Thread: Price of Progress and Wasteland

Nov 2011
    Guangzhou, China

Price of Progress and Wasteland

My opponent decides to activate wasteland on my volcanic island. In response, I tap the volcanic he targets and play Price of Progress.

Does the Wasteland get counted toward the Price of Progress damage?

Site Contributor

Dec 2011

Re: Price of Progress and Wasteland

The shortest and simplest answer is no.

That's not my play, I'm just choosing to reveal it
    Oct 2011
    Portland, OR.

Sacrificing Wasteland is part of the cost of activating it's "destroy target nonbasic land" ability (hence the "Sacrifice Wasteland" wording before the colon), so by the time Price of Progress resolves, Wasteland is already in the graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by lochlan View Post
    Sacrificing Wasteland is part of the cost of activating it's "destroy target nonbasic land" ability (hence the "Sacrifice Wasteland" wording before the colon), so by the time Price of Progress resolves, Wasteland is already in the graveyard.
    Not just before it resolves, but before you can even cast it.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information