Page 211 of 428 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Aug 2014
    Central New York

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

IMO, the problem with Pod is that the format is just too fast. You cannot activate Pod multiple times per turn on top of it usually entering play during the crucial T3/T4 window.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    IMO, the problem with Pod is that the format is just too fast. You cannot activate Pod multiple times per turn on top of it usually entering play during the crucial T3/T4 window.
    Blue 3 drops are great for activating twice. The question is, what 4 drops do you want to pay 6 life and 5 mana for? Obviously they need to be non green because GSZ can get 4 drops for 5 mana without paying 6 life. The only 4 drops that come to mind are Glen Elendra which you wouldn't have the mana to activate, Murderous Redcap, and Notion Thief. Of those, Notion Thief can keep you alive as long as you don't Pod out of it and Redcap oozes value even if you Pod out of it. I'm not sure that either is worth dropping GSZ for though.

If/when top were banned (I think it's inevitable one day, unless Legacy continues to lose tournament support) it would probably be a different conversation. I suppose a solid U/B 4 drop could change the conversation some day too but it just doesn't seem worth it right now.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

1-0 at the legacy challenge at gp dc atm. Beat infect playing rhinos. Have two duress in my sideboard accidentally...forgot that my thoughtseizes are in vintage atm....felt awkward vs infect, but we won anyway so hey.

There was a junk pod player sitting next to me....built the deck a couple weeks ago from what I heard from table talk. He beat sneak and show.

2-0. Beat death and taxes.

3-0. Beat burn.

Drew with burn for 24 packs.
    Last edited by Arianrhod; 03-12-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Hey Nic-Fitters,
    I'm going to be rocking the Rhino Junk next week in Indianapolis.

I decided that 61 cards is where I'm settling because of the "tool box" nature
    of the deck.

1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Veteran Explorer

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pernicious Deed
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Path to Exile
    2 Painful Truths
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Garruk Relentless

2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Taiga
    1 Karakas
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    3 Windswept Heath
    3 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard

2 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Glissa, the Traitor
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Vraska the Unseen
    2 Slaughter Games
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Thoughtseize

I'm not the most skilled with this piece of art, having played the deck for <3 months, I'm going to put some sideboarding plans for the common matchups I expect.

ANT. Threatening early and late game, so they must be kept under lock pieces while ample creature pressure is applied.

+2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +3 Surgical Extraction
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +2 Slaughter Games
    +1 Golgari Charm

-1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Courser of Kruphix
    -4 Path to Exile
    -3 Abrupt Decay
    -1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    -1 Dragonlord Domoka
    -1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth

Elves. Again, pretty explosive. All removal is a must. Gaddock Teeg keeps them off Natural Order and GSZ.

+2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Golgari Charm

-2 Painful Truths
    -1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    -1 Siege Rhino

Grixis Tempo. Watch out for Stifle, Daze, and Angler, otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

+1 Golgari Charm

-1 Deathrite Shaman

Shardless Sultai - Blind Therapy for Hymn to Tourach or Brainstorm

+1 Vraska the Unseen

-1 Deathrite Shaman

Death and Taxes - Blind Therapy for Thalia or Revoker. Sigarda and Dromoka are excellent here.

+1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Qasali Pridemage

-1 Scavenging Ooze
    -1 Deathrite Shaman

Sultai Tempo - Play around Daze and Stifle.

Miracle Control - Don't overextend threats. Slaughter Games name Terminus then Jace (unless you know they have Jace in hand).

+2 Slaughter Games
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Vraska the Unseen
    +1 Qasali Pridemage

-4 Veteran Explorer
    -4 Cabal Therapy
    -1 Scavenging Ooze

Eldrazi Stompy - Therapy for Chalice of the Void or Thought-Knot Seer

+1 Glissa, the Traitor
    +1 Qasali Pridemage
    +1 Vraska the Unseen

-1 Courser of Kruphix
    -1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Scavenging Ooze

Merfolk - True-Name Nemesis must be destroyed.

