PDA

View Full Version : Double strike, trample, regeneration, deathtouch

Mulletus
03-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Lets say I have a Doublestrike 6/6 that can Regenerate, and it's blocked by a 1/1 Deathtouch with Firststrike. I regenerate from the Deathtouch, will my creature be removed from combat before it can deal it's regular damage?

Now lets say I have trample too, and I assign the lethal damage to the creature and the trample damage to the player/planeswalker, and need to regenerate again before the regular damage?

rufus
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Lets say I have a Doublestrike 6/6 that can Regenerate, and it's blocked by a 1/1 Deathtouch with Firststrike. I regenerate from the Deathtouch, will my creature be removed from combat before it can deal it's regular damage?

Now lets say I have trample too, and I assign the lethal damage to the creature and the trample damage to the player/planeswalker, and need to regenerate again before the regular damage?

The double strike creature will only deal damage during the first combat damage step. It will either be destroyed or removed from combat by regeneration during the second so it does not deal damage then.

If it has trample, it can assign 5 damage to your opponent (or a plainswalker) during the first combat damage step. It will not deal damage during the second combat step.