think it is best to tank Living Planes now when you still can get them about 150$ if you want to play Old School combo.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

93/94 staples are getting rebought-out, it seems. Choas Orb in particular. Even things like hippies and black knight have new established price floors.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Li...+Specter#paper
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Un...haos+Orb#paper

Dem charts tho

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Mox Diamond is up too, and dangerously low on TCG. If you ever wanted them, get them before they go up again
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Dec 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Mox Diamond is up too, and dangerously low on TCG. If you ever wanted them, get them before they go up again
    People are trying to sell the FTV Foil at $180 at the moment
    I like playing tribal: Elves | Goblins | Enchantments

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The only foil version of a RL card that is a 4 of almost any time that it's played and is in a tier 1 and tier 1.5 deck? Seems reasonable to me

Thread Information