PDA

View Full Version : Legacy coming to mtgo

fredk
09-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry if this is a repost, but it looks like very exciting news in that real live legacy could be coming to mtgo by December - I'm basing this on the following link:

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/other/091808a

Has anyone heard anything about this?

edit to say: Obviously we won't have a 100% of the cardpool, but I think with tempest coming out soon most of the major players could make the transition to online.

Nihil Credo
09-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Ugh. Don't make me go to the WotC forums again. MY EYES!

Anyway:

They removed 1 instance of the Legacy - Worth had mentioned it was a typo
I wonder if they just misesd taking both out

mercenarybdu
09-21-2008, 02:34 AM
They aint gonna have Legacy on there for a long time as they are still missing the Wheatherlight out of Mirage Block and they are also missing Tempest, Urza, and Mercadian Blocks.

Then by the time those sets are even out, Workstation would still be superior to mtgo by a long shot. Although you might not make large quick profits out of Workstation but at least you'll always be ahead of the game without having the server crash on you 90% of the time.

Solaran_X
09-21-2008, 03:15 AM
They aint gonna have Legacy on there for a long time as they are still missing the Wheatherlight out of Mirage Block and they are also missing Tempest, Urza, and Mercadian Blocks.

Then by the time those sets are even out, Workstation would still be superior to mtgo by a long shot. Although you might not make large quick profits out of Workstation but at least you'll always be ahead of the game without having the server crash on you 90% of the time.
1st off, Weatherlight is already available on MTGO and Tempest is being released later this year. MEDII is also bringing in other playables such as the allied color real duals (Taiga, Tundra, Underground Sea, Savannah, and Badlands), Imperial Recruiter, and Sea Drake.

2nd, MTGO (despite it's bad rep) is superior to MWS because of it's automatic enforcement of most rules (the notable exception of rule 420, which regards the handling of infinite loops and is a coding nightmare). True, there are idiots on both platforms...but at least on MTGO, you don't have idiots telling you that you can't use an Onslaught Fetchland to get a dual - if the client permits it, it is because it's a legal move.

3rd, server crashes aren't as frequent as you incorrectly claim. The server reliability is only bad during and shortly after launch events. The rest of the time, the MTGO server is actually very stable.

Ectoplasm
09-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Obvious as it may be, MWS is superior based on the fact that it's free. Also, play with friends who know the rules! :)
MWS is a great place to playtest real-life decks as well.

ParkerLewis
09-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Obvious as it may be, MWS is superior based on the fact that it's free.

This.

And even more obviously, MTGO's interface is shit. All of it, all over the place. It manages to be both ugly AND unpractical.

fredk
09-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Silly me, I should have just titled the thread: "Do you like MWS or MTGO better?"

Brehn
09-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Legacy coming to mtgo

Obviously we won't have a 100% of the cardpool

Holy contradiction batman.

mercenarybdu
09-22-2008, 01:57 AM
1st off, Weatherlight is already available on MTGO and Tempest is being released later this year. MEDII is also bringing in other playables such as the allied color real duals (Taiga, Tundra, Underground Sea, Savannah, and Badlands), Imperial Recruiter, and Sea Drake.

2nd, MTGO (despite it's bad rep) is superior to MWS because of it's automatic enforcement of most rules (the notable exception of rule 420, which regards the handling of infinite loops and is a coding nightmare). True, there are idiots on both platforms...but at least on MTGO, you don't have idiots telling you that you can't use an Onslaught Fetchland to get a dual - if the client permits it, it is because it's a legal move.

3rd, server crashes aren't as frequent as you incorrectly claim. The server reliability is only bad during and shortly after launch events. The rest of the time, the MTGO server is actually very stable.

MTGO is not a reliable program to use by my understanding and I am not always paying much attention to that program anyways other than the fact that it is only the best way to gain quick profits rather than playing.

I have done a test run and in the end didn't like it.