Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Apr 2011
    Germany

Re: Modern Horizons Spoilers

Well, with Force of Negation and Flusterstorm I don't see any reason for Force of Will, Counterspell or Daze in the set.

Isn't Force of Negation very bad news for all COMBO decks?, especially post-Sideboard?? Or are Flusterstorm/Spell Pierce still the better answers.

I'm not sure...

Apr 2014
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Is the exile clause ever relevant in legacy? Turns off looting from dredge I guess
    Beats up on Snapcaster Mage somewhat. And it seems decent alongside it as just another counterspell.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Watersaw View Post
    Beats up on Snapcaster Mage somewhat. And it seems decent alongside it as just another counterspell.
    The issue there is you just counter the SCM (which this card can't do) and they don't get a bonus 2/1. So it kinda turns into a self-inflicted 1 for 3.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Not a fan of more Force of Will effects being legal in Legacy, even if Force of Negation is a "fixed" Force. My guess is this is a one-of or a two-of in Miracles. The noncreature clause is fine there, since the rest of the deck nullifies creatures. Decks that combo on the opponent's turn can use this, so Solidarity has another tool. Manaless Dredge now can play 8 FOW effects. Any other decks immediately come to mind? Grixis Control is a pile of card advantage, so I could see one or two there. I also see this as being a flexible sideboard card, especially on the draw, for matchups against combo or impactful Turn 1 permanents. In matchups where it's correct to mulligan to Force of Will, this is now a lot easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    There legal ramifications to fucking with the reserve list. They wont do it unless the $ the cost of legal fees and penalties is less than projected future income from a world without reserve list / fucked with reserved list.
    There are not and this myth needs to die.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

The new force will help blue against chalice effects quite a bit. If you're determined to stop it now, it should be pretty reasonable.
    -rob

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The issue there is you just counter the SCM (which this card can't do) and they don't get a bonus 2/1. So it kinda turns into a self-inflicted 1 for 3.
    I think he means that it counters the spell the first time and exiles it so the snap doesn't get a chance to flash back whatever was countered.

Also it's just annoying that blue gets yet another really solid free spell and everything else just gets dicked. I get that this set isn't designed with legacy in mind, but fucking Christ it's at the point that it's fucking miserable now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Is this not somehow violating the RL?

So after that can we have?

Dual
    Island - Swamp
    Vanishing 10
    tap: U or B

the reserved list has always been a fragile concept. You print the very same text on another name and you’re there. a totally a fragile law

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    the reserved list has always been a fragile concept. You print the very same text on another name and you’re there. a totally a fragile law
    After seeing that, I am really debating selling all my RL cards.
    Also after the New Fow being around if they do not ban a couple of blue cards.
    Every deck will be like this:
    4 BS
    4 Ponder
    4 FoW
    4 Daze
    4 Tnn
    4 FoN
    4 Delver
    2 Zombie fish/Mandrill/Phoenix/etc
    20 lands
    10 disruption effects in whatever color you want

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

sounds good for cavern of souls decks :)
    -rob

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    sounds good for cavern of souls decks :)
    In a format where 40% of the decks play Wasteland and you have access to Crop Rotation. I think CoS will not be sufficient.

Aether Vial and so on. The real point with creatures is that format is so dominant against creatures that the only way to win via them is through flood or some special ability.

TNN Flickerwisp into Recruiter of the Guard

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Fuck it I'll just play 8 red blasts then main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Is this not somehow violating the RL?
    Because they're functionally completely different?

Also it's just annoying that blue gets yet another really solid free spell and everything else just gets dicked. I get that this set isn't designed with legacy in mind, but fucking Christ it's at the point that it's fucking miserable now.
    It could have fit into white as well, with noncreature and exiling.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Fuck it I'll just play 8 red blasts then main.
    Welcome to the new Meta

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Because they're functionally completely different?
    I wait for the rest of the RL functionally different, where is my Library of Alexandria and Tabernacle

Mar 2007

I wait for the rest of the RL functionally different, where is my Library of Alexandria and Tabernacle
    Tabernacle that sacrifices instead of destroying would be a legit print that doesn't violate the RL. But then we have the dreaded "spirit of the RL" where they can make shit up on the fly to not (re)print cards.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Tabernacle that sacrifices instead of destroying would be a legit print that doesn't violate the RL. But then we have the dreaded "spirit of the RL" where they can make shit up on the fly to not (re)print cards.
    I think they forgot about the spirit of the RL doing a reprint of Deranged Hermit. The only difference is Hermit is 10$ not 1000$. I believe the time will come with a print on demand set, where you will have those functional reprints added one by one. I will not be surprise they will make in this set some sort of snow duals to test the water.

Mar 2007

I will not be surprise they will make in this set some sort of snow duals to test the water.
    Snow duals are rumored, but take that as you will. I wouldn't get hyped about it or rate new cards based on it.

A rainbow fetch that can grab any basic land. Basically Evolving Wilds, except you pay 1 life instead of it coming into play tapped.

Edit: Interestingly enough, this can also fetch Wastes.

Not too sure what to think about this one. Probably not as good as Baleful Strix, but it depends alot on how good other snow permanents are. Flash is a nice bonus to kill some attacking X/1s.

Thread Information