+1 Glissa, the Traitor
    +1 Golgari Charm

-1 Scavenging Ooze
    -1 Painful Truths

Sneak and Show/Omnitell - Strip their Brainstorms and Show and Tell

+1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Qasali Pridemage
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +3 Surgical Extraction
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +2 Slaughter Games

-1 Scavenging Ooze
    -1 Courser of Kruphix
    -3 Abrupt Decay
    -3 Pernicious Deed
    -1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Siege Rhino
    -1 Painful Truths

Reanimator style Decks - Bust out the Scooze and DRS.

+3 Surgical Extraction
    +3 Thoughtseize

-3 Pernicious Deed
    -3 Abrupt Decay

Entrantress -Seems to be on a resurgence because of its good game against Eldrazi Aggro

+3 Surgical Extraction
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +1 Vraska the Unseen
    +1 Qasali Pridemage
    +2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Gaddock Teeg

-1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    -4 Veteran Explorer
    -4 Path to Exile
    -1 Scavenging Ooze

Lands

+3 Surgical Extraction
    +2 Slaughter Games
    +1 Qasali Pridemage

-3 Abrupt Decay
    -1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Pernicious Deed
    -1 Dryad Arbor

Infect

+1 Glissa, the Traitor
    +1 Golgari Charm

-1 Courser of Kruphix
    -1 Dragonlord Dromoka

I hope this isn't a redundant post to previous ones, any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by TTX; 03-13-2016 at 07:36 PM.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Hey Nic-Fitters,
    I'm going to be rocking the Rhino Junk next week in Indianapolis.

Grixis Tempo. Watch out for Stifle, Daze, and Angler, otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

+1 Golgari Charm

-1 Deathrite Shaman

Eldrazi Stompy - Therapy for Chalice of the Void or Thought-Knot Seer

+1 Glissa, the Traitor
    +1 Qasali Pridemage
    +1 Vraska the Unseen

-1 Courser of Kruphix
    -1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Scavenging Ooze

Sneak and Show/Omnitell - Strip their Brainstorms and Show and Tell

+1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Qasali Pridemage
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +3 Surgical Extraction
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +2 Slaughter Games

-1 Scavenging Ooze
    -1 Courser of Kruphix
    -3 Abrupt Decay
    -3 Pernicious Deed
    -1 Garruk Relentless
    -1 Siege Rhino
    -1 Painful Truths

I hope this isn't a redundant post to previous ones, any feedback is greatly appreciated.
    Vs. Grixis I wouldn't board out DRS. They run DRS too. Having one out yourself often enough seriously fucks with their plans. It also allows you to keep some control over their GY so they have more trouble casting Gurmag Angler. DRS does a lot of work in this MU.

Vs. Eldrazi I'd keep in Ooze. Even though it's a long shot, it is a creature that can eventually grow bigger than theirs. Especially if the games goes long. And you can cast it through Chalice. I don't know if Vraska is any good here, either. She seems too slow for what you need her to do.

Vs. Sneak & Show keep in your Ooze as well. After you have them discard something important Ooze can eat it so you know for sure it doesn't shuffle back with the Emrakul trigger.

I'm a little bit puzzled about Vraska. What matches do you expect her to help you, and in what way?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Solid list. I like it.

<3 Vraska.
    Seems solid vs Miracles.
    Forces them to have boots on the ground, but Vraska +1 makes it awkward for them. Gets rid of Jace or other random and scary shit like Batterkull. Resolving her Ulti will work after you got rid of Terminus but Slaughter Games does the trick.

VS Ant i always want to keep Pernicious Deed in incase EtW. Often they think your boarding it out. If i KNOW they EtW then i sometimes bring GCharm to. Added bonus is regenerate Teeg on a Decay.

Boarding out Veteran Explorer. ALWAYS leave 1 in. It comes up that GSZ into Vet can enable a solid line of play (into S.Games for example) or can unfuck manascrew.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Feb 2015
    Italy

For all the non-believers of our rhino friend. Chances are that when in trouble, the answer is more rhinos. Save the cheerleaders etc etc

http://i.imgur.com/C8RSc1x.jpg

This has to be a stupidly hilarious board state. He made the error of attacking with everything only to drop another mimic afterwards, rip.

