PDA

View Full Version : MWS Source Tournament (Round 4)



technogeek5000
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/Dj_Drex/Round4Pairings.jpg

#1: Technogeek5000, Deck Code: 2b28c4f5, AIM: tng6000, TZ: -5
#2: Wallace, Deck Code: 58fe9d14, YIM: Wally9180, TZ: -5
#3: lavafrogg, Deck Code: 2ece39ac
#4: Roodmistah, Deck Code: D1142CE0
#5: mathewCURBSTOMP, Deck Code: 266aded5, AIM: matthewCURBSTOMP, TZ: -5
#6: Valtrix, Deck Code: a54b358e, AIM: Disilllusioned, E-mail: icyshadow307@yahoo.com, TZ: -6
#7: KillemallCFH, Deck Code: 4ac32d4e, AIM: KillemallCFHUO, TZ: -5
#8: Deepfrieddynamite, Deck Code: de676149, AIM: braindeadbioch
#9: YuanTi, Deck Code: c6f4c396, AIM: YuanTiMTGS, MSN: yuanti101@hotmail.co.uk, TZ: +1
#10: Cabal-kun, Deck Code: 956c870d, AIM: fistofthecabal, MSN & E-mail: cabal-kun@hotmail.com, Skype: Cabal_chan, TZ: -5
#11: freakish777, Deck Code:760EA80F, TZ: -5
#12: Mr Wiggl3s, Deck Code: 40bc3a98
#13: Toq, Deck Code: 92870456, AIM: MagicEgos, TZ: -8
#14: Verdana, Deck Code: BF7C6615, MSN: n_bevacqua@hotmail.com, TZ: -3
#15: apoq, Deck Code: 127af7fa, AIM: apriestofgix, TZ: -8
#16: Liek, Deck Code: 8d08a04a, AIM: Liek16
#17: JeroenC, Deck Code: d14548f9
#18: crz87, Deck Code: b933f715, Email: crz_87@hotmail.com
#19: Kadaj, Deck Code: 0484fe73, AIM: IronicNihilist, MSN: EternalArcadia22@gmail.com, TZ: -5
#20: Jak., Deck Code: 08522624, TZ: -8
#21: Eldariel, Deck Code: 2ad54464, AIM: Elealar, MSN: elealar@hotmail.com, ICQ: 73141588, TZ: +2
#22: Van Phanel, Deck Code: 10b99fa8, TZ: +2
#23: Mister Agent, Deck Code: 93ed343b, AIM: Liufamily2, TZ: -8
#24: Di, Deck Code: 6bc72821, TZ: -5
#25: Cathal83, Deck Code: 01809ef6, AIM: DalkonCledwin, YIM: brass_dragon_ixen@yahoo.com, MSNM: kojizu@tx.rr.com, TZ: -6
#26: idraleo, Deck Code: 8a8f7fbb, E-mail: idraleo@hotmail.it, TZ: +1
#27: Slay, Deck Code: 7fad7ac5, AIM: thzae, Email: sciore@wpi.edu, TZ: -5
#28: Koinah, Deck Code: 84532336, Aim: acc10491, Email: Koinah@gmail.com, TZ: -8
#29: Phantom, Deck Code: 4E720443, Email: ahwrenn@gmail.com, TZ: -5
#30: Internet Hate Machine, Deck Code: 97f317cf, TZ: -6
#31: Giles, Deck Code: 76388103, AIM:RockerPandy, TZ: -8
#32: Bando, Deck Code: 1db8fc39, TZ: -7
#33: Swing4five, Deck Code: D2CA9A2B, TZ: -5
#34: Joon, Deck Code: 5C8465EE, MSN: jonas@appelt-familie.de, Email: jonas.appelt@gmx.de, ICQ: 283 750 706, TZ: +1
#35: suprafan386, Deck Code: b25c3066, AIM: suprafan386, TZ: -5
#36: Roman Candle: AIM: NicoPwnz, Deck Code: 38BF4BEC, TZ: -5
#37: iOWN, Deck Code: CC4A62F3, TZ: -5
#38: The Rack, Deck Code: e34672ef, AIM: pianohobo, TZ: -8
#39: dude 666, Deck Code: 42168777, TZ: -5
#40: B.C., Deck Code: ACD5AFDD, E-mail: bchrist99@hotmail.com, TZ: -5
#41: thefreakaccident, Deck Code: 1E81B4F9, Email: robertherlihy@mac.com, TZ: -6
#42: TheInfamousBearAssasin, Deck Code: f64c14c8, AIM: Doomska
