View Full Version : [NEWS] mtgTheSource.com Merch Now Available!!!!
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone, just letting you all know we've set up a storefront on cafepress.com to sell some swag with our site's logo on it. If you're interested in picking up some clothes to help us advertise, or to show off how in the loop you are at your next event, feel free to visit the store at:
http://www.cafepress.com/mtgTheSource
SpatulaOfTheAges
09-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Swag, eh?
A girl's shirt? You guys are optimists.
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
There's at least one or two out there.
If you gals want more options, PM me, and I'll add more to the store. There's other stuff we could sell too, but I figured we would focus on the things you can wear.
Peter_Rotten
09-25-2008, 12:44 PM
WOW! Lots of options.
Frenger
09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Definitely awesome the number of colors you can choose from, and styles for that matter.
Omg how great! Now I'm gonna look even more nerdy -.-
Have to see what I'm buying...but great number of colors, that's right.
troopatroop
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Buying a hoodie for the anniversary tournament. Such a good idea.
TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll say what everyone's thinking; Where's the IBA t-shirt?
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I'll say what everyone's thinking; Where's the IBA t-shirt?
I suggest you make one. Here, use these (http://cgi.ebay.com/3-GLOW-IN-THE-DARK-FABRIC-PAINT-PENS-Assorted-Colors_W0QQitemZ220283596757QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220283596757&_trkparms=72:1209|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14).
Peter_Rotten
09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I'll say what everyone's thinking; Where's the IBA t-shirt?
Right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU) I already made one.
Maagler
09-25-2008, 01:38 PM
do they not accept paypal?
Pinder
09-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU) I already made one.
Well played, sir. Well played.
edit - I'm sorely tempted to buy one of these when I'm not broke. Of course, that comes with the inconvenience of explaining what "The Source" is to everyone who sees my shirt. Or it might be a plus, if you like making up stories.
"Yeah, it's this organization that helps put children in safe homes. You see the 'Legacy' here means that they'll be safe to pass on a lasting and memorable legacy. That's what we do. We provide children the support they need to make legacies. So...your place or mine?"
Elfrago
09-25-2008, 01:40 PM
You know what would be really awesome? A mtgTheSource playmat.
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 01:41 PM
do they not accept paypal?
Doesn't look like it. It would appear you need real money, not Monopoly money, to order.
You know what would be really awesome? A mtgTheSource playmat.
Last I knew, some were being made for the 5 year event.
TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU) I already made one.
Son of a bitch.
Son of a bitch...
Elfrago
09-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Last I knew, some were being made for the 5 year event.
And how can I get one of those? U know, the 5 year event it's a little bit far from where I live (and for "far" I mean an ocean) :frown:
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 01:52 PM
And how can I get one of those? U know, the 5 year event it's a little bit far from where I live (and for "far" I mean an ocean) :frown:
I doubt you can get one then. Maybe next time, sorry!
Zach Tartell
09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
insertnamehere has said that he won't make it.
So.... no cool playmats unless somebody else is stepping up with some.
insertnamehere has said that he won't make it.
So.... no cool playmats unless somebody else is stepping up with some.
Yeah, Bill said that he got the blanks and when he went to the screenprinter the guy said it was an insane amount per color, so going from black to gray to white with the logo was 3 colors and he wanted like $100-125 (been a few days, i don't remember) PER mat. So he gave up on the concept and has like 10 white mats. Maybe he'd be up for selling them or something so we can customize them for the Anni. Event?
Skeggi
09-25-2008, 02:37 PM
No offense, but they're kind of boring. You should have them printed with a random famous source quote on the back. Then I'd buy for sure!
For instance:
WTF³
Could do pretty good on a t-shirt...or
Legacy is like Japan. We don't make stuff, we just make stuff better.
or
I don't pay for sex; God gave me these 2 hands for a reason.
Just an idea...I'm sure you guys can find better or more suitable quotes.
Nightmare
09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
The shirts are pretty expensive as-is, and they aren't as customizable as they would be from a site like CustomInk (where they'd be like 23USD each). I'm trying to maintain a balance between actually having shirts, and making them cheap enough for people to actually buy them.
