PDA

View Full Version : Sedris... made useful?

Mall Security Guard
12-19-2008, 09:40 PM
So, I came to the conclusion that, since I've opened 4x Sedris from packs, it was only fate that I made a deck with him capable of beating... something.

Here's the list that I have at the moment.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
4 Volcanic Island
4 Underground Sea
4 Badlands
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Cabal Coffers

// Creatures
4 Sedris, the Traitor King
3 Keldon Marauders
2 Avalanche Riders
3 Mulldrifter
2 Shriekmaw
3 Thundermare

// Spells
4 Chrome Mox
4 Fire/Ice
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
3 Lion's Eye Diamond
2 Propaganda

Concept is obviously to control the board long enough to land a Sedris, and start unearthing guys that have Come Into Play abilities. To follow is the reasonings behind cards that aren't blatently obvious.

Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - Makes stuff swamps, synergy with coffers, makes moar manas to unearth moar dudes.

Chrome Mox - Acceleration, really handy for making one too many Sedris in hand useful.

Fire/Ice - Takes care of small guys, minor card draw.

Lion's Eye Diamond - Really handy for getting rid of fatties in hand, and gives you the mana to unearth them. Nice extra tidbit.

Propaganda - Only thing I could think of to hide behind in the early game.

Comments or suggestions other than, "This is a terrible idea don't do it" ?

chokin
12-19-2008, 11:06 PM
If you plan on abusing Sedris, I'd take advantage of a lot of big citp abilities. Sundering Titan maybe? Or big stuff like SSS, Akroma, Nicol Bolas, Dragon Tyrant, etc. You could run Survival of the Fittest to help tutor stuff. The mana requirements are just shitty.

Also, your manabase is lazy and will flat out lose to Blood Moon effects or Wasteland locks. You can use Polluted Delta and Bloodstained Mire to get oncolor basics...do it:

4 Delta
4 Mire
6 2/2/2 oncolor duals
8 various basics

Obviously mine's pretty lazy too and you can tweak it as you need.

Maybe go for some board sweepers in the form of Pyroclasm/Firespout to keep aggro at bay. IDK. This is a bunch of brainstorming.

Mall Security Guard
12-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, the mana base was super lazy, I threw the list together in 5 minutes and tested a bit against aggro loam and white stax. I really like the ideas that you gave for Titan, SSS and Akroma are meh because they're just GTFO after unearth they can't really be played from hand, Nicol makes me loff a bit... Tyrant needs a spot. Survival though... no need to add moar colors. For sweepers... maybe something like Crater Hellion? Pyroclasm may be an idea to keep early threats away, but that can't be unearthed! Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

throst54
12-20-2008, 01:10 AM
You can also play kiki-combo with sedris, getting karmic guide, kiki, and court hussar.

rufus
12-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Magus of the Jar, Boggarden Hellkite, and Dragon Wizard could be fun... although they're a little hard to cast. Slithermuse has a fun CitP ability.

I don't think there's any way to make Sederis legacy competitive. He's got a huge casting cost, and the unearth ability he grants is very costly, and, in just about every scenario where he gets cheated into play you'd be better off with something else.

Aggro_zombies
12-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Magus of the Jar, Boggarden Hellkite, and Dragon Wizard could be fun... although they're a little hard to cast. Slithermuse has a fun CitP ability.

I don't think there's any way to make Sederis legacy competitive. He's got a huge casting cost, and the unearth ability he grants is very costly, and, in just about every scenario where he gets cheated into play you'd be better off with something else.
Slithermuse is a "leaves play" ability.

Also, who says you'd cast them in the first place? RUn Zombie Infestation or Jaya Ballard and just throw them in the yard for reanimation.

Mall Security Guard
12-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Reanimation might be an efficient way to go, but then the question would beg, "Why the wtf am I reanimating this guy instead of Akroma?"