Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Spark

Re: War of the Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    Big Eldrazi is already a pretty good deck. It might not be getting played enough right now to make huge waves, but it is certainly a powerful strategy.

Printing more powerful cards that are lower down on the curve is most definitely an improvement for the archetype. If the deck can trim back on mana rocks to run more business spells because they cost less, and because they cost less they can deploy them faster, it most certainly does help fix some of the issues that they had.

The old new (4cc) Karn was a big step in the right direction. Another 4 mana Karn and a new 6 mana Ugin are great new tools for that archetype. Not every list may want all of them maindeck, or even in the 75, but these new cards are still a net positive for them.
    As someone who plays Eldrazi Post variants almost exclusively in Legacy (on MTGO and in paper tournaments), I definitely vouch for this statement. The deck is solidly in the middle of the tier 2 decks and the one thing really holding it back from breaking through into the higher tier is the lack of mid-game options that cost less mana. The top-end pieces were always powerful but the deck is really going to benefit from more 4 and 6 mana powerful additions.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Jun 2010
    Central NY

I'm just hoping that after this Infinity W... "War of the Spark" that they're finally done beating the dead horse that is the Grixis-Dragon-Walker-God-Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I'm just hoping that after this Infinity W... "War of the Spark" that they're finally done beating the dead horse that is the Grixis-Dragon-Walker-God-Thing.
    Yeah it will be really hard to top this in terms of excitement if Bolas is still the villain.
    I expect we will see Garruk come back into the story somehow and we get something more character-driven
    Otherwise there will be a return to the Yawgmoth/Urza/Phyrexia ideas most likely

Apr 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Yeah it will be really hard to top this in terms of excitement if Bolas is still the villain.
    I expect we will see Garruk come back into the story somehow and we get something more character-driven
    Otherwise there will be a return to the Yawgmoth/Urza/Phyrexia ideas most likely
    How about something new?

I've been saying it since Amonkhet. This is all set-up for an Alien vs. Predator showdown between Bolas and the New Phyrexians.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post
    I've been saying it since Amonkhet. This is all set-up for an Alien vs. Predator showdown between Bolas and the New Phyrexians.
    No way. That actually sounds somewhat interesting, so it can't be what they do. More likely they just do the plot of another Avengers movie with MTG characters.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

You all missed the foreshadowing on Ixilan:
    Nicol Bolas wins, and his greed makes him say he's leader of all guilds.
    Jace, as living guildpact, therefore can pass a law that says Bolas loses.
    Bolas is obligated to obey, multiverse saved. I'll get you next time, gatewatch!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    You all missed the foreshadowing on Ixilan:
    Nicol Bolas wins, and his greed makes him say he's leader of all guilds.
    Jace, as living guildpact, therefore can pass a law that says Bolas loses.
    Bolas is obligated to obey, multiverse saved. I'll get you next time, gatewatch!
    Well, I mean, of course I missed it, because I try to avoid drivel if I can.

That plot is so mind-numbingly stupid that it seems almost certain that's what they'll do...

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Chances are that Niv Mizzet Reborn has absorbed the Guildpact (maybe became the new living one?) and is going to slap Bolas shit.

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, I mean, of course I missed it, because I try to avoid drivel if I can.

That plot is so mind-numbingly stupid that it seems almost certain that's what they'll do...
    Oh, the Ixalan story ended with Azor (of Ravnica, the guildpact) getting mad at Jace and Jace going "Oh wait, you're bound by the guildpact right? You're banished to some island forever" and POOF! He was.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Oh, the Ixalan story ended with Azor (of Ravnica, the guildpact) getting mad at Jace and Jace going "Oh wait, you're bound by the guildpact right? You're banished to some island forever" and POOF! He was.

Wasn't Jace banished to the island in the first place? I guess Bolas did that?

Why am I even attempting to understand pure nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post

Wasn't Jace banished to the island in the first place? I guess Bolas did that?

Why am I even attempting to understand pure nonsense?
    Jace planeswalked at random at the end of Amonkhet to escape Bolas and ended up on an island on Ixilan with no memory. And because he named the island while he was there he was able to banish Azor there to end the story.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

The good news is that regardless of where the story is so far, the survivors are TOTALLY gonna go back to the Sarpadian Empires next! Right?

Right?

*cries into hands*
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2007

This one seems very interesting, despite being 3 mana. Works well with treasures (Standard-relevant, for those who care), punishing opposing fetches/Wastelands and turning your own copies into pingers alike, and buffs sacrifice effects of your own, like Liliana Ultimate or Cataclysm.

Isn't that also Anti-Emrakul tech to deal the last few points of damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Isn't that also Anti-Emrakul tech to deal the last few points of damage?
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    The good news is that regardless of where the story is so far, the survivors are TOTALLY gonna go back to the Sarpadian Empires next! Right?

Right?

*cries into hands*
    They were just there! It was called Dominara.

Mar 2007

Decent flying body for its cost, but 3 toughness makes it unfetchable with Recruiter. Protection from Wasteland is kinda good (especially with Vial and Karakas in play). Land GY hate is really niche, aka Loam.

Decent flying body for its cost, but 3 toughness makes it unfetchable with Recruiter. Protection from Wasteland is kinda good (especially with Vial and Karakas in play). Land GY hate is really niche, aka Loam.
    It also stops Thespian's Stage. Could definitely be a possible sideboard card for DnT against lands.

EDIT: No it doesn't stop crop rotation

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    It also stops Thespian's Stage. Could definitely be a possible sideboard card for DnT against lands.
    Also Vampire Hexmage or whatever else could remove counters from DD.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Also Vampire Hexmage or whatever else could remove counters from DD.
    No, (opponent's) Dark Depths can't be the target of spells and abilities, so they couldn't copy it with Thespian's Stage or remove counters with Vampire Hexmage.

Misread your post to think you were saying the opposite, my bad.
    This reads like a Lands version of Grafdigger's Cage and hoses unfair lands like cage hoses unfair creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Thread Information