Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Re: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Your first criticism is quite valid, these things don't make cards easier to get so they really don't help with that regard. Neat cards, some look really cool, but its not like these are going to help make magic any more affordable for people who need these cards.
    They very much make regular mythics (lol) and rares easier to get, because certain types of person need them. Whether this is ultimately good for the game in the long term, we're about to find out.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I hate how much I like the look of some of those Invention things. Luckily I don't plan on playing any of them, so yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    It's not FTV foiling:

https://twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775463438986326016

I thought I read that it would be the same as or similar to the Expeditions, but I can't find that comment now. If it is the same, does anyone know how well those have held up over time?
    https://twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775443311557431297

It is the FTV foiling process. Notice the vertical shine lines that FTV foils have and no other foils have. These new expditions are probably shinier but shine the exact same way the FTV foils shine.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Wat

Look, these cards themselves will be expensive. See: Expeditions. However, they are increasing the supply of some hard-to-get older cards, and that cannot help but add a suppressive force to the card prices. There's no universe where supply and demand operate where printing more of a card (even in limited quantities) doesn't help prices somewhat.
    For example, I don't know if Mana Crypt was ever reprinted before this year, and that was basically a book promo that was incredibly difficult to get in good condition. Yes, there are one or two dud in the Masterpiece artworks, but damn if most of them don't just knock it right out of the park.

Nov 2014
    Italy

Yeah, because the "ultra rare" expeditions really suppressed the prices of the normal cards. I tough people would start to see a low effort cash grab, but no. How can people be hyped about this,just after we got conspiracy, really baffles me.
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    For example, I don't know if Mana Crypt was ever reprinted before this year, and that was basically a book promo that was incredibly difficult to get in good condition. Yes, there are one or two dud in the Masterpiece artworks, but damn if most of them don't just knock it right out of the park.
    Its the 4th iteration total. Kaladesh, Judge Promo, Eternal Masters and the original Book Promo
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Turns off Sneak Attack, Shallow Grave and Through the Breach pretty well.

Vatija Mlohavich
    May 2010
    Croatia

And slows down aluren.. Or not

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    PTT (Formerly of MTT) - We make Champion

Quote Originally Posted by T-101 View Post
    Thank wizards, now unban splinter twin...

bruizar

Ill hold off on deciding whether or not i will go for incentions until ive seen the foiling irl. Ftv foil is a dealbreaker for me. Just give me mercadian masques foiling and im happy to pull the trigger. Im not dropping several thousand euro to acquire ftv.cards also, they better finish the dang swords of x y cycle because the mismatches are already terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Whatever happened to the news of that "Magic Digital Next" thing? Just silence?
    Pretty much, The odd mention about it being 'in development' in corporate reports and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-101 View Post
    This shuts down Elfball, Burn, UR Delver Aggro....

This card is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by maraxusofkelds View Post
    https://twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/775443311557431297

It is the FTV foiling process. Notice the vertical shine lines that FTV foils have and no other foils have. These new expditions are probably shinier but shine the exact same way the FTV foils shine.
    It's actually a slightly different foiling process. From reddit:

trickjarrett 45 points 11 hours ago
    As I posted on Twitter, while they do look similar to FTV, they are done using a slightly different process.
    perma-linkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply
    Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    look at this thread! It's a bunch of people complaining about this set because there are TOO MANY PLAYABLE CARDS OH GOD NO NOT THAT!!!!!!!!

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenC View Post
    It's actually a slightly different foiling process.
    Still a turd, just smells a little different.

bruizar

The problem is that you cant master-series if everything is ugly ftv foiledw, but u also wont be able to get consistent foiling if they change it -> master series dead on arrival

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    And slows down aluren.. Or not

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Best comment in the thread, hands down. Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Yeah, because the "ultra rare" expeditions really suppressed the prices of the normal cards. I tough people would start to see a low effort cash grab, but no. How can people be hyped about this,just after we got conspiracy, really baffles me.
    How can we get hyped when it's clear Wizards understands reprints are needed and is demonstrating it will reprint those cards? Oh, I duuno.

I mean, cmon. Are we really gonna grumble about how theyre not printing ENOUGH? Shouldn't we congratulate Wizards for doing what everyone wants them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    How can we get hyped when it's clear Wizards understands reprints are needed and is demonstrating it will reprint those cards? Oh, I duuno.

I mean, cmon. Are we really gonna grumble about how theyre not printing ENOUGH? Shouldn't we congratulate Wizards for doing what everyone wants them to do?
    Printing them in form of expedition is questionable move. I mean, it's defintely better than not reprinting them at all in any form, but to say these expedition reprints will change any prices of the regular versions of these particular cards is obviously wrong. Expeditions cater to specific market, the ones that have the money to buy luxury items as these obviously are at this rarity. If anything it will create a possibility that new rares/mythics will be cheaper simply due to the sheer volume of new boxes opened (people looking for the ghost, super ultra rare expeditions), thus potnetially lowering the price of potentially playable eternal cards (or even standard for that matter).

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Protection - Check
    Pitches to Fow - Check
    Draw - Check
    Still not as good as JMTS - Check

Thread Information