PDA

View Full Version : Lich's Mirror DECKOUT

Weekend Daddy
12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
If the title doesn't cause incontinence to the reader. Then I guess you're a cold bastard.
The like the title says, this is a deck out....deck that utilizes Lich's Mirror as the key component.

3 Lich's Mirror

4 Fog
4 Tangle
4 Moment's Peace
3 Spore Frog

4 Holy Day
4 Angelsong
4 Pollen Lullaby
4 Batwing Brume (possible win condition with mana from overgrown tomb)
4 Dawn Charm
2 Angel's Grace

6 Plains
5 Forest
4 Windswept Heath
3 Horizon Canopy
2 Overgrown Tomb

It's a very slow and lingering deck out. Constantly passing the turns with cards that stop the battle phase. Lich's Mirror comes in when the opponent delivers a final blow (of you use a Fetchland/Horizon Canopy to deal damage when you have 1 life) and Lich's Mirror comes into effect. Your deck gets replenished, you get 20 life, you get a new hand full of STALL again!

The only problem right now is that I don't have anything for the sideboard against a sligh/burn matchup. What should I use?
So far, all I can think of is Aegis of Gaia and Worship, but I need more creatures to effectively run worship

4eak
12-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Lovely deck.

Lich's Mirror doesn't do a whole lot in this deck.

Also, I think you should consider Krosan Grip. Chalice of the Void or Counterbalance/Top beats your strategy. As long as you can keep hardlocks off the table, then you should beat any deck that turns dudes sideways to win.

Story Circle/CoP type effects or Sphere of Law and even Samite Ministration could provide answers to burn. Life gain not based on Lich isn't a bad idea.

Board clearing would actually provide you several turns as well, making it so that you could fog every single turn that mattered without needing to play fog for 50 straight turns.

I'll be working on a list; as I said, lovely deck.

peace,
4eak

Gibbie_X
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
The only problem right now is that I don't have anything for the sideboard against a sligh/burn matchup. What should I use?
So far, all I can think of is Aegis of Gaia and Worship, but I need more creatures to effectively run worship

Energy storm is as fast as CoP, and can hold them off for a few turns.

Weekend Daddy
12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
The only point to Mirror is that the opponent's deck would stay where it's at, and yours gets replenished.

It's like a Feldon's Cane. But with more FUN!

but on a serius note, I am questioning the usefulness of Angel's Grace. I'm not able to playtest, but I think if Krosan Grip needs a couple slots, AG would be the place to start cutting. But is 2 Grip's enough?