URABAHN
09-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Pretty vanilla print, no?
I agree with Skeggi, you should print Adan-Shirts instead of those. :cool:
But nice idea, I really like it since the logo is minimalistic and therefore not that nerdy.
I can still remember that kid in elementary school which got beaten up by others for wearing a Pokemon-Shirt. No kidding, they also torn it off him, dumped it into the toilet and flushed it away.
Is it possible to win one of these hooded sweatshirts at the next Source-Tourney? :smile:
That they don't accept paypal kinda BLOWS.
revenge_inc
09-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Is it possible to win one of these hooded sweatshirts at the next Source-Tourney? :smile:
I suggest giving away one of the hats instead as a door prize. Since it's white you could get everyone at the tournament to autograph/sign it. It's also one size fits all which the hoody isn't.
Edit: Giving it to first place as a trophy is also a good idea
Valtrix
09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
The shirts are pretty expensive as-is, and they aren't as customizable as they would be from a site like CustomInk (where they'd be like 23USD each). I'm trying to maintain a balance between actually having shirts, and making them cheap enough for people to actually buy them.
I find it amusing that we want cheap shirts, but (most) spend hundreds on cards.
I think playmats would be cool. I'm sure that something could be worked out with some artists here on the Source. Non-printed playmats are so much cooler anyway.
We need Polos and Zip Hoodies :wink:
Sweater vests too, IMO
All kidding aside, what about a pin or magnet? Also, is there some way to get it so there's isn't that gaudy box around the logo on the darker shirts?
kicks_422
09-25-2008, 07:21 PM
You could commission yawg07 to do playmats/shirt designs.
Mayk0l
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
I want to pay with Paypal :(
Maagler
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
You could commission yawg07 to do playmats/shirt designs.
+2
freakish777
09-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I would get something if it were possible to to get it customized with my username either down a sleeve or on the back.
sunshine
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
The truckers hat is pretty awesome. I can't resist.
Isamaru
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Cafepress is a cop out, but it is better than nothing (for now)
beastman
09-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Right here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU) I already made one.
damn.... :mad: that was a good one
i havent been "rolled" in ages!!!
damn.... :mad: that was a good one
i havent been "rolled" in ages!!!
Ditto.
Ebinsugewa
09-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Needs more "scoop 'em up, buttercup".
Giles
09-26-2008, 02:10 AM
For the playmats you can always make a iron-on vinyl graphic.
Also that would be cool to see in the store.
n00bas4urus_r3x
09-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Needs more "scoop 'em up, buttercup".
Needs moar Gearhart and the "Origin of the Counterspell".
Pinder
09-26-2008, 04:11 AM
Obviously the IBA shirt would be a picture of a bear jumping over a table at his opponent, who is clutching five dollars in one hand and a Cheatyface in the other, and petrifying him with stone breath. Underneath which sits the text "It doesn't make any sense!", and the url for The Source.
Duh.
edit - And the "Origin of the Counterspell" story was herbig, not Gearhart. Get your Source history right, young'n.
edit 2 - Also, Bryant's in high school.
Sanguine Voyeur
09-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Obviously the IBA shirt would be a picture of a bear jumping over a table at his opponent, who is clutching five dollars in one hand and a Cheatyface in the other, and petrifying him with stone breath. Underneath which sits the text "It doesn't make any sense!", and the url for The Source.Yes. I would wear that. It's even good to people who don't go to the Source due to the absurdity of the situation.
TheInfamousBearAssassin
09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Obviously the IBA shirt would be a picture of a bear jumping over a table at his opponent, who is clutching five dollars in one hand and a Cheatyface in the other, and petrifying him with stone breath. Underneath which sits the text "It doesn't make any sense!", and the url for The Source.
It works on so many levels.
Two. Two levels.
I approve.
Nightmare
09-26-2008, 08:24 AM
So, the situation is, we can't really afford (and by we, I mean me) to start putting a bunch of screenprinted stuff together, because there's a ton of up-front costs to that. On top of that, there's no way I could make stuff that everyone would be interested in buying, because you guys are bitchy as fuck. So instead, I'm offering a free service, which makes NO money for the site if I don't mark up the prices on the items, to let you guys have something. Which is better than what you had two days ago.
