Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: MTGO discussion

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: MTGO discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Bahra and Julian both posted two 5-0s with uncommon decklists and didn't make the posting. Instead more Honda Civic got posted because that's new and interesting. WotC is controlling the "statistical narrative." Expect to see these "stats" referenced in the next B&R update.

https://twitter.com/Bahra01/status/899554849003454464
    https://twitter.com/itsJulian23/stat...67762040913920
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Bahra and Julian both posted two 5-0s with uncommon decklists and didn't make the posting. Instead more Honda Civic got posted because that's new and interesting. WotC is controlling the "statistical narrative." Expect to see these "stats" referenced in the next B&R update.

https://twitter.com/Bahra01/status/899554849003454464
    https://twitter.com/itsJulian23/stat...67762040913920
    I've noticed that a couple of times they've posted similar lists multiple times i.e. 2 Grixis Delver/4c Control lists in the 5 that they present. I'm sure that the algorithm that they used is as buggy as the work of art that is MTGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I've noticed that a couple of times they've posted similar lists multiple times i.e. 2 Grixis Delver/4c Control lists in the 5 that they present. I'm sure that the algorithm that they used is as buggy as the work of art that is MTGO.
    Supposedly the rule is that they must be 10+ cards different. That's probably not great for Legacy as something as simple as choosing different fetches that are identical in effect would result in a fairly substantial change.
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Supposedly the rule is that they must be 10+ cards different. That's probably not great for Legacy as something as simple as choosing different fetches that are identical in effect would result in a fairly substantial change.
    That makes sense, wasn't thinking of that. I guess that subtle changes in creatures/spells probably is going to result in multiple copies of something being posted i.e. a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

There's also a real possibility that MTGO doesn't know that 4x RTR Deathrite and 4x EMA Deathrite are the same thing.

1. Whats the best free programm for recording games of MTGO for a YouTube upload? I tried OBS but even when recording the Monitor as a source it was only black (with sound)...

2. I am only playing mtgo since a couple of weeks but I have npticed an redicoulus amout of times when I drew the exact same again card after cantrips and shuffleeffects. Dif anybody else notice this? I might write down some data to analyse if its coincidence or a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    1. Whats the best free programm for recording games of MTGO for a YouTube upload? I tried OBS but even when recording the Monitor as a source it was only black (with sound)...

2. I am only playing mtgo since a couple of weeks but I have npticed an redicoulus amout of times when I drew the exact same again card after cantrips and shuffleeffects. Dif anybody else notice this? I might write down some data to analyse if its coincidence or a bug.
    For OBS, make sure that your CPU supports the recording capacity of OBS.

Cavern of Souls is STILL Bugged after more than a month and it costs me ANOTHER match in a competitive Legacy league. I would have beaten a quality opponent on Grixis Delver with my Soldier deck if Cavern just worked as it is supposed to work.
    Last edited by MGB; 08-23-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

infinite refunds?
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    infinite refunds?
    I'd rather just have it work properly so I could have more 4-1s and 5-0s with this deck. As it is, with Cavern fucking bugged, I rarely get worse than 3-2 with the soldier deck and because of the bug I missed out on several 4-1s and 5-0s.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I'd rather just have it work properly so I could have more 4-1s and 5-0s with this deck. As it is, with Cavern fucking bugged, I rarely get worse than 3-2 with the soldier deck and because of the bug I missed out on several 4-1s and 5-0s.
    Talk about first world problems.
    Bugs with non standard legal cards get low priority, that is how it is. I have reported several bugs on fringe legacy cards more than a year ago that remain unresolved to this day. It isn't necessarily incompetence, more likely priorities. The programmers might be able to fix this in less than half a day, but might not be allowed to do it because other tasks get higher priority.
    Caverns is at least modern legal, so you can hope for a fix soon - if someone has reported the bug, that is.

Man, how INCOMPETENT are those shitbags at Wizards who work on MTGO?
    You have every right to complain, but you might want to keep a more respectful tone if you want others to respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian View Post
    Talk about first world problems.
    Bugs with non standard legal cards get low priority, that is how it is. I have reported several bugs on fringe legacy cards more than a year ago that remain unresolved to this day. It isn't necessarily incompetence, more likely priorities. The programmers might be able to fix this in less than half a day, but might not be allowed to do it because other tasks get higher priority.
    Caverns is at least modern legal, so you can hope for a fix soon - if someone has reported the bug, that is.

You have every right to complain, but you might want to keep a more respectful tone if you want others to respect you.
    You're right; I let my frustration get the better of me. I'm frustrated about my favorite deck being much weaker due to a programming error but I have no right to use such language to describe people working at the company. I apologize for that comment.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

infinite refunds?
    There have been cases in the past of refunds being refused due to being requested too frequently. I believe there's even a screenshot of a user being advised not to play a card that they know is bugged.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Bummer. Seems crazy for a tier 1 legacy card.
    -rob

Apr 2016
    Nor Cal

Bummer. Seems crazy for a tier 1 legacy card.
    Modern too

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So what's the story behind those new art MTGO promos for stuff like Transmute Artifact, ESG and Chains?

https://twitter.com/mtg_lee/status/903352214491500544

New treasure chest additions for Ixalan.

So now that MTG Arena has been spoiled would it be a good time to sell out of MTGO if you're sitting on a bunch of digital cards that are worth something?
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So now that MTG Arena has been spoiled would it be a good time to sell out of MTGO if you're sitting on a bunch of digital cards that are worth something?
    If you are just sitting on them, and not playing with them, now is always a good time IMO.
    Didn't they confirm that Arena only has support for "current" formats? So if Legacy, Vintage, etc. is your thing, MTGO is still needed to continue playing those.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Was watching my friend play MTGO. He connected with Steel Hellkite and paid 1 mana to the ability to try to kill a flipped delver. Apparently MTGO hasn't changed flipped cards to have the new cmc yet.

Thread Information