Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Sneak and Show

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Re: [DTB] Sneak and Show

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    I am still testing for GP Paris. My list will probably look similar to the one I won the GPT with, even though I might cut the Blood Moons to add Sulfur Elemental and an additional Defense Grid.

Defense Grid + Pyroclasm are a pretty good combo against UWR. It's still a close matchup, so try to win game 1 where they have more dead cards.
    Thanks for the tips JPA :) It just reinforced my way of sideboarding lol went 3 games to the elves player but I dropped the game where I should win and that is game 1... Mull to 5 FTL! with a hand of double Petal and 3 lands.. lol

It's true that noobs can use Sneak Show and be lucky and finish great but it's the people who know how to pilot it correctly that can make it to the top 8 consistently :D

So I have done a lot of reading and maybe I missed it, but I'm curious how exactly to sideboard against EsperBlade with Jared Boettcher's list from Providence. I'm doing some pretty heavy playtesting and while I'm a pretty good player, I'm not an expert right off the bat with every deck I pick up. You guys play this list way more than I do. What boarding strategy would you apply and why? The more details, the better. I will also give my findings after a suitable amount of data has been collected via testing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

The only thing I can say is that you should board out your Lotus Petals. This will be a game of top deck and attrition. Game 1 you can get away with comboing out very early but game 2 the pack a lot of disruption which pushes the game into the mid to late game. Blood Moon is always good agains 3 color decks who pack so many non basics. Through the Breach can also be boarded if you expect Surgical Extraction.

Blasts are probably good here? Esperblade plays Meddling Mage, and without a doubt will name S&T. I think Through the Breach is an auto in post board here. I personally don't play Extractions but it's not a bad choice, so between those and Mage, I'd say any way to get Emrakul into play to clear the board and continue to win the next turn. Blood Moon is pretty good here, especially if you can get it down turn 2. You have an impeccable game 1 advantage, putting you on the draw. If esper can go turn 1 discard, turn 2 mage, I think you have under a 40% chance of winning. So far, testing has backed that up at least.

Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 02-13-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Haven't fought with the new lists with Meddling Mage as their sideboard card. If they are playing Deathblade then Pyroclasms are a good idea. You have to kind of read them weather they will board in a ton of Discard Spells then you need to board in for that. Back then when I had Leyline I would board them in but now I don't have Leyline anymore. Leyline stops Discard, Liliana and Clique.

Deathblade and Stoneblade also have the tendency to board in Surgical Extractions so be prepared for those.

Big difference between deathblade and esperblade, one is a midrange while the one I'm concerning this thread with, Esperblade, is a control deck. They have major differences, both in construction and playstyle. I promise. I play both.

Also, at best, neither deck will be boarding in more than one more discard spell, as counters are strictly better in the match ups discard is good against.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Went 5-3 drop at GP Paris. People seemed really well prepared for Show and Tell strategies and I just had some bad luck.

It feels more and more like you can pull out some wins you normally wouldn't if you know the format and the deck well enough, but your losses usually happen, because the deck loses against itself.

For the BoM in May I might switch to something that punishes mistakes while rewarding good play a bit more than Sneak & Show. It's nonetheless still absurdly powerful.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

I am disheartened that Sneak Show didn't make top 8 of the GP :(

I guess when people prepare for the best combo deck in Legacy it's really hard to push through 15 rounds.

Until next GP :)

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

3 sneakattack in top 16 seems decent...

I begin to test the list with daze and preodain...I wish this deck could be more consistent...

With team america on rise, what are the best sideboard cards against them? Divert?
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    For the BoM in May I might switch to something that punishes mistakes while rewarding good play a bit more than Sneak & Show. It's nonetheless still absurdly powerful.
    What options are you thinking about?

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    3 sneakattack in top 16 seems decent...

I begin to test the list with daze and preodain...I wish this deck could be more consistent...

With team america on rise, what are the best sideboard cards against them? Divert?
    Yeah I didn't notice earlier because the coverage wasn't complete yet. Sneak Show can beat BUG Delver
    as it is. Blood Moon and Leyline are really great against them.

Does anyone have any experience with the Atlanta meta? I looked at a few past opens to collect some data. The September 13 Open featured a lot of Delver and Combo in the T16. Is this what I should expect in the March Open? If so, how should my sideboard look (assuming I have Dylan Jones' mainboard)? What other questions or data should I be looking at to prepare for this open as a SNT player?

Ive gone broke building this deck....debit card just got declined, fml :'(

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Ive gone broke building this deck....debit card just got declined, fml :'(
    Eating and rent is tech. Is it completed? If not what do you have left?

-ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Eating and rent is tech. Is it completed? If not what do you have left?

-ABC

A few sneaks...and an emrakul left. I decided I wanted to finish the majority of the deck and dropped like five hundred dollars on ebay. My girlfriend was super pissed because instead of valentines day antics I treated myself to a playset of force of wills....totally worth it.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

A few sneaks...and an emrakul left. I decided I wanted to finish the majority of the deck and dropped like five hundred dollars on ebay. My girlfriend was super pissed because instead of valentines day antics I treated myself to a playset of force of wills....totally worth it.
    LOL real life is overrated :D

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

It's ok dude. We've all probably been there in some regard. I sold a mox sapphire and recall years ago to pay my rent and I kick myself everyday for doing it. Do what makes you happy and screw valentine's day, hopefully the girl will understand someday what true love is...
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

lol! a man who has his priorities straight, good for you buddy.

On the bright side, a playset of forces is useful in so many top legacy decks that it will be significantly more affordable to construct each future blue deck you decide to invest in.

Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Thank all of you for your kind realistic, sentiments. Its nice to post real life bull-shit and not be immediately nerd flamed, gripping about straying away from deck theory or match-up percentiles. After reading most of this thread there seems to be a very amicable feel and openess overall, I hope this can continue as such will bare the greatest gains for all who contribute to this thread. Sometimes to be great at something one must step back and laugh, forgetting the task at hand. On another note I will post my results with this deck and hope to provide information that will further this decks development.

Thread Information