PDA

View Full Version : 5c manaramp bomb-ideas

Ectoplasm
04-11-2009, 01:19 PM
So, being a big FFA multiplayer-player I decided it would be fun to try building a deck around Jhoira of the Ghitu, which would involve suspending some big men (progenitus, planar chaos dragons, nicol bolas planeswalker) and cleaning the board with Obliterate right before they'd resolve, and after the dust cleared I'd be the only person left with darksteel ingots/citadels, propagandas and some suspended crap.
I've since moved away from this strategy because suspending stuff takes a full 4 turns and moved the deck to be a bit more manarampish, with ingots, coalition relics and some green coolness. However, I'm missing a couple of game-ending bombs! This is where The Source comes in!

Right now my bombs consist of intet (dunno about this guy), numot (great sometimes but again I dont know), Bolas (great, obviously), Progenitus (also great), Prince of Thralls (great when obliterate hits and in tandem with bolas) and a couple of violent/cruel ultimatums. I haven't been very impressed with Cruel Ultimatum, since this is a multiplayer deck and the swing isn't that noticable, but the 3 cards are nice. Violent Ultimatum is great, I still play 1 Jhoira and 2 Obliterates so the 'suspend stuff and clean house' strategy still works.

I can pretty much fit everything in this deck, but I'm getting the idea that I just haven't looked hard enough! What could I play which would immediately swing the game in my favour? Decrees? Searing wind?

mujadaddy
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I always played Syphon Soul & Pestilence in multi-player games. I usually died first because that would promote alliances against me.