I have found this match up far from unwinnable. And Eldrazi is giving some trouble to some of our worst enemies, aka miracles and storm, so I think that Eldrazi is helping us in this meta, really.

The T2 TKS is what separates a really difficult game from a decently doable one. If I have the chance I always name TKS if they haven't had the chance (aka right combination of sol lands) to drop it T2-3.

E: this was the standard Eldrazi list. The one that fetches for Newlamog and other Titans with Eye of Ugin is totally another story, that list has a kind of inevitability we don't have and it totally destroys Nic Fit just like turbo eldrazi.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    For all the non-believers of our rhino friend. Chances are that when in trouble, the answer is more rhinos. Save the cheerleaders etc etc

http://i.imgur.com/C8RSc1x.jpg

This has to be a stupidly hilarious board state. He made the error of attacking with everything only to drop another mimic afterwards, rip.

I have found this match up far from unwinnable. And Eldrazi is giving some trouble to some of our worst enemies, aka miracles and storm, so I think that Eldrazi is helping us in this meta, really.

The T2 TKS is what separates a really difficult game from a decently doable one. If I have the chance I always name TKS if they haven't had the chance (aka right combination of sol lands) to drop it T2-3.

E: this was the standard Eldrazi list. The one that fetches for Newlamog and other Titans with Eye of Ugin is totally another story, that list has a kind of inevitability we don't have and it totally destroys Nic Fit just like turbo eldrazi.
    I agree with you. I always call Thought-Knot Seer vs Eldrazi with a blind Therapy (obviously i do know that i am against Eldrazi). The MU does seem to look more scary then it actually is.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Sorry for the spam, but I wanted to show you all a bonus picture.

http://i.imgur.com/8vhC4uC.jpg

Turns out that:
    1. Ponder miracles (only wincons that this guy had were JTMS and 2x EtA) is pretty weak to Slaughter Games, infact it's nice to have 3 of them; a couple of leftover snapcasters and 1 clique are not good enough against 4x decays and Deed.
    2. Moat is not enough of a good card when you are facing a freakin' angry flying rhinocero.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Elves. Again, pretty explosive. All removal is a must. Gaddock Teeg keeps them off Natural Order and GSZ.

+2 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Golgari Charm

-2 Painful Truths
    -1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    -1 Siege Rhino
    Personally I would treat Elves more like a combo matchup. (N.b. I've played a lot against Elves but not for some time.) Secure that they don't combo off with Glimpse of Nature or Natural order. Which means you need to board into Thoughtseizes. With Thoughtseize + Therapy they are not going to be able to combo off very often. Coupled with Heavy removal to kill all key creatures they play and Rhinos to win the ground battle. Follow up initial discard with a Gaddock to make sure you don't see more Natural Orders. I'm not up to date on the latest Elves lists but I heard they sometimes don't play Natural Order, this of course influences the need for Gaddock who does limit our own GSZ's.

Ethersworn Canonist has the disadvantage of being killed with card advantage by Reclamation Sage + Wirewood Symbiote, I wouldn't board into it. But perhaps your plan is to land Gaddock first to cut off GSZ, then play Canonist to keep them down. This won't work if they board into and draw Abrupt Decay [edit: though I guess chances are they won't], I would rather go with Thoughtseizes.

Meren is vulnerable to Ooze and Deathrites, Sigarda offers basically the combat power and toughness of Siege Rhino (flying vs trample seems like a detail) but for +1 mana and without the life gain. I prefer the Rhinos in this matchup.

So I would probably board:
    +3 Thoughtseize
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Golgari Charm

-1 Sigarda
    -1 Meren
    -1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    -2 Painful Truths
    Last edited by pettdan; 03-13-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Solid list. I like it.

<3 Vraska.
    Seems solid vs Miracles.
    Forces them to have boots on the ground, but Vraska +1 makes it awkward for them. Gets rid of Jace or other random and scary shit like Batterkull. Resolving her Ulti will work after you got rid of Terminus but Slaughter Games does the trick.

