Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The EPIC DLD and MORE!!!!

Re: The EPIC DLD and MORE!!!!

I had a good time at the tourney, despite failing to bring sexy back. Q&D report incoming.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Cardboard Messiah
    Jan 2006
    East Syracuse, NY

This is Bryant from Alix's computer, I would like to say FUCK FORCE OF WILL. More to come.
    Sexy

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

I went 2-4 with Deadguy Ale.

Normally, this would bum me out, but my two wins came against:
    Goblins, with me not running Engineered Plague at all.
    Nightmare with Garden, which featured a savage punting of game 3 by him (no offense, I just felt that those two matches was where my deck performed most optimally).

Props/Slops
    + Matt and Zach for an awesome tournament
    + Bryant for continuing to win with TES
    + Rsaunder/Family of Rsaunder for the ride, food and deck.
    + Team BZK for general awesomeness
    + Quack and CaptLyle for putting up the best results from our car
    + Pulling a Rav-Dual from the door prize pack.
    + The crew, for constantly making solid deals and trades all day long
    - Almost getting a gameloss because the judge miscounted the number of cards in my deck.
    - My deck, for drawing 6 straight lands against belcher.
    - My sideboard, for not being very useful.
    - Me, for punting a few games. So it goes.

Also:
    Last edited by Whit3 Ghost; 10-08-2007 at 02:12 PM.
    Team Rehab- We Keep Coming Back For More
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeSpam View Post
    Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

This thread needs more GROZOTH!!!

Thank you for everyone who came out today. I think everybody who came had a good time, which is always cool.

Several people said they would come back for another, so look forward to another EPIC tourney in the future. Hopefully we can break 50 next time, I mean he hit 40 on a Sunday.

As for me, I was in contention until the last round, when I lost to Tariq who made top 4.

Props:
    Me and Zach, awesome tourney!
    Everybody who showed!
    EPIC for winning our own event.
    Cody for sucking at the mirror (even though it was completely luck and I TD'ed for the win game 2)
    Me for playing Magic all day and making $800.

Slops:
    Everybody who didn't come: Weddings, work, and not driving are for pussies. You had all better be there next time.
    Storm combo for top decking a draw 4, and then drawing the nuts, when you are at 4...
    Burning Wish for not being all I wanted it to be, and also not being able to be Survivaled up.
    EPIC Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

Leroy Rochester
    Jun 2004
    Cabrini–Green

Yummy Props:

- My Shiny Robot Men for allowing me to ride them all the way into the Top 8.
    - Jesus for creating Veggie Tales.
    - The Parker Bros. classic Water-Works for providing me with some bad ass Robot fixing Wrenches to use as counters, since I lost most of my dice.
    - Bryant "Wastedlife" Cook for his encouraging words, and his bad ass takedown of this event.
    - Rich "on1yone" Bourque for keeping this event running like a well oiled robot.
    - Marlboro Reds & Orange Powerade for being the only thing keeping me alive during the event.
    - Zach and Abold for putting this whole thing together.
    - All those who traveled long distances to support this event.
    - My round two opponent for putting up with me running to the lavatory to hurl in between games.

Icky Slops

- Whatever the fuck made me throw up like ten times today.
    - Four hours of sleep.
    - Seeds of Innocence for being gay.
    - Me, for playing like a retard in the Top 8
    - The Homeless
    - The box of Saviors for not having any needles...
    - The elderly. Whatever got me sick, I'm sure they're behind it.
    My only dream is that yours never come true.
    "People played violin as the Titanic sank. Tomorrow they will play Green Day songs with plastic keytars as their Hoovervilles burn."

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Fuck aluren. That is all.

/Had a great time even with the whole "not winning" bit
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

Sep 2005
    Glens Falls

I played the "Dryad Sligh" (note the quotations because of several sub-par choices in the list more on that later) to the top 8 finish which is hella amusing to me for a few reasons.

1. First I havent played legacy or looked at legacy since GP: Ohio where i had been testing Dryad Sligh but audibled to that Flash Deck last minute.

2. I heard about the tourney saturday night at 8 pm and as stated had nothing built. So ran here to the source and looked at the 3 newest threads in the established deck Forum. Which at that moment was Dredge, Burn, and homebrew. Due to the fact that i apparently bailed on plans with the lady to go Apple Picking on her (She really didnt tell me), I had to hang out with her Sat Night and had no time to actually think about a deck. So I went with the Dryad Sligh i still had most of the cards for from Columbus.

Things of note about the deck.
    - Tarmogoyf only made the deck as i was registering it over the shiny kird apes.
    - My sideboard originally contained the 8 red blast plan.
    - I didnt have chain lightnings so had to run the awesome Lava Spike.
    - no basic forest nearly lost me so many games

On to a Breif synopsis of the tourney.

Round one against Dredge
    I mull to six he mulls to 4 he wins turn one on the draw awesome start.
    The next two games he has less than stellar hands especially game 2 in game 3 its close but i end up needing a land or a burn spell for one on the last turn of the game and rip incinerate.

Round Two against R/G survival Aggro(he top 2'd)
    Game one we have a goyf battle i win and he doesnt seem to have much in the way to stop the burn.
    Game 2 I rip a billion land lose the goyf battle and just lose.
    Game three is not about the goyf and jsut about burn i get him with exact damage b4 he stabalizes.

