Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Re: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

If you mean Jace, he's not in. We already know every planeswalker in the set.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Don't want to jinx it, as we still have a hundred or so cards to go, but at least He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named wasn't printed for the fiftieth time.
    https://youtu.be/umDr0mPuyQc
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Gozerfish View Post
    From a “story” perspective historic makes perfect sense:

Legends - the oral words of the past passed from generations to generations.

Sagas- the written words of the past passed down generation to generation. from generation

Artifacts - relics found from previous generations

Well, a lot of artifacts in MTG aren't relics and according to my dictionary even the literal meaning of the word artifact isn't relic in most cases.

some very clear examples:
    - most artifact creatures e.g Metallic Mimic, Walking Ballista
    - most vehicles e.g. Smuggler's Copter
    - less special equipment e.g. Pirate's Cutlass, Sharpened Pitchfork, Blazing Torch

I guess you can interpret most (but not all) non-creature, non-equipment, non-vehicle artifacts more or less as some sort of relic, but oftentimes it's a stretch.

Shard of Broken Glass

Yep, real historic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

One interesting thing about "hexproof from [color]" - it can be copied by other cards like e.g. Odric, Lunarch Marshal and similiar cards. Not really relevant for now, but that might change with some future printings.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Shard of Broken Glass

Yep, real historic.
    Meanwhile, you're beaten to death by a flock of paradise birds wielding a magical laser sword. Logic and MtG aren't always the best friends.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I prefer my Birds to wear Batterskulls... Somehow they're still able to fly . Or, if it'd shrink to fit the bird, they're somehow able to headbutt a Siege Rhino and live to tell the tale.

This is why I don't give a shit about the story lines etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Kamahl's Druidic Vow
    Legendary Sorcery
    XGG
    put all lands and legendary permanents cost X or less from the top X cards of your library into play

I don't know if that sees play in Legacy, but I could definitely see it happening in Modern Tron.
    But maybe it is good enough for Legacy? Seems pretty strong if your deck is built to use it and runs a bit of ramp.

obligatory statement about Stompy and Nic Fit too I guess.

Oh, there's also a BUG legendary that lets you play all types of permanents from your graveyard, seems like EDH fodder.

Mar 2009
    Zurich

Kamahl's Druidic Vow is a legendary sorcery. You can only cast it if you control a legendary creature or a planeswalker. It's effect is not game-winning either, so I'd guess it's unplayable.
    Last edited by Ahab; 04-05-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Mar 2007

Gilded Lotus is back in Standard.

Not really Legacy-material because it's to expensive to use, but seems pretty cool with cards like Aurelia, the Warleader that generate additional combat steps to go infinite.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I don't know if that sees play in Legacy, but I could definitely see it happening in Modern Tron.
    But maybe it is good enough for Legacy? Seems pretty strong if your deck is built to use it and runs a bit of ramp.

obligatory statement about Stompy and Nic Fit too I guess.

Oh, there's also a BUG legendary that lets you play all types of permanents from your graveyard, seems like EDH fodder.
    It's not castable in Tron unless you already control Karn, Ugin, or Ulamog, so that seems like a bust

I want to play the BUG elemental in standard with the new 'Safe Haven' card (Endless Sands? can't remember the name)
    Anytime the opponent tries to kill the elemental you can hide it under the land, and then when you sac the land to bring back the elemental you can immediately replay the land from your graveyard again.
    Seems like maybe too much effort for a marginally better Scarab God though.

Someone in the EDH forum commented how the Helm combos really well with Godo, seems like a pretty powerful addition for that deck

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

[Helm of the Host]
    Not really Legacy-material because it's to expensive to use, but seems pretty cool with cards like Aurelia, the Warleader that generate additional combat steps to go infinite.
    It's a bit of a pity that Mass Polymorph into Godo, Bandit Warlord + Kor Outfitter doesn't work. (Though there are obviously better ways to go off.)

Does Unwind have potential as a high tide card?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Does Unwind have potential as a high tide card?
    No. For High Tide Rewind would be strictly better 4 lands, can counter anything, and still sees zero play.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Can rewind + unwind be used in the same deck for some sort of updated version of counter go? 24 lands + 36 instants, half of which are counters and the other half are removal or win cons? Anything there?

Adventurous Impulse {G}
    Sorcery
    Look at the top 3 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

I thought this was a solid nonblue cantrip but then I realised it's just a worse Oath of Nissa

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Adventurous Impulse {G}
    Sorcery
    Look at the top 3 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature or land from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

I thought this was a solid nonblue cantrip but then I realised it's just a worse Oath of Nissa
    All those kind of cards suck because they're too narrow and the more of them you run, the worse they get, which is counter-productive.

We can talk about it once we get one that takes any of the top 3 cards for .

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I'd be up for a green Ponder. Gronder?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Gronder sounds like a dating app for people who play Knight of the Reliquary.

On another note, seeing the Jhoira piloting the Weatherlight really makes me wish they still did those cheesy novels about the block's story arc. I'd buy up another set of those.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderPreaux View Post
    Gronder sounds like a dating app for people who play Knight of the Reliquary.

On another note, seeing the Jhoira piloting the Weatherlight really makes me wish they still did those cheesy novels about the block's story arc. I'd buy up another set of those.
    They release them for free after the set's arc is complete. I have all of the stories from SoI onwards.

Also, the Saga art is really impressive.

A cantrip version of Natural Selection would be fun, but is well out of green's slice of the pie these days.

Thread Information