Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kadilak's Dual Land Draft III 4/28/07

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Re: Kadilak's Dual Land Draft III 4/28/07

Heh. Lego and I realized that a big reason you Top 8'd was because I scooped to Lego. You're welcome.
    So..beating me in round 6 to make top8 had nothing to do with it? Or rather, your pairing in the 2-3 bracket was more important? /confused.

John I just remembered you have my foil Spike Feeder as well, so just that back to me whenever I see you unless you're using it for Columbus.

I figure I should give props and slops as well:

Props:

Me - I look so damn sexy with hood and sunglasses.
    Hollywood - you deserve them. For the first time ever, you lived up to your word.
    Survival of the Fittest - you're so damn good.
    EGBRUATSA formerly known as EATS! - You were amazing all day long, until Round 6.

Yeah, rather lacking in the props section. I wasn't very happy with how this tournament ended.

Slops:

Empty the Warrens.
    The EPIC Syndicate - Where is the top8? Abold got 9th, but still.
    Brainstorm - Round 6 I need you to get me a second land, and you don't come through for me. ame on you.
    Jim - Chainer's Edict is in that damn graveyard.
    Me - I yet again fail to top8 after an undefeated 3 rounds. I'm cursed.
    Afro - where the fuck where you?
    Rick - see Afro.
    - Noobslayer - Not really a slop, but you were definetely givin yourself too much hype for Smash. I hadn't played in a year and I was pretty much even with you.

Asshole

Jan 2004
    Chickenango

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    That would be on account of Adam Phillips for being a total douchebag. I was sitting right behind them and saw the whole thing.

What happened was Adam Phillips cracked a fetchland, and LAM cracked one in response. Then Adam continued to go about with his fetchland while LAM told him to stop because he responded to it, and threatened to call a judge over. He didn't stop, so he called the judge over, and Adam Phillips through a toughguy shitfit and grabbed Lego Army Man's deck and through it, then started cursing at him and whatnot. I dunno what happened after that though, because I was helping him pick up his deck.
    You're missing a good chunk of the story... about lam trying to weazle a win over adam's play mat. He told the judge he was offended by the artwork. Adam was forced to flip his mat over by the judge. Then lam was prolly trying for a dq by getting a judge called a second time in one match. If he was going for a stiffle he could have just said "dont bother, I'm stiffling your search." Otherwise play should have just continued and both simultaneously search and shuffle. I have experienced his poorsportsmanship before, it's a real shame.
    Survival will be good forever... kinda like a maraschino cherry.

Thanks Colin, I appreciate that. I really felt like I earned to be there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Cait_Sith View Post
    Thus far EPIC and Unicorn have proven to be awesome teams.
    Weren't there two Darkness members in the Top 8 of the biggest Legacy event this year? Not bad for a team less than two months old...

Quote Originally Posted by A Legend View Post
    Weren't there two Darkness members in the Top 8 of the biggest Legacy event this year? Not bad for a team less than two months old...
    I don't remember seeing you guys at TMDOII.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    I don't remember seeing you guys at TMDOII.
    I suppose second biggest.

Most of the guys on our team were taking a break from Magic and doing other things while that happened. I didn't even know that tournament had existed until reading about it. I'm not bragging much but I think it's a great accomplishment for our team which is new.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by A Legend View Post
    Your team does not play grozoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos
    So..beating me in round 6 to make top8 had nothing to do with it?
    Correct. Thanks for asking.

(Seriously though, Slay did a good job and gave me a ride. I like Slay :D Can we have the giant pink Slay back, just for him?)

Edit: I forgot a funny moment:

Lego introduced me to David Gearheart and named me as Cait_Sith. David screamed "YOU'RE CAIT SITH?" Awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletus View Post
    You're missing a good chunk of the story... about lam trying to weazle a win over adam's play mat. He told the judge he was offended by the artwork. Adam was forced to flip his mat over by the judge. Then lam was prolly trying for a dq by getting a judge called a second time in one match. If he was going for a stiffle he could have just said "dont bother, I'm stiffling your search." Otherwise play should have just continued and both simultaneously search and shuffle. I have experienced his poorsportsmanship before, it's a real shame.

After talking to Adam when he went through the whole story, there is no reason that I can think of to explain the actions of Lego Army Man. I don't understand why he comes out to these tournaments and has to be an ass to just about everyone he has to play.

I had trouble with him in the last Kaddy's Dual Land Draft over stupid stuff, which I have never encountered before in a tournament setting.

Then he wonders why no one likes him. hmm.. I wonder why?
    ~Shriek~

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    No. You'd know this if you subscribed to the Jander newsletter like a good Virginian.

Only problem is that I'm from the land of Grain and Flour Mills....

Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    LOL

Rick had said he was going to attend, but didn't show.
    Damn.... I was close...
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Time Lord
    Apr 2005
    Syracuse NY

Dang, I haven't seen a deck thrown across the room since Gamer's Guild, where I saw it happen on two different occasions.

I would say that I was surprised anyone serious enough to attend the DLD would be that easily riled (even if the riler was LAM), but then I remember that incident with the bear...

Anyway, congrats to the winners. Wish I could have made it out for this one.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    So..beating me in round 6 to make top8 had nothing to do with it? Or rather, your pairing in the 2-3 bracket was more important? /confused.
    Yeah, Cait takes credit where it is not due. I never claimed that him scooping to me was at all responsible for Slay T8ing, I simply said it probably helped his tiebreakers a bit. Whether or not that helped him T8, I'm not sure. Cait did nothing noble though, seeing as I probably would have beat him, and neither of us wanted to play anyway.