Round 3 against affinity (he top 8'd)
    Game one i open with all red cards and mountains i draw goyfs and dryads no green for the rest of the game there is a point where if i drew a three damage burn spell id be able to win but sadly doesnt happen.
    Game 2 i keep a one lander in all my brilliance and get run over just before i can stabalize.

Round 4 against landstill(he top8'd)
    Not much to report here goyf got huge real quick and he didnt have swords or black lands for the smother i take it 2-0

Round 5 against Gobs(This guy got 9th)
    game one i win because he plays it safe and doesnt force me to seal his critters i win with exact dmg.
    game 2 we both mull to six and slow starts he recovers when i think im winning it and double seigegang puts it out of reach.
    game 3 he thereapys goyf i rip goyf on turns 3 and 4 and win anyway did i mention he almost didnt make the cut?

Round six draw in

Top 8
    Lost to Aluren which i thought was a good matchup i didmake a play mistake that lost me game one but i was never really in game 2 i did however needle his combo into oblivion but cavern harpy still can attack :(

Props
    -to a mostly smooth running well organized event
    - to the saunders crew for showing up and giving me someone to communicate with between rounds.
    - To the Farrell for driving me out and lending me the tarmogoyfs even though this meant he couldnt play.

slops
    - mediocre pizza and warm soda
    - felt like i needed at least two bullets or waste 10 seconds of your life id say both goals were accomplished
    Last edited by Icemyn; 10-09-2007 at 11:13 AM.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

...What on earth is "Armo-Still?"

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Also, to the entirity of EPIC
    In cinema:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzkr...ambiguation%29
    pwnt
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards

armostill was the deck that I made one real quick bad bad move to lose to Bryant in Game three. The worst play I ever made. Three blue sources untapped, counterspell and stifle in hand, but sadly enough also extripate. For some reason the idea that I could expirpate his tendrils to take away a win condition ran through my head and I jumped. Not like I dont know his deck, I played him round 1, my only loss before this mistake. So next turn he casts orim's chant, I counterspell leaving me no open mana, which I should have had one blue to stifle the Empty the warrens he cast for 16 men. I should have never used the Extirpate or at least waited till his end step. Oh well, I guess the hour and a half in the bar before top eight didn't help any.

Great tournament though.

By the way the deck is four color flying with Finkle and Goyf. Finkle was a tough choice to leave in, but it ended up winning me some matches with a Jitte put on him. I ended up with 4 taiga's for last pick, not bad.

Do I look like a guy with a plan?
    Apr 2007
    East Syracuse, NY

Willo I would be intrested in seeing your list, you should start a Thread in the New decks forum. Congrats on your top 8 finish, Sea Drakes all the way!!
    Team Fat Man & Little Boy

Quote Originally Posted by pingveno View Post
    On to stone rain, Clark Kant; is a 'timewalk' as good as a threat?

Someone said they were going to post top eight deck lists, then I will post a thread. I do not want to try to remember all the last minute changes I made. All I know is floating one white mana as magnus of the moon is coming into play is a great idea.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Quote Originally Posted by willo View Post
    All I know is floating one white mana as magnus of the moon is coming into play is a great idea.
    Amen to that shit. I giggle when people try to shut down my Landstill with Magus of the Moon.

...Finkel is Shadowmage Infiltrator, right? (This is why I freaking hate nicknames for cards.)

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Finkel = Shadowmage. Not sure if he going to last after the new set is legal. I might be going more aggro with it. One thing that I did notice is nobody was "wasting" a counterspell on him, which I know they looked back at and regreted. Meddling Mage would work in his spot, but I am never good at using him early. The deck doesn't wait like landstill, its either turn one vial or brainstorm endstep. I was thinking of putting in the 12/12 trample for a one counter vial creature, and running stifles main deck.

Banned

Oct 2006
    NoVA

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3 Ghost View Post
    Except the fact you spell it with an "ie" and the team from Dodgeball spelled it "ei" apparently, according to your sig and the wiki.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinious View Post
    Except the fact you spell it with an "ie" and the team from Dodgeball spelled it "ei" apparently, according to your sig and the wiki.
    The point, is that it can be spelled both ways, and doesn't really matter.
    It's IE in my sig and EI on the hoody. Again, doesn't matter, means the same thing.
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3 Ghost View Post
    The point, is that it can be spelled both ways, and doesn't really matter.
    Not if you want to pronounce it right, it can't. The "ei" is pronounced "eye". It's not Blitzkreyeg.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Get Money, Ghost
    Oct 2005
    Albany

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Not if you want to pronounce it right, it can't. The "ei" is pronounced "eye". It's not Blitzkreyeg.
    I actually think it's said differently different places, and that might have changed the spelling (I can definately picture a german saying "ei" while "ie" sounds like a more Americanized pronunciation). There's also a computer game of the "ei" origin as well.
    Team Blitzkrieg- Swagga.
    Storm Boards

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

EPIC is better cuz you can't spell it wrong, unless you're a douche and use a k.
    EPIC Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Quote Originally Posted by on1y0ne View Post
    I will post top 8 Decklists at some point tomorrow...
    It's tomorrow and I'm horny for some Dryad Sligh. Let's see those lists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Thread Information