#43: Der_imaginäre_Freund, Deck Code: fa10ae93, TZ: +1
#44: Nihil Credo, Deck Code: 07b80e5d, TZ: +1, AIM: Nihil Cred0, MSN: nihil@hotmail.co.uk
#45: CorruptedAngel, Deck Code: f38b532b, AIM: corruptedangel26, TZ: -5
#46: Adan, Deck Code: fa10ae93, AIM: adantheone, ICQ: 310021871, MSN: adan[at]mifeng.de, TZ: +1
#47: Elfrago, Deck Code: 0d054cf8, MSN and Email: loscocciaATgmailDOTcom, TZ: +1
#48: Maagler, Deck Code: EDA745B3, AIM: Maagler, TZ: -5
#49: PunkRocker1134, Deck Code: 2c4b193b, AIM: Myhellfire7734, TZ: -5
#50: znoyes, Deck Code: 87c1f8da
#51: Dapug, Deck Code: 88C35629, E-mail: dapug369@yahoo.com, TZ: -6,
#52: GreenOne, Deck Code: 6204DC14, MSN: cgavanelli@libero.it, email: tispediscouna@email.it. TZ: +1
#53: Eseph, Deck Code: 744f075c, Email & MSN: Sheep_among_men@hotmail.com
#54: Phantom_lt, Deck code: 3b2d2ba6, Skype: phantom-lt, Email: ttosu423[at]gmail[dot]com, TZ:+1
#55: Al Von Springrol, Deck Code: e6ca3aec, MSN: alecoaq@libero.it, TZ: +1
#56: Isamaru, Deck Code: E4B6E262, Email: thesjproject at gmail, MSN: sj@thesjproject.com, TZ: -8 until August 2nd, -5 after August 2nd
#57: Jaiminho, Deck Code: B8C43E84, AIM: tripasseca, MSN: tripasseca@hotmail.com, TZ: -3
#58: Yamelle, Deck Code: EB6BA179, MSN: yamaelle@hotmail.com, TZ: -8
#59: Shivanking, Deck Code: a8c6810f, MSN: shivanking@hotmail.it,E-Mail: shivanking@legacyitalia.it, TZ: +1
#60: The Wes, Deck Code: 46B39DF9, MSN: wes_sanders at hotmail.com, AIM: wessanders99, TZ: -5
#61: Whit3 Ghost: Deck Code: 3b43628b
#62: mishima_kazuya, Deck Code: 0667F22E, AIM: madaznskilzz, email: mechalover196@yahoo.com, TZ: -5
#63: Illisius, Deck Code: 1A2FB57B, AIM: Illissius, TZ: +1
#64: Sanguine Voyeur, Deck Code: 30AB6354, TZ: -5, AIM: SanguineVoyeur, Yahoo: SanguineVoyeur, MSN: SanguineVoyeur@live.com, ICQ: 459-700-762.
#65: VuRkka, Deck Code: 34d7f9de, Email: vurkka at gmail.com, MSN: vurkka at hotmail.com, IRC: VRk on Quakenet & Efnet
#66: mOxMoNgEr, Timezone : -5, Deckcode : ec478f31, Msn/Email : lordedge@hotmail.com
#67: Vanele, Timezone : -5, Deck Code: 92B71DA3, Msn/Email: Blackmist33@yahoo.com, Aim : blackmist111
#68: Brehn, Deck Code: 2eb11838, TZ: +1
#69: klaus, Deck Code: 82D02B03, TZ: +1, E-Mail: jasharo [at] gmx.de
#70: Poichoi, Deck Code: 09e60d51, TZ: +1, msn: poichoi4magic@hotmail.it
#71: HummingbirdTG, Deck Code: 7873C950, TZ+8, MSN: bloodmage844@hotmail.com
#72: geosgaen0, msn: caladbolg@bigfoot.com, TZ: +7, Deck Code : 3b3bcdc6
#73: Papillon, Deck code: 459dafe5, TZ: -8, email: keith.dunwoody@gmail.com
#74: Ray.N, Deck Code: 0B7D09D7, TZ: -5, Email: shadow_penquin@yahoo.com, AIM: roonan034
#75: Kuma, Deck Code: 8c047a32, TZ: -5, Email: kumathebear726@yahoo.com, AIM: kumathebear726
#76: THEchubbymuffin, Deck Code: 83B25C97, TZ: -8, email: japanesebum247@hotmail.com
#77: Avatar of light, Deck Code: 65f9d5fa, TZ: -8, MSN: dragonfire87925@hotmail.com