If you don't want anything, that's cool. If you do, that's cool too. When (if) I ever have some time and extra cash laying around, maybe I'll make some other stuff, and actually put it together to sell. Time being, it is what it is.
Watcher487
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
So, the situation is, we can't really afford (and by we, I mean me) to start putting a bunch of screenprinted stuff together, because there's a ton of up-front costs to that. On top of that, there's no way I could make stuff that everyone would be interested in buying, because you guys are bitchy as fuck. So instead, I'm offering a free service, which makes NO money for the site if I don't mark up the prices on the items, to let you guys have something. Which is better than what you had two days ago.
If you don't want anything, that's cool. If you do, that's cool too. When (if) I ever have some time and extra cash laying around, maybe I'll make some other stuff, and actually put it together to sell. Time being, it is what it is.
This here is literally truth. Even the shirts I had made for my team was re-dic-u-lous pricing wise. Origionally I had planned on having something on the back of the shirt and prices I was give was in the mid 20's just for a 2-sided T in one color, and that doesn't even include multiple colors (which was originally planned).
The bigger problem you guys should understand here is that alot of places just rape you if you get less than 25 shirts made. And considering Nightmare used a basic front and it comes in different colors means they are able to sell the item more.
Mulletus
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
The best thing is it doesn't necessarily say "I play Magic"
In fact it doesnt say magic at all. More importantly can I get the logo on a thong?
Nightmare
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
The best thing is it doesn't necessarily say "I play Magic"
In fact it doesnt say magic at all. More importantly can I get the logo on a thong?
You could.
scrumdogg
09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
The best thing is it doesn't necessarily say "I play Magic"
In fact it doesnt say magic at all. More importantly can I get the logo on a thong?
Ahhh, but in what size? Yours - scrawny/extra skanky or your preferred date's size - 26/extra drunk? And in that case is there a bulk discount?
Pinder
09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
So, the situation is, we can't really afford (and by we, I mean me) to start putting a bunch of screenprinted stuff together, because there's a ton of up-front costs to that. On top of that, there's no way I could make stuff that everyone would be interested in buying, because you guys are bitchy as fuck. So instead, I'm offering a free service, which makes NO money for the site if I don't mark up the prices on the items, to let you guys have something. Which is better than what you had two days ago.
If you don't want anything, that's cool. If you do, that's cool too. When (if) I ever have some time and extra cash laying around, maybe I'll make some other stuff, and actually put it together to sell. Time being, it is what it is.
I'm not complaining. I'm just having fun making up shirts. The fact that we have shirts at all is pretty sweet in and of itself.
Also, I think you should mark up the prices at least a little. This is probably an excellent way to raise money for the anniversary tourney, yeah?
Nightmare
09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
You guys should buy some stuff. So far we've only had a couple orders, and I'm most of it.
Hoojo
11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll pick up a couple things for GP Chicago. Any other colors for the Messenger Bag?
Also, I third or whatever an IBA shirt.
DalkonCledwin
12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
I think the logo is a bit redundant... I mean it says the word "source" at least 3 times in less than 2 sentences.
But beyond that the premise of these is incredibly cool. I will have to see about picking one of these shirts up at some point in the near future :D
Mister Agent
12-22-2008, 04:09 AM
What about those David Gearhart "Hold on... I have a response." T-shirts? I would totally dig for one of those shirts.
Wargoos
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
What about the international SourceUser?
Just screw them or what?
quicksilver
12-22-2008, 09:27 AM
You need to add a Cavius The Great Hat on there.
Ebinsugewa
12-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Trucker hat is dope. Will be rocking it if I make it out to Chicago.
SpikeyMikey
01-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Yar, think I'm going to have to get me a hat.
Griever9977
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm totally getting that trucker hat to wear with my born to roam wolf shirt.
http://www.birkoph.com/Wolf_tshirt.htm
Their powers combined will be amazing.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.