Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Re: Kaladesh -or- When Kiran met Pia

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Man. . . what would be the requirements of that build to have at least 1 artifact by turn 2, maybe 3 artifacts by turn 3-4 and still have enough spells to flip delver consistently
    Obviously there's only going to be probability, and it's complicated if you want to account for mulligans, but the target artifact count is relatively low for a good chance of 1 artifact by turn 2. (14 for ~80%, 18 for ~90%, 20 for ~95%). Hitting 3 is much harder.

You can also look at having the artifacts do double duty as mana sources, or pile in with trinkets, but I'm not sure either of those is ideal for delver style tempo game plans.

On a somewhat different topic: Giving opponents a choice is bad, but is red gearhulk playable in 'big red' decks?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Where, other than Shops, does this guy see any play? I do not know what makes him worthy of such treatment.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Looks like expeditions are going to start becoming a consistent thing in future sets.

I am unsure if I saw something more beautiful in the last 8 years of MTG.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Where, other than Shops, does this guy see any play? I do not know what makes him worthy of such treatment.
    He sees slight play in Modern and Vintage, and saw considerable play in standard. Now, if he's actually a reprint in Kaladesh, then that would be an amazing thing to see. But from the number crunching, i don't think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    That looks like it's gonna be a stunning piece of work if the foiling is similar to the BfZ Expeditions.

Looks like it could be the entrance to Barry Zito's toilet to remind of the money he sponged off the Giants.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I guess we'll find out how high the prices on things like this are in a sustainability sense, since we will see them every set.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

"One caveat before I show you the cards: the Masterpiece Series: Kaldesh Inventions have a cool printing process that's impossible to reflect on a computer screen, so while what I'm going to show you is going to look cool, it's going to look even cooler in person. Just remember that the copper coloring is all metallic on the actual cards."

It'll look even better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    It'll look even better in person.
    And even worse in coverage.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Where, in any format, does Kor Haven see play?

Besides EDH...

They are including a random rare from the set too, it looks like there are consistently going to be duds like the bfz duals were for the original expeditions.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Lets wait for Vial, Jitte, Petal, LED and Skull etc. nice Artworks for M. Crypt and H. Walker

@"White Delver" not good enough yet, but White Artifact Land and this guy and you have a 3/2 Turn 1 ;)
    TEAM MtG Berlin

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    They are including a random rare from the set too, it looks like there are consistently going to be duds like the bfz duals were for the original expeditions.
    Assuming you are referring to the gearhulk...

it's inclusion is far from random.
    The entire cycle of gearhulks will get the Expedition treatment.

I am glad they at least stopped trying to refer to the 'transparent text box' as 'full art'.

bruizar

This set is unbelievably good. The entire set is full of juice. My expectation is that this set will transform every format for the next years. It wil keep 'giving' competitive cards as the years go by.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Brown borders on artifacts? Someone deserves a promotion!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

bruizar

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ies-2016-09-12

Starting with Kaladesh and for the foreseeable future, we're going to be adding a new feature called the Masterpiece Series. Each individual block will have its own name for the Series (the Masterpiece Series for Kaladesh block, for example, will be called Kaladesh Inventions), but it will be referred to overall as the Masterpiece Series. Basically, we're taking what we did with the Zendikar Expeditions and applying it to every set. Here's what this means:

The Masterpiece Series will exist at a rarity higher than mythic rare. For example, in Kaladesh, you will open a Kaladesh Inventions card roughly 1 out of every 144 boosters. (Technically, the Kaladesh booster pack says the ratio is 1:2,160 cards.) This is slightly more often than opening a premium mythic rare. These ratios may change for future sets.
    The Masterpiece Series will be reprints of existing cards with one exception. There will often be cards from that set included in the Masterpiece Series (like how the Battle for Zendikar rare dual lands were included in Zendikar Expeditions), but they will typically exist in the set in a traditional frame in their normal rarity in addition to appearing in the Masterpiece Series. Kaladesh Inventions has a cycle of five mythic rare cards that appear in the Kaladesh set. There will never be cards appearing in a Masterpiece Series that can't be found outside of it. (I'm talking, of course, about the card itself and not the particular creative/frame treatment.)
    The Masterpiece Series, both in presentation and card selection, will be tied thematically to the world appearing in the block. For instance, all of the Kaladesh Inventions will be artifact cards presented as Kaladeshi artifacts. The frame will likewise have a special treatment that ties into the theme of the block. I will be showing off some of the Kaladesh Inventions cards later in this article, so you'll get a chance to see what I'm talking about for our first Masterpiece Series. The frame treatment will be exclusive to the Masterpiece Series it appears in.
    The number of Masterpiece Series cards may fluctuate, but roughly speaking we expect each Masterpiece Series to be around 50 cards for the whole block. Kaladesh Inventions, for example, will have 30 cards in Kaladesh and 24 cards in Aether Revolt. The large set and small set in a block will have different Masterpiece cards.
    All Masterpiece Series cards are printed in English, but they do appear in non-English product.
    The expansion symbol for each Masterpiece Series will be block-specific, but distinct from the sets in that block. For example, the Masterpiece Series cards in Kaladesh and Aether Revolt will share one unique expansion symbol—they won't use the Kaladesh or Aether Revolt symbols.
    All Masterpiece cards will exist only in premium foil versions.
    Masterpiece cards are planned for Magic Online, but will not be redeemable and are not counted as part of the set. They're going to be distributed in an exciting new way, but we're not quite ready to announce what that is. Look for that announcement later this month.
    Masterpiece cards will not exist in Magic Duels.
    Masterpiece cards can be played in any Limited format they're opened in and in any Constructed format in which the card is already legal.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    ... They're going to be distributed in an exciting new way, but we're not quite ready to announce what that is.....
    Pick one from Chandra's garter belt for every 100usd your drop on MTGO.

Jul 2008
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Lets wait for Vial, Jitte, Petal, LED and Skull etc. nice Artworks for M. Crypt and H. Walker

@"White Delver" not good enough yet, but White Artifact Land and this guy and you have a 3/2 Turn 1 ;)
    Unfortunately Jitte will not be in this time :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rosewater
    Umezawa's Jitte is a wonderful artifact, but it existing on Kaladesh doesn't make any flavor sense so it was off the table for Kaladesh Inventions
    Although the other 4 are possible. Would love to see Skullclamp.

Masterpiece cards can be played in any Limited format they're opened in.
    Umezawa's Jitte is a wonderful artifact, but it existing on Kaladesh doesn't make any flavor sense so it was off the table for Kaladesh Inventions.
    I look forward to finding a Jitte in my sealed pool at the Return to Kamigawa prerelease.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Brown borders on artifacts? Someone deserves a promotion!

They're not brown. They're mythic orange.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Pick one from Chandra's garter belt...
    Sign me up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    ...for every 100usd your drop on MTGO.
    Um... Hold off on that.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information