Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Chalice Bomberman/Bomberman Stompy

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Re: Chalice Bomberman/Bomberman Stompy

Well, went 6-1-1 and got 9th out of 157. The deck played great, had some insane games and overall I'm proud of how I played. The disappointing part was being the only 18 pointer going into the final round that couldn't ID in, then got paired against miracles and we drew on time. Was an insane match though and it was on camera and I'll happily share this week.

Cheers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Once you go Legacy...

Awesome! Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to the report. Any changes in your decklist?

Bizarros Team Member
    Apr 2007
    Brazil - Sao Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    Well, went 6-1-1 and got 9th out of 157. The deck played great, had some insane games and overall I'm proud of how I played. The disappointing part was being the only 18 pointer going into the final round that couldn't ID in, then got paired against miracles and we drew on time. Was an insane match though and it was on camera and I'll happily share this week.

Cheers!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Congratulations, that was a great run ! I watched your last match, it was a bummer that you didnt top8'ed.

Could you share your list ?
    # The Bizarro Super Powers Team - Casting Abyssal Persecutors FTW !

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by maurobad2k4 View Post
    Congratulations, that was a great run ! I watched your last match, it was a bummer that you didnt top8'ed.

Could you share your list ?
    Just posted a full tourney report in the Tourney Reports section:
    https://bit.ly/2CMn0gh
    Once you go Legacy...

Congrats on the finish, Manroe. I was afraid I was going to read that you ID'd into 9th place -- that would have sucked more! Sounds like Karn did really good work for you, and I'm still certain that 4x Karn is the right number. And yes, Karn mostly goes +1 vs Miracles, but now you know!

Karn, the Great Creator could be interesting for us. Fortunately, I don't think it's good enough to see Legacy outside of fringe decks (like ours).

Squeezing a couple into the main would give us an answer to Chalice on 0. I think an Ancient Den would move to the SB, and let us up the Plains count by one (for those currently on 4x Ancient Den list). The SB Ensnaring Bridge can go to 1x, probably.

http://mythicspoiler.com/war/cards/k...atcreator.html

The more I think about new Karn, the better he seems!

A maindeckable, colorless way to kill Chalice on 0

A way to stop EE or Ratchet bomb from destroying our board.

A way to "tutor" combo pieces...

We probably move an LED and a Ballista to the SB too, which also has the corner case of insulating us a bit from Surgical Extraction.

rough draft w/ Karn 3.0:

3 Ancient Den
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 City of Traitors
    2 Karakas
    2 Plains
    4 Auriok Salvagers
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mishra's Bauble
    4 Monastery Mentor
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Urza's Bauble
    3 Walking Ballista

Sideboard:

1 Ancient Den
    1 Cast Out
    3 Containment Priest
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Walking Ballista

play Karn 3.0 on turn-2, use -2, hold priority, crack 2x LED
    get and play lattice

Jun 2012
    Finland

New Karn is also great against our own deck :D Just like Chalice of the Void is

Hey - a recent reddit thread in r/mtglegacy pointed out that there was no discord server dedicated exclusively to monoW Bomberman in Legacy... So Ultimar and I created one. Please join us @ https://discord.gg/SjBjamd for all things monoW Bomberman in Legacy!

Well, Attempted Rationalism at least.
    May 2015
    King County

I've spent the past couple weeks toying around with a UW Intuition build with 3x Teferi, Time Raveler, 4x Skycloud Expanse and an Azorius Signet. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that new Teferi feels fairly busted serving as a 2-land cantrip that bounces most any type of permanent maindeck, blanks countermagic when you want to lay down haymakers like Chalice and Karn, and prevents any type of interaction / removal on a critical combo turn.

Also, I believe Jarvis Yu was running f7eleven's list or something similar to it yesterday, so there's probably a video of that up on youtube for those who might be interested but not in the know.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Jarvis Yu had a pretty good run with the deck featuring Karn, the Great Creator.

