Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1373

Thread: The current state of Magic

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: The current state of Magic

Well, I don't particularly like Hoogland either, so...

But you guys still imagine there are objective standards to Wizards decisions. I just don't know how to help you at this point.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Same, I am literally shaking with rage rn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    lmao, this board got a lot better since I was last on
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, I don't particularly like Hoogland either, so...

But you guys still imagine there are objective standards to Wizards decisions. I just don't know how to help you at this point.
    I still remember he rudely flipped his opponent's tarmogoyf on the table at SCG open or invitational.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    I still remember he rudely flipped his opponent's tarmogoyf on the table at SCG open or invitational.
    I just generally find his manner, personality, temperament, and attitude rather unpleasant. Anecdotes like that though point to my hunch being pretty justified though.

I don't like Jeff Hoogland either. I don't find the appeal at all. He's like an annoying super-geek.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Also he's a colossal baby.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

People pay him to play shit decks, so when I want to see something like Modern Whir played 4 weeks before anyone else knows it exists, he is my guy. But I am there for the deck, if someone else had gameplay up I would watch them too.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

People pay him to play shit decks, so when I want to see something like Modern Whir played 4 weeks before anyone else knows it exists, he is my guy. But I am there for the deck, if someone else had gameplay up I would watch them too.
    Yeah everyone else at this point seems to be playing standard or drafting on arena so often he's the only streamer not doing that
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Caleb Durward is now part of the Mythic Invitational. Good decision.

On a different note: New survey link is up

Best question:

I answered "No" because there's no coherent plan behind what WotC is doing - how are they going to do esports when they don't even stream their esport events (Magic Fests are officially labeld "esports" instead of TCG by WotC now)?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Magic Fests are officially labeld "esports" instead of TCG by WotC now
    Ah yes, E for Electronic.

Nothing more E-sporty than a competition that specifically bans the use of electronics.

Oscar: You can't just say bankruptcy esport and have it be true
    Michael: I didn't say it. I declared it.
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Ah yes, E for Electronic.

Nothing more E-sporty than a competition that specifically bans the use of electronics.

Oscar: You can't just say bankruptcy esport and have it be true
    Michael: I didn't say it. I declared it.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Nothing screams "e-sports" to me more than trying to figure out what is going in a match between glare, card sleeves and anime art while at the same time listening to Marshall Sutcliffe try to validate why he was given the position of a commentator when he clearly has no experience with the format being covered.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Nothing screams "e-sports" to me more than trying to figure out what is going in a match between glare, card sleeves and anime art while at the same time listening to Marshall Sutcliffe try to validate why he was given the position of a commentator when he clearly has no experience with the format being covered.

There are plenty of words that start with the letter E, lets not be pedantic and insist it means what we all already know it means.

Here is a random selection of alternatives to get you started: echopraxia, endeixis, erotesis, or (and this is the best one in this selection) euonymous.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

There are plenty of words that start with the letter E, lets not be pedantic and insist it means what we all already know it means.

Here is a random selection of alternatives to get you started: echopraxia, endeixis, erotesis, or (and this is the best one in this selection) euonymous.
    Stop cheating at scrabble my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Stop cheating at scrabble my dude.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Thanks!

esport as in entertainment sport (eg wwe), much like how the pro tour is the promotional tour, despite what wotc says.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    esport as in entertainment sport (eg wwe), much like how the pro tour is the promotional tour, despite what wotc says.
    Magic is neither an actual Esport (defined as everyone knows) nor an "entertainment sport" as that is defined. It's a game.

Not to mention, both Esports and "entertainment sport" are pretty much just bullshit terms that attempt to engender "legitimacy" by banking on a culturally accepted types of "game."

So, yeah, I feel pretty good about my initial sarcastic response. (Despite "misspelling that last word, but whatever.)

Anyone trying to argue that the E in Esports is anything but electronic is deluding themselves and reaching.

Also Wizards has made the wrong decisions in almost everything for the past ten years. From events, to art (their art direction went to community college), to support. Almost everything.

With the exceptions of making the game appeal to the lowest common denominator and their pumping out master sets and overall bloating of retail prices while cutting quality and cost to the bone. This is the only thing keeping them around. As long as normies and magictcg gobble up the cheap paper printed memes by the boatload (and they will) the ivory tower at seattle will survive despite its retardation in every other department.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Nowdays, esports is just a term for corporate suits for a thing that magically prints money, kinda like radiation giving you superpowers or nanomachines doing all kind of silly things in fiction:

Nowdays, esports is just a term for corporate suits for a thing that magically prints money, kinda like radiation giving you superpowers or nanomachines doing all kind of silly things in fiction:
    The best thing about esports in multiplayer games is it forces the devs to balance the game around 14 year olds with no life and the fast twitch reflexes of a super-computer. Which in turn makes playing the game suck for the regular folks who don't have any of that bullshit but DO provide 100% of the actual revenue.

Can't wait to see that garbage get dumpstered already.

Thread Information