You're missing a good chunk of the story... about lam trying to weazle a win over adam's play mat. He told the judge he was offended by the artwork. Adam was forced to flip his mat over by the judge.
    I'm not sure how you interpret me politely asking if I'm allowed to have him turn his mat over as me trying to weasel a win. There was no mention of penalty at all, I simply asked nicely if he'd turn it over. I'm still confused about why this seems to be such an irrational request. Eli told me later that it was completely fine for me to ask him that. In any Wizard's sponsored event I'm pretty sure he'd never be able to use that playmat.

Then lam was prolly trying for a dq by getting a judge called a second time in one match.
    You're missing a step here. The judge was called for the second time by Adam when I began to write with a highlighter. He asked the judge to make me use a pen to write my notes; he was clearly being absurd. The judge told him that I was allowed to use the highlighter. Adam was irrationally mad at this point, and continuing to badmouth me, despite me doing nothing to instigate him. I didn't say anything to him after I asked him to turn the mat over, but he kept calling me names and being pretty hostile.

If he was going for a stiffle he could have just said "dont bother, I'm stiffling your search." Otherwise play should have just continued and both simultaneously search and shuffle. I have experienced his poorsportsmanship before, it's a real shame.
    If it really matters, I was going to Brainstorm to play around Daze. He announced his fetch, and I said, "In response, I'll fetch." He said okay, and then picked up his deck to fetch. I asked him to stop, because I was fetching in response, and he pulled out a Scrubland and put it into play. I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Does it really fucking matter?" I told him it did, because I was still responding, and he got incredibly mad. I tried to explain to him that I could play a spell while his fetch was on the stack, and he said, "Fuck you" so I called the judge back. The judge asked me to explain the game state, and while I was doing so, Adam stood up and threw my deck on the floor and said, "What are you going to do now, bitch?" The judge was standing there when it happened, and Adam was disqualified.

Yes, it may seem a little weird to ask him to turn his playmat over, but I honestly just didn't want to look at it for a whole round. I'm not going to justify my feelings about that; it was a simple request, and I was very polite about it. From the beginning Adam was hostile and aggressive towards me, and seemed to be completely ignoring me when I responded to his fetch. I called the judge only after he repeatedly swore at me and would not back up the game state. Throwing my deck on the floor and yelling at me showed an absolute lack of respect for me and for the other players around us, and I was literally scared for my safety when he did that. Under no circumstances should a player have to fear another at a tournament.

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

I'll get to my props and slops later, but yeah... You are correct Diablos. I was off my game, and I did underestimate you. But still, if I were in a SMASH tourney situation with you guys, five rounds at four stock, I know I can beat pretty much everyone there. I have no excuse for my poor play other than just having an off day. Caulyn, I know you can understand that.

On another note, great tourney all around. Kadi you had great deals, and the tournament atmosphere was great once again. Kadi's house was the shit, and the dinner place was awesome. That huge fat guy singing was too damn much.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

I don't care if Radley and Hitler's love child is playing BattleOfWits/Stasis against you, there's never an excuse to throw someone else's deck*. That's flat-out dick behavior and hopefully this guy is going to receive a nice, long ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    Only problem is that I'm from the land of Grain and Flour Mills....
    I'm sorry?

*Disclaimer: Unless it's your brother and it's really funny to do so. And/or he's obviously cheating, because who the fuck draws three wastelands every game?
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

I'm sorry?
    Nahh.... you dont have to. We still cool, right?
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    Yeah, Cait takes credit where it is not due. I never claimed that him scooping to me was at all responsible for Slay T8ing, I simply said it probably helped his tiebreakers a bit. Whether or not that helped him T8, I'm not sure. Cait did nothing noble though, seeing as I probably would have beat him, and neither of us wanted to play anyway.
    You know, sitting there insulting people is really not a good way to earn any respect. At all.

1) It was a small joke. Slay knew that, but since some people politely voiced confusion, I fixed it.

2) I would have loved to play it out anyway, and your MU is 60% IDEALLY. You said you didn't want to play. I assumed you were my friend and decided to just tell you I didn't want to play it out either, so nothing would weigh on your conscience. Oops.

3) CHILL OUT. You don't need to take your frustrations out on everyone, especially since I already CHANGED WHAT WAS BEING REFERENCED. It only makes you look bad.
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Less hate, more Unicorns.

For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Less hate, more Unicorns.

You missed some great unicorn hugs. They make you feel special ^_^. Until the unicorn showers 0_0. Those are baaaad and I keep far away.

Lamer Than Terri Schiavo
    Aug 2006

Loam in the top 8! wohoo!

Anyone know the components of that particular deck and it's sideboard?
    In Mother Russia, metagame breaks you!

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

Quote Originally Posted by Gekoratel View Post
    Man when did the SSBM tourny occur Trembly and myself were signed up for the event forever but decided to leave when no one else seemed in the least bit interested. I'm pretty sure that Trembly would have taken the Smash tourny down as he 4-stocked one of the better people at the event. Only seemed like Slay was really at the same level.
    Yeah, we did an under cover tournament containing Myself, Cait Sith, Phil Stolze, and Zach Fine. We didn't want anyone good in the tournament, hence why we didn't alert you or Chris of the event. Trust me, we are awful. Just a little taste of what happened, right when the battle starts, Zach Fine ^B's himself off of the map. ROFL.
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

I really need to know what was on that playmat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

aka Norm
    Dec 2003
    Ballston Spa, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    I really need to know what was on that playmat.
    A scantily clad girl, 2 pictures in fact, both of the same girl I believe.

Thread Information