If you have a loss from not showing up for your round twice in a row. You will be dropped from the tournament.

The round ends August 6th at 10:00 P.M. GMT -5

If I made any errors, please let me know and Ill correct it ASAP. GL to everyone

Roman Candle
08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Kadaj dropped last round... I would definitely look at fixing that. Or I can take the bye.\

EDIT:


I am dropping due to a lack of time. Good luck to everyone still in the tournament.

Eldariel
08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Contacted Poichoi.

Jaiminho
08-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Added Slay on AIM.

matthewCURBSTOMP
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Opponent PM'd and added to AIM.

Rood
08-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I win 2-1 in an intense very close round. That matchup makes me uneasy.

Avatar of Light
08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
PM'd Koinah, but his profile indicates that his last activity was on JUNE 21st...

KillemallCFH
08-02-2008, 12:30 AM
PM'd Illussius.

geosgaen0
08-02-2008, 02:31 AM
pm'ed Swing4Five.
waitng for reply.

Tog
08-02-2008, 03:40 AM
PM'ed Dapug.

PhanTom_lt
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM
PM'd Wallace and added him on AIM and Yahoo.
However, shouldn't this be a cut to top16, not top8, due to the higher number of people participating?

Sims
08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
PM'd Wallace and added him on AIM and Yahoo.
However, shouldn't this be a cut to top16, not top8, due to the higher number of people participating?


No. Cut to top 16 requires over 100 people, we didn't have that many.

Edit: Also PMed Mr Wiggl3s

Nihil Credo
08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Two other Italians in a row? Pity.

PM'd Elfrago.

Van Phanel
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
I win 2-1 against Adan. A bad matchup and a tiny little bit of bad luck on his side.

Adan
08-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Adan 1-2 Van Phanel

One of the worst matchups, but eh, the way he played was close to perfection.

But now I can drop, school starts on Monday again anyway.

TheInfamousBearAssassin
08-02-2008, 06:02 PM
2-0 against Ray.N. I got lucky with a couple of Chant-Locks early on, although it's probably a favored matchup anyway.


Due to my tinkering around with the decklist late at night to test something, and then having to switch it back to the tournament configuration, I fucked up my deck registration. It's currently; f64c14c8

technogeek5000
08-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I just fixed a point error with klaus and Wallace. Just play the same opponent you were assigned.

Isamaru
08-02-2008, 07:05 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Adan for bringing Landstill to the tournament and then dropping out a round after we were matched up... :tongue:

I conceded because I didn't feel like playing a 2+ hour game... and then you drop out of the tournament for school a round later... Thanks, Adan :rolleyes:

Van Phanel
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, he only dropped because he lost and has no chance to go Top8 anymore. Otherwise he sure would've stayed in.

Also if you concede because you "don't feel like playing a 2+ hour game", you don't actually take this very serious, do you?

Slay
08-02-2008, 09:52 PM
lost 0-2. dropping

Jaiminho
08-02-2008, 09:53 PM
lost 0-2. dropping

Confirmed. Good games.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Replyed to Kuma.

Add me on aim, I'm on now.

VuRkka
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
VuRkka 1 - 2 The Wes.

The Wes
08-03-2008, 10:41 AM
The Wes 2 : VuRkka 1

Two very close games, then just a broken opening for game 3. Good games.

Whit3 Ghost
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I take it 2-1.

Kuma
08-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Kuma: 1 Whit3 Ghost: 2

I lose, but I couldn't have asked for a better player to lose to. Great guy.