VS Ant i always want to keep Pernicious Deed in incase EtW. Often they think your boarding it out. If i KNOW they EtW then i sometimes bring GCharm to. Added bonus is regenerate Teeg on a Decay.

Boarding out Veteran Explorer. ALWAYS leave 1 in. It comes up that GSZ into Vet can enable a solid line of play (into S.Games for example) or can unfuck manascrew.
    Against Storm, there are too many cards need to be sided out(Decay, PtE, Glissa/Courser and 5-6CMC high-cost guys), so Deed should be kept.

Also, sometimes storm players would slam LEDs before going off without holding priority. If they made such error, deed@0 would punish them.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

There's a problem I'm that situation for Storm - if you keep LEDs in your hand, you can lose them to Therapy, but if you play them out early they get popped by Deed. No real solution (other than going off on turn one without giving us opportunities to cast either, I guess).

Dec 2013

Yup, Deed stays in vs. ANT/TES.

First things to go out are spotremoval and 3 Explorers, then the big CMC 6 stuff and Meren. That's like 10-12 slots, depending on your build.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Yup, Deed stays in vs. ANT/TES.

First things to go out are spotremoval and 3 Explorers, then the big CMC 6 stuff and Meren. That's like 10-12 slots, depending on your build.
    Played a whole two games (lol) with my BUG Nic Fit list today in between rounds at a mini-tournament. I really didn't even see the benefit of having blue. I played against Grixis Delver, and he got completely blown out by a toxic deluge both games. That being said, it seems that Delver seems to be ill-equipped to deal with any Nic Fit variant. Is this generally what you guys have found?

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Played a whole two games (lol) with my BUG Nic Fit list today in between rounds at a mini-tournament. I really didn't even see the benefit of having blue. I played against Grixis Delver, and he got completely blown out by a toxic deluge both games. That being said, it seems that Delver seems to be ill-equipped to deal with any Nic Fit variant. Is this generally what you guys have found?
    Yes. anyDelver.dec is our prey of choice, regardless of how it's seasoned. It doesn't play basics, won't kill you in the first couple of turns and most flavors don't play anything that can deal with a Siege Rhino or other random CMC > 3, toughness > 3 creature. Those that are capable of dealing with bigger stuff still fold to the quantity of big stuff we throw at them. We can also pretty much ignore the land destruction suite they play. As a result, Daze doesn't do shit vs. your deck (as long as you respect it) and FoW is usually the first thing I name with Therapy. After they lose their FoWs you can pretty much just have your way with them. No consent required.

Of all Delver flavors out there, I find that BUG usually is the easiest MU and Grixis one of the harder ones. They have more ways to interact with the Veteran Explorer or it's trigger, which is one of the few things that can really hurt us in that MU. They also run DRS which can fuck with our GY and Gurmag Angler that either needs to be discarded or PtE'd.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

New card that is strictly worse than vindicate spoiled.
    1WB
    instant
    exile target nonland permanent
    lose 3 life
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    New card that is strictly worse than vindicate spoiled.
    1WB
    instant
    exile target nonland permanent
    lose 3 life
    To me it's an instant speed remove target JTMS maelstrom pulse.
    I think it's good to be honest? We have enough life gain.

Dec 2013

To me it's an instant speed remove target JTMS maelstrom pulse.
    I think it's good to be honest? We have enough life gain.
    I agree, being an instant might be a thing. Might prevent you from losing a turn to something b/c you're forced to respond to it during your own turn.

It's at least worth testing.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Playing online, I always run pulse and vindicate in the main. And pulse stays in only when there's a JTMS on the other side of the table, otherwise gets replaced by deluge in the creature match up.
    For me this is pretty much replacing pulse: I have 3 deeds and toxic as mass creature removal and in the control matchup 3 life is a trivial drawback.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Playing online, I always run pulse and vindicate in the main. And pulse stays in only when there's a JTMS on the other side of the table, otherwise gets replaced by deluge in the creature match up.
    For me this is pretty much replacing pulse: I have 3 deeds and toxic as mass creature removal and in the control matchup 3 life is a trivial drawback.
    I am not sold on it. I will leave that testing to you all. Ive been too busy trying to get GB 8 post work.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Thread Information