Thread: manland + schakles

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

manland + schakles

Small but probably complex question about the interaction between manlands and Vedalken schakles.

Vedalken schakles gives me control over a creature until it untaps.

What if i take control of a manland?
    At the end of turn, during the clean-up step, the manland won't be a creature anymore.
    Do i keep the control over the manland if it's not a creature anymore?
    If it's the case, If I untap my schakles on my turn, there is no creature anymore, so i'm wondering if my opponent gets its manland back.

Thanks for the answers.

Re: manland + schakles

Targets are only checked when the ability is activated and on resolution. Changing the characteristics of the object after the fact won't end the effect being applied to it. So as long as the shackles remained tapped you'll keep control of the manland.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    Targets are only checked when the ability is activated and on resolution. Changing the characteristics of the object after the fact won't end the effect being applied to it. So as long as the shackles remained tapped you'll keep control of the manland.
    My question was more if schackles untap, what happens if the manland is not anymore a creature. I thought that the fact that the object changed of type, it was not anymore a valid target and the effect of loosing control of it may not resolve. I guess it somehow answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    My question was more if schackles untap, what happens if the manland is not anymore a creature. I thought that the fact that the object changed of type, it was not anymore a valid target and the effect of loosing control of it may not resolve. I guess it somehow answers the question.
    The effect ending does not target, and is not conditional in that way.

Thread Information