Tog
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Lose, Dapug: 2, Tog: 1.

diffy
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I was out of town for the last two days - I still couldn't make contact with Sanguine Voyeur.

Cabal-kun
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I lose both games to The Rack.

Curse a +10 card mana screw.

The Rack
08-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I beat Cabal_Kun 2-0 the second game was dumb, 4 lands in 20 turns? what?

Papillon
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Lost 1-2, drop

freakish777
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Win 2-1.

Maagler
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I am going to have to drop. too many things going on right now. its been fun thanks!

Mister Agent
08-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I am going to have to drop. too many things going on right now. its been fun thanks!

Sorry to hear about that. Have a good one.

Valtrix
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
I lose vs Giles 0-2.

Giles
08-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I lose vs Giles 0-2.

Win Mind Tricks Win... Viling Horror to the TOP!

diffy
08-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Der_imaginäre_Freund 0 : 2 Sanguine Voyeur

Not much I could do there.

Adan
08-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Adan for bringing Landstill to the tournament and then dropping out a round after we were matched up... :tongue:

I conceded because I didn't feel like playing a 2+ hour game... and then you drop out of the tournament for school a round later... Thanks, Adan :rolleyes:

Uh, well, I'm a pretty quick player and I am familiar with MWS since I am playing with it since 2 years or so. And I was the one who stood up early in the morning (at the weekend!) to play a competitive game and you concede with such a lousy excuse.

SRSLY, if Landstill would really need 2 hours to win, how come that players all over the world are winning tournaments with it?
According to you, it should be the James-Bond-Deck: 0-0-7. And that's BULLSHIT.


Well, he only dropped because he lost and has no chance to go Top8 anymore. Otherwise he sure would've stayed in.

Yes. And school started today. My scheduele is pretty fucked up, too. I don't have time for such online tournaments anymore (at least for tournaments with international players, thus different time zones involved).


Also if you concede because you "don't feel like playing a 2+ hour game", you don't actually take this very serious, do you?

He doesn't. I know what he's playing, he definitely doesn't.

Swing4Five
08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Replied to geosgaen0, was off camping. Gonna be another one thats a bitch for time differences.

Nihil Credo
08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I still haven't gotten a reply on Elfrago, nor have I seen him on MSN or in neither of the main Italian forums since this round started. I hope he shows up tomorrow so we can play, but if not, well, I've made the effort.

EDIT: I just checked his profiles in multiple forums, he hasn't been online since July 31st.

klaus
08-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Contacted Isamaru,

I hope we can play it out tomorrow.

EDIT:
We settled for today- 08/05 (latest) - Isamaru didn't reply however.
I hope it'll still work out somehow..

matthewCURBSTOMP
08-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I win 2:1 over Brehn.

Brehn
08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
That one matchup which I was really hoping not to get... I was surprised I even won a game. He had a bad draw.

matthewCURBSTOMP vs. Brehn 2-1

Exams are about to happen, so please consider me dropped.

Swing4Five
08-05-2008, 12:07 AM
I lose 1 -2

l2sideg3, l2mull

geosgaen0
08-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Geosgaen0 vs Swing4Five 2 : 1

thx.^^

DeepfriedDynamite
08-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Pmed Hummingbird

THEchubbymuffin
08-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Lost 2-1 against you. Not sure if I even have to post... But Game 2 was awesome (I won).

znoyes
08-05-2008, 06:33 AM
I posted a message to shivanking.

My luck with responses has been bad thusfar. It's partly because I post my message a day late.

--Zach

mishima_kazuya
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I won 2-1 over GreenOne
Very good games man.

GreenOne
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I won 2-1 over GreenOne
Very good games man.

QFT

Eldariel
08-05-2008, 12:11 PM
No word of Poichoi yet. I haven't seen him around on MSN either. Does anyone (Nihil, I'm looking at you!) know if he's away for the round or something?

Nihil Credo
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Does anyone (Nihil, I'm looking at you!) know if he's away for the round or something?

Last visit here: July 25th
Last visit on legacyitalia.it: July 21st
Not seen online on MSN recently either.

(It's a her, by the way.)