May 2015
    King County

Looking forward to getting to run New Karn in paper for the first time.

For tonight, I think I'm going to go with a main-60 along the lines of

Creatures (8)

4x Auriok Salvagers
    3x Monastery Mentor
    1x Walking Ballista

Walkers (9)

3x Karn, The Great Creator
    3x Karn, Scion of Urza
    3x Teferi, Time Raveler

Artifacts (22)

3x Lion's Eye Diamond
    7x Baubles
    3x Mox Opal
    1x Azorius Signet
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Chalice of the Void

Spells (2)

2x Intuition

Lands (19)

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    4x Cavern of Souls
    4x Skycloud Expanse
    2x Ancient Den
    1x Plains

In a deck with so many "I win's", I can't resist another "must force" that also cantrips and interacts. Skycloud Expanse really does not seem like a problem in a deck with this many mana-sources and that so rarely casts anything below 0 < CMC < 3.

May 2015
    King County

Super Succinct Event Report / Footage:

So I went 4-0 8-0 in the Cardkingdom event last night with the list in the post above.

Here's my feature match (a little bit of sloppy use of mana, but it really didn't matter)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421457259?t=02h00m06s

and the post-game interview

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421457259?t=02h27m03s

(I also tried to plug the deck in general, the thread, and f7eleven's Mono-White Bomberman Discord.)

I still remain a big fan of running a blue splash because Teferi-TR and Intuition both remained crucial, and including pre-event games I never found myself wishing they were extra ballistae or the 4th Scion of Urza. Mana still felt as reliable as ever, although I will concede that the splash does make Damping Sphere much more frightening, I just never see it and don't expect to. Running the Signet also makes me feel better in the face of Back to Basics / Bloodmoon, although I ran through X-hundred goldfish hands in paper over the past few weeks and while the Skycloud Expanses never locked my mana there was one hand in which it "turned off" Cavern of Souls. It only happened the once and I certainly feel more insulated from counterspells with Teferi than without, but I think the potential for the card to do that has to be acknowledged.

Other Thoughts:

1) Mycosynth Lattice turning off Ichorid is amusing. Not the most useful given its marginal value in any matchup where that may come up, but it's a thing and it was amusing.

2) If various Karn decks become more popular, is there a chance we start seeing Act of Authority as an answer to the Mycosynth Lock?

3) I saw Caleb's 5-0 list. While very cute, I'm not a fan of the Goblin Cannon. I appreciate that Lodestone Bauble might not be a card online, but obviously that's a better card in that slot. Even if you're playing a non-optimal list due to MTGO limitations, I suspect there's a better non-Ballista spout than Goblin Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rationalist View Post
    Super Succinct Event Report / Footage:
    2) If various Karn decks become more popular, is there a chance we start seeing Act of Authority as an answer to the Mycosynth Lock?
    It's not really an answer though, as New Karn can wish from Exile too. (And when they first wish for Crypt they can get from the graveyard too.)
    I think the "best" would be to float mana, wait for it to resolve, and cast something that answers multiple artifacts at instant speed, so you can blow up as much of their board as you can (now that it's all part artifact).

May 2015
    King County

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    It's not really an answer though, as New Karn can wish from Exile too.
    You're right. Man, that's a heck of a seemingly extra clause to throw on the card.

You're right. Man, that's a heck of a seemingly extra clause to throw on the card.
    It only took them 10 years to retemplate a wish's text.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

It also means that one could "endlessly" get and use Relic Of Progenitus for example.

Likely too slow for Legacy though, but the effect definitely is something to keep in mind.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It also means that one could "endlessly" get and use Relic Of Progenitus for example.

Likely too slow for Legacy though, but the effect definitely is something to keep in mind.
    If you can do that many wishes, just get a removal for the opposing karn and slam the lattice. (I mean, why else didn't you slam the lattice already?)

Thread Information