As for my match, Elfrago has re-appeared and we'll probably play tonight.

Eldariel
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Alright, I'll just sit tight and wait then. I'd hate to get a walkover.

Nihil Credo
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Elfrago wins 2-1. Awesome games ;)

technogeek5000
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Lost 2-1 against you. Not sure if I even have to post... But Game 2 was awesome (I won).

Yepperz. GG's. Especially the last 2.

Eldariel
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I beat Poichoi 2-0. Really nice opponent, she didn't bemoan the bad fortune like e.g. I would have.

Isamaru
08-06-2008, 02:33 AM
klaus's AIM screen name seems to be incorrect. I tried contacting a few variations on it, but none seem to have been sent to him.

KillemallCFH
08-06-2008, 03:01 AM
I beat Illissius 2-0. I feel kinda bad because we were rushing to finish G2 and he might have conceded prematurely on my behalf (my ride was waiting for me outside while we were doing G2). Anyways, good games.

Al von Springrol
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Contacted Yamelle by pm and msn, waiting response



EDIT: Al von Springrol vs Yamaelle: 2-0

good games, for me it is a very good mu

Sims
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Had PMed Mr Wiggl3s back at the beginning of the round and have recieved no response, nor has he attempted to contact me on AIM or MSN. I've gotta leave for work in an hour and won't be home til after the round is over (don't get out til 10:30 est). So it looks like this round is a wash for me.

Hummingbird TG
08-06-2008, 12:53 PM
DeepfriedDynamite and I have contacted each other by PM but he doesn't have MSN Messenger and I don't have AIM, thus it looks like its going to be difficult for us to play our match out before the deadline ends...

Wallace
08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Doesn't look like Phantom_it and I will be getting our game in. I hope that I don't get paired against another European in 5, that would be 3 in a row. That timezone difference is a bitch.

Illissius
08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I beat Illissius 2-0. I feel kinda bad because we were rushing to finish G2 and he might have conceded prematurely on my behalf (my ride was waiting for me outside while we were doing G2). Anyways, good games.

I don't think I had much of an out there unless you suddenly decided to throw the game away. There was one card in my library which might have helped me, if seven celestial bodies aligned with the fern-fucking purple porcupine, but probably not even then.

And yeah, I lose as a consequence of playing terribly. Mise well stay in to get some games in against other Sourcers, as opposed to MWS randoms.



DeepfriedDynamite and I have contacted each other by PM but he doesn't have MSN Messenger and I don't have AIM, thus it looks like its going to be difficult for us to play our match out before the deadline ends...

It takes 10 minutes to set up an account, seriously.

znoyes
08-06-2008, 07:45 PM
No response from shivanking. Bummer.

--Zach

klaus
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
klaus's AIM screen name seems to be incorrect. I tried contacting a few variations on it, but none seem to have been sent to him.

Alright.
I'm hitting the bed shift now. (3:24 in the am's my t. zone)

I've been waiting and contacting Isamaru via all resources and waiting some more like I did over the last 3 days/nights.

The AIM nick I gave you was correct Isamaru - either way it's just no excuse.
PMing over TS/e-mailing works just fine.

No offence but I won't take a draw under the given circumstances.

Klaus.

technogeek5000
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
THe round ends now. I lost track of time so the round is going to start a hour late I have to say.

Edit:

Alright.
I'm hitting the bed shift now. (3:24 in the am's my t. zone)

I've been waiting and contacting Isamaru via all resources and waiting some more like I did over the last 3 days/nights.

The AIM nick I gave you was correct Isamaru - either way it's just no excuse.
PMing over TS/e-mailing works just fine.

No offence but I won't take a draw under the given circumstances.

Klaus.


Unfortunately your gonna have to. He made contact just as you did. I cannot play favorites based on one person trying harder then the other.

klaus
08-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Unfortunately your gonna have to [take the draw]. He made contact just as you did. I cannot play favorites based on one person trying harder then the other.

With all respect there is no logic behind this. That reasoning would mean I can IT with anyone anytime without his affirmation by just contacting him once and leaving it at that.
Isamaru actually only contacted me once, really - 50 minutes before the round ended (4:10am my time zone) - which is a joke.
I would hate missing top 8 due to that.